Meizu MX4 [Ubuntu Touch] | Smartphone, 5.36 "/ MediaTek MT6595GHz / 2GB RAM

Rep: (1062)
DiscussionMeizu MX4 Ubuntu Edition
PictureMeizu MX4 Ubuntu Edition
Description |Discussion пїЅ | Purchase В»| Accessories В»| A source of information

Attached Image

• The administration of the resource and the authors of the manuals for the erroneous or incorrect actions of the owners with their device are not liable
  • All operations with your phone, You do at your own risk.
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Specifications:
Hardware is identical to the conventional MX4
Network: GSM / GPRS / EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz), WCDMA / HSPA (850/900/2100 MHz), LTE (1800/2100/2600)
Platform (at the time of announcement):Ubuntu touch
Display: 5.36 "1920 x 1152 points, IPS (New Mode 2), 418 ppi, the contrast of 1100: 1, the brightness of 500 cd / m2, the glass Gorilla Glass 3
Camera: 20.7 megapixel, autofocus, dual LED-flash different colors, 5-lens optics with aperture f / 2.2, 1 / 2.3 ", Sony Exmor IMX220 sensor, video recording 4K @ 30fps, 720p @ 120fps, glass Gorilla Glass 3
Front camera: 2 megapixel
Processor cores 8, MediaTek MT6595 (4 A17 core at 2.2GHz core A7 + 4 at 1.7 GHz; kernel can operate simultaneously) chipset customized Meizu
The graphics chip: PowerVR G6200MP4 600 MHz
RAM: 2 GB
Internal memory: 16/32/64 GB
Memory card: no
Navigation: GPS, GLONASS, QZSS, BDS
Wi-Fi (802.11b / g / n / ac)
Bluetooth 4.0 HID
microUSB
3.5mm jack
Battery: removable 3100 mAh
Dimensions: 144 x 75.2 x 8.9 mm
Weight: 147 g

Additional Information:
Video review
Of site(All in Chinese so far)

Drivers and Utilities

Firmware and images

Instructions

Screenshots

Current performance

Cap updates

Post has been editedklich007 - 06.01.16, 19:19
Reason for editing: User firmware

Rep: (1776)
Tovarisch64 @ 07/16/2015, 2:39*
in the box there is a place for headphones (there flaunts the inscription "Earphone not included")
In Android-version of the same. What is not grown together with the Chinese, boxes made and headphones clamped.
By MX5 began to lay firm ears.

I look, even transport the film on the screen, too, from a simple version :)

Tovarisch64 @ 07/16/2015, 2:39*
The back cover is glossy, I'm afraid that may pop up, especially in the subway.
Yeah, there is. Given that the Android-version of the "Back" performs swipe up from under the screen ringlet, a lot of people already so nasvaypalis to fall.

In general, something like a usable?

Rep: (21)
Black Fish @ 16.07.2015, 11:32*
In general, something like a usable?

Watching what is meant by "a usable". By the interface, I quickly got used, the main emphasis is on the so-called "lenses" (scopes), which display content online. Conveniently, but not always, especially if there is no unlimited Internet.
Translation quality OS, but sometimes come across not translated words.
By IN STOCK any claims not (dialer - call, message takes, calculator finds).
As for the additional software from the store - it is, but "primitive". Basically this webapp (shortcut to launch the web page in the application). One can see that the shop is replenished applications, but mainly by single developers rather than companies. Passes if the software before adding to the store or what moderation is not clear (I'm not sure that the username and password entered through the application data will not fall to third parties).
Most are not comfortable for me, is the lack of e-mail client exchange.
Removing and installing the program does not cause problems. Established through the company store (requires Ubuntu One account). Removal - a long tap on the application to remove. How to remove the "lens" through the store is not yet not understood.
Energy savings at zero :). During the night, with the inclusion of Wi-Fi, it has run from 60% to zero! Can you imagine to zero, Carl !, the previously installed Service did not load.
That's all for, as the smartphone was charged at home. Total time of use smartphone 3 hours)

Here you can see the application list with the description, available in Ubuntu Touch.
https://uappexplorer.com/

What is this site?

This site is an unofficial app browser for Ubuntu Touch apps. All data for the apps comes from a publicly accessible api. This site is maintained by Brian Douglass and is not endorsed by or affiliated with Ubuntu or Canonical. Ubuntu and Canonical are registered trademarks of Canonical Ltd

Wiki installed applications and the entire operating system as a whole.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/CoreApps

Post has been editedComrade64 - 23.07.15, 17:19
Reason for editing: united several messages into one

Lindström @ 17.05.2015, 23:15*
S_lavdos, it's not Rosavtodor where lane for buses is done on the highway, according to which there are no buses. This is the Meizu, and once there is a button, then it will work.

Button works, returns to the initial screen "Today." Even there is a white LED lights when pressed.

A couple of photos with this smartphone.
All the default settings as resolution and quality photo and video settings can not be changed, they simply do not.

Morning:
Attached Image

Evening:
Attached Image

Attached Image

In the room with the flash:
Attached Image

Post has been editedComrade64 - 17.07.15, 19:22
Reason for editing: added photo

nimnul22 @ 10.07.2015, 04:06*
You have it in a console window at the very top line says that there are 1 = zombie process is not good.

I checked on your phone, as there is 1 zombie process.
Attached Image

Post has been editedComrade64 - 16.07.15, 21:32

Rep: (15)
Tovarisch64 @ 07/16/2015 at 21:30*
I checked on your phone, as there is 1 zombie process.

And you know what, if you have time in the console (probably only in Rutaceae), write ps -aux.
This command eighth column refers STAT, so here is a zombie there will be shaped as letters Z.
Look, if I can find out what kind of application or process so dies.

It's all optional, just for fun.

Thank.

nimnul22 @ 17.07.2015, 01:48*
Look, if I can find out what kind of application or process so dies.

I learned it[Unity-system-co]<defunct>

P.S.
The root directory has a "android" folder, which contains the standard folder "cache", "data" and "system".

Attached Image

Post has been editedComrade64 - 17.07.15, 18:50

Rep: (15)
Tovarisch64 @ 07/17/2015, 18:50*
Learned is [unity-system-co]<defunct>

Thank you.

In reality, this unity-system-compositor, if I understand it right is responsible for the visual effects for the Mir (graphical manager).

Maybe so, and the battery sits bystrob Mir (formerly X11) thinks that the composer worked, and he died long ago.
Tin.
Actually in tinctures must be a way how to disable visual effects.

Post has been editednimnul22 - 17.07.15, 19:29

Today, update it, about 200 MB.
Immediately struck by the interface refinement, it became clearer. Icons have become smaller in size, more useful information was placed on the screen. A similar feeling when you expose the optimal resolution on a monitor :)

I decided to add a screenshot, and then after the upgrade and compare the inning.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

P.S.
All user data and settings after the update is removed.

Post has been editedComrade64 - 23.07.15, 20:38
Reason for editing: P.S.

Rep: (0)
Tovarisch64 @ 07/20/2015, 22:45*
Today, update it, about 200 MB.
Immediately struck by the interface refinement, it became clearer. Icons have become smaller in size, more useful information was placed on the screen. A similar feeling when you expose the optimal resolution on a monitor :)

Keep up to date with events. It is interesting to read how and what there is, in this beast. : Happy:

Rep: (9)
I decided to add a screenshot, and then after the upgrade and compare the inning.

She looks like MIUI 6

er4el @ 22.07.2015, 07:32*
She looks like MIUI 6

Nothing like telling the user Xiaomi mi2s, Xiaomi MI3W and most importantly Meizu MX4 Ubuntu Edition :)

Post has been editedComrade64 - 22.07.15, 10:31

er4el @ 22.07.2015, 11:32*

She looks like MIUI 6

Well, except only icons. Yes, and something more similar to the fifth.

Rep: (0)
There was a question, taking into account that even the "Canadian berries" implement support droid applications, whether such nice chips in Ubuntu?

Nitz Walsh @ 22.07.2015, 12:09*
There was a question, taking into account that even the "Canadian berries" implement support droid applications, whether such nice chips in Ubuntu?

If you are about the launch of Android applications on Ubuntu Touch, then at any given time this is not possible.

Rep: (4)
I read, but interesting))) on your computer for about 2 years ubunt'e work.
It is waiting for firmware and instructions for alteration of android version MX4, painfully, he upsets me ((just want to run into a wall !! remained the last hope of ubuntu! Otherwise only nexus Soup!

Post has been editedjofina - 23.07.15, 10:43

jofina @ 23.07.2015, 14:43*
It is waiting for firmware and instructions for alteration of android version mx4
Something seems to me that it will not.
Given the policy Meizu Г  la Apple (ie of locked bootloader), they released a separate device for this case. It is better to sell and in fact one and the other, what people do something they currently zashyut :)

Good answer about the use of the command "apt-get" in Ubuntu touch.
http://askubuntu.com/q...1/ubuntu-touch-apt-get

Rep: (2)
I can not understand - there is the ability to synchronize with contacts google? Search displays the Contacts application, but it is not visible on the off site.

Rep: (20)
Tovarisch64 @ 20/07/2015, 19:45*

P.S.
All user data and settings after the update is removed.

those. with each update we get the device as an "out of the box" without contacts, sms, photos / videos, etc. ???

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 23/08/20, 00:04