Firmware Recovery in Flash MP3 Players | Instruction for action

Rep: (14)
I now decided that this information will be interesting and useful.

All the actions described below you do at your own peril and risk.

Recovery firmware in Flash MP3 players.

Flash mp3 players fail even during normal operations, and even more so there is a great chance to mess up the device with the firmware. Here is a way to restore player software at home. Recovery will take you on the strength of half an hour.

As an example, take the player RoverMedia DP300Fm built on the basis of the SigmaTel 3500 chip. The player was successfully killed during the firmware process.

Attached Image

If the player is recognized by the computer.
1. If the player is recognized by a computer, then connect the player with the play button held down and reflash with the firmware that came with the player on the disk, or download from the manufacturer’s website.

If the player is not recognized by the computer.
1. Disassemble the player. We need to get to the memory chips. If the body of the player is assembled on snaps, I advise you to take a plastic bank card or any other.

2. We look at the marking of the memory chip, they look like on the image. These are mainly chips manufactured by Samsung, Nec, Hynix. In this case, the memory of Samsung 543 K9K4G08UOM.

Attached Image

3. We are looking for information on the chip (DataSheet)http://www.datasheetcatalog.com

4. Using the document downloaded fromhttp://www.datasheetcatalog.comWe find the legs on the chip labeled IO1, IO2, IO3, etc.

5. Now you need to close two any IO legs and connect the player to the computer, it may not work the first time. This can be done, as I did, with a needle.

Attached Image

6. If you successfully closed the legs, the computer should notify you that a new MP3 Recovery Device has been found, the driver to which you can find on the disk that came with the player. If there was no disk in the kit, try those that are in the attachment.

7. Flash the player according to the instructions.

Attached files

Attached fileStMp3Rec.rar(21.77 KB)

Post has been editedmihadom - 12.01.18, 11:42
Reason for editing: image under spoiler

Rep: (323)
M
+1 author fromanton932
thank you mate for resurrecting the player

Rep: (3)
And what do you advise me to do? The mpman player, 2 GB, when turned on, Starting lights up ... And that's it. Perc ACU7503, Samsung K9LAG08UOM memory, the board has the marking BL 02-7503-v1.1 When connected to a computer, I get a message that the master could not install this device because it could not find the necessary software.

Rep: (0)
I did everything with the iriver e100 according to the instructions, the computer found it as a usb device and I can’t find a driver for it anywhere ((on the disk that came bundled, not on the manufacturer’s website too .. what to do in this situation?

Rep: (25)
burninhell
But for me it seems that only a program from the off site is needed and to sew through it. Firewood with it must be installed or downloaded from the network.

through the program he does not recognize it

@added

people, help me pliz, I don’t know what to do, sees it as a usb device asks for firewood, they are nowhere to be found, of course, the iriver plus and the flasher do not see it .. does anyone have any ideas?)

Post has been editedHanzo - 03.05.09, 19:05

burninhell, do not worry! Ask the manufacturer for support of the driver for the device and firmware. They are likely to send it to you, and pretty quickly.

Rep: (105)
Good evening!!!! I really need your help, tell me ... I haveSamsung YP-Z5F (memory K9HAG08U1M ) neither does not want to connect to the PC. When connecting USB writes - Connecting ... and after a couple of seconds, the menu pops up, while the infection goes, and the computer does not produce anything (does not respond)
I tried following the instructions to close the IO legs ... it does not work, the result is similar!

Attached Image

Tell me what you can do !!!! Thank you all in advance!

Post has been editedmax-gulyash - 21.07.09, 20:27

Help me please! I iriver e100 4 gb. The bottom line is this: I installed a program iriver plus 3, at the entrance to her I was asked to perform a firmware update that I received positively, then after the firmware is updated, I disconnected the player to the computer, after which there was an inscription shows: " do not touch the firmware in time. " The fact is that after the extinguished light, I for a long time watching chernoekrannym handheld device, and no reaction did not wait, he decided to push a button to have at least lit backlight, but after I clicked it rebooted and hung on the start-up screen . Anything does not respond after pressing of reset reboots and freezes on the same position. Computer player does not see, but the sound is at with the United and Separation yusb present. Please help, what to do?

Rep: (3)
Help me not long ago gave the COBY mp3 player to work somewhere for 2 months and then the battery sat down and, as usual, I inserted it into full charge and removed it from charging and when I switched on there wasn’t anything, the black screen didn’t appear and when I insert it on the computer via usb
[Start Up ...]
Attached Imageand everything remains to that.
menu, etc. does not appear toko[Start Up ...] and all I wanted to flash it, but the computer does not see it ((((
Attached ImageAttached Image
on the back panel it is written: COBY MP705-1G - batarey: Li-folumer 3.7v - extemal DC Power Supply: 5V - Designed by china made from china.

Help PLAZZ !!

Hello! I had a problem with the player NF-910. I own it for two years and during that time there were no problems. But these days he refused to play and display .mp3 tracks that I wrote it. And after I recorded the tracks and disconnect it from the computer USB buspowered these tracks somewhere disappeared since I later tried to re-upload the music and found that all that pumped earlier (krome25-35 tracks) disappeared. So I could listen to only the 25-25 tracks that he for some reason are not removed. Then I downloaded the firmware from off site (http://www.nexxdigital.ru/product-detail.php?id=28)and installed it on the player. It turned out that I installed a little old firmware version because The firmware version, which is presented on the off site is 002.001.008, and the version that I had from factory 002.001.010. Now the Player records the music, but does not turn on (but tries to turn on,). The reset button does not help. Even when trying to charge it, he tries to turn on, but all in vain. What to do? ) = Help please.

Rep: (575)
+ author!
By mistake, I stitched my United firmware from another device, and it works! wow

Post has been editeddimon2242 - 28.08.09, 18:27

Rep: (6)
Someone has the firmware for Apacer AU240. After the one that is on the off site, the player does not turn on - it works only as a flash drive. Tell me how to solve the problem?

Rep: (12)
My ritmix rm-6700 2G player worked for a year without problems. after the battery has sat down, I put it on charge and after 2 hours I tried to turn it on, it stopped showing signs of life, there is not even a charging indicator on the display, I tried to charge from yusb-the same thing ... when connected to a computer, it is determined as a drive! what could be the problem?

I can not figure out the search for my chip! Do I help iriver e100 chip samsung 828 k4s641632k-uc60 help?

I rummaged all over, found a driver for mp3, found a program for the recovery! I try to prescribe the driver writes that there is no agreement with the Windows XP on the driver and that it is not fixed, I have 3 serpaks who have been trying to use it for some time! ((((

Rep: (2)
Who would help me deal with the killed EXPLAY M22?
Post here:EXPLAY M22. Photos of memory in the same place.

Help good people. It is impossible to work without a player.

Rep: (1)
I have a sony nwd b105f that doesn’t connect with the computer. I’m trying to reflash (when I turn on the player, I’m knocking out FORMAT ERROR and then the player is cut down), but the firmware program asks for connection of the device and it will connect and immediately turn off and blink to itself .. podkl-off-podkl - off. In the equipment manager there is. Disassemble the player failed (I'm afraid to break it, it is not clear how it is fastened in the area of ​​connector 3.5)

I reflashed .... but .... NOW IT ABCHE DOES NOT GIVE ANY SIGNS OF LIFE ... The computer does not see ABChE. Bind clem?

Rep: (575)
Glukonatkalcuja Close the contacts on the memory module!

which one is the memory module ?????

Attached images
Attached ImageAttached Image

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 28/06/20, 22:10