LINUX on UEFI 32bit | [linuxos] tablets and TV box INTEL Bay \ Cherry Trail

Rep: (126)
LINUX on UEFI 32/64 bit

The topic discusses installing any kind of LINUX on tablets and TV boxes on INTEL Bay [Cherry] Trail with UEFI 32 / 64bit

Specifications
Specifications:
INTEL Bay [Cherry] Trail.
The screen size, touchscreen, Ram, Rom, it's all not important, they are almost identical, in tablets on Intel.
additional information
If you were able to launch Linux on your machine, write its name, what does not work and what works and how you launched it.
P.SThe topic is forbidden to discuss dualboot Android / Windows only linux / windows
Linux builds
Instructions
Drivers and sources
Kernel

Neighboring topics

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact me atQMSif you found an interesting article or information.

Post has been editedM | A | G - 20.04.20, 18:06
Reason for editing: + autorotation guide

Rep: (741)
Hello.
I gathered Ubuntu 14.04 + Cinnamon assembly. Runs onPipo x7 . WiFi works. The sound is output through the external Usb card. If you connect to the TV, then via HDMI. If the typed five people wishing to test and maintain the distribution, open distribution on rutracker.

P.S. Since Linux is familiar not so long ago. Do not kick much.Distribution of the tracker.

Post has been editedsergej_a_g - 01.11.15, 20:15

Rep: (0)
Good day, on chuwi vi8 some reason, when choosing a stick with ubuntu in the BIOS, open rekaveri there and start the installation and launch of the android 8.1. p.s my Linux bootloaders downloaded and set.

Rep: (6)
blackzair @ 01.11.2015, 13:20*
It may still be finalized, how to know. Anyway, it would be nice)

I doubt the new atoms are 64 bit uefi ...

* Wowman691,
interested in the question of battery: Statistics shows? and the charge / discharge process?

* sergej_a_g,
in the BIOS can be tab-type secure boot, if there is, try to set the disabled

wahe @ 02.11.2015, 16:54*
sergej_a_g,
in the BIOS can be tab-type secure boot, if there is, try to set the disabled

There is nothing like that.

Rep: (6)
* sergej_a_g,
I mixed up questions) are interested in charging / discharging, and brightness control, in my cube iwork8 3g + kubuntu always 100% charge, and the brightness is not adjustable.
and about the native audio can be viewedin this message, However, I have not had time to check on your devayse

wahe @ 02.11.2015, 19:02*
sergej_a_g,
I mixed up questions) are interested in charging / discharging, and brightness control, in my cube iwork8 3g + kubuntu always 100% charge, and the brightness is not adjustable.
and about the native sound can be found in this report, however, I have not had time to check on your devayse

I havePipoX7- this is not a tablet.

Rep: (20)
In continuationof thispost.

64 bit start his nucleolus by good old GRUB, left to deal with an Internet less comfortable operation.

Rep: (4)
I also played with vivotab note 8. Put it on the primary partition instead viindy fedora 23 64bit. 4.2.5 The core of it, gathered the actual vanilla 4.3 there appears backlight support.
How to raise vayfay written here.
https: //wiki.debian.or...ianOn/Asus/T100TA#WiFi

cp / sys / firmware / efi / efivars / nvram-74b00bd9-805a-4d61-b51f-43268123d113 /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac43241b4-sdio.txt
Only uuid may be different.
The module is called brcmfmac. I Fedor was in the blacklist.

Rep: (0)
* SweX,
Hello! As the flight and how things are with the drivers on the audio and video? I am also the proud owner of Asus vivotab note 8, and think about whether or not to put the tench.

* Fenrir,
Flying bad. video is, but there is a long-standing bughttps: //bugs.freedeskt.../show_bug.cgi id = 88012?
For some reason, people (and I, including the whole system frizistsya) after a random period of time.
The reason such as the i915 driver just video. But I happen friezes and without it. Apparently the dog is buried somewhere in the ACPI or controller sdhc.
With a sound I have not experimented but I saw that the messages on the asus t100a people raised their sound.
To sum up: at this point - not a usable.

SweX @ 14.11.2015, 19:20*
With a sound I have not experimented but I saw that the messages on the asus t100a people raised their sound.

Raises the sound through Hdmi (if TV output) and Wifi on Pipox7. I found the recipe on one foreign forum.

Will work since 3.17 .... core.

Attached files

Attached filebaytrail.zip(1.86 MB)

Post has been editedsergej_a_g - 16.11.15, 22:26

It only hdmi or built-in sound works too?

SweX @ 15.11.2015, 00:07*
It only hdmi or built-in sound works too?

hdmi only. Through connector 3.5 sound does not work.

Updated distribution on the tracker.

* SweX,
Need to try. Why do I get swears on brcmfmac.
And in general - is already on mikrosd installed Arch, boot time through the truth, but it is kind of works. As a temporary option for the test will come later dualbut organize

* blackzair
The main thing that I realized in the bay trail for stable operation must be switched off C states in the processor,details here
this kernel parameters simply add intel_idle.max_cstate = 0

* SweX,
Wi fi risen already bread. Another plus in the turnip for a successful tip;)
About intel_idle.max_cstate = 0. And it gives, if in a nutshell? link stroll did not happen, at work now, half to lock resources.

UPD:

Previous question is removed, I found the answer. I like the long and standard parameters are more or less tolerably works.
By the way, as well as a blue tooth things?

Post has been editedblackzair - 19.11.15, 16:28

Rep: (10)
sergej_a_g

Thank you so much for the update build, will be placed on the 1 and 2 Pipo Cenovo, the same platform. I think that to have a full desktop replacement!

bologa @ 21.11.2015, 16:37*
sergej_a_g

Thank you so much for the update build, will be placed on the 1 and 2 Pipo Cenovo, the same platform. I think that to have a full desktop replacement!

You are welcome. Just found a more convenient installer. And he remade anew. I decided to do without the software. If you will need software from a previous build, write. I'll tell you how to set.

Rep: (10)
Today I tried a small report. I downloaded and made bootable USB flash drive - Download. Vayfay disappeared, leaving only the wire hanging login prompt tried without a password - do not let me. Probably I am doing something wrong.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 30.11.20, 08:43