LINUX on UEFI 32bit | [linuxos] tablets and TV box INTEL Bay \ Cherry Trail

Rep: (126)
LINUX on UEFI 32/64 bit

The topic discusses installing any kind of LINUX on tablets and TV boxes on INTEL Bay [Cherry] Trail with UEFI 32 / 64bit

Specifications
Specifications:
INTEL Bay [Cherry] Trail.
The screen size, touchscreen, Ram, Rom, it's all not important, they are almost identical, in tablets on Intel.
additional information
If you were able to launch Linux on your machine, write its name, what does not work and what works and how you launched it.
P.SThe topic is forbidden to discuss dualboot Android / Windows only linux / windows
Linux builds
Instructions
Drivers and sources
Kernel

Neighboring topics

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact me atQMSif you found an interesting article or information.

Post has been editedM | A | G - 20.04.20, 18:06
Reason for editing: + autorotation guide

Rep: (56)
https://github.com/AdamWill/baytrail-m- as I understand it, this is something to run linux on our processors.
You only need to integrate into the system and make the assembly. Only I do not know so deeply Linux. Who will understand?

Rep: (9)
Hello, I have a tablet on z3735g but on android, kali this way will work

Posted 08/11/2015 21:55:

?

Rep: (9)
Turkish websitehometech mid 750

Rep: (43)
I managed to run FatDog64 Linux on a Teclast x98 3G Air tablet.
Botmanager - rEFInd.

here

Rep: (34)
Launched in text mode. Quit kernel panic-not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown block (0,0).

Rep: (45)
fedlet on acer Acer Iconia Tab 8 W works, you need to fix powermanagement (glitches with sleep), sound and backlight.

Rep: (34)
Is there an assembly so that everything works on the tablet? And fully use Linux?

Rep: (31)
MaxProGamer @ 10/04/2015, 21:59*
so that everything works on the tablet

There is no 100% working assembly and then you have to finish everything anyway so that everything works as it should.

Rep: (0)
Did anyone ever get to install Linux normally? (To establish a hornbeam and start up normally.)

Rep: (20)
I managed to launch archlinuks i686 in conjunction with xfce on the Asus m80ta (vivo tab note 8). I emphasize - it was to launch, by installation, I did not bother yet, for it is a pity to demolish the stock Windows. Well, let's say not exactly stock, updated to dozens)) In general, I installed 16g via a virtual box on a usb-flash drive, and later I loaded it without bootloaders, via an efi shell script. Now I’m looking for an opportunity to run a 64 bit kernel. If it’s interesting, I’ll write a more detailed mana.

As for what works and what does not work: the stylus and touchscreen were pulled up immediately, without any special whistles, the virtual keyboard works, wi-fi, gyroscope and other delights have not started yet, but already on the way to success -clavs and usb-switch in the absence of onn.

Rep: (90)
Blackzair @ 10/09/2015, 19:37*
sorry to demolish stock Windows

Well, install on a USB flash drive.
That is, make a normal system on USB, not LiveCd.
(although it looks like you did)
On a regular Linux laptop, USB works fine.
A flash drive is small, and that they and remove from the connector is not necessary.

How does the video adapter work? OpenGL is there?
I would like to do mini Linux to start Kerbal Space, but there is very little left of the memory of Windows.

Post has been edited_kp - 19.10.15, 11:56

* _kp,
Well, I actually did a full-fledged installation on the USB flash drive, that is, not in live mode) As for the video - I haven’t dug so deeply yet, I try to set up the Internet to start off with a complete virtual keyboard. And then you can dig into the video.
I also found an interesting option in the kernel config, it is enabled by default on the arch, I don’t know how it is in other distros. The point is that the 64-bit kernel and the OS as a whole can be loaded with a 32-bit loader. Well, or directly from UEFI, and not through EFI Shell, as it works for me now. True question of expediency. Proc is 64 bits.

Rep: (6)
Blackzair @ 10.26.2015, 14:48*
or directly from UEFI, and not through EFI Shell, as it works for me now. True question of expediency. Proc is 64 bits.

do you still need grub-uefi with target when installing i386-efi or not?

* wahe,
What for? No, it certainly can be true, but the point is that the current Linux kernel support booting without intermediaries in the form of various kinds of downloaders (grub, refind and others take off), and directly from the UEFI. There is an excellent programm, efibootmgr called, which is able to add items to the menu uefi bottles. In my case efi shell was used, but only because it did not want to clog the tablet bottles uefi options, especially since the distribution was installed on usb-stick, and not in the device memory. In this case, I found it more expedient to start the kernel by startup.nsh, because in a shell efi sensor is not working and there is Claudia and I have not got a hub)

* blackzair
hereThe author of his Ubuntu assembly offers only an option with an "intermediary" in the form of running the script after installation and before rebooting, I thought that it was the only one, which means no, I would take an efibootmgr note. By the way, this ubunt is launched in live mode on cube iwork8 3g

Rep: (0)
Test ubuntu mate 14.10 started without problems? But how instead of an android, install a full-fledged ubuntu? P.s Tablet chuwi vi8, android deleted.

In general, my total on cube i works on Linux 8 8g:
>ubuntu ian morrison - wifi and screen work
>parted magic works touch-screen, the screen is a black output image for HDMI
>kali 2.0 running screen
EU but at all works hub and peripherals

while polishing my core)

* wahe,
On HabrГ© there was an article about launching the kernel via efistub, onjuniorsthere is also a sensible article, and even in Russian;)

* blackzair
Of course it would be great to remove unnecessary intermediaries in the system, but alas, in the case of different digits it is not provided
Attached Image

* wahe,
This I also saw, the point is that if you want to run a 64-bit kernel on a 32bit uefi, then you will have to use a bootloader that can do this. For a 32 bit kernel, you can directly boot.

It may still be finalized, how to know. Anyway, it would be nice)

Post has been editedblackzair - 01.11.15, 12:21

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 07/09/20, 15:06