LINUX on UEFI 32bit | [linuxos] tablets and TV box INTEL Bay \ Cherry Trail

Rep: (126)
LINUX on UEFI 32/64 bit

The topic discusses installing any kind of LINUX on tablets and TV boxes on INTEL Bay [Cherry] Trail with UEFI 32 / 64bit

Specifications
Specifications:
INTEL Bay [Cherry] Trail.
The screen size, touchscreen, Ram, Rom, it's all not important, they are almost identical, in tablets on Intel.
additional information
If you were able to launch Linux on your machine, write its name, what does not work and what works and how you launched it.
P.SThe topic is forbidden to discuss dualboot Android / Windows only linux / windows
Linux builds
Instructions
Drivers and sources
Kernel

Neighboring topics

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact me atQMSif you found an interesting article or information.

Post has been editedM | A | G - 20.04.20, 18:06
Reason for editing: + autorotation guide

Rep: (80)
* vivalzard I can be wrong, but with the cameras on our Zhelezyaka bad under Linux.

Rep: (85)
* vivalzard , Cameras on tablets do not work under linuksom- intel driver is not divided.

Rep: (2)
* Silent Forest
I know how many cameras are connected to the interfaces of SoC (GC0310 sort even through I2C). WMS datasheets on the camera and interfaces are available? In the case of the I2C address of the camera you just have to know it and a soft-interface. Then get a picture with it - a trick. It is not necessary to write the driver at the kernel level with integration into V4L2 with all the buns. At first, enough to make a launcher that "pulls" from the camera image and save it in PNG for example. Run it with ROOT rights for the sake of simplicity, by pressing a button in the system tray or on your desktop.

upd:
Leafed datasheets on similar cameras. It is on the GC0310 and GC2355 datasheets have not found yet. There, it's complicated ... in the sense that I do not know how they are connected to the system. Configured for I2C chamber, but control of the power mode is through the GPIO, and image output goes through RGB siglal (in the case GC0310 is a parallel 8-bit bus in the case of GC2355 is either the same 8-bit bus, or differential signals MIPI) and clock signals, horizontal and vertical sync. That is something the interfaces themselves are simple ... and here is how it is connected to the SOC hell knows ...

upd2:
Guys, no one used NDISwrapper hour? I never used it, but it seems like the utility to use windows drivers under linux ???

Post has been editedvivalzard - 10.05.20, 22:07

Rep: (130)
vivalzard @ 11.05.20, 04:49*
I know how many cameras are connected to the interfaces of SoC
Like that. The structure includes a digital processor SoC, which is defined as PCI device:
00: 03.0 Multimedia controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx / Z37xxx Series Camera ISP (rev ff)
Kernel driver in use: atomisp-isp2
Kernel modules: atomisp
what I could appear, one must change the setting for "BIOS"LINUX on UEFI 32bit (cut in post # 59557868)but it is blocked in many models (Windows with the device operates in a different mode, and by default it is set up). In addition, there are even atomisp2 driver for the controller and sensors for a range of drivers. More precisely, they were. They worked in the so-called gmin-kernel, which is used in its Intel version of Android-IA (based on kernel 3.14). Next, the driver adapted to new branches, and even patches included in the core, but it has ceased to work. I was poked, immediately I found a number of trivial errors such as null pointers (and this bell, this means there is enough), but the code is voluminous, the whole logic remains unclear. Then the driver drank as PCI device on the vast majority of iron is not defined, and therefore have no place to run.

Post has been editedCut in - 11.05.20, 07:06

* Cut in
Yes, I read yesterday on kernel.org already ... they decided en masse that the webcam is not the most important, and then - wait. Saying that there is a lot of work, the code is enormous, and programmers who are ready to undertake it - no. On this freeze process.

multimedia device is determined by itself (lspci):
00: 03.0 Multimedia controller: Intel Corporation Atom / Celeron / Pentium Processor x5-E8000 / J3xxx / N3xxx Series Imaging Unit

lshw it gives:
product: Atom / Celeron / Pentium Processor x5-E8000 / J3xxx / N3xxx Series Imaging Unit
configuration: driver = intel_atomisp2_pm latency = 0
resources: irq: 255 memory: 91000000-913fffff

If you dig, the system uses this device for sound. But on camera "is not enough."
Nifiga ... I looked driver source code - this is a stop-gap. Just off the power on to atom_isp not guzzled battery. That's all.

2 all
Guys, how to configure GRUB? Easy editing / etc / default / grub does not help (update-grub not forgotten). Rather like - not completely, it somehow works. Namely window GRUB boot is impossible to hide, and the waiting time there is always 30 seconds (3 seconds and I want for example). And yet - in tablet mode, the cursor in a menu GRUB can move the volume buttons ... but as "enter" click to select ???

Post has been editedvivalzard - 11.05.20, 23:08

Rep: (85)
vivalzard @ 11.05.20, 21:47*
And yet - in tablet mode, the cursor in a menu GRUB can move the volume buttons ... but as "enter" click to select ???

See hat in "drivers and source code."

* vivalzard,
Changes regarding display delay, etc. in file
nano / etc / default / grub
grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

vivalzard @ 12.05.20, 05:47*
Nifiga ... I looked driver source code - this is a stop-gap. Just off the power on to atom_isp not guzzled battery. That's all.
"Work" the driver was in a branch v4.17, later Hans made the cover that would not light LEDs sensors.
commit 3036bc45364f98515a2c446d7fac2c34dcfbeff4
Merge: c90fca951e90 48a8bbc7ca49
Author: Linus Torvalds<[email protected]>
Date: Thu Jun 7 12:34:37 ​​2018 -0700

Merge tag 'media / v4.18-2' of git: //git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mchehab/linux-media

Pull media updates from Mauro Carvalho Chehab:

- remove of atomisp driver from staging, as nobody would have time to
dedicate huge efforts to fix all the problems there. Also, we have a
feeling that the driver may not even run the way it is.

vivalzard @ 12.05.20, 05:47*
in tablet mode, the cursor in a menu GRUB can move the volume buttons ... but as "enter" click to select ???
LINUX on UEFI 32bit (Post Profi_GMan # 94090741)

Post has been editedCut in - 12.05.20, 05:44
Reason for editing: grub

* laert00,
In! Thank! And I just did update-grub ...
upd:
Did not help. On your computer, it all works on the tablet - is not quite ...
The / etc / default / grub:
GRUB_DEFAULT = 0
GRUB_TIMEOUT_style = hidden
GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT = 3
GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT_QUIET = true
GRUB_TIMEOUT = 3
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR = 'Ubuntu'
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT = "quiet splash resume = UUID = ccd4cd4e-7a27-4dc2-a297-ac6a025ffabb"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX = ""

But he still shows me at startup window GRUB (although should not) and there is a timeout of 30 seconds. grub.cfg updated - check. And if the line CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT remove "quiet splash" screen that will not, and will boot log. However, GRUB is always 30 seconds and does not hide ... Th for garbage?

upd2:
In a pancake !!! Replaced files BOOTIA32.EFI and BOOTX64.EFI from the proposed higher - as it generally is no longer loaded. In the course of this is not supported by GRUB BTRFS ... he just can not open the section with the core ...

* Cut in
Pichal ... like that's currently linux-Marketing tablet and a bummer.

P.S. But I'm still planning to shake him out of his native body and print it another ... at that thought into a USB hub to stick to it-in GPS module and RS232 (sometimes it is necessary to work and homemade), a larger battery. And the rest of the USB ports would have brought out, and the home port for the keyboard - USB too. But if you'll take for it all - will be in the plans to throw native camera and insert the USB camera to normal ... for example with disassembly of laptops.

Post has been editedvivalzard - 13.05.20, 01:53

* vivalzard , Countries should work unless Dipin a thread .. at the expense of btrfs will not say, have not tried

* laert00,
Replaced files bootia32.efi and bootx64.efi on old and again bummer. Something went wrong. The system is always loaded now grub console (hell knows why at all) through bootia32.efi. And then only with his hands ...

Hands shell vgruzhaetsya course, no problem, but the manipulation of update-grub, dpkg-reinstall grup-efi-amd64 and so on do not help - it is now always vgruzhaetsya grub in the console ...

What to do something now?

Actually it turned out this way:
1. tookherebootia32.efi files and bootx64.efi
2. Simply replace the native files in the folder/ Boot / efi / EFI / BOOT / (In / boot / efi partition mounted for efi) these simple sudo cp
3. Reboot and ... grub console ... no menus, no mistakes ... if you typels the console will display a list of the hard disk. But in all sections except for the EFI-fat32 shnogo it gives "Unknown file system" - or something like that. That is BTRFS not recognize ... But it is strange why the menus are not connected - grub.cfg - on EFI-shnom same section ...
4. Since native old files a thing of the summer, took the same from the stick live-system (ie the same one with which I have been doing the installation) ... and also a bummer. Rather like - just loaded only grub-console without menyushek etc. But sections can be determined and simple way:
linux (hd0, gpt2) / @ / boot / vmlinuz root = / dev / mmcblk0p2 rootflags = subvol = @
initrd (hd0,gpt2)/@/boot/initrd.img
boot

vgruzitsya in as it should be.

But now that it has become as before - dick knows what to do.
I have tried andsudo dpkg-reconfigure grub-efi-amd64
and throughsudo apt-get install --reinstall grub-efi-amd64
and csudo efibootmgr Game ...

And with efibootmgr some troubles ... What I was trying to do - it does not change the EFI entry always gives invalid argument, although I do all of the manual ...

In the course of grub can not find grub.cfg boot. File that "tucks" to a bare grub root partition of the Old and the main config file grub (with menus) is in the folder / EFI / BOOT / ubuntu. Naturally that bootia32.efi with flash and modified (from this thread) where the file is not looking ...

So far that's made a crutch:
Because bootia32.efi took a stick, and then grub.cfg arranged as on a flash drive. The EFI-shnogo root partition created a folder / boot / grub / and recorded to file grub.cfg the following content:
linux (hd0, gpt2) / @ / boot / vmlinuz root = / dev / mmcblk0p2 rootflags = subvol = @
initrd (hd0,gpt2)/@/boot/initrd.img
boot

No you menyushek and select the kernel to boot ... but without expectations, etc. Almost a profit, but still on crutches.

Post has been editedvivalzard - 13.05.20, 14:26

People! And who then advise on the touchscreen?
Rather like it so set up that had one finger scrolling and right mouse button - long press.

Here's the thing:
evdev iskaropki scrolling can not do on the touch screen ... or rather where it is calculated so as if the mouse was not scroll, but would be key. In general, on the touch-screen is either not working properly or not working. And right mouse buttons long press for some reason does not work, but stated that there should be ... How's it.

There on top of all this, overhangs, which seemed to have the situation corrected. For example touchegg. It works, yes. But such a long press (as a gesture), he can not perceive. And sometimes his actions are in conflict with the system acts as he (touchegg) capturing data stream from the touch-screen does not block the system response to these data. In general, solid inconvenience. As a result, it is functional only when the gestures of two to five fingers. But here, a catch: two / three /, etc. fingers should be about the same time, it is very difficult to touch the screen, or gesture is recognized correctly - and it will not be corrected. That is, if I touch the surface with one finger, then a second - then it will not work as a two-finger tap.

There are more powerful stuff from Ubuntu - ginn (in conjunction with libgrail and geist-tools). In general ... more advanced and extended version of touchegg - does the same thing, but ... for some reason, very often and inexplicably crashes with segmentation errors, etc. Buggy in general ... even really failed popolzovavshis it.

Well, kind of ... Who then will offer more?

* vivalzard,
Try Astra Linux (it can connect Debian repository) or Gnome shell in versions from 3.34 poshustree it became like.

* Cut in
What it will give? Gnome uses the same xinput. And I do not think that Linux is a distribution correct the problem. Anyway, if there is in the world Open-Source software in order to make scrolling with one finger and click the right mouse button, long press - then there is no obstacle to compile it under any Linux distribution.

Gnome - it is just a shell. And last Gnome not praise something ... but I'm not a fan, as it were. Mate has, Cinnamon, LXDE native (not LXQT that something better, but somewhat inferior LXDE), Xfce again ... KDE is still there, but probably on this tablet it will be too .. . But they "sit" on a standard Linux system IO. There are no restrictions to fasten to the LXDE eg You from KDE. It will be crooked and certainly not pretty - but it will work.

I have thought myself to write something different for this case, but I realized that it is not ready to give time to this task. How much trouble would not see ... can certainly something "float", but as it's ...

P.S. Still there is such a feature that in addition there are drivers evdev wacom and synaptic. Here with them for fun, because functional and have wider options considerably more. "Pick up" Do wacom / synaptic control touch-screen on the tablet - I do not know. And the problem there, too, will be calibrated.

* vivalzard , There still depends largely on processing applications paltsev.v the same KDE on CoutГ© - standard run applications not able to scroll with your finger, but can the same simple launcher (or whatever his name is). Chrome is able to out of the box with your finger, without a plugin ognelis alas (as Ed. 2019). There are many examples. And yes, it must be the work of the driver rather than the programs .. but, as in iksah driver is not friendly with tachem, we have to choose a software package that will tachfrendli. In the same mir, for example, with no problems .. fingers on chromosome android - is also doing well with a finger .. from desktop Gnome almost the only one who knows how to work properly with a touchscreen in terms of scrolling with one finger - at the level of the State Customs Committee of libraries

vivalzard @ 16.05.20, 07:37*
What it will give?
It will give an idea, based on personal experience. The Astra has its own sheath Qt5 (evil tongues say that KDE3 :)), and they are specifically working to support touch screens (when you log in there is a choice of 3 modes: desktop, tablet and phone). For exampleLINUX on UEFI 32bit (Post r0m1k # 82614215)
Gnome 3 also develop support for touch screens, and the new version in this regard is much better (and not as the brake, as before).

laert00 @ 16.05.20, 07:56*
Chrome is able to out of the box with your finger, without a plugin ognelis alas (for comp. In 2019
firefox supports, if you set the environment variable
export MOZ_USE_XINPUT2 = 1

Rep: (6)
Help establish Manjaro Linux

* zombi111 ,
Learn cap, Download image, burn it to a USB flash drive in iso mode, look at the file grub.cfg, photograph it, place a file bootia32.efi, boot from a flash drive, manually grub console download live image using the photo made earlier, install the system, install the boot loader on the drive, reboot. Done

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 23/08/20, 11:59