LINUX on UEFI 32bit | [linuxos] tablets and TV box INTEL Bay \ Cherry Trail

Rep: (126)
LINUX on UEFI 32/64 bit

The topic discusses installing any kind of LINUX on tablets and TV boxes on INTEL Bay [Cherry] Trail with UEFI 32 / 64bit

Specifications
Specifications:
INTEL Bay [Cherry] Trail.
The screen size, touchscreen, Ram, Rom, it's all not important, they are almost identical, in tablets on Intel.
additional information
If you were able to launch Linux on your machine, write its name, what does not work and what works and how you launched it.
P.SThe topic is forbidden to discuss dualboot Android / Windows only linux / windows
Linux builds
Instructions
Drivers and sources
Kernel

Neighboring topics

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact me atQMSif you found an interesting article or information.

Post has been editedM | A | G - 20.04.20, 18:06
Reason for editing: + autorotation guide

Rep: (105)
Slightly modified grub2, so he worked on the plates:github
Now the rough can be controlled using only the volume rocker.
Volume up works as of Enter
Volume down moves the cursor down, but when he comes to the end, he jumps to the beginning. Thus, you can navigate through the menu with the help of only one button down (volume down).
Likewise, it works with arrows, as hornbeam (and in the BIOS, in the process), the volume buttons are perceived as an arrow

P.s. I think everyone needs themselves .efi files. I made them just a question of which folder they should look for the config?

Post has been editedProfi_GMan - 18.02.20, 23:52

Rep: (85)
* Profi_GMan ,
Logically, in order to look for:
./
./grub/
/ Grub /

* Silent forest , Stop, and unless hornbeam can understand where he is, so to load config from there?

* Profi_GMan,
This I do not know.
A run through the sections and find the first available /EFI/grub/grub.cfg he can?

PS
Profi_GMan @ 18.02.20, 22:52*
Now the rough can be controlled using only the volume rocker.
Volume up works as of Enter
Volume down moves the cursor down, but when he comes to the end, he jumps to the beginning. Thus, you can navigate through the menu with the help of only one button down (volume down).

In gummyboot some versions had a similar scheme, but there was no delay between pressing (and get into the menu was almost impossible, they leafed through the speed of sound) - it can be implemented?

Post has been editedSilent forest - 19.02.20, 18:43

Silent Forest @ 19.02.20, 18:32*
A run through the sections and find the first available /EFI/grub/grub.cfg he can?

Yes
Silent Forest @ 19.02.20, 18:32*
it can be implemented?

I do not know, but I'll try (and at the moment it is true. It is necessary to press the right very quickly)

* Profi_GMan , It is necessary, as is done in rekaveri in theory, there is not even a delay and off "sticking" keys. But the delay is probably easier to do.

* Silent forest I do not know how long, to be honest, but I'll try)

* Profi_GMan,
I have no sentiment among handy design ((
The grub-core \ term \ terminfo.c is an example, is sought in the line "On 9600 we have to wait up to 12 milliseconds" - maybe it will come up.

* Silent Forest
Yes, thank you, it was there and it was)

Grub2 for tablets, controlled by the volume buttons
Download files .efi
Github

Description
It - grab2 modified by me in such a way that it can be controlled on the tablets, with only volume buttons.
Press the "volume down" to navigate through menus (after the last entry cursor moves to the top of the list)
Press the "volume up" ship selected record.
(Also works with conventional arrows on the keypad, as for hornbeam, and for the BIOS, in the course, there are no differences between the volume and arrows buttons)
Details
What exactly I changed: control (see above.), And I added a delay of 250ms after each movement of the cursor on the menu, as initially the volume buttons to move the cursor to the escape velocity and for a few items at a time, it did not properly select the desired operating system

Grab consistently looks for the config grub.cfg first in the / EFI / grub /, then / grub /, and then in / on all partitions, he can read
included modules
part_gpt part_msdos ntfs ntfscomp hfsplus fat ext2 normal chain boot configfile linux multiboot ls cat echo configfile search search_fs_file search_fs_uuid search_label usb

If you still need something to change, write, I try to do it

Post has been editedProfi_GMan - 16.08.20, 10:05

Rep: (37)
Greetings colleagues! I bet vi8 debian 10 octoprint to run on it, tell me how to fix downside: when you try to restart or turn off the tablet hangs up in the console.

Rep: (80)
* kasyakkostya And zagruzhaetsch clean? Dmesg without errors?

these only

Rep: (130)
kasyakkostya @ 29.02.20, 03:56*
when you try to restart or turn off the tablet hangs up in the console.
For some reason it does not fulfill the call EFI_RESET_SHUTDOWN. Perhaps due to the fact that the kernel of 32-bit. In any case, I would look for a newer version of the kernel now reached 5.4 and 5.5. However, I do not tell you how to do it right. The Astra (it is a derivative Debian) put on of Ubuntu, just downloaded manually and installed deb packages, operates. Plus the need to package firmvaryami (linux-firmware?) For audio and Wi-Fi.

Post has been editedCut in - 29.02.20, 07:26

Wi-Fi was able to start at the stage of installation, simply tossing deb file in the firmware folder on your flash drive installation. Regarding fresh kernels, I see, but I do not know how to take, there is a lot of different irbis, can tell?

Rep: (130)
kasyakkostya @ 29.02.20, 18:22*
Regarding fresh kernels, I see, but I do not know how to take, there is a lot of different irbis, can tell?
I do not know what the irbis, but not the mirrorhttps: //mirror.yandex....ian/pool/main/l/linux/I see linux-image version 5.4. It is this version and try it.

The problem was solved installing the x64 version of debian. Thanks to all!

The result: on Chuwi vi8 able to run Debian 10 x64 for the installation and octoprint klipper, working Wi-Fi, touch, HDMI, OTG, power button,

* kasyakkostya Dancing with a tambourine or were directly "out of the box" work?
PS and that sound? I wound up?

No sound, did not try to set up, touch on instructions from github made, wi-fi simply tossed in the firmware folder on a bootable USB drive deb files.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 24/08/20, 22:24