LINUX on UEFI 32bit | [linuxos] tablets and TV box INTEL Bay \ Cherry Trail

Rep: (126)
LINUX on UEFI 32/64 bit

The topic discusses installing any kind of LINUX on tablets and TV boxes on INTEL Bay [Cherry] Trail with UEFI 32 / 64bit

Specifications
Specifications:
INTEL Bay [Cherry] Trail.
The screen size, touchscreen, Ram, Rom, it's all not important, they are almost identical, in tablets on Intel.
additional information
If you were able to launch Linux on your machine, write its name, what does not work and what works and how you launched it.
P.SThe topic is forbidden to discuss dualboot Android / Windows only linux / windows
Linux builds
Instructions
Drivers and sources
Kernel

Neighboring topics

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact me atQMSif you found an interesting article or information.

Post has been editedM | A | G - 20.04.20, 18:06
Reason for editing: + autorotation guide

Rep: (8)
Struggle for life or a story on how to start with the processor builds CherryTrail and similar atoms with WI-FI adapter Broadcom-SDIO, on almost any Linux, I'm going to show on LibreELEC example.
So let's go, I had a wonderful box Z83II Mini PC Intel Atom x5-Z8350, in fact it was purchased for a mini media center. Libreelec + Elementum, receives such a processor where you can watch movies through torrents services (now banned in Russia) with a user-friendly interface, description and posters

And everything was fine, but it is not without problems, it turned out that libreelec out of the box does not understand the Broadcom-SDIO adapter Atom x5-Z8350 from the word at all. When trying to find what that stroyuschuyu information a few days to search through the Internet and for some pieces realized that there are no files call them drivers who are in better let me fumbles recovered.
All that is required at this point is to determine what are we lacked.
Make it was, in principle, not so difficult:
Is connected to the box via SSH and enter the commanddmesg | grep brcm

And then we see that it is not enough Direct firmware load for filebrcm / brcmfmac43340 -sdio.BBEN-MN11.txt failed with error -2
After reading a few forums I understand that it would be necessary to throw the file inlib / firmware / brcm and on a normal Linux would all suffering ended, but we have Libreelec, which is just after the restart deletes all changes to this folder, and we return to where we started. But what should also be the opportunity to stick it to the driver and it actually is, even all easier than it seemed at first.
What you need to do: Go to the conductor at your set-top box in my case, \\ 192.168.1.85 \ Configfiles \ create the firmware folder and already it brcm.
But where to find these driver-files, I made easier. with androjda 9 pulled the files on the waylib / firmware / brcm (I think they are smart guys sitting and they've finished ok) and threw a folder you created. Attached filebrcm.zip (10.99 MB)
What to do after brcmfmac43340 -sdio.BBEN-MN11.txt file it was not, but then everything just from the output again dmesg | grep we see brcm
brcmfmac43340-sdio is the file itself, and BBEN-MN11.txt is our device, you may be referred to it by another. As a result, we take brcmfmac43340-sdio.txt and rename it whatever was brcmfmac43340-sdio.ustroystvo.txt do a reboot.
And lookdmesg | grep brcm

Rejoice working WIFI.

For those who are too lazy to read:
1. Download the fileAttached filebrcm.zip(10.99 MB)

2. Watch the output via SSH or console dmesg | grep brcm
3. Rename modulWIFI-sdio.ustroystvo.txt of output dmesg | grep brcm (in some cases can be left as it is, I did not work)
4. Throws the path lib / firmware / brcm or \\ IP prefix \ Configfiles \ firmware \ brcm for libreelec
5. Reboot your device and see the output dmesg | grep brcm

If it looks like everything is in order.

On older kernels can not ride if you are unable to use SDIO devices in them.

Post has been editedpetefree - 21.11.19, 10:06

Rep: (94)
I started the next iteration of its development in the absolute Linux on Lenovo miix February 10 ..
CPU: atom z3740 1.3GHz 4yadra
RAM: lpddr3 1333MHz 2Gb
Screen: 1980x1200 10,1 "
Comfortable DPI: 120dpi
System: Arch Linux
Core: 5.3.11
window manager: i3-gaps
Session Manager: lightdm-gtk-greeter
Rotate the screen: screenrotator
Engine gestures: touchegg (3 fingers down - close the window, 3 thumbs up - show keyboard the onboard, tap 2 fingers (it is a long tap one) - konekstnoe menu, 3 fingers left - previous desktop, 3 fingers to the right - the next desktop 4 finger left / right - move the window to the previous / next Rabo table)
wallpaper manager: nitrogen
Sound: alsa + pulseaudio + UCM under the audio chip (rt5672)
Wifi: wicd (brcmfmac kernel module)
bluetooth: blueman
Browser: chromium (best to stitch + habit)
On-screen keyboard: onboard (remembers its size depending on screen orientation)

in general, to use comfortably even without a physical keyboard, despite the fact that the use of tile manager (onboard help, not yet fully configured gestures - laziness :))
the main problem for me - I can not find a normal application to run programs from the type whiskermenu xfce4 and others, which will adequately work with tachem and drags along the half or even the entire parental DE. have any ideas?

Rep: (24)
Hello!

Can someone with a sd-xc and such a card, please check the operation of thispatch?

Rep: (5)
ATILL2123 @ 05.11.19, 18:27*
here read how to pull the driver from Willovskhttps://github.com/onitake/gsl-firmware

Hey. And in the same way, you can pull out the sound driver and remake it under Linux / Android?

Rep: (398)
* brokera There is not a driver, but a firmwar (binary from the manufacturer of equipment), and Windows Linux drivers are not compatible. And it seems to be the sound almost everywhere reinforced and should work?

Kitsune2222 @ 09.12.19, 10:56*
And it seems to be the sound almost everywhere reinforced and should work?

This is still trying to make a sound in the Android firmware))) But it seems not fate) put in Live mode Linux Mint 17x64 XFCE on TOSHIBA Encore-mini WT7-C16 tablet. The launch was fine, but the touch does not work and therefore I do not know how to check everything else. Before that, I installed the Xubuntu-19.10-Desktop-AMD64 Touch worked, WiFi, too, but then for some reason I fell off and did not want to connect. I have a question, but you can somehow pull the driver for the screen, sound, WiFi from the image of the Xubuntu-19.10-desktop-AMD64 and stuff them in the Linuxmint-17-xfce-DVD-64bit? Just Xubuntu I don't like it very much and iron is weak.

Rep: (7)
Hello, gentlemen. Tell me, please, which Linux distribution can be put on the IRBIS TW48 tablet?

* brokera Log DMesg is needed if there is something in the linux and you can do it in the android. Mint I need to put 19 at least 17 an ancient one, it is not surprising that it does not work. Many fixes in the kernel, if the kernel is updated, maybe at 17 something will work, but it is better to put a new one.

Post has been editedKitsune2222 - 09.12.19, 16:52

Kitsune2222 @ 09.12.19, 16:44*
Mint I need to put 19 at least 17 an ancient one, it is not surprising that it does not work. Many fixes in the kernel, if the kernel is updated, maybe at 17 something will work, but it is better to put a new one.

I'm just not sure that my iron will pull it
PROSESSOR 3 AND GRAPHICS 4
• Intel ® Atom Processortm Z3735G
O (2M Cache, Up to 1.83 GHz)
O Base Frequency 1.33GHz
Memory
• 1GB (On Board)
Display and interface.
• 7.0 "Diagonal WSVGA SCREEN AT 1024 x 600 Native Resolution
o Capacitive 5-Finger Multi-Touch
o Led Backlight
O Widescreen 16: 9 Aspect Ratio

Post has been editedbrokera - 09.12.19, 17:56

* brokera So you try, the requirements there are not particularly changed.

I managed to start the backbox with Live USB - analogue of Kali Linux. BackBox-6-Desktop-AMD64. WiFi picked up without problems, the touch works, there was no sound in Live USB, but I think this is the problem of all distros if you run them with Live USB
Also with Live USB launched a LinuxMint-17.3-XFCE-64bit, but for some reason he does not want to packed WiFi, the touch works very quickly.
Another dister started with Live USB Kali-Linux-2019-4-Light-AMD64-ISO, WiFi is there, the touch works

Post has been editedbrokera - 12.12.19, 00:16

Brokera @ 11.12.19, 21:47*
Linuxmint-17.3-Xfce-64bit

So right, 17 years old. If you put it, then update 100% core and Linux-Firmware. And it is better not to bother and put something out of fresh.

Laert00 @ 12.12.19, 01:40*
So right, 17 years old. If you put it,

I installed a newer Linux Mint right up to 18.3 anyway in the Live USB WiFi mode is not active. I think there is still not enough in the core or may it become active after installation on iron.

* brokera
Well, for example, for me to make waffle, you need to throw the TXT file next to the firmingwar, the BRCMFMAC is not started. But this I last noticed either on Arch either DEB distributions with the kernel<4.19

I have another problem now. I am trying to install at least some kind of Linux disty and constantly installing an error. Kali swore to the fact that the flash drive is written by UnetBootin, the backbox dumped the mistake that I have a slow inner disk and therefore it cannot establish myself, Linux Mint, too, when installing it was already glucked. What it can be and how to treat it, who knows tell me or tell me where to look.

Laert00 @ 12.12.19, 12:38*
Well, for example, for me to make waffle, you need to throw the TXT file next to the firmingwar, the BRCMFMAC is not started. But this I last noticed either on Arch either DEB distributions with the kernel<4.19

And share your experience where and what to throw, what would the axle see WiFi?

Brokera @ 12.12.19, 13:55*
And share your experience where and what to throw, what would the axle see WiFi?
Apply DMesg to such questions. You have some RTLs.

Post has been editedKitsune2222 - 12.12.19, 16:22

* brokera Comrade * Kitsune2222 I wrote everything to me) Attach DMesg, and I will not hurt lsmod.

Laert00 @ 12.12.19, 17:28*
I wrote everything to me) Attach DMesg, and I will not hurt lsmod.

OK. But now I'm struggling with the installation. Maybe someone will tell the procedure for breaking the disk when installing on the tablet with EFI. There is experience in installing on a laptop and computer, but here something can not be installed. At the last moment, the errors go with the rude, then with the thrill of reading the inner disk.

* brokera Dmesg can be looked in Live, all the more so faster. And yes, after installing the miracle, it will not happen that it did not work in Live and will continue not to work when the system is set, for the installation is simply unpacking files to the internal drive (instead of a flash drive), no more.

Post has been editedKitsune2222 - 12.12.19, 18:30

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 30.11.20, 07:20