LINUX on UEFI 32bit | [linuxos] tablets and TV box INTEL Bay \ Cherry Trail

Rep: (126)
LINUX on UEFI 32/64 bit

The topic discusses installing any kind of LINUX on tablets and TV boxes on INTEL Bay [Cherry] Trail with UEFI 32 / 64bit

Specifications
Specifications:
INTEL Bay [Cherry] Trail.
The screen size, touchscreen, Ram, Rom, it's all not important, they are almost identical, in tablets on Intel.
additional information
If you were able to launch Linux on your machine, write its name, what does not work and what works and how you launched it.
P.SThe topic is forbidden to discuss dualboot Android / Windows only linux / windows
Linux builds
Instructions
Drivers and sources
Kernel

Neighboring topics

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact me atQMSif you found an interesting article or information.

Post has been editedM | A | G - 20.04.20, 18:06
Reason for editing: + autorotation guide

Rep: (1)
DRAW @ 15.10.17, 15:23*
Images based on 64-bit ROSA Linux
Support both EFI32, and EFI64 (includes loaders and BOOTIA32.efi BOOTx64.efi). When installing the selected suitable for the apparatus embodiment GRUB2 (i386-efi or x86_64-efi).

Live Mode for testing and installation (2nd menu option).

YDisk:https://yadi.sk/d/pv2ZTzav3QGDgK
Rosa_imageWriter branded utility is recommended for writing an image or DD command
Official installation instructionshttp: //wiki.rosalab.ru...%BA%D0%B0_ROSA_Desktop
Installation on BTRFS with compression in Linux pictures on UEFI 32Bit (PRESSER PRESS. # 66078369)

In the image on yadisk no EFI-32

Rep: (131)
IRIP @ 06/01/18, 19:31*
In the image on yadisk no EFI-32
Let me give you advice for the future.
Use the options "I DO NOT FIND" or "on the existing hardware is not started."
In this case, you, with any defold, find yourself right.
Attached Image

* Cut in

Thank you for the remark, take it out.

By the way, I managed to put Kali last version on the Dexp 310i
Now just with it I am typing this message =)

what does not work:
- screen brightness, screen sensor
- bluetooth
- sound

A little about the system:

Version 3.28.0 GNOME
Memory of 1.9 GOB
IntelВ® Atom в„ў CPU Z3735F Processor @ 1.33GHz Г— 4
Kali GNU / Linux Rolling OS

Type OS 32-bit
CD 28.4 GB

uname -a
Linux Kali 4.15.0-Kali2-686-PAE # 1 SMP Debian 4.15.11-1kali1 (2018-03-21) i686 GNU / Linux

Stop the discussion hereDexp Ursus KX310i Satellite - Discussion

Post has been editedirip. - 01.06.18, 22:09

Hello! A question:

ONDA V 80PLUS Tablet (V1)
Percent Z8300.
Operations 2g.
64bit

Will it be on him as the main operator Kalli Linux? What will not work?

Rep: (0)
Installation (AMD64) Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS + CINNAMON FOR INTEL ATOM Z3735F / Z3736F (UPD 15.11.2015)
on TV Box D9i

installed with a tambourine, almost working, but to start it is necessary to specify the kernel manually,
Each time to register in the GRUB menu
Linux (HD0, GPT2) /Boot/VMLinUZ-3.17.0-031700-Generic root = / dev / mmcblk0p2
Initrd (HD0, GPT2) /Boot/initrd.img-3.17.0-031700-Generic
boot

I can not understand why GRUB does not start the kernel automatic

Posted in Grub.cfg Set Default = "Ubuntu"

And in the menu "Ubuntu"
SET ROOT = (HD0, GPT2)
Linux /Boot/vmlinuz-3.17.0-031700-Generic root = / dev / mmcblk0p2
initrd /boot/initrd.img-3.17.0-031700-Generic

Tell me where to row on?

Rep: (0)
prescribe in the rolled menu
Configfile /efi/ubuntu/Grub.cfg.
all started
Where does he register it, so that he remembers?

Where is the default loader looking for it?

Post has been editedvt1980 - 02.06.18, 17:52

VT1980 @ 03.06.18, 00:44*
Where is the default loader looking for it?

You can try searching in the GRUB.EFI file / GRUB file or place appropriate grub.cfg next to grub.efi
It is more correct to reinstate the loader with the Grub-Install command (perhaps, the spiny --target = i386-EFI will be required and something else, in the 15th year distribution, Grub2 is hardly the most recent).

Rep: (9)
* Cut in
Put the dew with me disk on Digma E401
It seems everything works, even sound from speakers
but with graphics very big problems
If you switch to the processing of graphics on the processor, then tolerant
On other distributions, everything is fine with this, but the sound of the speakers does not work
You can give a patch for sound on the speakers that 7 is applied 7

Rep: (115)
* Sahas163, Do you have an ES8316 as a sound chip on E401? If so, when the headphone is connected, the sound plays only in them, and not with speakers together?

Sahas163 @ 03.06.18, 18:51*
but with graphics very big problems
If you switch to the processing of graphics on the processor, then tolerant
And how to switch? In the Utility for setting up Grefiki (XFDRAKE) there must be several hardware acceleration options for Intel (like: Gamor, UXA and Modesetting), but I do not remember when it was added, it is necessary to update the system.

Sahas163 @ 03.06.18, 18:51*
You can give a patch for sound on the speakers that 7 is applied 7
For kernel 4.13 all herehttps://abf.io/st/kernel-tablet-4.13(among them 2 pcs with the message "Speakers Support for ES8316")
Original Modified Driverhttps://github.com/ker...nd/soc/codecs/es8316.c
Author, by the way, here on the forumLinux on UEFI 32bit (post kernel_x86 # 64216898)

* Cut in
thank
With the switching chart now I will try
On all sorts of ubuntas was very bad with graphics, on Fedor, too, but with some kind of updates it became noticeable better
I will try to start on the last core

* MINECRAFT,
Yes exactly
But it can also be solved

Rep: (115)
* Sahas163, If it turns out to be fully and correctly forced to work sound, please unsubscribe. Many are waiting for the working fashion.

* MINECRAFT,
The problem is that each device has its own method
but typical laptops are similar
I will try on the tablet on the same sound

* Sahas163, I had a problem with a chart in Rose I could fix switches: prevent breaks (vsync) -not to create (stood automatically). In the Screens tab, ensuring effects. Try it can help you.

Post has been editednovokreshenov - 04.06.18, 18:50

Rep: (6)
I stroystvo irbis nb 116Irbis NB116 - Discussion
I do not understand how to put the driver in particular sound.
And how to get the wifi module built-in monitor mode?

p.s
wifi chip realtek 801n, know that broadkomovskie chips Easy displays and what to do about it?

Rep: (34)
* Mr.666 , about sound (if RT5651) you in Our topic . I will add that while adding HDMI to the black list is required, and then you need to connect and disable headphones.

Monitoring mode probably so (did not check)
sudo ifconfig wlan0 down
Sudo IWCONFIG WLAN0 MODE MONITOR
sudo ifconfig wlan0 up

Post has been editedilya213639 - 06.06.18, 11:08
Reason for editing: Monitoring Mode

Rep: (88)
Mr.666 @ 06.06.18, 09:03*
Realtek 801N.

There is no such chip in nature, clarify marking
PS The necessary (but not sufficient) condition in the monitor mode will be the presence of this mode in the list of available modes obtained by the console commandiw list

Post has been editedSilent forest - 06.06.18, 15:41

Rep: (63)
A guide to installing and configuring linux on UEFI 32bit

Attached Image

Installing Linux
Sick up the overall procedure. Some little things (how to work with gparted, for example) and explanations (it is assumed that you know what Linux is) I will omit, as they can change from the installation to the installation and goes out elementary. In principle, the instructions are suitable for all Intel Baytrail tablets.
  1. So, on the table lie: a laptop, a flash drive in 2GB and the tablet itself.
  2. First you need to decide on the choice of the distribution. In the spring I wanted mint (Linux Mint). It was downloaded: 18.3 Sylvia (CINNAMON as DE) of both digits - x32 and x64.
  3. Now let's see what to deal with. Google, find out that the bootloader at the tabletUEFI X32. There is no opportunity to work in BIOS and / or X64 mode. At the same time The processor is 64-bit . On the way, we learn what to get to UEFI, you just need to press the ESC during loading (well, it was obvious).
  4. To install Linux, you need to start it to start. Scroll with Rufus (RUFUS program) on the flash drive Linux Mint X64 image.
  5. Now we need the right GRUB2 (it is logical that Grub X64 will not start). In any way, we get the file bootia32.efi (you can pull out from X32 MINT, you can takefrom here) and throw on the flash drive on the way / EFI / Boot
    screenshot
    Attached Image

6. I remove the flash drive, turn off the tablet, stick the flash drive to the plane. Turn on the plan, click ESC, we fall in the download menu.
  7. We choose our flash drive as a device for download (called this "Select Boot Device").
  8. If everything is done correctly, a black and white menu appears with the title of "Grub 2 ^ Beta 2". If nothing like has not appeared - something went wrong and you need to think and / or google.
  9. Select the first item - Run MINT in Live mode. We wait until it starts. If everything is fine - the desktop will appear with beautiful wallpaper and several icons on the left edge. Icons: Computer, ... (volumes of windows such as Windows, Data, Recovery),Install Mint.. If something went wrong - to think or google yourself (in the future, I will not repeat this promotion).
  10. There was a problem - the screen is turned vertically, and the tablet is put horizontally into the keyboard. Deploy the screen clockwise (Clockwise) through the Display program.
    screenshot
    Attached Image

11. Go to the installation of the system into the internal memory - we remove everything from the disk, create partitions.
  12. I'm not sure that it is necessary, but I recommend the first 256MB to allocate under the loader section - I do not remember exactly, but in the creation menu you need to select the EFI FS type. We notice thatSections wear View / Dev / MMCBLKXPY names (See Screenshot).
  13. On devices with 1GB RAM and I recommend creating less and connect (Swapon in the context menu Gparted) SWAP-sectionbefore Starting installation. (Cm. LINUX on UEFI 32bit (Post RussianNeuroMancer # 75637143)
  14. The rest of the installation completely repeats the installation of the system to a normal computer.
    screenshot
    Attached Image

Attention! The system installer may break at the GRUB-A installation phase. Then you need to restart the installer in the GRUB setting mode, and then install it manually (see Spoilers "Installing a GRUB-A Communication" and "Installing Manual Manual" below).
  15. Actually, this installation is completed.
Installing the GRUB-A System
Danar: Installation breaks when you try to install GRUB, since it does not assume that the user has only MMC memory (no / dev / sda and others).

In this case, we will install GRUB yourself.
  1. You need to start the system setting with the GRUB setting (google Skip Grub Install Linux Mint).
  2. But we will not reboot yet, otherwise you have to boot from the flash drive again - the bootloader has not yet been installed. We will correct this problem - copy the Boot / and EFI folders / from the flash drive root to the loader section (I can mount it if necessary) - in my case of the mount point (Mount Point) there was a folder / boot / efi, to open on behalf of the root. By way, remove the 64-bit EFI bootloader. Explanation: In the future, UEFI can decide that you first need to run Bootia64, which will not allow you to download the system and falls into the GRUB Rescue. If the loader we have only one, there is no such ambiguity.
    screenshot
    Attached Image

Note: If there is access to the Internet on the device, you can immediately go to the spoiler "Installing GRUB manually".
  3. Turn off the tablet, remove the flash drive. Run the tablet. If everything is right, then ... we will see all the same black and white menu Grub. This is normal - we have not yet ruled the config. Explanation: Due to the exotic installation, the configuration of the Grab cannot be - programs or write configs to some left place, or break (as the system installer has done).
  4. (This item will also help if suddenly fall out in Grub Yes). Click the 'C' button to exit the Grab Console and find out how the section with the installed system is called:
    • Ls - to get a list of all sections
    • Ls (HD0.5) / - To view the contents of the section. I think you can identify Linux yourself

In my case, the system is on (HD0.5). Accordingly, we write to the console and remember on the sheet / in a notebook on a laptop (do not forget to change the values ​​(HD0,5) and / dev / mmcblk1p5 to your own):
    SET ROOT = (HD0,5)
    Linux /Boot/vmlinuz-4.10.0-38-Generic root = / dev / mmcblk1p5
    initrd /boot/initrd.img-4.10.0-38-generic
    boot

Tip: There is an auto-step - it is enough to dial / boot / vmlin or / boot / initrd and press Tab.
    Explanation: With these commands, we load the system manually: first the kernel (Linux command), then everything else (initrd).
  5. If everything is correct, the log lines will run on the screen. If everything is completely good, the system will fully load.
  6. Edit /Boot/Grub/Grub.cfg in the download section: I will replace the four blocks "MENUENTRY ... {...}" one following:
    MENUENTRY "RUN LINUXMINT (4.10)" {
    SET ROOT = (HD0,5)
    Linux /Boot/vmlinuz-4.10.0-38-Generic root = / dev / mmcblk1p5
    initrd /boot/initrd.img-4.10.0-38-generic
    }

Obviously. What these commands coincide with the early manually scored (only the BOOT team is missing) and do the same.
  7. If everything is correct, then when you reboot, there will be only one item in GRUB-E: "RUN Linux Mint (4.10)"
  8. Select it from the keyboard, waiting for the system boot, and then go to the next spoiler - "Installing GRUB manually"

Installing grub manually
Explanation: If initially the ram was installed manually (so that the system is simply able to boot), it should be reinstalling it by the system forces to avoid mistakes and facilitate life when installing a new kernel.
Important : At this stage, Internet access will be available. If it is not - see fixes.
  1. Remove the old Grab:
    sudo rm -r / boot / efi / *
    sudo rm -r / boot / grub
  2. Unpack the fileAttached filei386-efi.zip(878.96 KB)
    along the path / usr / lib / grub by any convenient way;
  3. sudo apt-get install grub2
  4. sudo grub-install --target = i386-efi --removable
  5. sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
  6. sudo update-grub
This item was created with the support of3D VIRUS, for which he thanks a lot!

Fixes, adjusting the system to mind
It does not work wi-fi
In old versions of the kernel (probably<15.0) Wi-Fi broken. Options Consider two - put a new core from the cap (see spoiler "it would be necessary to be the kernel one") or roll a patch.

How to roll a patch:
  1. We go to Google, find out the model of the card (RTL8723BS) and find a repository with a patch (https://github.com/hadess/RTL8723BS).
  2. BecauseThe Forum Minta reportedOn the successful work of the driver in ~ October 2017, killingThat's hereAnd swing a patch.
  3. Using flash drives to be transferred to the tablet desktop, unpack, then open the folder in the terminal (Open in Terminal in the context menu) and the final:
    sudo make
    sudo make install
    sudo reboot

4. If everything is fine, the Wi-Fi icon in the lower right corner will appear after the reboot.
Wi-Fi runs unstable
Attention: No one can guarantee that this decision at least somehow relates to your problem. Act with the mind. If you doubt - google and ask forum.

Tip from respectedDDA (@):
DDA (@) @ 01/27/17, 20:14*
Disconnect the energy saving of the card itself and the tire on which it hangs. Most likely it is MMC through the SDHCI-ACPI driver

You can make it a script (do not forget to verify that the equipment codes in the script coincide with your equipment codes):
#! / bin / sh
# Wifi
echo "on">/ SYS / BUS / Platform / Drivers / SDHCI-ACPI / INT33BB: 00 / POWER / CONTROL
# Emmc.
echo "on">/ SYS / BUS / Platform / DRIVERS / SDHCI-ACPI / 80860F14: 00 / Power / Control
# MicroSd.
echo "on">/ SYS / BUS / Platform / DRIVERS / SDHCI-ACPI / 80860F14: 01 / POWER / CONTROL

It would be necessary nucleus today
  1. Swingingfrom the cap ;
    Note : As of June 20128, the kernel downloaded directly from kernel.ubuntu.com does not contain the necessary patches, so it will work crooked. For this reason I I do not recommend Update the kernel using any programs (whether the Mint'a or UKUU update system itself) itself.
  2. Extract;
  3. Go to the folder with .deb files of the kernel;
  4. We perform "sudo dpkg -i * .deb";
  5. Reboot and Voila - the kernel is updated!

Note : Do not forget that the kernel also takes place on the disk. One nucleus weighs about 0.3 gigabytes. If it is critical for you (especially if the cores are somewhat), then the old kernels can be deleted by the following commands (xx - kernel number):
Sudo Apt-Get Purge Linux-Image-XX *
Sudo Apt-Get Purge Linux-Headers-XX *
No sound
Note : You may need to also put the kernel version 4.13 and the newer.
Note : There is an alternative instruction (if for some reason the option is not suitable): IRBIS TW36 - Discussion (post ilya213639 # 72968959)
  1. Swinginghttps://github.com/plb...UCM/archive/master.zip
  2. Unpack in / usr / share / alsa / ucm (i.e., in the UCM folder, folders from the archive with the names of the BYTCR-RT5640 view)
  3. To file ~ / .config / pulse / daemon.conf add (change if available)
    realtime-scheduling = no

4. Reboot
  5. Select "Mono Speaker Playback" as an output device
Not working bluetooth
Instructions for device owners with RTL8723BS.
Note : The kernel is needed version 4.12 or newer. For 4.17+, these steps can be skipped - see the bottom of the spoiler.
Note : Please note that WiFi and Bluetooth are in the same module and work in close frequencies. Do not be surprised that the actively working Bluetooth is shuffling WiFi and vice versa.
  1. Swing patch S.githaba
    Note: It is also useful to read Readme at the bottom of the page.
  2. Unpacking
  3. We carry out
    make
    sudo make install

4. Run a Bluetooth team
    sudo ./start_bt.sh.

5. (Optional) We register the line above in the autorun through Cron:
    sudo crontab -e
    In the opened editor, add a line
    @reboot /path/to/script/start_bt.sh.

For nuclei 4.17+:
Linux on the UEFI 32bit (post in hand. # 74050671)
Auto rotate
Note : There is an alternative instruction (if for some reason the option is not suitable): IRBIS TW36 - Discussion (post ilya213639 # 72968959)

Hands have not yet reached. I see two options:
  1. Change Cinnamon on GNOME
  2. Write a script for auto show

At the moment, a script is supplied in the bus station, which turns the ERAN and the touch of horizontal mode:
#! / bin / sh
xrandr -o right
XInPut Set-Prop "Pointer: Goodix Capacitive Touchscreen" --Type = Float "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" 0 1 0 -1 0 1 0 0 1

Attention : "Pointer: Goodinx Capacitive Touchscreen" must be replaced with the name of your tache. Name Tacha You can watch typing in the "Xinput" console.
Battery shows an allegedly incorrect level of charge
This may be a sign of anything. Fair. You can try to start with simple - discharge the battery "to zero", and then fully charge (the so-called "full charging cycle"). See here: Linux on UEFI 32bit (PRESSER PRESENTER # 75314572)
Tearing (Frame Rip) in Firefox
Enough in about: config
layers.acceleration.force-enabled.
to true

Additionally
Why do you need to put the kernel from the cap?
Replies dear ilya213639 :
ILYA213639 @ 03.07.18, 17:32*
Some patches are included in the main branch of the nucleus, but pass long check, some may never get there if you want to get functionality now, you need to use custom kernels.

Other
What's new? [ChangeLog]
  • 09/11/18 A link to the info about 17+ kernels added to the BT Introduction
  • 09/11/18 Added a item about Tiring in FF
  • 08/07/18 Added a point on a svpa on devices with low RAM into the system installation unit
  • 08/07/18 added i386-efi.zip; thankskacheryantsfor the reminder
  • 07.26.18 Added the section "Battery Shows the incorrect level of charge"
  • 07/13/18 Added section "WiFi running unstable"
  • 07/13/18 Added a group "Advanced"
  • 07/02/18 added information to remove the kernel in the core update section;
  • 07/02/18 Added a simple screen rotation script to the section of fixes of autotrops;
  • 07/02/18 Added a note on alternative instructions in sound fixes and autotrops;
  • 06/26/18 Correction of typos and stylistic errors;
  • 06/26/18 completed the Bletooth Fix section with a note on the simultaneous work of WiFi and Bluetooth;
  • 06/25/18 Added Bluetooth Fix Section
  • 06/08/18 A post has been created.

Post has been editediillyyaa2033 - 11.09.18, 11:21

Rep: (63)
Appendix 1: Installation of Android as subsystems (ANBOX)
Install AnBox on MINT 18.3
This is a translation with my additions.of this answer. If there is an account on SO - please raise his rating, he deserved.
  1. Install SNAP:
    $ sudo APT-Get Install Snapd

2. Install AnBox via SNAP:
    $ sudo Snap Install --DeVMode AnBox

3. We install the modules of the kernel necessary for work:
    $ sudo apt install -y Software-Properties-Common Linux-Headers-Generic
    $ sudo Add-apt-repository -y 'ppa: Morphis / AnBox-Support'
    $ sudo APT UPDATE
    $ sudo apt install -y anBox-modules-dkms

4. Carefully read the latest installation strings: I had to repair the module assembly, since the installer issued an error:
    Module Build For The Currently Running Kernel Was Skipped Since The
    Kernel Source for This Kernel Does Not Seem to Be Installed.

In this case, go to the spoiler below, and then come back here, to the next item
  5. Install all other dependencies:
    $ Sudo apt install build-essential cmake cmake-data debhelper dbus google-mock libboost-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-log-dev libboost-iostreams-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-test- Dev LibBoost-Thread-Dev Libcap-Dev Libdbus-1-Dev Libdbus-CPP-DEV LIBEGL1-MESA-DEV LIBGLES2-MESA-DEV LIBGLIB2.0-DEV LIBGLM-DEV LIBGTEST-DEV LIBLXC1 LIBPROPERTIES-CPP-DEV LIBPROTOBUF-DEV LIBSDL2 -DEV LIBSDL2-image-DEV LXC-DEV PKG-CONFIG PROTOBUF-COMPILER

6. Installation tools debug android:
    $ sudo APT Install ADB
    $ sudo apt install android-toools-adb

7. Reboot the system
  8. Start AnBox:
    $ AnBox Session-Manager

By installing the assembly of modules
In my case, it was not possible to collect modules due to the fact that the path to the sorts of the kernel was crooked in Makefile. Briefly - you need to do simlink.

Post has been editediillyyaa2033 - 15.07.18, 16:51

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 01.12.20, 07:42