LINUX on UEFI 32bit | [linuxos] tablets and TV box INTEL Bay \ Cherry Trail

Rep: (126)
LINUX on UEFI 32/64 bit

The topic discusses installing any kind of LINUX on tablets and TV boxes on INTEL Bay [Cherry] Trail with UEFI 32 / 64bit

Specifications
Specifications:
INTEL Bay [Cherry] Trail.
The screen size, touchscreen, Ram, Rom, it's all not important, they are almost identical, in tablets on Intel.
additional information
If you were able to launch Linux on your machine, write its name, what does not work and what works and how you launched it.
P.SThe topic is forbidden to discuss dualboot Android / Windows only linux / windows
Linux builds
Instructions
Drivers and sources
Kernel

Neighboring topics

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact me atQMSif you found an interesting article or information.

Post has been editedM | A | G - 20.04.20, 18:06
Reason for editing: + autorotation guide

Rep: (741)
Successfully launched linuxmint-17.1-mate-64bit on Pipo x7 andlmde-2-201503-mate-64bit. Here is just one problem - sound and WiFi are not working. :(

Oops I do not have a tablet. Although the processor in this series.

Post has been editedsergej_a_g - 02.04.15, 22:01

Sergey_a_g @ 04/02/2015, 18:59*
sound and wifi not working.

I don’t know about the sound, but I think I can fix the Wi-FiherePeople collected wifi on their subject.
Sergey_a_g @ 04/02/2015, 18:59*
Oops I do not have a tablet. Although the processor in this series.

Yes, even the main laptop intel and uefi32;)

Machetekills @ 04/02/2015, 21:59*
Yes, even the main laptop intel and uefi32;)

Yes, that’s understandable. Just in the header of the tablet are mentioned. Thanks for the link. I would like to cut the sound ... Not very strong in Linux yet.

Post has been editedsergej_a_g - 02.04.15, 23:19

The assembly is still excellentfrom this post. WiFi is already there. No sound.

took todaya boxfrom mail, launched several assemblies of ubuntu, the sound does not work! this is the problem of all Linux there is no sound driver, as there is no driver from the wheelbarrow for chuwi vi8, under Linux.

Rep: (845)
About sound on Linux on ByTrail-tWintel cx-w8 (Post kostyamat # 39326308)

Rep: (4)
Friends, I need the help of experts! I need to install Linux (or KALI LINUX, or ubuntu or debian) on a Chuwi Vi8 tablet (Intel bay Trail z3735f 64 bit CPU) with UEFI and windows 8.1 32 bits, but there is one problem .. I do not have an external hub for simultaneous connection. Claudia and flash drives with Linux and I don’t know at all which of the current Linux assemblies contains the efi bootloader .. and the hub in the near future is not expected, but it needs to be installed!

It is crucial that WIFI works after installing Linux and loading Linux as a working OS !!

And I have a slow Internet! so I need as compact a Linux distribution as possible with live download and after installation .. (preferably up to 500 MB!), maybe you can help me build my distributive with download support via efi !!) you can give specific links to the distribution that suits me ? graph. shell is not required ..

I want to copy the entire contents of the disk image to one of the sections in the tablet and somehow (I also don’t know how to edit the Windows bootloader .. or install third-party to have the choice to boot from the section where I copied the Linux files)

In general, help me choose the right distribution, transfer it to the tablet’s hard drive, configure the bootloader, boot from the partition where I threw Linux, install it on the PC, configure the bootloader again to select the OS .. I don’t need to remove windows, I need to have a choice OS before downloading .. I have huge advantages!

I really need to install Linux and need the help of experts! because I don’t have any experience in installing on computers with UEFI, I didn’t think it would be so difficult .. especially all of these bootloaders are new, both in Windows and in Linux .. the main problem is the settings of these bootloaders. . and transferring them to Windows and loading simultaneously with Windows!

Post has been editedInterestingyy - 17.04.15, 20:10

Rep: (110)
* Interestingyy,
is this option suitable? it may turn out
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide
although they write that it is hardly under 8

Post has been editedsneres - 17.04.15, 23:13

Hi, tell me ... here is this distribution of Lubuntu 14.04.2 desktop amd64 (http: //cdimage.ubuntu....4.2-desktop-amd64.iso)supports loading on a UEFI tablet CHUWI vi8 from a flash drive? and can I just copy the contents of this disk to one of the sections of my hard drive in the tablet and then boot from this section, instead of a flash drive, without installing the OS on my tablet yet?

if this ubuntu image does not support booting from UEFI, could you give a link to the image that supports .. it is advisable that the image be no more than 800 mb ..
Thank!

Rep: (2232)
Interestingyy @ 04/18/2015, 2:46 p.m.*
it is desirable that the image was no more than 800 mb ..

Lubuntu 14.04.1 LTS (Trusty Tahr) image (64bit) weighing 702MB.

Download Page

Post has been editedAlexanderL - 10.02.18, 09:52
Reason for editing: Download page

Can Lubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet be better for my tablet? I have a new tablet .. appeared only on sale in October 2014 ..
The main thing is that wi-fi still wound up .. well, the touchpad worked)

Post has been editedInterestingyy - 18.04.15, 19:20

Rep: (258)
* Interestingyy, while betting 15.04 is not worth it, bet 14.04

Rep: (1691)
On April 15, support is only 9 months old, and the topic should be read about 32-bit UEFI, because people are trying to put something on such tablets, and most do not have Wi-Fi, and basically no one has sound. And another question about Linux, why do you need it so urgently?

Rep: (1111)
SSV56 @ 04/18/2015, 19:43*
about 32 bit UEFI

He has a processor like x64, no?

Yes, he has 64. Here we have a quad-core 64-bit Intel Z3735F processor with a frequency of 1.8 GHz, 2 GB of RAM (DDR3L), 32 GB of internal memory and an Intel HD Graphics video accelerator.

Yes, I have a 64 bit Intel Z3735F processor with 2 GB of RAM (DDR3L), 32 GB of internal memory and an Intel HD Graphics video accelerator!
In general, the tablet is good! I needed Linux only for one purpose .. I need to conduct a Wi-Fi network security audit of my neighbors and, if possible, get to their passwords ..) I generally do not need a graph shell!

It is critical that the tablet’s wifi rises! and that there was support for downloading through UEFI! I’ll drop it on a USB flash drive, make a bootable flash drive and try to start as a live build .. well, or install it on it. partition of the hard drive .. along with the views and I want to have a choice of OS ..
tell me which distribution I need to download! but I can’t download a big dist, the Internet is slow! I would fit in 800 MB)

In general, I already read a lot of topics about Linux and stories with it, and here they tell me that my BIOS has problems loading 64 bits of efi loaders .. therefore, I need to use 32 bit bootloaders ..
and they are only in 32 bit versions of Linux .. I’m completely confused) I don’t even know what to download .. so I turned to the pros!

UEFI version (BIOS) CHUWI.W86JFBNR01 12/18/2014
WIFI Realtek RTL8723BS Wireless LAN 802.11n SDIO Network Adapter

Post has been editedInterestingyy - 18.04.15, 22:34

32 bits and put the system and do not get confused. I also have a processor with 64-bit support on my laptop, but I installed 32, although I installed 64 too.

Rep: (110)
* Interestingyy,
I suggested that you put wubi as an option, on the account of scanning neighboring wafai, there is an article in the Criminal Code of Russia
Consider I warned you, not the fact that your adapter will be able to run in monitoring mode, etc. etc.
Good luck

Interestingyy @ 04/17/2015, 16:45*
but there is one problem .. I do not have an external hub

there is no hub there is no linux, so the touch does not work in Chuwi iv8.
Interestingyy @ 04/17/2015, 16:45*
I don’t have any installation on computers with UEFI, I didn’t think it would be so difficult

these are the costs of 32bit ufi, on computers 64bit.
Interestingyy @ 04/18/2015, 12:46*
and can I just copy the contents of this disk to one of the sections of my hard drive in the tablet and then boot from this section, instead of a flash drive, without installing the OS on my tablet yet?

not!
Interestingyy @ 04/18/2015, 16:09*
The main thing is that wi-fi still wound up .. well, the touchpad worked)

Wi-Fi will start with no touch!
Interestingyy @ 04/18/2015, 18:12*
that my bios has problems downloading 64 bit efi loaders .. so you need to use 32 bit boot loaders.

and there is.bootia32.efito help you.
Interestingyy @ 04/18/2015, 18:12*
their neighbors and, if possible, get to their passwords.

} -) But where is such a rush? Do wifi neighbors have legs?
In conclusion, I’ll say I don’t have the opportunity to use Linux without a hub!

Post has been editedmachetekills - 20.04.15, 15:46

Rep: (183)
We go to any hardware store, buy a cheap hub (a couple of bucks!) And rejoice. Why such a crap?
There is no hub, there is no Linux. Tooting.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 30.11.20, 07:10