LINUX on UEFI 32bit | [linuxos] tablets and TV box INTEL Bay \ Cherry Trail

Rep: (126)
LINUX on UEFI 32/64 bit

The topic discusses installing any kind of LINUX on tablets and TV boxes on INTEL Bay [Cherry] Trail with UEFI 32 / 64bit

Specifications
Specifications:
INTEL Bay [Cherry] Trail.
The screen size, touchscreen, Ram, Rom, it's all not important, they are almost identical, in tablets on Intel.
additional information
If you were able to launch Linux on your machine, write its name, what does not work and what works and how you launched it.
P.SThe topic is forbidden to discuss dualboot Android / Windows only linux / windows
Linux builds
Instructions
Drivers and sources
Kernel

Neighboring topics

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact me atQMSif you found an interesting article or information.

Post has been editedM | A | G - 20.04.20, 18:06
Reason for editing: + autorotation guide

Rep: (12)
MINECRAFT @ 13.10.17, 12:32*
can and card reader so you can konvertnut blob?

I 64Gb SanDisk Ultra microSDXC not work.
To check put in the tablet Kingmax MicroSDHC 16Gb, at the core of 4.13 runs.

Roughly speaking, all above 32gb not working, everything is working below. It is necessary to check the different cards.
proof

DimitriyPS @ 13.10.17, 16:29*
Strongly interested in is who run Linux on Cube Mix Plus? What are the special assembly or standard? What does not work?

Then write that kind of yesDiscussion Cube Mix Plus

Rep: (1)
UdarEC @ 13.10.17, 18:26*
Then write that kind of yes Talk Cube Mix Plus

Duck in the matter, one says that he could not boot from a flash card with Fedor, and the other says that probably yes because it ran on the i7, ... there is great change and is not necessary, replace the model of the touchscreen and tryndets. And the rest of the equipment is the same.

So I beg tearfully owners this devaysa, image Fedore run on this unit.

1. Work touchscreen;
2. Using wi-fi;
3. The touch pad work (below the screen) and on the side panels of buttons;
4. Regulation of the brightness;
5. Euthanize - wake up, fall off if the touchscreen;
6. Is there something that is not working;

Post has been editedDimitriyPS - 13.10.17, 19:03

RussianNeuroMancer @ 12.10.17, 20:04*
Booted with kernel 4.8.10 of the signature?

With the core of the signatures it does not work at all for some reason. Although it must operate stably.
[6.871729] input: Intel HID events as / devices / pci0000: 00 / INT33D5: 00 / input / input9
[6.930462] silead_ts i2c-MSSL1680: 00: Shutdown GPIO request failed
[6.932233] intel_sst_acpi 808622A8: 00: No matching machine driver found
[7.078468] silead_ts: probe of i2c-MSSL1680: 00 failed with error -16
[7.177683] SSE version of gcm_enc / dec engaged.

Fresh same kernel (4.13.0-12-generic # 13-Ubuntu SMP) responds to touch, but only a small area at the top plus vertical inversion.
[3330.541402] silead_ts i2c-MSSL1680: 00: i2c-MSSL1680: 00 supply vddio not found, using dummy regulator
[3330.541505] silead_ts i2c-MSSL1680: 00: i2c-MSSL1680: 00 supply avdd not found, using dummy regulator
[3330.542329] silead_ts i2c-MSSL1680: 00: Silead chip ID: 0x80360000
[3331.883694] input: silead_ts as / devices / pci0000: 00 / 808622C1: 05 / i2c-5 / i2c-MSSL1680: 00 / input / input16

With module gslx680-acpi everything works fine, I had only to point at a conversion parameters "fwtool -c firmware.fw -m 1680 -w 1990 -h 1510 -t 10 -f yflip silead_ts.fw".

Rep: (69)
UdarEC @ 13.10.17, 08:19*
I touch earned little for sure, but enough to work.
In Gnome Paint tried to draw the line? As the edge? :)
Region - this is a very important issue, there is a scroll bar, windows controls, the same Gnome panel. And if, for example with chosen panel works well, and at the lower end there are problems, which means that after you will understand with iio-sensor-proxy and screen rotation starts, when the tablet up and feet turning panel Gnome simply stop working or get in controls on it will be very difficult. Therefore, the edges of the screen are important, and everything.

Before you send a patch to the kernel you need to thoroughly to make sure that you really find a suitable resolution touch screen, and then the correction may take several weeks. In addition to user distribution kernels new core will get several months.

UdarEC @ 14.10.17, 04:24*
but only a small area at the top plus vertical inversion
That is apstrimny driver you end up still earned. As you remove the firmware of SileadTouch.sys received normal unscrambled-file? Some script or manually?

Post has been editedRussianNeuroMancer - 14.10.17, 13:13

Rep: (2)
In his spare time doing qumo vega 8009w "clone" chuwi vi8, onda 820 right now ... trying to touch the mirror in normal android do well for Ubuntu.
A little can not figure out how to pull out SileadTouch.sys firmware. What do you want? Ubuntu 17.04 can start with the keyboard and mouse. which then need to enter the command? In all tests, ready to take part.

Attached files

Attached filequmo-8009w-tp-driver.rar(1.42 MB)

Rep: (24)
I want to share the good news!
I have a tablet Cherry Trail, and how many, on the last nuclei display worked only with optionnomodeset . Somehow I managed to get a picture only through the HDMI-port. And adequately screen only worked on the old kernel 4.9.
And now I came across an interesting kernel option:
i915.fastboot = 1

I Tried. Earned!
Moreover. Earned adjustable display brightness! However, normal brightness is adjusted only at the core of the Hans. On vanilla kernel is only slightly twitches as if changing by only 1%.
Does anyone try it!

RussianNeuroMancer @ 14.10.2017, 12:30*
In Gnome Paint tried to draw the line? As the edge? :)
Region - this is a very important question ...
Again took up the touch, I try to bring to perfection.

RussianNeuroMancer @ 14.10.2017, 12:30*
That is apstrimny driver you end up still earned. As you remove the firmware of SileadTouch.sys received normal unscrambled-file? Some script or manually?

Removed according to the instructions by searching addresses how and where to cut the firmware. The main thing that it is not necessary then to do unscrabe, although hinting that necessary instructions.

Worked fine with only a custom driver, and one that at the core, he knows not stitch settings and works with distortion. Inversion y-axis and active oblas small.

Now stuck on building the kernel with the change silead_dmi.c This unit is going to the core of day probably. Separately, the module is not able to collect, swears

RussianNeuroMancer @ 17.03.17, 21:00*
Cut in @ 03/08/17, 18:31
I do not obvious later how information gets from the structures with information about Cube iWork 8 from the driver silead_dmi in silead driver. Maybe it works fine. And it may be that the addition of data silead_dmi.s not give anything until you take some more commit to analogue 3/4 patch.

RussianNeuroMancer @ 17.03.17, 21:00*
Add a description of the tablet in at silead_dmi.c gave nothing apstrimnom core, but on a branch Hans - earned.

Until now, the upstream silead does not work with data from silead_dmi. How do I check the changes that I silead_dmi push through?
You can find the nucleus, where it is implemented?

And the second question, that of silead module in your kernel 4.8.10? I have to touch it vooobsche does not work and the module falls with an error when connecting.
[6.930462] silead_ts i2c-MSSL1680: 00: Shutdown GPIO request failed
[7.078468] silead_ts: probe of i2c-MSSL1680: 00 failed with error -16

Suspect 2 questions linked)

ogunit @ 14.10.17, 13:08*
In his spare time doing qumo vega 8009w "clone" chuwi vi8, onda 820 right now ... trying to touch the mirror in normal android do well for Ubuntu.
A little can not figure out how to pull out SileadTouch.sys firmware. What do you want? Ubuntu 17.04 can start with the keyboard and mouse. which then need to enter the command? In all tests, ready to take part.
I can tell where to start, then it will become clear on what you are willing.
It is advisable to take the very-latest ubuntu and boot from it, sayUbuntu-17.10-beta2-desktop-amd64.
From there, teams need a conclusion:
lsmod | grep silead

and
dmesg

and
xinput --list

Then, if it is possible to install the system on a tablet, then install it and then put the modified kernel4.8.10RussianNeuroMancer'a of signatures. There are 4 files, put them all. After that, run the command sudo update-grub, to the core precisely spelled out in the boot menu. Reboot and select the new kernel 4.8.10. Choosing a kernel is usually the 2nd paragraph in the loader.
With this nucleus also look around and, similarly, perform the above 3 commands.
The results of their output can be attached here. There will be questions - write, tell me.

If all these manipulations are interesting and are not afraid, then happy for you)
I have successfully extracted firmware from your file, attach the file to it. If all goes well, it can be used. But this, after all of the above will be done.

Attached files

Attached filefirmware.fw.zip(16.11 KB)

Rep: (131)
UdarEC @ 14.10.17, 22:36*
Now stuck on building the kernel with the change silead_dmi.c This unit is going to the core of day probably. Separately, the module is not able to collect, swears

Is hours 3. If you do not want to reassemble to spend as much again, is going to be the usual make (and then make modules_install && make install), without any deb packages.
The patch is where you can set the resolution,LINUX on UEFI 32bit (cut in post # 55476620)superimposed on 4.11LINUX on UEFI 32bit (cut in post # 59847990)

Rep: (17)
RussianNeuroMancer wrote:
ES8316:
The Readme.txt next to the directory with the kernel is written, what to do with the es8316 (HiFi in need will be even uncommented section "Headphones") do not forget to PulseAudio on recommendations from there.
Then check whether pulseaudio starts after a reboot, that "aplay -l", "arecord -l" and "pacmd list-cards". Is there sound in the headphones? If not, the similarly check with "Speakers".

Maybe in the directory with the kernel? Or I'm not there looking for?

Post has been editeddkrylov - 15.10.17, 12:28

based on the image of the 64-bit ROSA Linux (desktop environment Plasma 5.10 release R10)
Support both EFI32, and EFI64 (includes loaders and BOOTIA32.efi BOOTx64.efi). When installing the selected suitable for the apparatus embodiment GRUB2 (i386-efi or x86_64-efi).

Live mode testing and installation (2nd menu option).

YDisk:https://yadi.sk/d/pv2ZTzav3QGDgK
proprietary tool is recommended for recording imageROSA_ImageWritereither teamdd
Official installation instructionshttp: //wiki.rosalab.ru...%BA%D0%B0_ROSA_Desktop
Installation on BtrFS compressed in picturesLINUX on UEFI 32bit (cut in post # 66078369)
  • The core of 4.13 with additions by Hans de Goede + some other fixes (in particular the output to the speakers from the codec es8316kernel_x86).
    The kernel is compiled with optimization for Silvermont architecture and does not function on previous generations of processors!

• UCM files for the sound of Pierre Bossart (max98090 codecs, da7213, rt5640, rt5651, rt5672, rt5645) as well as the es8316 (on Chewi h12 sound works, as reported).
  • Necessary for PulseAudio configuration /etc/pulse/daemon.conf
    realtime-scheduling = no
    You may need to select the priority device for audio output (Speaker - loudspeakers)
    Attached Image

• Wi-Fi Rtl8723BS (BlueTooth Rtl8723bs package is not ready and is not planned).
  • Driver broadcom-wl (proprietary to Wi-Fi).
  • The configuration NetworkManager added wifi.scan-rand-mac-address = no, the network must operate immediately.

• Including screen keyboard QT.
    Attached Image
    If you interfere, remove /etc/profile.d/qtvk.sh
    That would be on the login screen did not close the password entry field SDDM it is necessary to change the subject on SDDM Breeze (in the form of fixed later).

• Activated touch-screen support for Firefox browser

Who like to collect the image of their own can [*] rebuild_iso.sh use the script from git-repositoryhttps://abf.io/st/rosa-pad. For Gmone branch gnome.

[*] I apologize. In the spring of 2019 figures of OOO "STC IT ROSA" removed my repository, including the script to build the image, so the reference to git is not valid.

Post has been editedCut in - 08.02.20, 11:54
Reason for editing: infa about deleting the repository.

Rep: (115)
Cut in @ 10/15/2017, 15:23*
installation image

Installation or can be tested in a live cd?

* MINECRAFT, can be run in the live mode, the second menu item. Thank you for your comment, add a description of what would have been clearer.

* Cut in It does not work live mode, just launched. First, long loading bar crawls on the background of the distribution of the logo, and then in the emergency mode falls and that's it.

* MINECRAFT, on any particular device does not work? To burn the image to be utility http: //wiki.rosalab.ru...x.php/ROSA_ImageWriter this too will add.

Post has been editedCut in - 15.10.17, 17:35

* Cut in DIGMA E201, recorded by Rufus. I think that is not the case, for any other distributions are recorded through this program run.

Post has been editedMINECRAFT - 15.10.17, 18:01

* MINECRAFT, Rufus the matter has been discussed here in the thread.

Rep: (17)
Cut in: The image on the basis of a 64 bit ROSA Linux R9 (working environment Plasma 5.10 updated system components).
Live Mode for testing and installation (2nd menu option).

Wintel W8 pro, live in Georgia, but the sound (ES8316) no.

When you try to install a couple of minutes and then runs the band:

Attached Image

And hung up tightly.

Post has been editeddkrylov - 15.10.17, 23:31

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 05.12.20, 13:53