LINUX on UEFI 32bit | [linuxos] tablets and TV box INTEL Bay \ Cherry Trail

Rep: (126)
LINUX on UEFI 32/64 bit

The topic discusses installing any kind of LINUX on tablets and TV boxes on INTEL Bay [Cherry] Trail with UEFI 32 / 64bit

Specifications
Specifications:
INTEL Bay [Cherry] Trail.
The screen size, touchscreen, Ram, Rom, it's all not important, they are almost identical, in tablets on Intel.
additional information
If you were able to launch Linux on your machine, write its name, what does not work and what works and how you launched it.
P.SThe topic is forbidden to discuss dualboot Android / Windows only linux / windows
Linux builds
Instructions
Drivers and sources
Kernel

Neighboring topics

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact me atQMSif you found an interesting article or information.

Post has been editedM | A | G - 20.04.20, 18:06
Reason for editing: + autorotation guide

Rep: (69)
Of all the distributions that I have visited, I have more or less normally started onlyubuntu mate 14.10
Download this image and transfer its contents to a USB flash drive, I recommend using the program for thisRufus
Attached Image

1. Run Rufus
2. Select the image (From below, we see the item "create a boot disk" and and to the right of it there is a button with a cd-rom image.
3. Click "Start" and wait.
In other distributions, you usually need to add another 32 bit loader (bootia32.efi) to the EFI / BOOT folder.

We connect to the tablet a flash drive keyboard and optionally a mouse and restart the tablet
On mine, when you turn on, you must press the Esc button so that you have access to the choice of boot device

In the menu that appears, select "Boot live in safe graphics mode" as in the first version I hang (maybe you will have more luck)
wait for the system to boot, if the graphics itself has not started, then enter the login password in text mode (baytrail / baytrail)
and recruit
sudo su
cd / usr / lib / xorg / modules / drivers /
sudo rm vesa_drv.so
startx

If everything went well then the desktop will start.
Attached Image

Post has been editedleonidy-85 - 16.03.15, 17:11

like Fedor also exists on 32bit ufi, yesterday sitelinkworked, and today when I wanted to download the site does not work.

Post has been editedmachetekills - 16.03.15, 16:59

like Fedor also exists on 32bit ufi, yesterday the site link worked, and today when I wanted to download the site does not work.

You're talking about the build that Fedora remix for Intel Bay is also 64-bit with a 32-bit bootloader

* leonidy-85,
Yes, I'm talking about her, and its not an option to run?

Yes, I'm talking about her, and its not an option to run?

I have it freezes when running from a flash drive.

Ubuntu 15.04 Daily Build vivid-desktop-amd64.iso from 13-Mar-2015 with kernel 3.19.0.9, tried to install this assembly yesterday, in grub.cfg I removed the boot lines quiet and splash, in EFI / BOOTbootia32, but the graphics do not start, you need a hdmi TV, connecting the tablet to the TV on the TV should start the graph and then disconnecting the graphics starts in the tablet, but this problem cannot be solved if there is no hdmi on the tablet.
Today I will try to betFedorandUbuntu 14.10

Post has been editedmachetekills - 14.07.15, 18:39

Fedor managed to run, but only up to this point
Attached Image
what to do next one the developer knows.
Ubuntu went without problems, only the touch does not work, wifi works, bluetooth did not check, the video in YouTube hangs terribly.
device Chuwi vi8 single

Post has been editedmachetekills - 18.03.15, 12:36

Rep: (0)
* machetekills
Is it impossible to override the interface for outputting kernel boot parameters in grub?
Something like that
linux / boot / vmlinuz -... root = ...<some parameters>video = LCD1: 1024x768-16

At one time, this was how I wound up a monitor-free system with permanent VGA turned on. The only thing is that you need to know exactly what the exit is called (watch with xrandr)

Rep: (2)
And in bios uefi in Legacy is not translated?

* WhiteO,
No, there is no it at all.

herelinkon ubuntu

Post has been editedmachetekills - 18.03.15, 18:11

Rep: (12)
* machetekills in the end, a black screen when choosing any item (
Miix 2 10

* oleg66482
Try to remove the quiet and splash lines in grub.cfg. Open the file in Notepad.

Similarly

leonidy-85 @ 03/16/2015, 13:40*
In the menu that appears, select "Boot live in safe graphics mode" as in the first version I hang (maybe you will have more luck)
wait for the system to boot, if the graphics itself has not started, then enter the login password in text mode (baytrail / baytrail)
and recruit
sudo su
cd / usr / lib / xorg / modules / drivers /
sudo rm vesa_drv.so
startx

If everything went well then the desktop will start.
Try this, you can still try to connect the tablet to the TV, according to the ideas of the graphics should go on the TV and if you disconnect it on the tablet.

* machetekills No, there is no signal to HDMI, the tablet screen works, but nothing indicates that when you select the normal boot, that is, with Safe

Rep: (11)
Good topic)
I myself try to run linux on Lenovo miix 2 10, I have already learned a lot about working with the grub config, almost everything with uefi x64 builds can be run by faking grub)

Rep: (6)
Good day, dear forum users.
Guys, what about ubunt 13.04? Version 14 does not start at all. I read info that 13.04 maximum. I'm about a miracle. She started up me. Yes, here's the problem - the built-in drives can not see. I once wrote my research about this in the subject of my tablet. He sees them, but does not see them. Through the console under the root, he sees an access error. Different markup options do not help. GPT and MBR tried. Familiar believes that Trouble drivers.

Post has been editedintro94 - 25.03.15, 14:34

Rep: (1542)
Does it make sense to install Ubuntu 13.04 if it has already run out of support? You don't install any updates on it.

Rep: (11)
Hello friends. I want to share with you how it is still interesting to use our small toys. Or rather about the installationKali Linux Live USB for the possibility of pin-test Wi-Fi networks.

Why Live USB? Because:

First, in the Live version, we have all the Kali linux pin-test capabilities.
Secondly, when installing a full version, in any case, many tablet devices will not work with us, and we will encounter problems.
Third, the built-in wi-fi antenna is not suitable for using the kali linux tools, so we need a usb antenna.
And most importantly, we save win 8.1 and continue to enjoy it. thereforeFor a tablet, this setting is absolutely safe, because does not affect his hard drive .
And of course also because we can do it.
At the end of the instructions below, we will receive a USB LIVE version of Kali linux with the ability to save changes, as well as the ability to install programs. But still this is the Live version, so you should not expect full contact from it.
It is noticed that not a single sensor or a tablet device is working. there are no drivers. In fact, with the help of a hub, keyboard, mouse and usb wifi antenna, it is turned into an ordinary small PC.

To complete the work in kali linux we need:
- The tablet itself (I have Pipo W4)
-USB hub + OTG cable
-mouse
-keyboard
-compatibleusb wifi antenna
-USB flash drive 8gb and above

Preparatory work:
1. Download the kali linux image fromoff site(first two), it does not matter, 32 or 64 bit.
2. Download the programWin32 disk imagerand write the image to the USB flash drive.
In this case, Rufus is not suitable, because it creates a partition for the entire free space of the flash drive, andWin32 disk imager breaks the flash drive exactly as needed, and we will use the remaining free space on it for a special section.
3. Downloadbootia32.efi
Now, directly, the process itself:
1. Boot from a computer from a USB flash drive in Kali Linux Live USB
2. Start the terminal and writegparted In the running program, select our flash drive in the devices and create a new primary partition in an empty area. ext4 tagged persistence
See how flash partitions are labeled ingparted and the Windows partition on the primary hard disk. They will be useful to us for the teams below.
3. Open the terminal and write commands (I have a flash drivesdc with sections sdc1 sdc2 sdc3 ):

mkdir -p / mnt / my_usb
mount / dev / sd3 / mnt / my_usb
echo “/ union”>/mnt/my_usb/persistence.conf
umount / dev / sdc3

4. You should have a disk (partition) "Kali Linux" on your desktop or in the "computer". It is necessary to copy it downloaded earlier.bootia32.efi on the way / Efi / boot / having previously created these folders.
Next, open the terminal and enterleafpad and paste the contents of the code below:

# Config file for GRUB2 - The GNU GRand Unified Bootloader
# /boot/grub/grub.cfg

# DEVICE NAME CONVERSIONS
#
# Linux Grub
# -------------------------

set menu_color_normal = green / black
set menu_color_highlight = black / yellow

function load_video {
insmod efi_gop
insmod efi_uga
insmod video_bochs
insmod video_cirrus
insmod all_video
}

load_video
set gfxpayload = keep

# Timeout for menu
set timeout = 5

# Set default boot entry as Entry 0
set default = 0
set color_normal = green / black

menuentry 'Kali Linux Live' {
linux / live / vmlinuz boot = live noconfig = sudo username = root hostname = kali persistence
initrd /live/initrd.img
}

menuentry 'Windows 8.1' {
set root = (hd1, gpt1)
chainloader /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi
}

Save this file asgrub.cfg to disk (partition) "Kali Linux" along the way / boot / grub /
5. poweroff in the terminal

Now is the time to connect all the devices to our tablet. In BIOS, choose to boot from the USB flash drive and in the grub menu, select or downloadKali Linux Live or Windows 8.1 and enjoy.

Attached Image

WEP should understand well, Reaver is fine.
Pyrite accelerated to 1,300 words / second, but the average was 800 words / second. Not much for brute force, but the processor is weak here.
Attached Image

Post has been editedfbs-16 - 02.04.15, 00:05

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 20/07/20, 21:28