> Attention!

We strongly recommend to readRules section "Android - firmware"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Xiaomi Redmi 2 - Unofficial firmware
What is the most stable firmware?
What is the most stable firmware?
LINEAGE OS 14.1 [ 194 ] ** [40,25%]
MOKEE OS 71.2 [ 25 ] ** [5,19%]
ViperOS 3.1.1 [ 12 ] ** [2,49%]
Cyanogenmod 14.1 [ 21 ] ** [4,36%]
Mokee os history [ 3 ] ** [0,62%]
Other firmware based on android 7 [ 44 ] ** [9,13%]
Other android 6 based firmware [ 3 ] ** [0,62%]
MIUI [ 154 ] ** [31,95%]
Other android 5 based firmware [ 26 ] ** [5,39%]
Are you waiting for Oreo 8+?
YES [ 299 ] ** [62,03%]
NOT [ 161 ] ** [33,4%]
Are you ready to test the raw firmware 8. + Android and write a review about it?
YES [ 221 ] ** [45,85%]
NOT [ 239 ] ** [49,59%]
Total votes: 482

Rep: (54)
Xiaomi Redmi 2 - Unofficial firmware
PictureRedmi 2, Hongmi 2, RedRice 2, wt86047, wt88047, HM2XWC, HM2XTD
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Xiaomi club пїЅ | Club owners Xiaomi Redmi 2 пїЅ | Unlocking XIAOMI bootloaders пїЅ | MIUI firmware пїЅ | Unofficial firmwareпїЅ

Drivers and Utilities
Firmware
* Official refers to firmware supported by project developers (such firmware receive regular updates and is often more stable).
General list of official * and other firmware on the XDA forum (updated post)
List of firmware with support for Boot 5.1 MIUI (updated post)

Universal - for 811, 813, 817:
Android 10

Android 9.0

Android 8+

Android 7+

Kernels
Modems
Stitched through TWRP
Firmware for Android 5.1+

Modem list

Recovery
Attention! Do not use the recovery from CyanogenMod, because not confirmed its performance with other firmware.
MIUI Recovery (Stock) - only for 811/817
Recovery recommended for installationOfficial TWRP 3.2.1 .
FAQ onTWRPandCWM

TWRP

CWM Recovery - only for 811/817
PhilZ Touch Recovery - only for 811/817
Medicine for kernel installation and Recovery (MIUI Recovery (Stock), TWRP, CWM - optional) for 811, 813, 817

In any recovery you can get this way: on the phone off, holdbothVolume keys, turn on the device with the power button. After the appearance of the MI logo, the buttons can be released.

Google Apps (GApps)
Open GApps (When loading, specify the value in the Platform field ARM versions recommended for installation Pico and Nano )
Example
Attached Image

Google Apps FAQ

Miscellaneous: mods / scripts / patches
Instructions
FAQ
  1. Q: What firmware is better to install and do I need to install another kernel?
    A: Currently, the most positive feedback received firmwareMokee and official CyanogenMod 13.0 . The kernel serves to control the frequencies of the CPU and graphics accelerator, as well as other parameters (for example, double-tap control to unlock the screen). With proper configuration, it is possible to get increased autonomy and high performance. The core recommended by most users is - Berserk jerrica kernel . However, it should be understood that the majority opinion is not a guarantee of quality, there is nothing better than personal experience.

2. Q: How to find out the version (revision) of your phone?
    A: There are several ways to read more.here.

3. Q: What firmware to install for certain revisions?
    A: Currently, custom firmware for Redmi 2 is optimized for any version.

4. Q: Can I install custom firmware via Recovery from MIUI?
    A: No, for custom firmware you need a custom Recovery, for example, TWRP.

5. Q: How to login / reboot into Recovery?
    A: In most firmwares, the way to get to Recovery is supported through the reboot menu. Another, the most common (100% working) method is the following: on the phone off, hold both volume keys and turn on the device with the power button. After the appearance of the MI logo, the buttons can be released.

6. Q: How to get Google services and working Play Market?
    A: After installing the firmware,without leaving recovery, install the necessary GApps package (for example, Open Gapps).

7. Q: Fails after installing GApps. How to fix?
    A: This means that you installed the GApps package after the initial firmware download. You need to reinstall the firmware and then install GApps as recommended above.

8. Q: What should I do if during the installation of the firmware the error "E: Error executing updater binary ..." occurs?
    A: You need to mount partitions. In Recovery, click "Mount" and uncheck the boxes next to "System", "Data", "Cache".

9. Q: How to get Root on firmware CM 11 / 12.1 / 13 (and those that use the CM code)?
    A: Go to settings, select the item "About phone", click on the build number 7 times, then the item "For developers" will appear in the settings, in it click on the item "Superuser mode" and select "For applications only" or "For applications and ADB ", or flash the .zip version of SuperSU, via Recovery.

10. Q: Why the grating icon (#) appears in the status bar on CM 12.1 / 13?
    A: This means that some application currently has superuser rights. You can disable using the module for Xposed "Disable Su Indicator". Some firmware systems support disabling this notification (for example, Reserrection Remix).

11. Q: Why do some quick settings and notifications remain untranslated after a language change?
    A: After installing the firmware and initial settings, reboot the system, everything will be displayed in the correct language.

12. Q: Periodically blue flashes appear on the screen, often when working with a flashlight and watching videos, how to remove?
    A: Enable this menu item: Settings ->For developers ->Off apparatus. overlay. However, this solution must be repeated after each reboot. Also appearedscript, to consolidate this decision forever.

13. Q: How to fix the diode burning green after disconnecting charging?
    A: This is not an error, when the charge is reduced to 99%, the diode turns off. However, this can be disabled by turning off the battery indication in the display settings. On late builds, the problem is not observed.

14. Q: How to install the kernel with the .img extension?
    A: The kernel is installed via Recovery, morehere.

15. Q: On CM 12.1 / 13.0, when headphones are connected, the sound goes simultaneously through the headphones and the speaker, how to fix it?
    A: The problem can be solved by first turning on the music, and after connecting the headphones. On late builds, the problem is not observed.

16. Q: On unofficial firmware, photos weigh much less than on official ones. So the quality is worse?
    A: If quality is worse, not much.Photo Comparison Example.

17. Q: What is the difference between NIGHTLY and SNAPSHOT assemblies CM 12.1 / 13?
    A: In short, SNAPSHOT is a more stable build. More can be read, for example,here.
    ATTENTION! SNAPSHOT assemblies are not put on top of NIGHTLY assemblies and vice versa. Installing one assembly to another is necessary only after clearing the Data, System and Cache sections!

18. Q: What is the difference between NIGHTLY and RELEASE of MoKee assemblies?
    A: RELEASE - cloaked, more stable build, minimized bugs. NIGHTLY - deodexed, contains experimental developments, stable operation is not guaranteed.

19. Q: Does not work / the stock music player on CM / MoKee stopped working ..?
    A: Such a problem was noticed when using a third-party kernel, for example, Berserk. There is no other solution besides replacing the core.

20. Q: Mobile Internet does not work on CM 13. How to fix?
    A: This problem can be solved by installing a second SIM card and then selecting the correct card for data transfer (Settings ->SIM cards ->item Mobile data). After this procedure, the second card can be removed.

21. Q: How to enable multi-window mode on Android N?
    A: In the recent application manager, drag the desired window to the free screen area.

FAQ (Archive until 09/01/16)

Survey Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
History change caps
  • 28.12.17 - added : AospExtended-v5.1 beta
  • 24.12.17 - added : Lineage OS 15.1 test
  • 29.08.17 - added : Smooth Scrolling Patch (Universal)
  • 27.08.17 - added : fastboot for android
  • 21.07.17 - transference : little relevant content was ported to archive
  • 20.07.17 - added : Firmware manual
  • 8.06.17 - added : CAF AOSP 7.x.x x64
  • 25.05.17 - added : official TWRP
  • 01.05.17 - added : [Improved AospExtended ROM 4.1 (Android 7.1.2)
  • 23.03.17 - added : firmware PARANOID.
  • 21.03.17 - added : TWRP 3.1.0-0 from melles1991.
  • 18.03.17 - added : transfer to RU for AospExtended ROM; mirror download for MokeeOS official.
  • 16.03.17 - added : templates for new posts with firmware / core / recover. Fixed spelling errors.
  • 15.03.17 - added : HexaTurbo by TecnoTailsPlays
  • Old story caps

ARCHIVE

There is no curator in the subject. If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the sectionI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).
Prior to the appointment of the curator, on filling caps, please contactmoderatorssection through a buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editeddestroyer71 - 07.12.19, 20:44
Reason for editing: Lineage OS 17

Rep: (85)
CWM Recovery for RedMi 2
Here is the installation instruction
Files to install:
Time

Two

And then Unofficial CyanogenMod CM11 ROM based on Android 4.4.4 for Redmi 2

Rep: (246)
On the forum postedColorOSandLewa

Rep: (1437)
M
The topic has been moved to the Xiaomi subsection.

Rep: (31)
I flashed the phone to [Unofficial] CyanogenMod CM11 ROM
And it seems I will stay on it for a long time, until they normally make a normal MIUI.
In short, the firmware is excellent! There is a Russian language in the system, there is no Russian keyboard, but this is not even a problem, it is easily treated by installing any keyboard, for example, installing Google Keyboard.
One minus is not a working standard application "camera" takes a picture, but it saves black squares, and video recording crashes in general)) other similar programs work like, but did not really check it.

1. The battery does not eat, enough for a long time, just like MIUI, although it seems a little more.
2. Music does not stick, does not set everything perfectly.
3. RAM is always on average free ~ 400mb.
3. Notifications, messages, for example, on Line always come immediately, and it doesn’t matter in the background of the program whether it is running or not, they always come, unlike MIUI.
4. When on miui through serv. the menu (4636) was set only by wcdma, after an indefinite time, the menu was automatically set to wcdma automatically, and the phone worked on 2G. I thought I’ll get used to it, but her))
5. Because of plugs with the standard player, I was sitting on the JetAuodio, and if I went to line or open some document while listening, pdf, for example, the music "died out" although the pause did not work in the player, and you had to go to it and poke play .

p.s. I tried the firmware from miui.su, multirom.me. and the official one, the same problems are everywhere, from third-party programs only Line and JetAudio installed and used. I tried to cut down, delete unnecessary programs, but one fig miui eats operative, slows down, and is buggy. I got it specifically, I don’t see the point in miui, the interface? facilities? Well I do not know))

Rep: (8)
CM11:https://mega.co.nz/#!J15TFSgS!DXs-h9wELOXkSjbYAKJ1k8ycVQIxYZwPZ7s84RAMF0A
LEWA:https://mega.co.nz/#!VgRTRT7L!lkbUmeUURSAVw56SkLCU15DZ5Eevt-JOcfW5vDChitg

Rep: (1749)
More for fans of CyanogenMod
FIUI Beta 2.8.0 ROM Based On Android 4.4.4 For Redmi 2

Rep: (1)
Hello! Just installed [Unofficial] LeWa OS5 ROM. I want to inform you right away that there IS Russian in it. Yes, at the first boot everything goes with hieroglyphs (not even in English), butintuitive interfaceпїЅallows you to find the language change menu in a couple of minutes - just in case, I attached the instructions in the form of screenshots.

Russian language choice
The settings icon is on the desktop (Fig. No. 1).
In the settings menu we find a line with the image of the letters "a-z" (Fig. No. 2).
The very top line in the opened submenu is the choice of the system language. There is no Russian keyboard, but this, I think, is not a big problem.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Not all software is Russified, all LEWA chips are all the same in Chinese, but enough for use) Now I will install all the software that I use normally and will try to write a review tomorrow night. :-)

Russification screenshots
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

UPD: And here there will be no review :-(
I managed to evaluate the camera built into LEWA OS - it shoots no worse than the standard one in CM11, but it is more convenient and has a photosphere. The firmware turned out to be beautiful, but very inconvenient. From time to time, Chinese applications popped up on the whole screen and wanted some action from me. Plus, there was a serious problem - “Not enough space in the device’s memory” when installing applications, I couldn’t figure out why. Only GApps minimal managed to install through recovery, Clientsavagemessiahzine.com: happy :, WhatsApp from the market and Touchpal keyboard, again from the market. More LEWA applications refused to install.
Probably, after reinstalling the firmware and a more thorough wipe, everything would work, but the desire to study this version further, alas, disappeared ...
Attached Image

I’ve been sitting on the CyanogenMod CM11 for a week now, it has never crashed, it hasn’t rebooted spontaneously, the battery holds just fine, gapps installed separately without problems, instead of the built-in standard camera application (crashes), I use SnapCam HDR. Otherwise, everything flies, everything is smooth, and beautiful, I installed a bunch of themes for cm11. I forgot about miui, and it seems I won’t return to it soon: rolleyes:

Rep: (4)
Thanks to everyone who wrote about Cyan. On the last smart (Nubia z5s mini), miui also stood at first, and then accidentally tried cyan and realized that miui was not the best firmware at all, and judging by the reviews and on redmi2 the same thing. In general, I’ll definitely try tomorrow!)))

Installed today FIUI Beta 2.8.0 ROM Based On Android 4.4.4 For Redmi 2, Very crude, after 20 minutes of use, returned to cm11.

Rep: (4)
hold volume + first and then on. Hold it for 5 seconds

I don’t know why, but it doesn’t work. Found another way - programReboot recovery

Kraft2010 @ 03/03/2015, 12:10*
The China Mobile device (4G FDD-Band 3/7), installed CGM11, started experimenting with SIM settings - it is impossible to select LTE mode on the first SIM, it is forced to use “only GSM”, on the second LTE it works without problems. How to overcome this problem? (I tried 3 devices - everywhere the same bug).

Even when I try to change the network type in CGM11 through the engineering menu * # * # 4636 # * # * - it’s still GSM only. On all SIM cards.

I solved the problem by editing system / built.prop, replaced all the values ​​of 2014811 with 2014813,
replaced the string telephony.lteOnCDMADevice = 1 with telephony.lteOnGSMDevice = 1
after this line added ro.telephony.default_network = 9
ro.riley.default.preferred.network = 9

Then you must be sure to reboot with clearing the cache in recovery.

As a result, I got the type of GSM / WCDMA / LTE network for the first SIM card

I rebooted the phone like this ten times - I poked randomly in the prope of value, according to Murphy's law the last worked :)

Take advantage of the health of the right Redmi 2 - HM2014813

Rep: (433)
Otg solution for CM:https: //play.google.co...u.chainfire.stickmount- I did not work
Earned with this program:https: //play.google.co...s? id = net.shajul.usbotg- search for the flash drive on the path / storage / usbotgdrivers

Post has been editedivmulder - 05.03.15, 22:14

Rep: (0)
Also set CM11 - the response and the amount of free OP after the native MIUI is impressive.
The problem with the camera and the SD card was solved by installing the SD fix kitkat, after rebooting it saves on the SD card.
In general, I do not plan to return to MIUI yet :(

Rep: (49)
I purchased a Redmi2 HM2014813 phone in Moscow with preinstalled CM11 firmware from HM2014811, with a replaced modem for the China Mobile version, so that LTE works.
Probably, the store, without having a Russified MIUI6 under HM2014813, sews Cyanogenmod11 for Russification and the Russian 4G.
LTE from Megaphone and MTS verifiedly work on this firmware, it reports about itself as HM2014811.
Of the bugs, so far I noticed an unwillingness to save photos in the camera to a memory card (there is a patch, I did not install it) and the LED work was not fixed (I could overlook), but in MIUI6 everything is there.

Link to this assembly -cm-11-20150116-UNOFFICIAL-hm2014811.zip

Gapps -https://yadi.sk/d/3iL9J3uBf4EVW

Worked onMokeeandPACMANROM

Attached Image

Release from03.03.2015
  • deleted all china
  • fixed the three-button headset
  • returned the record in 1080p
  • added the ability to write to SD (no need to put the program for fix anymore)
  • added to user applications Titanium Backup
  • added OTG-Helper to user applications
DownloadMokee

DownloadPacmanro

Release from10.03.2015
  • activated SWAP section
DownloadMokee

Post has been editedivmulder - 12.03.15, 16:16

Rep: (1437)
M
ivmulder appointed curator of the topic.

Color OS 2.0
Nimble and very beautiful firmware.
Tongue:Only English and Chinese.
Bugs:The camera flies out, the sound in the muses sticks. player.
Conclusion:If the Chinese finish, then a very worthy competitor to MIUI.
Download

FIUI 2.8.0
Tongue:Russian, Ukrainian inclusive
Bugs:does not see SIM cards, did not understand
Download

Lewa 5.0
Tongue:Russian, Ukrainian inclusive
Bugs:the sound sticks to the music. player, a lot of under-translation in the form of Chinese characters, even in the English interface
Download

All firmware, as far as possible, was cleared of pre-installed Chinese trash.

Post has been editedivmulder - 12.03.15, 13:52

Rep: (537)
Updated MoKee on 03/15/15
Updated PACMANROM on 03/13/15
Both firmware for 2014811

Mirrors:
MoKee from 03/15/15 -Google drive / MEGA
PACMANROM from 03/13/15 -Google drive / MEGA

Post has been editedvadim4ever - 18.03.15, 00:41

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 11/11/20, 10:25