> Attention!

Creating topics in this section is not available. If you haven't found a discussion of your problem in this section, you can create a topic inmain section.

Lack of 2G-3G-LTE switch after iOS 8.1.x update | [Soft] [Cellular]

Rep: (63)
No 2G-3G-LTE switch after iOS 8.1.x update

Apple iPhone 5S
Firmware: iOS 8.1

Jailbreak : Not
Description of the problem:
After the release of iOS 8.1, many users of 5S, 6, 6plus faced the problem of the lack of long-awaited switches of network modes.

There have been actions:
There were a lot of discussions on this score, we came to the conclusion that the problem lies in the operator’s settings (Settings - Cellular Communications - Cellular Data Network).

An active discussion of this problem is conducted on the office of the eplahereandhere

A big request to lay out screenshots of settings fromSettings - Cellular Communications - Cellular Data Network Those who have a network switch and who do not have it.
you are welcomesign the version of the device, the version of the operator (Settings - Basic - About this device - the Operator), the PRL version (tap on the operator line) and the region.

Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedT0ugh - 27.01.15, 00:53

Rep: (5)
PezhikR1 @ 10/22/2014, 9:57 PM*
which region? operator version? iphone model? ))

Region St. Petersburg, model A1457.
3kcnepm @ 10/22/2014, 10:26 PM*
Does body 2 have 4G ???

Tele 2 has no 4G!
Attached Image

I have an assumption that this switch appears when the sim settings do not support 4g, in this case the phone offers a forced connection type setting at the user's choice.

Rep: (0)
iPhone 6, megaphone operator, Yaroslavl region. - no toggle switches. Put the sim card MTS ... voila cherished toggle switches appeared. I went to Megafon's office, I wanted to replace my sim card with a sim card without 4g support, they said that there are no such people and the operator forcibly distributes new sim cards. So the problem is 100% in the operator.

Rep: (1)
Iphone 5c A1532, operator Megafon, Volgograd region, version of operator MegaFon 18.0 / PRL 62121 - there are no switches.

Post has been editedsundex - 23.10.14, 15:50

Rep: (3)
iPhone 5s A1457, MTS 18.0 PRL 1, Moscow Region, SIM with 4g, no switches (

Zdv13 @ 10/23/2014, 1:06 PM*
iPhone 6, megaphone operator, Yaroslavl region. - no toggle switches. Put the sim card MTS ... voila cherished toggle switches appeared. I went to Megafon's office, I wanted to replace my sim card with a sim card without 4g support, they said that there are no such people and the operator forcibly distributes new sim cards. So the problem is 100% in the operator.

Not everyone on the MTS has switches.

walker99 @ 10/23/2014, 8:47 PM*
Not everyone on the MTS has switches.

The problem is unequivocally in the operator, several messages earlier A.R.S. (My thoughts on the topic: iPhone 6 PLUS (5.5 ") - Discussion (Post # 35154085)) suggested the presence of switches, the presence or absence of switches from the same operator may depend on the region of the cellular network, the version of the sim card (USIM (usim stands for 4G or LTE) or just SIM).

today I bought a SIM card Tele2, replaced the switches in the phone, WITHOUT any resetting of settings, flashing and other manipulations (the Tele2 does not have LTE coverage, it hardly catches 3G in our region), which again confirms A.R.S.Apple’s list of supported operatorsTele2 opsos are not listed.

Post has been editedpezhikR1 - 23.10.14, 21:02

Rep: (20)
MTS Bashkortostan, was sewed by air, switches in place

Rep: (14)
Updated and tried. On MTS UKR there are switches, I shove the sim card on the beeline, the switches disappear. Based on this, I think that it depends on the operator.

Rep: (11)
I have flashed my phone through iTunes. Tele2 Voronezh
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Rep: (37)
Megaphone Caucasus, was sewed through DFU, there is no switch that on sims with 4G, that without! I use patch!

Do you think the people here are writing about the shortcomings and identified problems on the 8 axis out of the air? I personally have been using the Apple technique relatively recently, and I heard from many about the stability and indestructibility of the Apple technology and bought my phone based on considerations and confidence in this, I will not draw parallels with the android. I got used to the crooked interface of the tuna, which is absolutely unadapted in the intuitive plan! because there is no special choice, I agree there are pluses, but there is something to compare with!
So the problem of pop-up after the updates - this is a fact and not a few! What to expect from a firmware update? Increase stability? add functions? remedy the shortcomings of previous firmware? you read the previous pages, even this thread! And we have created new reviews, and the same articles whether it is all so chic and perfect in the new firmware. because the firmware is stamped as a conveyor belt, not so long ago got 7.1.2 and then almost immediately have 8.1, who have their normal run-in, identify problems and correct the condition? Manufacturer identify problems in the firmware, scratch his head and goes to punch a new, whether it is 8.1.1 or 9.0, but does not matter, and the fact that prohibit Rollbacking Osei or forcibly urge users to update it certainly disgusting.
Again IMHO!
please do not throw stones :)

useful info from Storozhila1806
A1533 (American), iOS7.0.6, operator Megaphone, flew network settings update (LTE), foolishly set, appeared unnecessary LTE switch, and the choice of 2G or 2G / 3G was gone, trouble ...
How to remove the LTE update without the Jail: (for the instruction THANKS to Grinders)
make a complete copy in tuna (I did it) or in aiklaud
do reset "content and settings", second line from the top
there will be an apple with an indicator, then the phone will turn off, we immediately pull out the sim card, the phone turns on, select the Russian language, enter the password for the wifi, activate, ask to insert the sim card, insert, wait, geolocation, select recovery, select the tuna and connect it to the computer and reboot, then in the tuna or in the phone offers to set the network settings, refuse ...
use the Internet 2G or 2G / 3G

we readhere

Post has been editedpezhikR1 - 24.10.14, 10:41

Rep: (3)
useful info from Storozhila 1806
A1533 (American), iOS7.0.6, operator Megaphone, flew network settings update (LTE), foolishly set, appeared unnecessary LTE switch, and the choice of 2G or 2G / 3G was gone, trouble ...
How to remove the LTE update without the Jail: (for the instruction THANKS to Grinders)
make a complete copy in tuna (I did it) or in aiklaud
do reset "content and settings", second line from the top
there will be an apple with an indicator, then the phone will turn off, we immediately pull out the sim card, the phone turns on, select the Russian language, enter the password for the wifi, activate, ask to insert the sim card, insert, wait, geolocation, select recovery, select the tuna and connect it to the computer and reboot, then in the tuna or in the phone offers to set the network settings, refuse ...
use the Internet 2G or 2G / 3G

I tried, only through icloud I recovered, nothing happened.
So it could be done on ios7

Post has been editedJerome astero - 25.10.14, 02:11

iPhone 5s A1530 iOS 8.1 Megaphone Caucasus
Switching menu 2G \ 3G \ LTE no.
Called in support of the applet - they fell on the operator - they say that he should update the settings.
In support of the operator - incompetence in this matter.

Rep: (4)
Megaphone St. Petersburg replied:
"Our Company provides subscribers with access to the LTE network provided that the SIM card and equipment support this function. In Apple’s equipment, it is not possible to select a specific type of network. We recommend contacting the manufacturer of the equipment to clarify the information."
In short, some garbage written.

Post has been editedPashtet23 - 25.10.14, 14:22

It's all about the operator, put the sims of the big three there is no switch. Put a switch appeared Rostelecom. iPhone 5S A1457.

Well, now everything is clear
http: //support.apple.c...ale=en_US&locale=en_US

Apparently I can not see on the MTS switches. LTE support already exists (

Post has been edited3kcnepm - 25.10.14, 19:47

Rep: (4)
So Yota has LTE and there are switches ...

So Yota has LTE and there are switches

So there is still debugging.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 26/07/20, 9:01