iPad Air 2 (2014) - Discussion | Diagonal 9.7 / Apple A8X / 2GB

Rep: (468)
iPad Air 2 (2014) - Discussion
Discussion пїЅ | Description | Purchase | Accessories | Marriage | First aid | FAQ | News and rumors

Attached Image

Theme is created to discuss the work device - tell impressions of the use and sharing of experience in owning the data plate. All operating system problem or the device itself are discussed in other topics - information about this read below.

Questions that can not ask / discuss the topic.
1. Problems of device activation (Discussion there: I can not activate, requires Apple ID ).
2. Roll back firmware (Details are provided in the topic: Instructions for rollback (downgrade) ).
3. Power unit (Discussion there: IPad battery life ).
4. The need to update the firmware and the choice of its function / problems .
5. Jailbreak (Jailbreak) and everything associated with it .
6. Comparison and selection device (Discussion there: Selection and Comparison ).
7. Third-party issues related to the programs, operating system, iTunes, network components (Where the questions are asked: iOS - First Aid ).
8. Search for any program (Search programs out there: Search for iOS software ).
9. benchmark results (Discussion there: Synthetic test results ).
10. Problems with repaired devices "Refurbished" (Discussion there: Apple Marriage and Repair).
11. Questions about the device repair (Discussion there: iPad Repair ).
Such messages will be deleted without warning!

In the subject are Resource rulessavagemessiahzine.comand Rules section "New"
Before posting photos, read the topic"Working with Images on the forum".

Characteristics and specifications:
4G / LTE network
iPad Air 2 works in 4G / LTE networks in the territory of the Russian Federation for all operators, in those places where there is LTE coverage.

Learn more about LTE here:http://apple.com/ipad/LTE
Reviews
The whole truth about the battery
Since the topic is often asked questions about how to properly charge the tablet, it was decided to make a special spoiler, under which reliable, official information will be collected:
  • Lithium-ion batteries have a high specific capacity, which provides a longer operating time with less weight. In addition, lithium-ion batteries can be recharged at any time, without waiting for them to fully discharge or recharge.
  • Most lithium-ion batteries are first charged to 80% in fast mode, and then go to compensation charging mode. For example, you will need about two hours to charge the iPad to 80%, and then two more hours to charge the battery to the end - provided that you do not use the device during recharging. Lithium-ion batteries can be charged a large number of times, but this number is not infinite. It is called the number of recharging cycles. It is understood that you must use the charge to the end, but to charge the battery is optional to one reception. Suppose you used the iPad for several hours during the day. You used half the battery, and then charged it to the end. If the next day you do the same, one cycle of recharging will be turned out, and not two, that is, one cycle can leave for several days. After each recharge cycle, the battery capacity slightly decreases slightly, but you can not worry: there will be a lot of recharging cycles before the battery capacity in your laptop, iPod or iPad will drop to 80% of the source.
  • Lithium-ion batteries require constant maximum loads. If you do not use the device too often, spend at least one full charge cycle once a month.
A source: http://www.apple.com/ru/batteries/
FAQ
- Are bugs and marriage related to the iPad's country of origin?
- Not.

- I want to make a jailbreak. Where can I read how to do it?
пїЅ [FAQ] Guide to instructions for jailbreaking

- What is Siri and how to use it?
пїЅ Siri - FAQ

- The first time I got an Apple device, what should I do?
пїЅ Novice path

- Where to create an Apple ID?
пїЅ Apple Site Guide

- I want to learn more about my operating system on the device
пїЅ iOS 8.xx. - discussion

- I need to reflash my iPhone
пїЅ Help and troubleshooting firmwareorHelp and problem solving for flashing

- Where can I download the latest official firmware?
пїЅ Official firmware for iPhone / iPod / iPad

- I want to flash the device, but do I need a jailbreak?
пїЅ Semi-Restore for iOS 5.0-8.1

- Where can I find information about covers, films?
пїЅ iPad 3 / iPad 4 / iPad Air - Accessories

- How to distinguish a defective device from a non-defective one?
пїЅ Apple devices - marriage / differences.

- Where can I find out about Apple’s internal utilities?
пїЅ Apple Internal Utilities

- My battery is running out, where can I turn?
пїЅ IPad battery lifeortips on how to increase battery life in iOS 7

- I need to choose the optimal amount of iPad memory. Where should I go?
пїЅ Optimum iPad Memory Size

- I want to install applications for free, how to do it?
- You can specify several topics where to apply:
The last topic requires a jailbreak procedure.

- Where can I find out about promotions in the App Store?
пїЅ Promotions on the App Store

- I need a little help with the device
пїЅ iPad - Help

- I have problems with iTunes ...
пїЅ iTunes - Help

- I forgot my password on my iPhone, where should I go?
- If you and your iPad carried out the Jailbreak procedure, here:[FAQ] If you put a password on your iPhone / iPad / iPod touch and forgot it. If not - reflash the device.

- I want to know the current firmware, where should I turn?
пїЅ Device Firmware FAQ

- Unable to activate the device, you must enter your Apple ID
пїЅ I can not activate, requires apple ID

- I need to save a digital certificate (SHSH Blobs) for my device
пїЅ Saving SHSH for all iDevays

Post has been editedMadfile - 16.09.20, 07:11
Reason for editing: a cap on the rules of Section Apple

Rep: (3)
Here are pictures, the new truth is still in the film.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Post has been editedSergey_Ace - 24.10.14, 22:12
Reason for editing: Under spoiler

Rep: (468)
M
The topic is open for discussion.

Rep: (41)
Questions to dear* magarbl4, :
How is the screen?
Are there any color / yellowness?
Are there any highlights?
How does the new screen react to the strong pressure on it compared to the iPad 3, do you have a feeling that the 3 glass is stronger?
Is it easy to erase prints from glass?
The sound quality of the external speaker is the volume of the bass in comparison with the iPad 3.
Heated in games and at maximum light when surfing.
Please test better battery.
Full charge time.

Because I am the owner of the iPad 3, tormented by the question of whether or not to take Air 2.

Rep: (204)
* iukrop,
while the first owner responds, I will express my opinion, - to change unconditionally. The third ipad was the most unsuccessful for the entire line, rather braking, heavy and thick. Obviously, you should change it for a long time, and Air 2 will be an excellent choice.

Post has been editedSnake Potapych - 25.10.14, 01:10

Rep: (32)
The third ipad can be thrown away for a long time))) but if you use it and you like it, then there are no problems
I had it and even then I was annoyed long ago. And he braked a little, and warmed himself if in the summer there was also sunshine and heat around. Plus it weighs like a brick. This is all in comparison with the first air became clear.
But all people are different. Who knows what is important in your iPad and how ready you are to buy a new one. Here everyone decides for himself

Post has been editedcs53 - 25.10.14, 02:40

Rep: (0)
Has handwriting become any better? Compared air1

Post has been editedTempll - 25.10.14, 09:34

For a start, I have not quite figured out how to respond directly to someone.
About the screen: some yellow spots or covenants were not found. I am not a gourmet with regard to color reproduction and pixels, but being in the past the owner of the third ipad, I can see that the image seems to be sharper and clearer.
Generally impressions after the third positive. Somehow fastest flies chtoli, there is a better touch. Some chips I did not notice, because they are in the phone. What I do not like is the thickness and its harness. My daughter often drops ipads, and for this model I worry. Glass thin. When you put on the inside, a light deflection of the body from the inside is felt, simultaneously with glass. To strong pressing the screen reacts with a pixel overflow, but for a long time I did not experiment ;-)
The sound in comparison with the three and four is completely different. Louder and louder. But making a sound to the full, he noticed a kind of slight tinkling in the case, due to the low frequencies. It seems to me too loud.
Heats about as well as the three in a silicone case. At the same time, keep in mind that there is no cover yet. I do not play games, I am guided by a video from YouTube.
How to test the battery? The first night stood on the charge. While writing this message went 2%.

My IMHO about the third model. When I bought it, then there was nothing to choose from, there was nothing better. Although he is heavy as a brick, but it is durable and has a stable body. As for the battery, he satisfied me in full. Then my wife acquired a fourth model. And what do you think? Troyak performed the same operations for an order faster (the absence of retina affects). So I had a positive experience from Trojak. The lack of it is that since IOS 7 began to slow down. Although it worked stable, which you can't tell about the departing applications in the four. I changed it as I gave it to my mother for Skype ETS, but I absolutely do not regret.
So change is not to change the case is purely personal, go to the store to look, and then decide.

Rep: (117)
the third was just the first with the retina

The trojan performed the same operations an order of magnitude faster (the lack of retina).

At 3, the retina has already appeared. That in the second was still 1024/768.
As a result, 4 was also a retina and more powerful than 2%. So it’s strange that you had 3 faster

Rep: (66)
I have the third and the first mini, this mini analogue is the second for iron. I read a lot that the second is faster than the third due to low resolution. As for me, this is all crap, the third is getting faster and smoother. And most importantly, the departures from the games are much smaller. Obviously affects the memory. In general, the third normal product is better than many people write about it. So I also thought about the second air, but to replace the mini. Confuses 8 axis).

the third was just the first with the retina

Yes,? And I kind of noticed the difference between them. Well, okay, all the same, there is no troyak anymore. But even my wife noticed a difference in performance. Maybe the fourth curve.

Rep: (45)
* magarbl4,
Huge request, do the so-called safari test)))
In Safari, open 8 tabs with "heavy" sites and try switching from one tab to another in turn.
Will the tabs reboot when switching?

Very interested in whether there is a bookspine (blackout on the entire left side) and yellow tint (yellow shade at the top left)?
Are there any hangings?

I am the owner of the first Air, all of the above disadvantages are present ... They refused to change the mvideo, I hope to sell and buy Air 2.

Post has been editedSTRELOK2014 - 25.10.14, 13:02

Rep: (5)
The Serpent Potapych @ 10.25.2014, 05:10*
The third ipad was the most unsuccessful for the entire line, rather braking, heavy and thick

I have been using this device for 2 years already. Everything works smoothly and steadily on new firmware, I did not even notice problems with games. Therefore, in vain you are so.
Although the new Ayr looks quite interesting.

Rep: (30)
Huge request, do the so-called safari test)))
In Safari, open 8 tabs with "heavy" sites and try switching from one tab to another in turn.
Will the tabs reboot when switching?

I will answer. Just opened 8 bookmarks. All dovno heavy. When switching, do not overload. Jo this was the first Air. Overloaded there. All the same, 2 gig frame do their job

Rep: (28)
* Ray Adams,
Compared with the first air, what do you say? Is it worth changing ??

Rep: (4)
Test him who is the thread in Antutu chtol.

Rep: (117)
review on hi tech mail
Air 1 and 2 comparisons

After looking at the review, I believe that there are no fundamental differences between the Air and Air 2, so I will take the first Air.

Rep: (1)
IPad Air 2 Review (M-Network.ru)
Samples of photos from the main camera, test run time, the results of Geekbench, Basemark X, 3DMark and SunSpider are attached.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 15.01.21, 19:53