PC Cases | Discussion, selection, comparison.

Rep: (1979)
PC cases

Attached Image

Attention!

What you need to choose the case
The case is the part of the PC that is always in sight. You need to start choosing from the definition of their taste preferences for appearance and size.

Next you need to determine the contents of the case:
  • Motherboard and its form factor
  • Video card length
  • Model and height of the cooler for the processor (model and dimensions of the LSS)
  • Number of expansion bays
  • Power supply model, its size (if not standard), length of wires
  • Various decorative elements and additional options - lighting, side windows, noise insulation filters from dust, etc.
  • Purchase budget, place of purchase

In case of need assistance in choosing the case -provide as much detail as possible with the above information. . Do not write " Help me choose a good body "- without knowing the full configuration of your PC and your taste preferences, you can not advise anything.
Useful links:
Topics on the choice of components

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedKOT-BE3DEXOD - 03.06.18, 15:23

Rep: (3019)
Here is a huge number of tested cases:www.techpowerup.com
By the way. List of enclosures that come with adequate complete power supplies. They are, in most cases, worse than retail versions of blocks, but in the case of a tightly limited budget, they can fit and serve regularly

Asus vento - FSP PNR \ FSP Qdion \ Asus
Cooler master (except 241 and 250 series) - Cooler Master Elite (based on FSP)
Chieftec - Chieftec iArena
Inwin - InWin Or Power Rebel (the filling is identical)
Foxconn - Foxconn (renamed FSP PNR), FSP PNR
Foxline - Foxline (Renamed Q-dion)
FSP - FSP Q-Dion
Thermaltake - Thermaltake LT Series
Aerocool - Aerocool VP Series
Golden field - GoldenField
Zalman - Zalman LX or LE series
Xigmatek - Xigmatek NRP Series

Rep: (31)
Silverstone forgot

Rep: (1)
Asus norms, steel is good, there is practically no burr, price is a brand.
Previously, InVin-s were cool and stuffing and slide, retractable carriage, etc., is now a good case for budget / office PC.
Foxconi is expensive for its quality, steel / steel thickness, cheap plastic, claims for a class above the average, but no, it’s just ordinary buildings, not counting the design.
Fermalteyk is practically the same as Fokskoni, a little bit better steel / assembly quality and more expensive.
Zalmans really liked the price / quality ratio, in terms of reasonableness in the assembly is also not bad.

The rest of Chinese China, like chiftek, aerokul, cooler master and tydy and typy, do not differ practically from each other - these are cases for cheap office machines.
Everything is of course subjective, I do not pretend to the truth in the first instance, there is some experience in assembling a PC.

Rep: (55)
Hello) I toil with a choice Copus instead Zalman Z9 +, among mid-tower that there is nothing I can not pick up, thought to take a full tover (CM Storm Trooper or CM HAF X), but I do not overclocker system and the SVO too, no, I'm afraid full-tover will only be a waste of money ... choose the housing need advice, including full or mid-tover. Preferences are: the presence of dust filters and easy cleaning (in Zalman necessary to literally tear off the front panel to clean the filter and filter BP generally not), normal perforation for cooling BP (and not half-blinds in Zalman), presence yusb 3.0 thick metal is not less than 0.8mm, do not want to imagine flimsy housing that will last for one assembly, easy mounting for Hardy (Hardy would be no more than 4, and it is hardly likely-3), decent cable management (the wires can be hidden behind the rear wall ), availability under vetilyatory 120 or 140 mm (on the side of the cover is not necessary), and of attractive appearance (not just a box on legs). Budget 200-250y.e (can be a bit more if the body is very good). What are my options more or less combine all of these suggestions?
PS I feel that I wrote an opus about the ideal case: blush: do not judge strictly, I just want to get the most justified case for the above amount, as the choice of the case didn’t come up very responsibly, as a result, there were many flaws in Zalman Z9 that significantly hinder .

system configuration
Intel Core i7 3770 + Cooler Master 212X
Gigabyte GA-Z77-HD3
8GB Kingston DDR3-1333
MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr 2GB
Asus xonar d1
WD Black 2TB
Chieftec GPM-750C (I think to change to Corsair RM650)

Post has been editedFrigater - 02.12.14, 22:05

Rep: (482)
attractive appearance (not just a box with legs)
Here, as they say, the taste and color ...
And so - I would suggest to consider the Define R series from Fractal Design, in particularR4or his successorR5(although it is not possible to find him yet during the day with fire). It seems like they fit all requirements except appearance.Although I personally like this black monolith

Muskrat_33 @ 12/03/2014, 12:24*
Although I personally like this black monolith

But unfortunately for me, they don’t like them; it looks like a faceless office building + gloomy: (
Is there no point in taking a full tover for my config? What do you think about CM Cosmos SE?

Post has been editedFrigater - 03.12.14, 13:08

Rep: (482)
Frigater @ 12/03/2014, 12:46*
Is there no point in taking a full tover for my config?
Under the config - no. Is that from the "interior" preferences - for example, it is more convenient on the floor.
reminds faceless office case + gloomy
This is yes, but nevertheless it differs quite noticeably from office cuts. Plus, there are titanium and white (really white, not "office equipment") options. Yes, and not "vacuuming" case rarely indulge catchy design.

Added by
What do you think about CM Cosmos SE
It seems normal. I did not notice any obvious flaws.

Post has been editedMuskrat_33 - 03.12.14, 13:22

Muskrat_33 @ 12/03/2014, 13:10*
It seems normal

Only the cost is too high and the reviews about it are contradictory, but the look and stuffing will be better than my Zalman (Zalman is certainly a good company, but after digging in the reviews I realized that they stamped the same bodies, but with different plastic body kits, it is sad). I'll look at the reviews and maybe take it ...

In the review of Cosmos SE on an overclocker, this is what I read. "It is worth noting that due to the offset of the cutout for the processor socket in the pan, an incompatibility with some motherboards may occur (on the bench board the mounting cross of the cooler turned out to be right next to it)." . fee or not
Here is a photo from the review there the plate barely breaks

Post has been editedFrigater - 03.12.14, 20:00

Rep: (6)
Hello, under the configuration:

- ga z97x gaming 5
- GeForce gtx 970
- i5 4690k + zalman cnps10x performa
- crucial 4gb 1600mhz cl8 * 2
- corsair cx600

I need to choose a case. I chose the Zalman Z9 Plus. But I was advised to take the Z11 instead, although I didn’t find other differences besides the look. What would you advise? Maybe even the case of another brand to take?

ps:http: //shop.bakinity.b...php? cat = comp & id = cases

Zalman Z9 Plus

There is no 3.0 on the front panel, if z12 / z12 plus is critical, in my opinion the design is not very z11 (well, everyone has different tastes here), here is a reviewZalman Z12
Maybe even the case of another brand to take?

Zalman z9 + itself, I can say that the zalman corps are good in this price category, but of course there are corps and better, but more expensive ... I have no experience here (I haven’t come across corps of other companies), maybe someone else will give advice.
By the way, I forgot about the most important thing: the video card is up to 290mm in these zalman cases!, And the percent cooler is up to 160mm high! You did not specify from which company your VC (asus, msi, etc.), the length can be different. The video card from Gigabyte does not fit, it has a length of more than 300 mm

Post has been editedFrigater - 09.01.15, 13:06

PC cases

\\\ Picture \\\

Attention!
  • In this thread, selectbody for computer
  • Modding (decoration, styling) of the case is discussed in the topic.Modding your computer case
  • All other components and assemblies in the respective topics

What you need to choose the case
The case is the part of the PC that is always in sight. You need to start choosing from the definition of their taste preferences for appearance and size.

Next you need to determine the contents of the case:
  • Motherboard and its form factor
  • Video card length
  • Model and height of the cooler for the processor (model and dimensions of the LSS)
  • Number of expansion bays
  • The model of the power supply, its size (if not standard), the length of the wires
  • Various decorative elements and additional options - lighting, side windows, noise insulation filters from dust, etc.
  • Purchase budget, place of purchase

In case of need assistance in choosing the case -provide as much detail as possible with the above information. . Do not write " Help me choose a good body "- without knowing the full configuration of your PC and your taste preferences, you can not advise anything.
Useful links:
Topics on the choice of components

Post has been editedWSonic - 02.12.17, 15:08

* WSonic,
: Yes2: Up to 29, and the user never unsubscribed what his VC, for example, will not enter from Gigabyte.

Frigater @ 01/09/2015, 12:08*
from Gigabyte, for example, will not enter.

This is what he wished for:Assembling a gaming PC (Post # 37093229)

* WSonic,
I hope he read about the length of the VC. Why does a gigabyte always produce such huge cards (even gtx 760) with three fans, and with the case of the trouble and the noise is probably wild ...

Post has been editedFrigater - 09.01.15, 13:27

Rep: (12)
I would also like to change the case, I thought a full tover differs only in size, but should it also go under the config? I would also like something like* Frigater , but come down and like a box view)
I can’t even say which company, I don’t like the front panel, which is difficult to remove to reach the dust of the front valve. Yes, and fragile, albeit iron. And I also wanted to find out at the same time, I saw the bp connector in the bottom of the case located, so it should be? Why did they shove him there?))

Posted 09/01/2015 13:32:

* Frigater In my case I got into the gth770 straight on the nose, I was afraid, I bought without thinking about the case ((

By the way, I forgot about the most important thing: the video card is up to 290mm in these zalman cases!, And the percent cooler is up to 160mm high! You did not specify from which company your VC (asus, msi, etc.), the length can be different. The video card from Gigabyte does not fit, it has a length of more than 300 mm

Up to 29, and the user never unsubscribed what his VC, from Gigabyte, for example, will not enter.

WSonic @ 01/09/2015, 14:04*
Z9 \ 11 has limitations on long video cards. Seem to 28cm.

Gained, thank you. Indeed, apparently worth looking towards the full tower ... here I am powerless ... what to choose?

tunechi192 @ 01/09/2015, 13:32*
bp connector is located below, so it should be? Why did they shove him there?))

Uh, connector, I think you meant that the power supply below? This is normal, because the power supply takes the cold air from under the body and throws it out, that is, it cools itself, rather than pumping hot air through the body, as in the upper position of the power supply unit, but then it is better not to put it on the dusty floor It is good if the holes in the bottom of the case are protected by a filter, then less dust will get into the power supply unit.
Indeed, it is probably worth looking towards the full tower.

Hmm, now, due to price increases, it will probably be a little expensive ... I don’t know if it is justified to take a full tov for your config (they are usually taken for a large number of hard drives, if there are several VCs, overclocking + water cooling, so that all of this fits) + for a full set and a place it is necessary more ...
P.S. I thought I would also change my zalman to full (there are more filters and wires better laid, etc.), but it all came down to the budget and I decided to leave a good zalman for a couple of years.

Post has been editedFrigater - 09.01.15, 13:57

Frigater @ 01/09/2015, 15:03*
Hmm, now, due to price increases, it will probably be a little expensive ... I don’t know if it is justifiable to take a full tover for your config (they are usually taken for a large number of hard drives, if there are several VC + water cooling so that everything fits) + for a full more room and space needed ...

Ready to overpay if:
- there will be more free space inside the case and this will have a positive effect on cooling.
- the video card will fit freely into the case.

ps: if not fulltower, then what from the middle to take, so as not to worry about the video card?

Post has been editedneftchi - 09.01.15, 14:13

- there will be more free space inside the case and this will have a positive effect on cooling.
- the video card will fit freely into the case.

In any normal full-tower package, this is done :) At the cooler master:haf x (he is still worth it, unlike cosmos II)I did not find it in the catalog ...
I understand buy only here:http://shop.bakinity.biz(choose from the proposed range)?
You can see here such a Cooler Master Storm Trooper (like it’s in the catalog), max. length VK 322mm, review hereCM Storm
P.S I don’t know much about full-featured, I can’t recommend any particularly good model: blush:

Post has been editedFrigater - 09.01.15, 14:44

* Frigater
Frigater @ 01/09/2015, 15:12*
I understand buy only here:http://shop.bakinity.biz(choose from the proposed range)?

Yes, everything will be bought here except for the motherboard, processor and video card, which I will order from abroad.

You can see the following Cooler Master Storm Trooper (it looks like it’s in the catalog)

I did not find it in the catalog, but I will look and look at other outlets.

P.S I don’t know much about full-featured, I can’t recommend any particularly good model

Let it be middle, but so that there are no problems with installing a video card .. Indeed, I never thought that I would get into a dead end in this matter)

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 13/07/20, 17:43