> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

MP3 Audiobook Player | [IPhone] [dev] Listen to audiobooks in MP3 format without converting

Rep: (65)
MP3 Audiobook Player
Version: 1.123
Catalog: Multimedia

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Short description:
Compact player for listening to audiobooks in MP3 format without the need to convert.

Description:
MP3 Audiobook Player - the easiest and most convenient way to listen to audio books in formats MP3, M4B, M4A, OGG, AWB, FLAC, OPUS, MP4 on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad!

*** The application does not contain audiobooks! It plays your audio files. ***

The main purpose of this app - make listening to audio books in MP3, M4B, M4A, OGG, AWB, FLAC, OPUS, MP4 as simple and convenient!
There are many websites on the Internet where you can download audiobooks on a variety of topics read by both professional actors and enthusiasts. Most of these audiobooks are distributed in the form of a folder with many MP3 files or an archive with such a folder. And it is for listening to such books, without converting, that this application is intended.
I, the author of the application, constantly listen to audiobooks myself and tried to put everything necessary for the Audiobook MP3 to make this process easy and convenient.

• No ads. No hidden features for extra money.
• Plays MP3, M4B, M4A, OGG, AWB, FLAC, OPUS, MP4 audio books.
• Adjustable playback speed (from 0.5x to 3.0x).
• Volume booster (for silent books).
• For a cover, a picture from a folder with a book or a picture from a playing file is used.
• Automatically stores audiobook playback positions.
• Ability to control through CarPlay
• Go to any file (chapter).
• Headset remote control.
• Playback control from the Control Center and Lock Screen.
• Sleep timer with the ability to set different periods of time or until the end of the chapter.
• Add / remove books via iTunes and over WiFi from a computer

System requirements:
- iPhone 4s or newer;
- iPad 2 or newer;
- iOS 8.0 or later

The application is distributed in two versions:
1) Paid, without restrictions and advertising: https://itunes.apple.com/app/mp3-audiobook-player/id889580711

2) Free with a limit on the length of the book you are listening to (12 hours) and advertising. Both of these restrictions can be disabled through in-app purchases. https://itunes.apple.com/app/mp3-audiobook-player-free/id891797540

Application site: http://mp3audiobookplayer.com/

How to support the project
If you like the program and you are waiting for its improvements, a big request if possible, tell other people about it, take a screenshot of the application and share it in social networks. Write a small review of youtube or on other sites - forums. Leave your review in the AppStore. The larger the community we have, the better the program!

Past versions

Post has been editedBiOM - 16.04.20, 20:33

Rep: (245)
* BiOM,
This is obvious, because other applications are spinning.
When you start an iPhone program on the iPad, it stretches to the full screen and each time you have to press the x1 button to reduce it to its natural size. Is there any size setting when starting on the iPad?

Rep: (0)
* BiOM,

If the player works when the screen is on and not in the background, then the next file goes without problems.
If the application is removed to the background, even when the screen is on, while when it is off, it reaches the end of the file in the book folder and stops.
At the same time, an impression is created when a program is forcibly loaded, to go to the next file, that it is being reloaded and not at all from the background (a long process).
This happens on any headsets - wired, bluetooth, as well as without any headsets at all - on ALL books and ALL devices (firmware 8.1 on all).
It was not me who sent you the book :-) - but the essence does not change.
We'll have to go to SpeedUp again.
Hope to fix it.

Post has been editedSenseyspb - 06.11.14, 18:50

* ivan1999,
And here is the answer to your question - the cause of problems with the coup: the application runs on the iPad in iPhone emulation mode. Adaptation of the application to work on the iPad is almost finished, it remains to solve a few more minor problems. Full iPad support will be in the next versions.

* Senseyspb
Trying to deal with the problem with stops. Unfortunately, it does not appear on any device, and I have to figure it out theoretically. There is a suggestion that you connect to the beta testing of the next version even before its publication. For this I need to know your email with which you are registered in iTunes. I will add your account to the testers list and you can get a test version from the applet before it is published. If you agree write me an email in the PM on the forum.

Rep: (0)
* BiOM,

Posted in private.
It is strange of course - but due to the reviews here and on the apstor - the problem is not only mine.

Rep: (1)
I decided to support the author, bought a pro-version in the upstate. Nice interface, convenient control, good sound. But all these advantages are fighting with inability, or rather, inconstancy in remembering the place of a stop. It just pisses me off ... But a regular player does all this perfectly well: plays MP3s and remembers a stop. IPhon 4, iOS 7.1.2, jail, version of the program - 1.11. I wish the author patience in finalizing the product.

Post has been editedredeggs - 10.11.14, 22:11

Today a new version of MP3 Audiobook Player has been released.
Request to all who have had various problems with playing audiobooks - update and write down, please, about the results of the check.
I tried to correct several places where there were problems: stopping playback in the background, incorrect memorization of the last playback position, switching to the chapters on the buttons on the screen.

Post has been editedBiOM - 18.11.14, 11:28

Rep: (719)
In the new version, when playing in the background, the transition to the next file (chapter) works.

Post has been editedale-scryabin - 18.11.14, 10:37

The updated program works stably, after a pause, plays from the right place and when controlling from the headset (audio books in MP3). To the author - a bow for the work done!

Rep: (2)
I liked it, I bought it. From the wishes, if it is possible to organize the display of folders. For example, I listen to magazines that are published every month, and I want to have a library for a long period. Suppose folder 2014 has 12 subfolders and a book in each

Rep: (3)
Oh, there was a good man. I bought the player right away, and there were already a few desires:

1. Is it possible to additionally parse M4B chapters? Well, that is, that the transition / timer to the end of the chapter did not go to the end of the file, namely to the end of the chapter. It is clear that this is different from MP3 / M3U, but suddenly ...
2. Can I import audiobooks from iTunes? Usually they roll like * .m4b to /<user>/iTunes_Control/Music/F??/*.m4b. In principle, the rest of the MP3 music is also there, but I don’t know the subtleties, just help. At least Audible could load files from there.
3. Regarding the control / rewind. I know from experience that these +/- 15 (30..60) seconds all cause a different feeling. There is a type of controller that you just need to twist your finger left and right. He is accurate, and everyone is happy. Previously, on the VCR mounting such were. I drew the idea (I'm sorry, not a designer) - maybe you will like it.
4. Is it possible to remove the volume smoothly to zero 5-10 seconds before the timer runs out?
5. Is it possible to make the timer extend for a while (for example, specified by the user) when the phone is shaken? Like - no, I'm still awake, give X minutes to listen.

I hope that the ideas are sound. Thank.

Attached images
Attached Image

Yes, under point 3. of the previous message. You can do the opposite - the buttons on the outer circumference, and the twist itself inside. So it will look more like a real jogger like this:

Attached images
Attached Image

Thanks again to the author for a decent product. Well, you know that now "workers' requests" for "improvement" will be poured over. I wish you to be persistent and patient. Now the product is simple and functional, sharpened exactly under what is in its name. Do not turn it into a heavy and bulky "media combine" with joggers, joysticks, etc. That it was not scary to be updated. Sincerely.

* redeggs
I am aware of the requests :) Therefore, I carefully consider each proposal before implementing it. I myself do not like megacombeins, so I had to write my player - all other applications of this kind did not work for various reasons, including due to congestion.

By the way, the current version is already able to import files from other applications, adding to the lower action menu for MP3 files;).
The function has not yet been tested properly, so I did not add it to the description of the application.

About megacombine speech is not. Just if you at least once used the wheel to rewind the audio track (especially audiobooks), then yawing with the slider through the millimeter to find the right place, and even more furious poking at +15 seconds, you will simply be beaten. The easiest audiobook solution is the wheel. It does not increase the number of visual elements, especially since it can be hidden in the add. opportunities, how to hide the current sub bar.

Rep: (245)
For example, the wheel hates the developer for me (apples love wheels ... but the arrows to the right and left and the same arrows with a cross stick are no less disgusting, every time you think it is rewinding or moving to the end of the file). Optimally, these are 4 square buttons, numbers are written inside, they can be assigned in the settings. -1min -15s +15 + 1min are optimal for me

New version sent to Apstor. In addition to small fixes, a large-size book cover was added (when taping on a small cover in the upper part of the player), as well as resetting the timer to the initial state when shaking (the idea* stpark )
Expected publication date - December 20-22, 2014.

Post has been editedBiOM - 15.12.14, 14:42

Rep: (5)
Bought a program. Thanks to the developer.
I noticed that unfortunately not all m4b or m4a files are recognized. This is how it should be. The description seems to support stated.
I would like to completely abandon the built-in player and sync with Itunts.

Post has been editedrater2 - 15.12.14, 15:25

* rater2,
The application can play M4B without DRM protection. If you are sure that your book in M4B or M4B does not have DRM, but the application does not understand it anyway - write me to the email. I will sort this out.

Rep: (5)
* BiOM,

I rozobrlsya what was the matter.
Just m4b The file was marked as music. I opened it in iTunes (Get Info) and selected "Audiobook". Again copied to the folder and then the program saw the file.
In general, this could be fixed. After all, if we place the files in the program folder, then it should not care how the files are marked.

And one more wish.
Is it possible to somehow optimize the rewind? Files come in different lengths. Sometimes the whole book is in one file. It is very difficult to achieve more or less accurate rewinding with a small slider. First of all, due to the fact that during the movement of the slider, the sound time does not change dynamically, but only after the slider has already been moved. (Besides, the finger closes the time counter).
A single scroll interval is 15 seconds. Also not always suitable.

Post has been editedrater2 - 18.12.14, 16:45

I suggested two ideas above - a wheel and break M4B into chapters (if you are talking about M4B books in one file). The wheel is not like everyone, but with the latter, it seems that there are some difficulties. MP3 in the bottom file into chapters to break IMHO in any way, except through the add. M3U playlist with #EXTVLCOPT: start-time = / stop-time =. But no one does this for MP3 audiobooks.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 22/07/20, 11:16