Tiny Core Linux | [linuxos] Minimalistic GNU / Linux distribution

Rep: (365)
Tinny core linux

Attached Image
Tiny Core Linux is a very small GNU / Linux distribution whose goal is to provide a basic system using BusyBox, FLTK, and other lightweight software. The size of the distribution is about 10 megabytes, installed in text mode. It can be either launched as a Live CD or installed on a hard drive.
Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
System requirements
The absolute minimum RAM required for downloads is 46 megabytes. will not be able to boot with less memory, no matter how many terabytes of swap you have at your disposal.
Microcore runs on 28 megabytes of RAM.
The smallest processor to run is the i486DX (486 with a math coprocessor).

Recommended Minimum Configuration:
Pentium 2 or better, 128 megabytes of RAM + a little swap partition
Differences
Differences:
Core: only command line and basic utilities. Recommended for advanced users only.
TinyCore: Core version with X / GUI extensions. Recommended for new users with a wired network connection.
CorePlus: the most complete version of the distribution recommended for users with a wireless network connection and a non-US keyboard layout (which suits us)
Download
Interesting

Post has been editedottiwell - 18.09.14, 21:13

Rep: (365)
* fooooooooo
What specifically? In general, they should be suitable in the form of ordinary nuclear modules. This is Linux :)

Rep: (0)
But how to put it on a flash drive?

Rep: (25)
And where are the sources? : rolleyes: For a long time I want to make my distribution from another.

I installed this miracle on an old bucket, but during installation it hung onformatting and there were still 4 some letters, I didn’t remember (I installed it for a long time). I left it to be installed at night, but it didn’t go any further, didn’t I write the image correctly or what?

put this system on the terminal, the parameters of its 128 MB RAM and percent VIA 533 Mhz or so. I tried to install different versions of LINUX, it turned out that only an old or highly castrated LINUX like Tiny Core is suitable for these processes.
As a result, he did what, downloaded the Tiny Core Plus distribution, downloaded Rufus, which he marked out the USB flash drive and automatically made bootable.
Now I boot the flash drive in Live CD mode

P.S. Here there are many interesting things in comments on this system.
https://pingvinus.ru/d...bution/tiny-core-linux

Rep: (422)
Uginboff @ 04/30/19, 10:10 PM*
put this system on the terminal
you can put a terminal in the system, and not vice versa.
Uginboff @ 04/30/19, 10:10 PM*
I tried to install different versions of LINUX, it turned out that only an old or highly neutered LINUX like Tiny Core
tcl is a Linux kernel distribution. Linux is the kernel, not the OS.

Rep: (14)
I'm trying to download a subject from a USB flash drive with FAT16.
The ISO image is screwed through grub4dos. I do not have a sidirome on the laptop.
So far, only the base console is loaded. To download GUI, you need to tell the loader where the ISO image is. I tried the boot option iso == / mnt / sdc1 / ISO / coreplus.iso - I get invalid device specified. It is logical, because FAT16.
I do in the console
mount / mnt / sdc1
ls / mnt / sdc1 / ISO
I see my heart.
I do
sudo mount -t iso9660 -o loop /mnt/sdc1/ISO/coreplus.iso / mnt / cdrom
No error messages. But
ls / mnt / cdrom shows a blank screen.
What have I done wrong?

What have I done wrong?

Repeated again - it turned out. Everything is mounted, I see / boot and / cde.
Now we need to make tce-ab look for files in / mnt / cdrom / cde.
How?

But it would be better if the ISO image is picked up by the system at boot time.
How to do this - I have not yet found.

Rep: (7)
Decided to try this system, I went to the official website, but in addition to "core" set of Linux distributions, I saw there ports to other architectures - explain who know what: "x86 Pure 64" (different from x86_64) and a pair of "DCORE x86 "/" dCore x86_64 "(that is" dCore "in the context of the system)?

Guys like this make a bootable USB flash drive OS ??????
Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

Rep: (1157)
Loky1012 @ 20.04.20, 20:04*
both on the OS to make bootable USB flash drive

1. Extract iso image
2. Save iso to the stick the UltraISO
Recording method usn-hdd + and formatted

Post has been editedarvseslav - 20.04.20, 21:37

Does anyone know of an adequate forum for a discussion of this system (and then there is no answer) - who can faced, where enthusiasts of this system sit.

Rep: (98)
* Dip_Spb, http: //forum.tinycorel...php/topic,14396.0.html

http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/

Post has been editedLagman - 25.04.20, 15:39

Rep: (1)
Houses worth faylopomoyki five terabytes at Tiny Core. Run smb (samba3), ftp (bftpd), ssh (openssh) - Server. In addition, all crypto TrueCrypt. Eat off 46mB after downloading. Screen Htop attached.

Without servers generally fit in 20Mb. Boot from a flash drive in the RAM-disk and no longer refers to the flash drive - only by force, to save the settings and change. On a flash drive takes 50 mB.

The ideal system for NAS. Given the fact that analogues 10 times voracious.

Attached Image

Anticipating questions. Orthodox method of installation on a flash drive:
1. Download image TSPlus (biggest)
2. Download and install Oracle VBox
3. Boot from TSPlus image in Oracle VBox, selecting the initial menu at startup "+ installation options"
4. After loading, among others, will TC_install icon. Well, after all it is written will. Though small, even micro. With Guem without Gui, a swap, swap and without tdi etc.

PYSY about TrueCrypt - hell dancing with a tambourine, it is better not to go unless absolutely necessary
PYSY2http://tinycorelinux.info.tm/?article=0

Post has been editedanry70 - 19.05.20, 13:01

anry70 @ 19.05.20, 12:09*
Boot from TSPlus image in Oracle VBox, selecting the initial menu at startup "+ installation options"

Sorry for the stupid question, but I did not understand what and where you are placed. Oracle VBox you perform the role? Temporary environment for testing the installation?
How do you set up so that "Boot from a flash drive in the RAM-disk and no longer refers to a flash drive"- please write in detail, how to get such a mode of operation - I want to repeat your experience.

Rep: (1)
Dip_Spb @ 19.05.20, 18:03*
Oracle VBox you perform the role? Temporary environment for testing the installation?

Absolutely. Theoretically, it is possible to cut and load the ISO computer with him, you can make a bootable USB flash drive counterparts, and Rufus and boot from it, and then loaded from an installed system to another flash drive. But I am quite cost VBox.

Dip_Spb @ 19.05.20, 18:03*
How do you set up so that the "ship with the stick in the RAM-disk and more to the flash drive does not go" - please write in detail, how to get such a mode of operation - I want to repeat your experience.

TC is designed so natively. As with all Live-CD, is shorter. You can boot from the Live-CD in Ubuntu and doustanovit a bunch of stuff in the RAM-disk, but before you reboot. All changes take place and are made on the RAM-disk. If you do not maintain the special funds, the changes at restart is lost. At TS have special arrangements for the conservation of such changes on the stick, but by force. The Hue-reminder utility even when turned off there. Even by default itself saves all changes (configs, doustanovlenny software, etc.), and re-boot their loads in addition. Gui is done without force command sudo filetool.sh -b

I looked at myself now. I have a system takes up 10MB on Flehite, and all the extra stored body kit, which is loaded after the system has 50 MB (well, there is only the samba at 30MB, and with all dependencies 40)

Post has been editedanry70 - 19.05.20, 17:48

anry70 @ 19.05.20, 12:09*

At the moment the domain tinycorelinux.info.tm forgot to pay, and the site is no longer available. No one wants to seize for their project about tinycorelinux? :-)

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 19/08/20, 2:52