> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Samsung SM-G850 Galaxy Alpha - Discussion | Smartphone, 4.7 "

Rep: (120)
DiscussionSamsung SM-G850 Galaxy Alpha
PictureSamsung SM-G850 Galaxy Alpha
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Custom firmware пїЅ
  • Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.
Reviews
Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedMgalex - 27.02.17, 22:11
Reason for editing: If the fingerprint scanner stops working

Rep: (1)
but for stupid n..v (= local experts in smartphones with the topic “Choice and Comparison”) it will always be “12 megapixels”, although it’s obvious that she does everything in Soniev’s 20MP, and on equal footing in detail with Lumievskaya and c5, while winning them in color rendering

Rep: (656)
OverviewAlpha andvideo.

Post has been editedThe crown - 21.08.14, 20:26

Rep: (0)
Zubnik @ 08.21.2014, 16:34*
sorry the color "silver" we do not seem to be

How will not be? Where does infa come from?

Rep: (656)
And maybe it will, in any case, the liaison has silver in pre-order.

Rep: (2168)
There are a number of contradictions between the reviews of Murtazin and the Arena - Murtazin says that the camera is average and gives examples, Arena says that the camera is smart, Murtazin - the battery is comparable to C5 - the Arena test shows a difference of exactly the same 30% about which alpha battery is less . This is from a large

* KoT,
He and his reviewers are full of paid up boobs, not only are the reviews about nothing, so they still drop the devices about nothing and constantly write nonsense
even by comparing it
http: //www.mobile-revi.../photo/s5/alpha-09.jpg
http: //www.mobile-revi...pha/photo/s5/s5-09.jpg
c5 has pinkishness, oversaturation (in other comparisons), and even the granularity is slightly worse
But millions of people will listen to him, he moves the market in Russia

Post has been editedsuops - 22.08.14, 07:51

Everywhere the device is scolded, and I will praise. 4.7 '' is the perfect screen for me. Now I have S2, I have been looking for a replacement for a long time, because the camera is already outdated, 1 GB of memory is not enough, etc. I do not see alternatives to Alpha.

About the battery - it is more than on S2 (after two years of use I have been working for a day and a half on custom firmware) and the iPhone 5s, and comparisons with "shovels" are not appropriate here.

I think that such a battery will be enough for the device, because:
- here the processor is made according to the new process technology 20nm, and this is a very significant improvement (they say about 25% efficiency)
- screen 4.7, not 5.2-5.7, it will consume less battery
- Resolution 1280x720, which is exactly 4 times lower than the newfangled QHD (why the hell FHD and QHD in 4.7 '' screen?)

About the fact that the device for TP does not agree, a really powerful and compact smartphone, I have been waiting for this for a very long time. Mini versions of the flagships of all companies, except Sony, until that moment were obscure pieces of plastic with outdated iron. Here are the memory cards in vain they removed.

I have a question about optical image stabilization in the camera. Maybe someone saw serious reviews, which clearly states that there is OIS in the device? About Note 4 everywhere clearly indicate the OIS in the camera, and about Alpha not a word. Suggests that the camera without OIS. : unsure: So far, only in one place do they write about OIS:here. At PhoneArena, they first wrote that there is OIS, now they are writing about DIS ...

* Allality
the device is better than c5, only idiots scold
better display color
better camera color
probably better sound
metal
better processor
better design
it remains only to learn about the PWM and ois

Suops @ 08/22/2014, 10:51*
He and his reviewers full of paid-up boobs

I don’t know anything about the cost of the reviews, but comparing the cameras in OnePlus One and LG G3 just killed. It is immediately obvious that objectivity does not smell there. They wrote that in the LG G3 the camera is noticeably better.

In fact, who does not know, the LG G3 has an old camera, exactly the same as that used in the LG G2. Model Sony IMX-135.

OnePlus One uses a new-generation Sony IMX-214 camera.

Sony engineers themselves admit that the camera is far ahead, heretheir comparison. If you believe the review on the Mobile Review, it turns out that the old camera is noticeably better than the new one. : wacko:

Post has been editedAllality - 22.08.14, 11:50

Rep: (360)
Allality @ 08/22/2014, 09:29*
About the battery - it is more than on S2 (after two years of use, it works for me for a day and a half on custom firmware)

Funny comparison. Still, it would not have been anymore, given that the difference between the screens is half an inch, the resolution of this screen is higher, and there are only two cores in C2. And just for such iron, Alpha has a tiny battery, even taking into account its technical process. At least at 2200-2300Mach it would be possible to shorten the battery. And with the iPhone even more delusional comparison.

GloomAngel @ 08/22/2014, 16:15*
Still, it wouldn’t be anymore, given that the difference between the screens is half an inch, the resolution of this screen is higher, and there are only two cores in C2

Those. when everything is compared with S5 and G3 - is this normal (5.1`` and 5.5 '')? I compared with S2, because I myself have one and I know how much it really works on battery power. In S2, the processor is already implemented according to 45nm process technology (for modern models 28nm, and Alpha is the first swallow with 20nm). The manufacturing process has a very noticeable effect on performance, power consumption and temperature, but marketers don’t blow it, it’s much more profitable to shout about huge battery capacities, QHD displays, megahertz and megapixels.

Let's compare with a closer model - S3.The screen and resolution are the same, the processor is made using 32nm technology There are practically no energy-saving features. The battery capacity is 2100 mAh, i.e. the difference with Alpha is only 240 mAh. Theoretically, with the same use, Alpha will hold the charge longer, because the technical process is much more modern, there are a bunch of energy-saving features: iron and software.

It turns out that everyone bought S3 in their own way and did not blather, and here in all the news, forums, reviews and comments they unfairly attacked Alpha's battery capacity.

PS: I’m not saying that the 1860 battery is cool, I’m saying that this is enough for most people and when compared with other smartphones, given the nuances, the battery does not lose.

Allality @ 08/22/2014, 3:17 PM*
Let's compare with a closer model - S3. The screen and resolution are the same, the processor is made using 32nm technology, there are practically no energy-saving features. The battery capacity is 2100 mAh, i.e. the difference with Alpha is only 240 mAh. Theoretically, with the same use, Alpha will hold the charge longer, because the technical process is much more modern, there are a bunch of energy-saving features: iron and software

Stress Battery Test from GSM Arena:

Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - Overall Rating50h - Conversation: 10: 15h - Internet Browsing: 6: 27h - Video playback: 9: 27h
Samsung Galaxy Alfa - Overall Rating52h - Conversation: 13: 20h - Internet Browsing: 8:25 h - Video playback: 8:05 h

For some reason, the video failed at alpha, the rest is decently higher

Well, for example:
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Overall Rating72h - Conversation: 9:20 h - Internet Browsing: 9:36 h - Video playback: 11:05 h

Post has been editedKot - 22.08.14, 14:34

I'll put in my five cents why I'm interested in alpha)
For example, I don’t need a shovel>5 "(I have a tablet)
I don’t need FullHD on the smartphone screen,marketers kill yourself up wall
i need a modern fast compact smartphone
If you look around you can buy now
- Sony Z1 Compact- everyone is good, except for one - he{Censorship} fat, well, I don’t like the way he lies in his hand
- Huawei Ascend P6S- close in parameters, the frame is also metal, thin, but .. why the heck did they make the lower part of this shape ?! so that the angle rests in the palm of your hand?
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha- compact enough, thin, fast .. we'll see
M
Check outForum Rules!
4.9. It is forbidden to use obscene language, both explicit and hidden, including special characters.

Post has been editedSergey_Ace - 22.08.14, 22:12

KoT @ 08.22.2014, 17:28*
For some reason, the video failed at alpha, the rest is decently higher

Thanks for the proof. :)

* KoT,
IMHO the battery is really weak. I and s5 is not enough, but this one is even more modest. And in the days of s3, they used the Internet less :)

Rep: (81)
Samsung Galaxy Alpha Android Smartphone Metal Frame Production Process

Rep: (40)
Something I thought about buying the Alpha course price is too high at the start. The battery is not yet clear how to behave, but according to preliminary tests like anything. The camera of course worse c5, but I think it is not critical. Murtazin said much worse than the C5, in other reviews seem to say not much worse. It is a pity there is no infra red port and USB drive, but with Google's new policy of the stick has less sense, for me it is 32 enough for my needs. I could of course and the back cover is made of metal, but it is not bad that something do. But the main plus for me - it's the size of the phone, took himself c5, but with one hand is not convenient to use, and it is an important condition for me, although in general c5 good, except for some points which not very good look at the flagship for such costs.

Here I’m still thinking about pre-ordering the first 50 customers, who are promised a Galaxy Gear, is it realistic to get it?)

Post has been editedVitcool - 24.08.14, 18:39

* Vitcool,
By pre-order they must give a cover, andGear Fit promise to givefirst 50 customers in only 4 stores

* Vitcool,

Come to the shops that participate and in the morning organize a live queue to be like an Apple fan, for sure you will be among the first 50

Vitcool @ 08.24.2014, 18:38*
amera certainly worse in c5

You have thrown comparisons on top.
The camera in alpha is better. Murtazin is simply a paid up ubyara.
Throw me a comparison where alpha is worse.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 02/08/20, 17:23