Google Chromecast [Other] | [TV Box] [Marvell 88DE3005]

Rep: (869)
DiscussionGoogle chromecast
Attached ImageGoogle chromecast
Discussion пїЅ | Chromecast for Android пїЅ | Chromecast for iOS пїЅ | Google Chromecast II 2015 пїЅ | Google Chromecast Audio 2015 пїЅ | Google Assistant пїЅ

Attached Image
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.
  • The topic may discuss problems 2/3 version of Chromecast in connection with the uniformity of solutions

Device description
Chromecast allows you to easily view Internet videos and any sites on the TV screen. Connect it to any HD-TV and control via smartphone or tablet or a regular PC. No consoles are needed. Broadcast your favorite videos from Google Play, YouTube, Netflix and the Chrome browser to the TV screen with one click.
Read moreChromecast Help
Specifications
  • Device type media player
  • Control
    1. from smartphone
      • Android 5.0 or later
      • iOS 9.1 and later
    2. from computer
      • Windows 7 and later with Chrome browser
      • Mac OS X 10.9 and later, with Chrome browser
      • Chrome OS

• Output HDMI, supports CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) protocol
  • entrance Micro USB Type-B - to power the device
  • RAM Size 515 MB
  • Flash Memory Size 16384 MB
  • Network Wi-Fi 802.11b / g / n (connection via 802.11n at 2.4 GHz)
  • Nutrition USB (cable and power adapter included)
  • Cooling passive
  • Power Supply external (possibly powered by the usb port of the TV)
  • Format support
    • File formats : MKV, AVI, WMV, MOV
    • Codecs: H.264, VC1
    • Audio files: FLAC, APE
    • Graphic files: JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG

• Features iPhone support
  • Support online service Netflix, YouTube, Hulu Plus, Google Play Movies and Music, Chrome and more.
A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Useful
Some of the programs with Chromecast support.
I ask you to pay attention, here are the tools, how to broadcast through these programs on Chromecast readhere Picture
Accessories
Reviews
FAQ
  1. When power is on, Chromecast consumes traffic, regardless of whether you use it or not!
  2. you are in Crimea - there is no solution, try VPN, etc. (Detailed description of attempts to make Google Chromecast work in Crimea)
  3. enable DHCP
  4. check N support in wifi 802.11n (in the absence of networks and connectivity)
  5. change the HDMI connector (if the screen is empty)
  6. change the USB connector or plug into the USB connector from the outlet (in the case of self-disconnection if there is a shortage of power or if it is empty)
  7. turn on the TV channel corresponding to the HDMI connector in the menu (in the case of "stuck, and on the screen ANYTHING")
  8. disable "hide SSID" on the router (if the network is not found)
  9. add HK to the white list of blocking MAC addresses (check if this blocking is worth it, if the networks are not found)
  10. try changing the wifi channel on the router
  11. when manipulating with the router, it is recommended to reboot the latter
  12. if you can't detect HC in the Chrome browser -Kaspersky
  13. change encryption on the router
Appearance chromecast all generations.
Topics Curatorvolkodav1975
on top up caps
write to
QMS

Post has been editedvolkodav1975 - 17.05.20, 14:29

Rep: (309)
He is interested in 2 questions: is it possible to play an image on a TV using the tablet (transfer-play on a TV) as Miracast or AllShare functions or will it display content that is only for Google, such as Meilra, Google Film? And will the films be transferred from the players (MX player, BS player, Dace player) to the TV? Is there an exact answer from google?

Post has been editedapatitych - 29.07.13, 23:53

Rep: (309)
So far, only the ability to broadcast from Chrome and from YouTube.

Yes, to this day it is unfortunately so, here I got hold of an article, it says herehttp://www.engadget.com/2013/07/29/google-chromecast-review/

Rep: (121)
Sent. I managed to buy before sorting out.
I didn’t like the fact that Youtube support on iOS is implemented much worse than in Android. In fact, you can only specify the video and manage it until you exit the page. On Android, you can see the status of what is playing, even if launched from another device.
Mirroring tabs in Google works with a delay of about half a second. For static content is good.
Google music is only streaming from the server, local files are not allowed.
You can throw some files on your computer and will directly play.

While there are no other uses ...

Google seems to have gone the way of the epl and will only allow authorized applications. Ito do not understand when.

Post has been editedTMC - 15.08.13, 22:55

Rep: (0)
TMC @ 08/15/2013, 11:53 PM*
Sent. I managed to buy before sorting out.

Actually, I want to ask, I saw several themes with the software for chromecast. I wonder - did he learn to make a full mirror from the screen or not? And, if not, is such a function expected? I just really want to run games from my mobile. For the price, the device is more attractive than its counterparts, and as I understand it, you can expect better quality than the Chinese dongles.

By the way, someone asked if it was possible to buy in Russia - on the Yandex Market there is one store that offers a device for 3999 p. Neshily margin. Given the cost, Apple TV looks more attractive. Russia....

Post has been editedCyberbob - 28.03.14, 12:14
Reason for editing: overclocking

Actually, I want to ask, I saw several themes with the software for chromecast. I wonder - did he learn to make a full mirror from the screen or not? And, if not, is such a function expected? I just really want to run games from my mobile. For the price, the device is more attractive than its counterparts, and as I understand it, you can expect better quality than the Chinese dongles.

Not. Peace of the iPhone / Odroid is impossible.

You can restrict the PC screen to a limited extent. But there is a delay - especially not pogama.

Unobvious at first feature - you can, say, go to Google Music or, there, Vkontaktik, paste the tab and listen to music. And the video is possible, but it is twitching ...

Post has been editedTMC - 19.08.13, 20:00

Rep: (142)
Video from VC can I watch? Is there upnp / dlna?

Rep: (0)
Ordered Chromecast in late July at GP. Shipped after 3 weeks.
I bought to watch online movies on TV.
Test results in Russia. TV LV 60 plasma.
Android devices are now out of stock therefore not checked
Iphone and Ipad - could not start. To work, you need to put the application from the AppStore for the device, but in the Russian store it is not. I tried to get an account in an American store, but the Russian bank card failed. Therefore, on my devices, the epl did not go.
Win7 on Lenovo R500
It started only when working under the administrator. He does not want to work under the guest (usual) entrance.
Youtube shows well without brakes with good resolution (approximately 700 lines)
Work in browser Chrome. There are 2 modes - 1) view the page (browser tab) or 2) show all that is on the computer screen.
It is about 1 second late. The image is twitching.
1 mode. There is a sound, an image (jerks), but when you stretch the entire screen, then the black screen and only the sound. I tried to watch photos through a slide show on dpreview - it shows the first 3-4 pictures and then stops changing them, although they change on the screen of the laptop. Watching TV on video from the desktop is not very convenient. In this mode, when broadcasting video on TV, you can work in other browser tabs - they are not visible on TV - only on the laptop.
2 mode. The image is, twitches. No sound.
In general, in chrome while it works poorly. We are waiting for updates and bug fixes.
Can someone tell me how to run on Apple?

AlmazG @ 09/01/2013, 16:01*
1 mode. There is a sound, an image (jerks), but when you stretch the entire screen, then the black screen and only the sound. I tried to watch photos through a slide show on dpreview - it shows the first 3-4 pictures and then stops changing them, although they change on the screen of the laptop. Watching TV on video from the desktop is not very convenient. In this mode, when broadcasting video on TV, you can work in other browser tabs - they are not visible on TV - only on the laptop.

Maybe the computer is weak? I even have a video on the entire screen from the tab, though not very smoothly, but not jerky. In general, watching this video is a perversion. It is assumed that soon all popular sites will add direct streaming to chromecast (like youtube).

AlmazG @ 09/01/2013, 16:01*
Can someone tell me how to run on Apple?

And what is there to run? Customization program? So you do not need it anymore.
Youtube on the iPhone / iPad normally sends to the tuned chromecast.
Mirroring browsers is not supported for the time being not on an iPhone, not on an Android.

Rep: (8)
I understand this is the type of wireless HDMI, and if you start the games (Asphalt 7 for example), will you be able to play?

Rep: (50)
I ordered, for 2 with something t. P., Promised to bring in 2 weeks. Our Internet shops, which are already overstocked, are almost selling for 4 tyrs, bespredelschiki! Here you have $ 35. Maybe it was cheaper if everything was officially sold. And even the APK-pack in the Playa and that for Russia is not available for some strange reason.
Frank Shameless @ 09/19/2013, 10:35*
I understand this is the type of wireless HDMI, and if you start the games (Asphalt 7 for example), will you be able to play?

No, it will not work, as I understand it, the whistle receives and transmits videos from Tube, Netflix, Google Play movies, Google Play Music music and also web pages and Google Chrome browser on a computer to TV. I correctly understand the functionality of this thing?

Post has been editedJIaMep - 24.09.13, 21:40

Rep: (45)
No, it will not work, as I understand it, the whistle receives and transmits videos from Tube, Netflix, Google Play movies, Google Play Music music and also web pages and Google Chrome browser on a computer to TV. I correctly understand the functionality of this thing?

That's right, just forgot to mention sharing with the browser from any computer where there is a google chrome. Very convenient to view pictures. This thing also has an API, so developers can build support into their programs (for example, it would be convenient in XBMC). And the device takes only the stream link from the device, then it works on its own, on the device the application can be closed. Theoretically, you can raise the streaming server to the Internet and give the stream to the chromecast.
I bought myself in the states for $ 35, so the toad is not choking. The device is actually airplay for all devices, on any platform (I'm not sure about Linux).
I do not have a projector, but I suspect that it is possible to insert a chromecast into it and show presentations from Google Doc or from any program supporting this device (they are not there yet, but I think they will). It is inconvenient that there is no own console and built-in applications, so that you can control it directly, bypassing third-party devices.
In general, the chromecast has the right to life, the question is what requirements you make to it and what tasks you take. Home theater on XBMC is definitely not a substitute, but as an additional device it is more useful than apple TV (I turn it on very rarely because it is almost useless).

I take as the TV I do without it Smart TV, to stick all sorts of players and other set-top box / tablet to Tube on the big screen, for example, look at the same time occupying a socket, picking directly onto the cable away from the TV to the tablet or another remote control in the player, is not always convenient. And this thing can be powered by USB on my TV (on some TVs, power is supplied to this connector only when power is playing with USB, with your check, for as long as vkloyuchen will not be a problem with it), controlled from the device. One could, for example, some MiniPC, but there, too, FL, USB power can not be missed, and the need to manage additional remote or Claudia. Here's the solution seems to me simpler, less cumbersome and, in general, meet the objectives which I want from her. Plus, the view of the browsers and potentially, from other applications. It is a pity that Russia is not officially on sale and now, perhaps, it is unlikely there will be. I think a certain demand still would.

Post has been editedJIaMep - 26.09.13, 13:19

Rep: (1)
One I'm trying in vain to adjust the sound from the mobile? Or is it somehow somehow possible to forget about the TV remote?

I assume that this is not exactly DLNA and the volume controls are not accessible from the device, although ... maybe program glitches.

Rep: (11)
If you adjust the sound on the phone / tablet, then the volume changes on chromecast

Rep: (1)
If you adjust the sound on the phone / tablet, then the volume changes on chromecast

This only works when the YouTube application is displayed on the screen, but we already have a Chromecast "at the other end", so we would like the Music buttons to do their job even with the phone locked. Well, or that the lock screen works, because you can pause there.

Post has been editedjdoe2 - 26.09.13, 08:06

Rep: (11)
jdoe2 @ 09.26.2013, 9:05*
This only works when the YouTube application is displayed on the screen, but we already have a Chromecast "at the other end", so we would like the Music buttons to do their job even with the phone locked. Well, or that the lock screen works, because you can pause there.

Will add over time, I think

Rep: (9)
I read about chromecast and can not understand what is unique?

Buy a Chinese android flash drive in the TV and get more functionality.
what's the catch?

Rep: (45)
udg @ 09/27/2013, 15:19*
Buy a Chinese android flash drive in the TV and get more functionality.
what's the catch?

The joke is that you can stream content from any device. I wanted photos to show on TV or something else, so show.

Rep: (70)
MyHomeGadget @ 09/28/2013, 00:15*
I wanted photos to show on TV or something else, so show.

How, if not a secret?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 13/07/20, 16:52