> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

Catalog of Android programs

Surespot | Secure open source instant messenger

Rep: (157)
Surespot
version: 81

Last update of the program in the header:28.06.2020

Attached Image

Screenshots
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Short description:
Secure text messaging, photos and voice notes for up to 10 seconds under Android and iOS

Description:
Surespot encrypted messenger - Open Source messaging program with an emphasis on security. There are currently versions for Android and iOS.

Key features:

* surespot is not tied to your phone number or email
* sending voice messages if hands are busy and inconvenient to type
* you can use multiple accounts on one device
* free (it’s about basic functionality, the ability to send voice messages costs about 60 rubles in in-app purchase), no ads, 100% open source
* your account can be transferred to another device and used on several
* uses 256 bit AES-GCM encryption using keys generated from 521 bit ECDH *, which means that only the sender and the receiver can decrypt surespot messages.
* deleting messages deletes them from the recipient.

New in version 58:
- Now you can save the password in the secure keystore Android. Surespot will login automatically when using this feature.
- Aliases of friends - assign any name by long tap to the name of a friend on the home screen.

Android required: 4.0.3+
Russian interface: Unknown

Developer: 2fours
Homepage: https://www.surespot.me
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twofours.surespot

Download:
Version: 81 GP (ferhad.necef)
version: 72 Surespot (Post kshes # 59765249)

Past versions
version: 58 Attached filesurespot_58.apk (6.49 MB)

Attached filesurespot_49.apk(6.43 MB)

Post has been editediMiKED - 28.06.20, 06:22
Reason for edit: Update: A new version of GP 81

The program has appeared not so long ago, but it has been developing quite intensively lately. At least with the release of the iOS version, it is already possible to use it fully.
It has already promised the functionality of group messages, assigning pseudonyms to contacts and transferring their avatars between devices with one account, more user settings, etc.
Over time, they wanted to create a desktop client.

Rep: (27)
your account can be transferred to another device

Those. not P2P, everything is stored on the server don’t know who. There are no server sources, the internal paranoid says "what for?", "The better Whatsapp". After all, in fact the same thing, there is no guarantee of privacy.
Something recently fashion went to do "safe" messengers

mPolr @ 2.3.2014, 1:38*
Those. not P2P, everything is stored on the server don’t know who. There are no server sources, the internal paranoid says "what for?", "The better Whatsapp". After all, in fact the same thing, there is no guarantee of privacy.

In fact, the server source is also in the githaba, and you can raise your own.
And about the stored - without it, do not make a normal offline mode, the emphasis on the fact that the private key is not sent to the server, it is just you. So the correspondence can only be decrypted at the end points. And yes, this opensource salt is all verifiable and accessible for security auditing, which is the guarantee.
P.S. On servers, messages are stored only until received by the recipient, if I'm not mistaken.

And this is not the same as whatsapp, the closest analogue is textsecure from whispersystems, the rest of the current is not open-source, and therefore is not verifiable.

Posted on 03/02/2014 09:43:

MPolr @ 03/02/2014, 01:38*

But this is generally excellent, thanks to Snowden and the NSA for public paranoia. I have not seen such progress in this area over the past three years, I hope this will come into use in the majority, as the norm.

Posted on 03/02/2014 09:47:

By the waygood link- comparison of current mobile cross-platform secure instant messengers

Rep: (27)
Hmm, I got excited. It looks really interesting when viewed in detail. Put, I will test.

Rep: (0)
Russian language just NECESSARY! And Textsecure someone lay out

Rep: (43)
I liked the program, I sit on it while the bleep is finished.

Rep: (25)
Good evening. Is there a message delivery confirmation in this program? I did not find (

Rep: (47)
Put the messenger - everything suits from the functionality. Just one question:
How to make him remember the password for the entrance to the program? Requests to enter each time. In order not to do this - asks to set a PIN code or password on the lock screen. I put - remembers, and everything is ok. But unlocking the screen every time is not very convenient.
Is there a way, all the same, to make the program remember the pass, but without the code on the lock screen?
I read the help in the program - there is no it.

Rep: (409)
vooddyy @ 04/11/2015, 17:57*
I read the help in the program - there is no it.

I suspect that it is impossible. Or pick the source itself apk

Post has been editedelenakawai - 16.04.15, 19:37

Rep: (24)
Splin-pda @ 03/02/2014 09:47*
And this is not the same as whatsapp, the closest analogue is textsecure from whispersystems, the rest of the current is not open-source, and therefore is not verifiable.

complete crap, when you register requires a number, and therefore not better vatsapa and the like.
In addition, open-source should be collected and work, and to send a confirmation message to the phone you need to register on special services and tie it all to your prog, so I doubt full openness. Sometimes a really working software is different from what is declared as its source, especially if the authors are engaged in the assembly only. The expectation is that the fact that there are sources will cause trust, and no one will particularly understand them themselves.

But sureshot Russify would be nice ...

Post has been editedformobe120 - 10.10.15, 22:20

Rep: (47)
formobe120 @ 10.10.2015, 19:19*
complete crap, when you register requires a number, and therefore not better vatsapa and the like.

With a fig? It is on a pile of devices. I have not asked once.

vooddyy @ 10/11/2015, 18:48*
With a fig? It is on a pile of devices. I have not asked once.

no idea with a fig, just as a fact. Apparently, this is Mr. but designed for the viber public, and that says it all. After installing textsecure displays a form with a phone number. If you click "skip", then he will send only the usual paid SMS, and if you try to turn on push messages in the menu, the form with the number input will pop up again. And until the phone is known and confirmed on their server, it is impossible to correspond on the Internet.
If someone doesn’t ask for a number, I can only sympathize - obviously, the number has been registered for a long time: D Confirmation is not required because it has already been burned a long time ago, either directly in the program during the first installation, or through Google mechanisms.
But I don’t understand the point of putting information-protecting programs on phones with Google Markets and api, which have full access to everything. Or talk about the reliability and security of the messenger who burned their numbers. This is just not serious.

Further more. Well, I pressed the "skip" registration, I thought for the test at least write something. And FIG, it does not have the ability to make contacts inside. It as the last Vibert uses an exceptionally system notebook. That is, or all your contacts merge them and then you use them, or you can not have any contact at all. No matter how I tried to add at least someone, nothing happened. TextSecure principle does not know how to create interlocutors if it is forbidden access to the system phone book.

In short, a textsecure is mega-free, never an analogue or alternative to surespot, which can easily make its own contacts outside the system’s notebook and allows correspondence via the Internet without any registrations. Threema - yes, a good replacement, but it is paid and closed, and textsecure is nothing at all, a miserable kind of vibera and other fake handicrafts that don’t even take on Skype.

Post has been editedformobe120 - 21.10.15, 15:43

Rep: (3)
Surespot does not solve the problems of anonymity, within the gsm and Internet networks, because as all the transmitted traffic is signed using SORM devices that stand in any provider and is easily recognized later, the program works through websocket too much to trust. Therefore, the fact that you do not register anywhere does not make you anonymous.

Post has been editedamnesiagroup - 11.01.16, 12:41

Rep: (727)
Some metadata is added to the package.

"some" are what?
packages specifically for surespot servers or in general for tcp / ip?

Rep: (4008)
M
Messages that are not related to the application are moved toSecurity in android. Privacy and anonymity on the Internet.

Surespot does not solve anonymity problems, within the framework of gsm and Internet networks

But it is achieved in conjunction with other programs, means of anonymization, or when you go to the Internet through public wifi. While other instant messengers, such as the same Signal, are not architecturally capable of anonymity. Many burn the number during registration, and even in the case of hiding the client's ip, the server still knows who owns the traffic. Surespot has no such problems, and in principle it does not contradict anonymity.

Rep: (11)
A new version

Attached files

Attached filesurespot_63_apk-dl.com.apk(6.27 MB)

Rep: (178)
Suddenly, at once, identity stopped working on 3 devices, writes invalid password or key, the password is exactly correct. It seems that this nickname has been blocked, so you have a free instant messenger.

Tell me, notifications at least someone displayed?
Three devices and no notifications.

I use the 65th version on two different phones, I have everything ok.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09.02.21, 09:00