Chrome / Chromium OS | [linuxos] Google's OS Discussion

Rep: (366)
Discussion Chrome / Chromium OS
ChromiumOS / ChromeOS | Chrome for Android | Chrome for Windows | Chrome for iOS
Attached ImageAttached Image

Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

FAQ
WhatChrome / Chromium OS ?
Chrome / Chromium OS is an operating system from Google Inc. focused on web surfing and cloud technologies, in fact it is a lightweight Linux + Chrome browser
What is the difference between ChromeOS and Chromium OS?
Chromium OS is an open source project used primarily by developers, whose code is available to everyone.
Google Chrome OS is a Google product that is distributed to device manufacturers and is used by end users.
These two projects have the same foundation, but Google Chrome OS has some additional software add-ons, which include self-loading checks and easy recovery.
  1. Google Chrome OS runs on specially prepared devices (chromebooks).
  2. Chromium OS, unlike Google Chrome OS, does not automatically update.
  3. Google Chrome OS is supported by Google and its partners; Chromium OS is supported by the developer community.
  4. Google Chrome OS contains some packages that are not in the Chromium OS project:
  5. Adobe Flash
  6. Netflix instant
  7. Google talk
  8. 3G support
Materials on the topic
Images
Instructions

Running Android applications on Chromium OS is not possible yet to PC

There is no curator in the subject. If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators). Prior to the appointment of a curator for filling caps, please contactmoderatorssection through a buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedninja88 - 06.09.20, 16:49
Reason for editing: Most instructions for installing Chrome OS by BRUNCH (free translation of the official manual)

Rep: (2)
I saw the world google operating system.

Who put? Who saw? Who felt? How much is linuh? Share your impressions.

In the news methere.

In the answers of Google on the subject of the operating systemPts a lot of useful =)))

Post has been editedFrantic_black - 05.05.09, 10:50

Rep: (288)
Why is it necessary? inferior glamor cod

Rep: (610)
Well, that hour is coming when the axis will be somewhere on the server, and you only have a reliable connection in the system requirements :)

kozhura,
I think this is only the first step :)
* At least I really hope so ...

Rep: (27)
I understand that this is off site?http://www.thinkgos.com/gos/index.html
Now I will try to download, put on virtualku. Unsubscribe.

Rep: (27)
In general, the usual-looking Ubunt, slightly modified by the design, the bottom bar with Google gadgets.

Rep: (55)
dr @ go_n
I would not want to have such an OS about which you are dreaming =). The same services will see everything clearly, who does what, again, I suppose you will have to pay monthly for every extra gigabyte of allocated space, for each additional percentage of power .. connection with the network is lost and that's all, accumulated =)

Rep: (307)
But large corporations do not need to invest dofig money in OS update + now it will be immediately visible what the employees behind the computer are doing :)

EagleXTX,
I do not dream of such a OS. But Google, it is Google :) The online axis is more a reality than a myth :) Another thing is that for now there is no sense to put it into circulation. And you can practiceon cats.
Rumors say that the system will be able to find local and remote devices and create a dedicated memory area on the user's hard disk. The third release, called corporate, will allow companies to install local workstations, so that the user would not care what computer to work on by downloading into his “workplace”.

Admit it, because the hint is the same :) Although this is only a rumor ...
And the relevant services know about us ever since we appeared in the internet: ph34r:

Rep: (2)
adjusted the cap.

Do not you think that the future of online software? Who sysadminil a bunch of almost identical computers of a corporation knows that it will be easier to deploy a machine in a virtual one time than to run and install and reconfigure the system on identical machines every day.

I think Google wants to come to this. It's nice that I took linuh as a basis. I think they will make it closer to the people ... and take a step towards the online system.

That's about the security question interesting. But for starters, you can limit the storage of not so personal files ... which can be easily accessed from any computer in the world. There is definitely something about this.

Rep: (81)
Frantic_black
I also invented a bicycle. Although our periphery, however, at least 3 offices have already seen a bunch of wine server 2003, there is an office and 1c on it, all workers are connected through the terminal. The second server on Linux usually performs the functions of a router.

Frantic_Black @ 5.5.09, 14:53*
set and reconfigure the system on the same machines.

Acronis is not invented for us. Windows is put 1 time, firewood is put, an image is made.

It's nice that I took linuh as a basis

I do not see anything pleasant, in such systems it is necessary to take into account the work of many programs: accounting - 1s, estimators — grandsmets, and pto - the project management system. Vine run through? Do not make me laugh socks.

That's about the security question interesting. But for starters, you can limit the storage of not so personal files ... which can be easily accessed from any computer in the world. There is definitely something about this.

Well, in general, in our time, when a static un to get is not a problem in most of the offices, a server sticks out at the gun, and you also connected to the network.

Rep: (1109)
Mikkael @ 6.5.09, 0:42*
I do not see anything pleasant, in such systems it is necessary to take into account the work of many programs: accounting - 1s, estimators — grandsmets, and pto - the project management system. Vine run through? Do not make me laugh socks.

Just do not forget that Wind is the property of the MC and it is absolutely impossible to do anything on its basis! And Google has already made the smartest mobile OS, which is rapidly gaining popularity and now has taken on this project, I hope they will succeed ... So let 1C and others start writing, or rather adapt the software for OTHER OS: Win, Lin, Mac, Google. ..
And do not forget about the Antivirus on the output to the external network + antivirus (another company) in LAN, here it is happiness to have Windows!

Rep: (34)
Discussion Chrome / Chromium OS

Chromium OS project home page

Attached Image

About OS
Chrome / Chromium OS this is the operating system from google inc. focused on web surfing and cloud technologies, in fact it is a lightweight Linux + Chrome browser

FAQ
Fill in along the way

Assembly

Images

Screenshots
Screenshots

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links, or through QMS.

Post has been editedctich21 - 24.08.14, 16:17
Reason for editing: image link

Rep: (6)
When will the source code be from chrome? And when will we wait for the off version?

igor10388, uh ... And they are not yet?

Added 20 Dec 2013, 22:31:

Ubuntu 13.10 - reached the installation of the architecture in the off-guide, but something doesn’t rob,probably amd64_generic ChromeOS still can not be collected
Mistake:
No toolchain specified in board overlay or on command line.

Post has been editedSirikid - 20.12.13, 22:38

Rep: (0)
Guys, I can not install from a flash drive. Tried and vanilla version and luma. Does not see the network and everything

Rep: (45)
I saw a Google advertisement. Inspired. Found this topic. Descended from heaven to earth. As thought, this is a regular Linux. And I already thought, maybe try this animal) I will stay further on XP;)

Raven0r, With XP, Chrome OS may not compare, optimally put on an old laptop for surfing

Rep: (12)
If you wish, you cancompilefor your company. The only deviation from the article is that instead of / dev / sdb we write the partition of our hard disk.

Post has been editedtwaik - 24.05.14, 18:34

Rep: (8)
I’ll probably make my five kopecks as well ...
Those who wish to use and familiarize themselves with this axis so to speak, you can userepositories from the respected ArnoldTheBat .
It is stable and often releases Chromium OS assemblies !!

Post has been edited12digit - 13.06.14, 20:23

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 17/09/20, 5:18