Power consumption (autonomy) Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 / SM-N9005 LTE | Discussion of energy, and the search tips on saving solutions

Rep: (2362)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 / SM-N9005 LTE - Power consumption (autonomy)
PictureSM-N900

Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Owners Club Samsung Galaxy Note 3 пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Modification of software and decorations пїЅ | Marriage / Repair | Discussion Samsung SM-N9005 Galaxy Note 3 LTE пїЅ | Samsung SM-N9002 / N9008 / N9009 Galaxy Note 3 Dual Sim Discussion пїЅ | Samsung SM-N900 Galaxy Note III - Custom firmware (OS Android 4.3) пїЅ | Samsung Galaxy Gear пїЅ | power usage пїЅ | Tips to improve power saving devices on Android OS пїЅ

In discussing this topic Samsung Galaxy Note 3 power consumption at different firmware and different sets of software!
Please indicate the firmware, the main installed software and describe the problem in detail.

useful links

Useful tips
User Experience and Tips
Screenshots

Before publishing images, read the Working with Images on the forum (Post # 13963819)
There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedRu4kin - 20.01.17, 18:22
Reason for editing: edit

Rep: (1199)
M

Rep: (16)
I beg check logs on their devices. I constantly 2 times per second jumps AbsViewList: unregisterIRlistener () called. The phone never goes into "deep sleep". It always has been, even just out of the box. Now there is XXUCMJ6. BetterBatteryStats shows that eating "powermanagerservice.wakelocks". Also seen this problem on the xda from Galaxy S4 c iOS 4.3. Within the meaning of what is associated with the infrared port (IR).

Rep: (2)
N9005
Battery Guru - for on Snapdragon devices
Classroom program.
I take a week
program with cockroaches, but I did become friends with her
the evening is now ~ 70%
before that ~ 50%

Post has been edited27000006 - 03.11.13, 01:10

Rep: (69)
How do you think NFC consumes a lot of energy? Well, in the sense of when it is constantly in the curtain included.

Rep: (21)
So, I decided to share their feelings and observations for energy efficiency. So, according to my personal feelings, energoberezhlivost note3 the drain 4.3 is about the same as it was in the note II at the stock 4.1.1. Andrew 4.1.2 save battery where as voracious. In general, we have what we have - two days of the device under the following circumstances:
- N900
- Stock firmware 4.3
- Auto-Brightness screen
- Network Mode only wcdma
- constantly included synchronization and wifi
In this stable day: an hour playing RealRacing3, about half an hour in AngryBirds Star Wars II, two o'clock music, surfing an hour, half an hour \ h - reader and on all sorts of little things social networks. That is, the screen work two days would be about 6-7 hours.
Now to what I was doing.
Since long ago we all know that the main uncle Jora on android is facebook and other sots.seti, we first disable all unnecessary shove. In principle, there is no difficulty with this, however, smart-ass Facebook will still wake your smartphone, even when you're sure to facebook you wake up only when you enter into it. So this is the main zhruny facebook, Google +, and said classmates. However, the last I do not use, can not say. It is not necessary - disable what you need - set up to work without the use of a push. I, for example, absolutely not important push in social networks, but certainly important in gmail. Here the situation solely on your needs.
From the basic installed software:
Real Racing 3, Vkontakte, Facebook, Qip IM, Skype, 2GIS, PCRadio, Anry Birds Star Wars II, Drag Racing, Top Eleven.
There are more, but the basic zhruny from what is established, I think, has listed.
Before writing, I disabled, I would say that the following is to disable the software per night (about 8 hours of my sleep) ate 8-10% charge - something like this, I had to Note II with 4.1.2. After disabling was to eat 1-2% - this picture was on my Note II with 4.1.1. So I disabled this:
Story Album widget
Google's Maps
Wallpapers Tourist
Plug-in HP module
Street View
Yandeks.Novosti
Yandex.Probki
Yandex.Taxi
Awad
BlurbCheckout
Chaton
Chrome
Google Play Games
Google Play Books
Google Play Movies
Google+
Polaris Office Viewer 5
(Instead download the full functionality Polaris Office of Samsung Apps, and then disable and Samsung Apps)
Samsung apps
Samsung Apps widget
Samsung Link
Samsung Push Service
Story Album
Talkback
Tripadvisor
Yahoo! Finance

Screenshots is not attached, because the "why?", And in recent years have more time to spend in the company's Real Racing 3, and if it get stuck in the toy, you know, a charge longer than a day is not enough ever. But all of the above is really working in harsh everyday life. Something like this.

Post has been editedadrenal_in - 04.11.13, 09:33

Rep: (180)
gsmarena
Attached Image

Post has been editedNatacha - 05.11.13, 14:54
Reason for editing: Screenshots under the spoiler!

Rep: (2165)
I decided to move here the post which he wrote more for Note II, but it is still relevant for our devaysa:

Frankly, on Note2 I relaxed because of the large battery and all these evolution was producing just out of habit, as still recharge the device every night.

disconnect:

1. Live wallpaper - I simply just freeze in Titanium
2. Settings / Location - I turn off the wireless network, right before they disable the need to adjust to the weather lokskrine it somehow without this option will not work. Disable this setting because, apparently, in 4.xx there is a problem with the fact that this setting begins continuously scan the network for a location, you need it to someone or not she was not interested. We and so great a GPS module, and a program, which is necessary to the definition of a honeycomb or waffle to the detection of the coordinates of a place (such as Yandex Navigator or Yandex Maps ), Safely avoid this off settings and use the data. I must say that disabling this setting has no effect on a program that switch profiles according to cells ( Locale or Llama ).
3. I disable all not necessary synchronization - then see who needs what themselves. I have a lot of boxes and other accounts and logs, but all the same, really work to Pouchet one, the others are checked every few hours. Yet, for example, to disable Google play automatic updates and update notifications.
4. InGoogle now leaving only the search, that is not activated Assistance
5. Push and notification of all social networks.

Removed and frozen:

1. Google maps - This is very fond of the program to seek the location and that the thread to pump occasionally known as a lover of poyuzat battery. Nothing wrong with it turned off there, because all the other bend and services that need this program are starting to use it instead of a web application (that is, open the card via the browser), and the card is safely replaced by Yandex maps , eg.
2. Gmail - I do not know why I freeze, just use another program for the post. As far as energy consumption, she can not say. Well, there is definitely a push in it and if you do not need, it is better to use luchshenastraivaemye mail clients.
3. Every built-nonsense type of social hubs all, gaming hubs and SamsungApp
4. If you do not use the Samsungovskoe cloud, and all the services associated with it.

Useful programs (in my opinion that should be at each user):

1. В® Titanium Backup- backup, freezing programs, and many other interesting things
2. Cool tool- allows over all windows (I displayed in the top bar) to see the system information such as the frequency and CPU usage, and so well.
3. В® CPU Spy- indispensable for understanding whether your device is asleep, or only covers the eyes
4. BetterBatteryStats- is indispensable in the search for suspicious veyklokov, if any.
5. To use the mailAquamail- IMHO the best mailer (exchange is not enough to it, everything else is)
6. Llama - Location Profiles- a better profiler, I have a lot of parameters (vayfay, BT, volume, brightness, sound, etc.) with respect to time, location.
7. TaskerAdvanced Scheduler actions - can launch and close programs at many events, change settings, and so on. For example, I've got it when you connect a wired headset launches a particular program (it can be a music player or something else), when disconnected - closes.
8. If you use a lot of different IM - ICQ, Facebook Chat, VK and so I advise you to put most aggregator instant messenger'ovIMO.IMthat it was all in one place.

So far on this stop, if even that will remember, be sure to add.

Post has been editedKot - 04.11.13, 14:08

Rep: (3)
The last two days there was a wild Jordania, per night and took 20%, even in offline mode. BetterBatteryStats showed that the device does not practically buried due to certain process l2_hsic. Not naguglit anything distinct remembered that of the last changes in the phone only played with S Health'om after it forcibly stopped and cleaned data is normalized to the power of 0.5% per hour (at BetterBatteryStats indications). No one else Jora associated with S Health, really because he just forced a stop, you can get out? It's a crutch what else.

Rep: (16)
sashek06 @ 06.11.2013, 14:36*
l2_hsic

I have the same. I do not know what, nothing helps. On xda this problem solved custom kernel.

Rep: (1182)
Recommendations:

0. Check the battery. If the battery is a little swollen (check line), there will be miracles with power. You can turn off the smart phone before going to bed, fully charge the battery, turn off the charging and turn the morning, immediately checking the charge percentage. If the charge has fallen more than 1% (at the same ambient temperature), then the problem is with the battery accurately.

1. Menu ->"Accounts". Go to Google uchotku, tapnite to your e-mail and disable sync those items that are not in use. Take a walk through the rest of uchotkam, if any. In detailsindicated here.

2. Disable the "Access location" to Google Maps settings. Freeze "Network Location", "Google Search" and "Google+". As a result, only Google Maps refuse positioned by location. All other cards and applications perfectly use navigation. Freeze (in terms of the "Application Manager" - disable) can beAndroid Tuner, Titanium backupand other tools. If you nerutovanny smartphone, then turn off in the "Application Manager".

3. Freeze the application "Google Play Magazines", "Google Play Books", "Play music", "Play Movies", "ChatON", "Samsung Push Service" and others you do not need, but arrogant (without your demand internet climb ). "Google Play Store" do not freeze!

4. InDisable Serviceanalyze the services used by applications (blue numbers) and unplug it (uncheck uncheck) what exactly you do not need. MainlyCheckin(Checkin corrected by fine tuningSo), TimaService, GTalk, NLP, NLS, Geo, Plus and RecommendationsViewService (it does not listDisable ServiceIt is a guide for Paternafine-tuning).

5. InAutostartstab "at boot time" and turn off what you know, but do not use. Open the tab "after download" and try again. That's why at startup "Books", "YouTube", "Audiobooks", "Samsung Push Service", "Firefox"? ..An example of a disconnected I.

6. Block ad sites and put anti-virus! Painless advertising blocked by file hosts (about the benefits of ad blocking). For example, usingAdAway. Viruses are caught on the fly with the help ofDr.Web, With the inclusion of monitoring and mandatory daily (!) Automatic database updates. For the purposes of self-education about malware for Android, bring a couple of reviews of the leading antivirus companiesDr.WebandKaspersky. Group-IB - a company engaged in the investigation of computer crime, leads hisoverview. Presentation security of mobile banking 2012 by Digital Securityhere.

7. Mediaskanner (MediaScannerReceiver - subprocess com.android.providers.media process) periodically scans the "drive" the presence of the media content. It is not always the process is painless. Mediaskanner can be turned off, for example byRescan Media ROOT(Disable Media Scanner Button). You can create an empty file .nomedia (from the point) in the desired directory that would MediaScannerReceiver not climb in the interior of the directory files, and was not looking where media content. If you disable mediaskanner, new media (photos, video) copied from your computer will not be displayed in the gallery and other programs display media content. To display will need to Rescan Media ROOT restart (Re-enable) mediaskanner, wait a few minutes and then you can turn it off again.
You can stop / start with mediaskannerterminalthe following commands:
$ su
#pm disable com.android.providers.media/com.android.providers.media.MediaScannerReceiver
#pm enable com.android.providers.media/com.android.providers.media.MediaScannerReceiver

8. After all operations, gather statistics for further analysis and subsequent patches that passed on these instructions:
Power consumption (autonomous) Galaxy S IV (Post # 25260680)

What would you have more confidence to my recommendations, I cite the settings of your SGS4 (Android 4.3)
Night statistics:0.3% per hour with communications enabledand0.0% per hour when off. By the way, GPS / GLONASS, never disconnect.

Post has been editedtester99 - 11.09.14, 10:20

Rep: (171)
egrebnev
everyone all individually, someone is using LTE, someone vayfay who is mobile data, someone loads the page and turn off the Internet and sits reading an article (with Mobile Review often so personally I do) so different everywhere will interest can only be confident say that the battery can be dissatisfied perechistat on the fingers. from a more accurate to say that the game Sims worked a little more than 5 hours without a break phone (for the game need internet, it is enabled through vayfay was) (this time 10% charge left), can it is still a start, but again depends on the machine's settings.
tester99,
ukazvayte you that some of your programs need Root.

The theme of the discussions that the phone lecturing infu night eats 2% per night when fully drain, no applications are freezing, only if the application settings have the option to send data or not there esstestvenno neotpravlyat choice. 0% per night, you can achieve if you just turn on a stand-alone, so I worked on a note of 10.1 and I was very surprised how this is possible, but now nothing surprising, it's okay. (Tablet was also a sink)

So before you put any programs or advise everyone to configure the first mobile phone as it is and see the battery consumption. It is quite possible that nothing superfluous and unnecessary need to put into the phone.

Rep: (-2)
I had Note2 - for cleaning RAM memory - 450MB stay busy
Bought Note3 - remains a half gig.
Question - it all goes? Disabled have all that is possible !! The same is done for the other. The battery on the second holds 30-40 percent better

mitroshin,
already explains the topic of discussion that androyd takes as much RAM as necessary, and if busy half gig of RAM is not significant in the background hanging bunch manager that applications eat energy I have on stock when the phone start-up employs about 860 meters, climb on the menu and settings not starting applications any number of used memory capacity is increased to 1.2-1.3 GB, after entering the dispatcher and purification becomes busy 1.07 gigabytes. in general it is necessary to look not by how busy, but by how many lives your phone battery. If the phone eats per night from 2 to 5 percent with the inclusion of a link is completely normal and is not a party due centimeters .... oh ... = megabytes)

Rep: (69)
mitroshin @ 10.11.2013, 22:58*
I had Note2 - for cleaning RAM memory - 450MB stay busy
Bought Note3 - remains a half gig.
Question - it all goes? Disabled have all that is possible !! The same is done for the other. The battery on the second holds 30-40 percent better

I was too, and note 2, and sgs2. And they all normally occupied 2/3, 3/4 memory. At least one of them a gig and another 2 gig that same memory. And note 3 is no exception.
Sometimes I use Nova launcher. So said that to him a little more free RAM than tachvize.

Rep: (5)
Put BetterBatteryStats, ponaotklyuchal pile of debris of every kind, customized vayfay in sleep mode, and as a result of the night was eaten 10-11%, although this was less than 2%.
BetterBatteryStats writes that veykloki conducted mostly only by BetterBatteryStats. Carried this program, and vseravno flies ~ 10% per night.

Seph,
that's why I have written above in a statement: "So before you put any programs or advise everyone to configure the first mobile phone as it is and see the battery consumption is quite possible that nothing superfluous and unnecessary need to put into the phone.."

under what programs or even understand such benchmarks and yakobytestery, antivirus software, widgets, and all unnecessary. your example is just perfect for those who uncredited first in my post. thanks.

Rep: (141)
Help solve the problem, the machine lives 22-23 hours (2-3 hours of screen work and turn off the GPS, etc.), but I do know that two days he has to keep accurate.
WLD identified problem (see. Screenshot).
How to fix? Disable calendar store does not help, because in this case "falls off" the calendar itself, and I use it constantly.
Sync is on - she is guilty?

Attached Image

DeepHawk @ 11.11.2013, 12:43*
Sync is on - she is guilty?

it's just a calendar sync, and as I understand it glyuknul or blunted just enough requests coming. I could be wrong, but an appeal to the calendar only on the synchronization goes into the drain.

Rep: (141)
KoT-EWE @ 11.11.2013, 11:50*
it's just a calendar sync, and as I understand it glyuknul or blunted just enough requests coming. I could be wrong, but an appeal to the calendar only on the synchronization goes into the drain.

Yes, the stock firmware.
Those. recommendation as I understand it to remove and re-configure the account?

DeepHawk,
I would have tried to delve into the calendar and remove unnecessary dates and reminders, maybe they locked the calendar (since he did not use reminders then be offered to clean up the data calendar) and then disable auto-sync and sync push myself and see what would happen if the problem is no longer the enable synchronization and see whether everything is normal or poyat will appeal to him. if the treatment will then exit 2, or Google account in the calendar that is not treated or is not synchronizing, and what the other program tries to access a calendar (which is unlikely)

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 15/06/20, 20:32