iPad Air
Are you satisfied with the new tablet?
Fully satisfied, there is no problem. [ 1193 ] ** [65,98%]
Satisfied, but minor flaws are present ... [ 479 ] ** [26,49%]
No, the tablet is mediocre - enough problems. [ 136 ] ** [7,52%]
Total votes: 1808

Rep: (304)
iPad Air (2013)
Description | Discussion » | Purchase | Battery | Accessories | Marriage: devices , common topic | FAQ | First aid | News and rumors

Attached Image

Questions that can not be asked (discussed) in the topic:
Specs
Colors:
  • Space gray
  • Silver
Models:
  • Wi-Fi (iPad4,1);
  • Wi-Fi + Cellular (iPad4,2)
Capacity:
  • 16 GB
  • 32 GB
  • 64 GB
  • 128 GB
Wireless connection:
  • Wi-Fi 802.11a / b / g / n (802.11n in the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands) and MIMO
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • 4G / LTE in the ranges 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26
Display:
  • 9.7 "full sRGB Retina display with a resolution of 2048 x 1536 (264 ppi) made using IPS technology. Oleophobic coating that prevents the appearance of fingerprints.
64-bit dual-core A7 chip with a frequency of 1.4 GHz and an M7 coprocessor
Supported audio formats: AAC (from 8 to 320 kbps), protected by AAC (for files from iTunes Store), HE ‑ AAC, MP3 (from 8 to 320 kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4 , Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX and AAX +), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV. User adjustable maximum volume.
Camera:
  • Front 5 megapixel iSight camera with the ability to record video in 1080p
  • Front camera with a resolution of 1.2 megapixels and the ability to record video in 720p.
Sensors:
  • Three-axis gyroscope
  • Accelerometer
  • Ambient light sensor
Aluminium case
The size:
  • 240/169.5/7.5;
Weight:
  • 469 g. (Wi-Fi)
  • 478 g. (Wi-Fi + Cellular)
Connectors:
  • 3.5mm headphone jack
  • Lightning connector
Contents of delivery:
  • iPad Air
  • Lightning cable - USB
  • USB power adapter
4G / LTE network
iPad Air works in 4G / LTE networks in the territory of the Russian Federation for all operators, in those places where there is LTE coverage.

Learn more about LTE here:http://apple.com/ipad/LTE
Performance Reviews / Tests
iPad Air- "live" photos
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
The whole truth about the battery
Since the topic is often asked questions about how to properly charge the tablet, it was decided to make a special spoiler, under which reliable, official information will be collected:
  • Lithium-ion batteries have a high specific capacity, which provides a longer operating time with less weight. In addition, lithium-ion batteries can be recharged at any time, without waiting for them to fully discharge or recharge.
  • Most Li-ion battery is first charged to 80% in fast mode, and then proceed to trickle charging. For example, you will need about two hours to charge the iPad up to 80%, and then another two hours to charge the battery until the end - on the condition that you do not use your device while charging. Lithium-ion batteries can be recharged a large number of times, but this number is not infinite. It is the number of charge cycles. The implication is that you should use the charge to the end, but not necessarily charge the battery in one step. Let's say you use the iPad for several hours during the day. You use half the battery and then charge it to the end. If the next day you do the same thing, you get one charge cycle, not two, that is, one cycle can take several days. After each cycle of charging the battery capacity decreases slightly, but you can not worry: will take many charge cycles before the battery capacity on your laptop, iPod or iPad will decline to 80% of the original.
  • Lithium-ion batteries require constant maximum loads. If you do not use the device too often, spend at least one full charge cycle once a month.
A source: http://www.apple.com/ru/batteries/
FAQ
- Are bugs and marriage related to the iPad's country of origin?
- Not.

- I want to make a jailbreak. Where can I read how to do it?
[FAQ] Guide to instructions for jailbreaking

- What is Siri and how to use it?
Siri - FAQ

- The first time I got an Apple device, what should I do?
Novice path

- Where to create an Apple ID?
Apple Site Guide

- I want to learn more about my operating system on the device
iOS 7.xx. - discussion
iOS 8.xx. - discussion

- I need to reflash my iPhone
Help and troubleshooting firmwareorHelp and problem solving for flashing

- Where can I download the latest official firmware?
Official firmware for iPhone / iPod / iPad

- I want to flash the device, but do I need a jailbreak?
Semi-Restore for iOS 5.0-8.1

- I want to buy a device. Where to ask where to buy it?
iPad Air - Purchase

- Where can I find information about covers, films?
iPad 3 / iPad 4 / iPad Air - Accessories

- How to distinguish a defective device from a non-defective one?
Apple devices - marriage / differences.

- Where can I find out about Apple’s internal utilities?
Apple Internal Utilities

- My battery is running out, where can I turn?
IPad battery lifeortips on how to increase battery life in iOS 7

- I need to choose the optimal amount of iPad memory. Where should I go?
Optimum iPad Memory Size

- I want to install applications for free, how to do it?
- You can specify several topics where to apply:
The last topic requires a jailbreak procedure.

- Where can I find out about promotions in the App Store?
Promotions on the App Store

- I need a little help with the device
iPad - Help

- I have problems with iTunes ...
iTunes - Help

- I forgot my password on my iPhone, where should I go?
- If you and your iPad carried out the Jailbreak procedure, here:[FAQ] If you put a password on your iPhone / iPad / iPod touch and forgot it. If not - reflash the device.

- I want to know the current firmware, where should I turn?
Device Firmware FAQ

- Unable to activate the device, you must enter your Apple ID
I can not activate, requires apple ID

- I need to save a digital certificate (SHSH Blobs) for my device
Saving SHSH for all iDevays

Post has been editedFilislav - 27.02.20, 07:32

Rep: (1137)
A small comparison of Ipad5 and all previous ones
http: //savagemessiahzine.com/2013/11/02/122377/
Honestly - I expected more
There is not enough launch of games and applications, but on this comparison of all the hits, the novelty is not impressive at all

Rep: (11)
No matter how the Achilles heel of the new iPad Air becomes the amount of RAM. Too little, 1 GB for a top tablet with a huge resolution for the end of 2013 - this is not serious. That was enough for the 3/4 generation, but this, forgive me, the beginning of 2012 was. Sadly

Rep: (6)
PickupMaster @ 11/02/2013, 10:53*
No matter how the Achilles heel of the new iPad Air becomes the amount of RAM. Too little, 1 GB for a top tablet with a huge resolution for the end of 2013 - this is not serious. That was enough for the 3/4 generation, but this, forgive me, the beginning of 2012 was. Sadly

It will not, believe me. Architecture Apple and this is good, that to expand the RAM is not much point. today purely on physical indicators AIR- yesterday with a dual-core processor, 1GB of memory, though the droid backgrounds have long nuclear boast 4 percent and 2 GB of operatives. but no matter how they pyzhilis, still outdo Yabloko they fail. Try ushatat 1 gb such as the iPhone. however I did not try, open the app and ALL games are available-figushki! Nothing hanging or tupit. it is distributed very well.

Rep: (11)
rayden1234567 I just mentioned about it. iPad 1st generation undoing was his 256 MB RAM, Apple was forced to complete his support to 5.1.1, iPod Touch 4th generation has lived up to 6.1.3 at the same iron (less resolution, no gestures, etc. ), and was also urgently removed from the Apple Store for the 2 weeks prior to the presentation of iOS 7. Here the screen resolution is higher than all the texture eat more RAM. Of course the problem can occur immediately, at the start of sales, and the first generation was all good, but with the following updates the problems started. Let's see, I would love to be wrong. : Rolleyes:

Rep: (19)
Owners, and on the sensations in his hand, is it much easier than the previous ones?

Rep: (535)
Because the forum has a lot of talk about performance gains, I decided to make a simple but very interesting comparison.
And what is interesting about it! The program in which I will compare iPhone 5 with iPad Air is forgotten by developers long before the release of the first iOS7 beta, respectively, there are no updates and optimizations, it is not in the store at all, that is, only those who have bought it have remained.
The program is called photoforge-powerful tool for processing photos in any resolution. The most important thing for such a software processor and RAM, that is, we can seereal increase in performance, without any embellishment and optimizations, the naked truth, so to speak ...
One photo (16MP) was used in comparison, a rather “heavy” effect was applied to it ...
The PS program is naturally not optimized for iOS7 and, accordingly, does not know what 64-bit is, that is, the processor works with it in 32-bit mode.

tyts

Post has been editednothing_personal - 02.11.13, 23:14

Mousehunter @ 11/02/2013, 10:04 PM*
Owners, and on the sensations in his hand, is it much easier than the previous ones?

Yes!

nothing_personal @ 11/03/2013 00:08*
decided to make a simple but very interesting comparison
I said about that - we need tests for launching prog / games and working in editors of various
If there is still an option to compare the same operations on the ipad, then there will be a buzz

And yet .. ipad5 - 64-bit system, in the future should be in the black

ps
Personally for myself, I decided after the presentations - Ipad5, in theory, should be the last ipad for me - after that nothing can be accelerated and I’m unlikely to improve, because now Ipad1, Ipad3, Ipad4 are in use .. Ipad1 is discarded altogether, of course Ipad3 and 4 places are not enough (they always used them purely for the Internet and occasionally kick birds), but in terms of performance they are completely satisfied
So, I will switch to ipad5 just for the sake of increasing the space for films and calm / ignore about ipadov 6, 7 .. 10, etc.

Post has been editedMadfile - 02.11.13, 23:26

MadFile @ 11/02/2013, 10:20 PM*
If there is still an option to compare the same operations on the ipad, then there will be a buzz

At the moment, there is no such possibility, but I compared the 4th ipad with iPhone 5, the tests were similar and the result was about the same, the difference is at the level of error ...

Post has been editednothing_personal - 02.11.13, 23:38

Rep: (6)
PickupMaster @ 11/02/2013, 23:11*
I just mentioned about it. iPad 1st generation undoing was his 256 MB RAM, Apple was forced to complete his support to 5.1.1, iPod Touch 4th generation has lived up to 6.1.3 at the same iron (less resolution, no gestures, etc. ), and was also urgently removed from the Apple Store for the 2 weeks prior to the presentation of iOS 7. Here the screen resolution is higher than all the texture eat more RAM. Of course the problem can occur immediately, at the start of sales, and the first generation was all good, but with the following updates the problems started. Let's see, I would love to be wrong.

there in Cupertino not all at once embody a life. what to say on these presentations? right! EMYZING about 2 GB of RAM))) they aypad mini first made in the old iron and a weak screen. left for this year, but do not touch Haydee stuck. remained with the next step to the next przentatsiyu. those. Minicom is a touch Haydee and increased RAM. they're not particularly steamed and constantly give the usual chips of any EMEYZINGI in the following views ... and then the audience applauds applauding .. ...)))))))

nothing_personal @ 11/03/2013 00:24*
compared the 4th ipad with ay5, the tests were similar and the result was approximately the same, the difference is at the level of error ...
In general, it is clear
So, and it turns out - Ipad5 is useful only for the sake of increasing the space for movies)

Posted 02.11.2013, 23:32:

Flash9001 @ 11/03/2013, 00:28*
When is this tablet expected to be available in Russia?
http://market.yandex.ru/model.xml?modelid=...468713834244094

Post has been editedMadfile - 02.11.13, 23:33

Flash9001 @ 11.11.2013, 22:28*
Hello, who prompts when this tablet is expected to be available in Russia? And how much will it cost 32GB version without 3G.

The “gray ones” are already available, the “white ones” are possible by December, such a version will cost around 22000 ...

Posted on 11/02/2013 23:33:

MadFile @ 11/02/2013, 10:32*
So, and it turns out - Ipad5 is useful only for the sake of increasing the space for movies)

Well, if you only watch movies, then yes ...

Posted 02.11.2013, 23:35:

MadFile,
I apologize, apparently wrote crooked ... I compared it with ay5, that is, ipad 4 with 5th iphone, there was no big difference, at the level of error ...

Post has been editednothing_personal - 02.11.13, 23:37

nothing_personal @ 11/03/2013, 00:33*
Well, if you only watch movies, then yes ...

I didn’t even look at them) I took a couple (ipad1 and ipad2) for 32, then I realized that I was always busy with no more than 5GB, but Ipad3, Ipad4 took for 16
Then addicted to movies - it took a place
There are games too, but no more than 6-8pcs .. not fond of
I tried to play with the graphics, but nothing went beyond the games on the tablet, because in real life I use Adobe Photoshop, Corel, Adobe Premiere

In general, thanks for the new info

Posted on 11/02/2013 23:41 PM:

nothing_personal @ 11/03/2013, 00:35*
Compared with ay5, i.e. aypad 4 with a 5th iphone, there was no big difference — at the level of error ...
Akey, in general, an increase in Ipad5 will, of course, but this is not so important to me as free space
We will study)

Post has been editedMadfile - 02.11.13, 23:46

Rep: (682)
Someone wanted to see a gain?

The same as the iPhone 5S and a little more points only due to the increased processor frequency.

Post has been editedAnyaBelka - 03.11.13, 01:35

Rep: (2)
How much space did you initially have available? I have 11.8 out of 16

Post has been editedTambourineman - 03.11.13, 06:33

Rep: (54)
Please do not scold .... Someone will tell. It was Ipad 4 (Presented to the Spouse) I turned it on and checked the quality of the picture is clear (Applied a transparent film .... The quality is the same) Only transparent leaves fingerprints.
I bought Air yesterday, turned on the quality also super (I decided to apply a film for the first time that does not leave fingerprints (Matte) ..... The picture quality became worse. I felt a bit smeared or some kind of traces like wet under film .... such a film?

Post has been editedAlko2011 - 03.11.13, 06:49

Rep: (2)
Alko2011, I think that yes, put matte films, in my opinion, a thankless task

Rep: (45)
But with the release of Air, I thought about what to take ... I wanted to change 4S to 5S first, but something 5S is not very happy. But I think I should change my iPad 4 on Air. And I think this time it’s worth taking with the 4G module. The obvious advantages of Air except that smaller dimensions with the same display, less weight and most importantly stereo speakers, with which games and movies will be perceived differently. If we talk about performance, then 4 has no problems with it at all, that is, it is not a factor at all for replacement.
And can anyone clarify the situation with LTE? When Apple will allow 4G in Russia to use on its devices, will the new Aipads have such an opportunity, or not?

Yes, and for how much approximately can you sell ipad 4 32GB Wi-Fi in perfect condition, and so far on the guarantee?

cuper1978 @ 11/03/2013 08:49*
and most importantly, stereo speakers with which games and movies will be perceived differently

The speakers sound really good, just like in Macbook EIR 11 ", but they are not separated, respectively, there is no bright stereo effect :-(

Posted on 11/03/2013 10:16:

cuper1978 @ 11/03/2013 08:49*
Yes, and for how much approximately can you sell ipad 4 32GB Wi-Fi in perfect condition, and so far on the guarantee?

I think something around $ 500 ...

Rep: (45)
nothing_personal @ 11/03/2013, 11:16*
The speakers really sound good, just like in the Macbook EIR 11 ", but they are not separated, respectively, there is no bright stereo effect

This is certainly not gud, but still the sound should be more voluminous ?!
nothing_personal @ 11/03/2013, 11:16*
I think something around $ 500 ...

I thought about that.

What do you think about LTE on Air will work in Russia? Just as in the case of the 5S will need some kind of specific model?

Post has been editedcuper1978 - 03.11.13, 10:25

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 08/03/20, 2:29