Discrete Sound Card | Discussion, selection, setup, problem solving

Rep: (1979)
Discrete sound card

Attached Image

Attention!

To select a sound card, specify the following:
  • What is the card for - music, movies, games, etc.
  • What will be connected to the card - headphones and / or speakers and their exact models
  • If the card for installation in the PC - the exact model of the motherboard.
  • If the card needs an external one, mention it.
  • Budget, shop, city
useful links
Topics on the choice of components

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedKOT-BE3DEXOD - 06.05.20, 10:29

Rep: (15)
In general, there are Philips SHP 8500 ears and I think to buy an external sound for them. What do you think, is it worth taking a sound card at all, if so which one?
The budget in the region of 1000 rubles + -300
In general, I first wanted to take columns 2.0, around 2k, but something changed my mind ...

Post has been editedctich - 22.01.15, 15:23

Rep: (2)
What kind of laptop? Look at the ASUS Xonar U3. Better to listen before purchasing with disabled improvers.

Post has been editedFray58 - 07.10.13, 09:39

Fraray58
Nout Lenovo z580

Rep: (1954)
AlexTrueMan @ 10.10.2013, 09:53*
In general, there are Philips SHP 8500 ears and I think to buy an external sound for them.

Judging by the price and reviews, the ears are not worth buying a sound card for them.

pasha_550
What is wrong with the reviews? Ooh

AlexTrueMan
Bad headband, sound - so-so.

pasha_550 I agree with the headband, but what's wrong with the sound? For such a price, what could be better?

Rep: (4)
I want to order an external sound card from China, my own is broken / burned. Here is an eye on eBay:http://www.ebay.com/it…l_&hash=item56571825f3
Who understands whether the external card can replace the native one and serve faithfully and faithfully? (Google shrugs).

Rep: (2729)
A couple of months ago I was listening to some external type cardsuchorsuchFrankly speaking, compared with the solutions built into the motherboard, I was impressed.
Unfortunately, it was a passing acquaintance and I do not know any details. In addition, the assembly kit was ordered, for example, on aliexpress and soldered independently. But I can be wrong about self-assembly. Here primerchikhttp: //www.aliexpress...-format/976367053.html

Post has been editedShoore - 07.02.14, 18:10

compared with the built-in motherboard solutions, impressed.

I think it is easy to explain: BB is a well-known manufacturer, and secondly, as was rightly noted in the commands on HabrГ©, if you put the same capacitors on a computer in the power supply, then the sound will also become quite good. :)

Rep: (910)
I've been using this for a long time already -http://www.ebay.com/it…al&hash=item19cac01de8
It works without drivers, at least under Win7x64, well, the sound is very ...
Although if you need a pi-pi-i then any USB will fit of course :)

Rep: (2729)
StasMan @ 02/10/2014, 14:05*
if you need pi-pi
By your link the most it! : D
Attached Image

no details i don't know
By the way, I turned up the option to find out the details: a whale of this type was bought on AliSimple Audio DAC(on the same converter) and soldered independently. Everything cost about 10 bucks.

Enermax DreamBass AP001
Stylization. The idea is interesting, the implementation is not very - they obviously failed the curve adapter ... and the view is not ice with the headset connected ...
Attached Image

Rep: (79)
* kot30ik,
under pci or pci-e ??
I use it myselfhttp: //market.yandex.r...elid=8228230&hid=91027

Rep: (3001)
* kot30ik,
Not lower than Xonar D1 \ DX

Rep: (701)
Good people help. What kind of sound card, preferably in the aisles of $ 100, you can buy. There is an amp sherwood ax 5505 and floor speakers pure acustick spark. Thanks in advance

You would have a DAC connected by YUSB and everything, or a converter, but it is natural that in the first case, that in the second case, you will not get $ 100 here. I would advise you an asus ST / STX series, but they cost more than $ 100, and I don’t even know that you can now take a normal one for 6k rubles. Prices are now hellish but all electronics.

Rep: (701)
WSonic @ 01/22/2015 10:52*

For the budget is quite normal. DAC Cyrus 4398, quite obuzany and easily tied. So, if you are not so zadroty by sound like me, then not a bad decision.

Rep: (0)
bought an external sound card for a laptop creative sound blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro
The first time it seemed to work, but the remote did not work, I decided to reinstall, now I can’t install it according to the instructions
http: //audiophilesoft..amer_at_win7/11-1-0-65
I can not install this
ALMY_PCAPP_BETA_LB_1_43_06.exe
SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0015.exe

an error
Picture

In the device manager, he sees the device but I can not install the driver

No device drivers are installed. (Code 28)

This operation requires an interactive window terminal.

Help me in general :)

Rep: (7)
Guys theme is, there is an old sound but true working sound, I want to connect power directly without a motherboard tobish to make a hook (though 8 Ohms) but for headphones norm. But the fact that it is an ancient blah I can't find datasheets on chips on the Internet, etc d.all rummaged,
MODEL: CT4810 on the Internet, the driver current on it and in fact the component itself is missing

Posted 02/09/2015 16:14:

Do not tell me how to iron it without the motherboard, there is knowledge in the electrician

Rep: (3001)
Do not tell me how to iron it without the motherboard, there is knowledge in the electrician

No A sound card is not a separate external complete device, it is a semi-finished product that is controlled by the driver via the PCI bus. By applying power to the card, you will not achieve anything.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 07/08/20, 20:10