City landscape architecture.

Rep: (242)
Architectural Photography

Attached Image

Architectural photography, architectural photography - photography genre, photographing architectural structures (buildings and their complexes, bridges, etc.). As a rule, the goal is to obtain a documentary snapshot, creating the necessary understanding of the appearance of the object to be removed or its details.
With this type of photography, the main task is to truthfully and accurately show the shape of the building, decoration, sculptures and decorative elements.
Architectural photography can be made for the artistic reproduction of the object. In this case, accuracy can be sacrificed for artistic expression, maximum reproduction of the characteristic features of a city, country, or epoch.
Features of the architectural style can be emphasized by the appropriate choice of the shooting point, the right angle, the nature of the lighting.

Rep: (31)
Here I propose to upload photos of Buildings, monuments, and urban peyz
Attached Image

Nikon d50
Sigma 28-300
Tripod

BombilCalabasov @ 08/29/07 12:10:48
not bad ... Small remarks on framing: the building is shifted to the left and slightly tilted. I would also remove this slightly, to put it mildly, not joyful brown tone from below.
In Photoshop, press Ctrl + "to turn on the coordinate grid, then Ctrl + a to select the whole picture and in the menu Edit - Transform - Rotation. You grab the corner of the picture and align it vertically.

Flesh [ZLO] 08/29/07 12:21:30
Yes, I just found the net just now ... I have some kind of tripod strange =) it skews a little bit to the right, and I overdo it when I straightened out the building without a net ... I did not clean up the blackness from below so as not to lose the proportions , in the square somehow looks worse ...

Flesh [ZLO] 08/29/07 12:21:30
Pavilion "Moscow", the territory of the Exhibition of Economic Achievements, at the moment the territory is called VVC. In the foreground is a monument to Lenin, but I dislike Lenin, and I am glad that he turned out to be dark and unrecognizable =)

Post has been editedkochrob - 08.10.07, 21:59

The place is also a building
Attached Image

BombilCalabasov @ 08.29.07 13:42:12
Again layout errors. Take a closer look - all the significant elements of the image in your frame are collected in its right side. To the right, it is oversaturated with elements, and to the left, a place almost empty in content (especially the LVU).
Well, with color - problems.
Isn't that better?
Attached Image
What did you do:
1. Image - Ajustments - Auto Levels (Ctrl + Alt + L)
2. Crop
It would also cost a little sharpanut ... for sharpness ...

Flesh [ZLO] Aug 29, 07 5:52:52 PM
after the changes, somehow everything became kinder ... But for some reason my color is closer to my version, about framing, mine too hard for you to frame it ... The clouds have lost their strength =) But in general I like it =) "Moscow-many-sided" - a very interesting frame ...
Cutting from photos of Moscow turned out =) class! And why is everything so clear? And how was it photographed? Well, I mean the tripod, the film, the diaphragm?

BombilCalabasov @ 08/29/07 6:26:12 PM
judging from your shot, it was made sometime after 4 pm, when the sun was setting (in EXIF ​​DATA-e stands 19:19 I think that this information can be trusted). A white balance on the machine has been set to Auto. Unfortunately, the Auto and expensive apparatus does not always work properly, but in this case it baffled predzakantnogo blue sky and clouds. Therefore, equipment which tried to straighten out the "warm" colors, wrong, and the picture has appeared that's strange yellow-dirty lighting. It is not pre-sunset "yellow", and not the corrected day. If you want to completely correct yellowness, then it would be necessary to find any white surface and quickly make manual white balance for the current color temperature. In principle, we should have received a normal white surface but with a bright blue sky (the effect would have been even stronger than after my correction in Photoshop). Or the other way - to try to convey here is "sunset gold", but then again, it was necessary to switch to the "Auto" mode to "Daylight". Then you would have received a gilded sun building (well, or close to it).
With framing, yes, there is no definitive solution. The VDNH is very spacious and a lot of air. I understand your desire to convey this space and volume in the photo, but it must be played up somehow separately ... differently. Maybe use a wider lens. If those 28mm, which are specified in EXIF, are “film”, then for the figure your lens works already like 35mm (well, approximately). Nikon did not record in EXIF ​​which lens was used ...

Flesh [ZLO] 08/29/07 6:41:42 PM
The distance was large ... and the focal length was minimal ... I just, too, before framing it, framed it ... But on the original, mine too much too much ...

Post has been editedkochrob - 08.10.07, 22:14

Rep: (70)
Attached Image

Berlin, Sony Center

Rep: (209)
mur-mur-meow cool Liked. Put 5 stars

Added @ 29.08.2007, 15:42

And I have this old snapshot for this topic ...
"Moscow has many faces"
[attachment = "83921: img-49429-188874.jpg"]
No photoshop tricks. Filmed in general with my old OLYMPUS on film. Embankment of the Moscow River, a showcase of a gas station.

And about the "Mosaic ..." there really were no tricks. I shot without a tripod, on a ProFoto-400 film (I shot it almost all the time while I was shooting it on film). I just saw a mosaic in one of the buildings, came up, arranged the frame, and then everything was done by Olympus automation (good technique, by the way). The exposure worked properly, sharpness also caught well. That's all the tricks. The main trick was not to be in the frame yourself!

Post has been editedkochrob - 08.10.07, 22:21

Rep: (36)
Flesh [ZLO] Aug 29, 07 12:03:06
here razmerchik would correct a little ...

I realized ... here's another night snapshot (it should look like it should go)

Attached Image

Post has been editedArelaV - 29.08.07, 22:29

Rep: (19)
Attached Image

Budapest, not processed photos, but it was shot on a very long exposure, Olympus e20p fotik :)

Attached Image

In the lower right corner there was a piece of parapet from the embankment - I had to cover it up (quickly), maybe not very carefully ... The question remains, however, with the reflection length of the divorced bridge ...
Here -
Attached Image
- you can see the original (733 kB)

BombilCalabasov @ 08/30/07 12:30:35
here in the lvr asks to whisper the moon ... But cool ... Not, in fact, it’s hard to shoot such things. Moreover, it is not even technically difficult, but artistically. You look - everything seems to be beautiful, but arranging the whole thing into a frame is not an easy task ... so that the composition is, and some content ...

ArelaV @ 08/30/07 14:11:22
About the moon, of course, it will be fun, just to balance the composition ... But this, if you specifically prepare a picture of the type for the competition or to the exhibition ... And so I brought about 750 pics from St. Petersburg - not everything has been processed yet - about art then (in winter) to think ...
And on the set there was no particular time to think about the composition - when people are jostling around with their elbows and the guide says that after 5 minutes the bus is leaving! ..

Pmaker
I also have a little Peter:
Attached Image

I rented it specially so that under a bridge not yet divorced in the distance I could see a little already divorced.

Post has been editedkochrob - 08.10.07, 22:42

Rep: (271)
Castle KarlЕЎtejn, Czech Republic.

Attached Image

BombilCalabasov @ 08/30/07 6:59:11 PM
The "castle" was shot well, one can say classically. Only here somehow pale, or something. Almost frontal sunlight highlighted everything and made the image as if flat, or something ... It seems to be well filmed, but there is some sense of disharmony. I would try adding color saturation. But I liked the St. Petersburg bridge - the moment is very well chosen - the sky is not lost, but echoes colors with water.

Attached Image

Post has been editedkochrob - 08.10.07, 23:11

Attached Image

When shooting during the day, I used a polarizing filter to increase the contrast of the sky - maybe that's why it looks like something unusually blue ... But I really don't like it when the sky is "no" at all, like milk ...

Post has been editedkochrob - 08.10.07, 22:34

BombilCalabasov, 08/30/2007 08:59:11
ArelaV , something you, colleague, is not the same with resize ... Quite a picture of some kind of "in a box". How do you resize?

Resize in the Shop under the size in pixels, the resolution of 96 ps / inch - for viewing on the monitor. If the size is more than 150 kB - I press on Advanced JPEG Compressor - probably, it gives distortions ... When viewing without increasing, I don’t see any squares on my monitor! ..
If you know the best way to customize pictures for site parameters - tell me ... :)
In the Catherine Palace:
Attached Image

Well, I think I made a better resize - rate it:
Legendary Aurora
Attached Image

ArelaV @ 08/31/07 11:24:53
in fact, the Aurora was illuminated by the Sun almost at a right angle, and on the other side, if it is darkened, then other details will go into the shadows ... For these cases, there is a Levels tool in Shrpa - there are Black and White pipettes there Here they are exposed to the maximum black level and maximum white, i.e. dynamic range (DD) of a photo. Therefore, if something is darkened, the other will become dark. There are, of course, several ways to expand DD, but that’s another conversation ...

Post has been editedkochrob - 09.10.07, 01:30

Rep: (271)
It’s a pity I didn’t have a trucker, Aurora’s front is normal only from a boat or from that shore to the front can be removed. I had to remove the back :)

Attached Image

ArelaV , do you have a CRT monitor? On them, the arts are not as visible, but on the LCD rod as mad. Resize to max. allowed size on one side, save with compression no more than 10%, and there will be norms. photo. And upload a panorama in an acceptable size and just give a link to it with the indication of the sizes for those who are on a moped.

Well, and this is how (approximately) the panorama of the House of Government looks like (it seems):
Attached Image

and here is the same panorama with a higher resolution (2.7 MB):
Attached Image

I will say right away - I glued it manually in Shope, for a long time, because no prog could glue it exactly ... :)
when resizing in Photoshop, you can choose from several different ways to recalculate pixels (lower Resample Image checkbox): simple drop, bilinear, bicubic, bicubic with blur, bicubic with sharpening. If there are many small details in the picture, then it makes sense to reduce the size using a bicubic blur, in order to later tighten the sharpness with a sharp. Those. need to experiment to achieve the best result.

Post has been editedkochrob - 09.10.07, 01:33

Rep: (0)
Fake church in the town for the filming of movies.

Attached Image

Rep: (7)
Attached Image

Post has been editedRecluse - 31.08.07, 16:37

ArelaV , night, and winter + cloudiness - there is basically nothing to blueness there :)
Attached Image

fintara , 8) thanks, I was told :) Although I do not believe: -Р 
Attached Image

Recluse , the plot, of course, is good, but when clouds like milk or rain drizzle, I'm waiting for the moment ... ... and it turns out like this (also winter, New Year):
Attached Image

Nymph. Haid Park. Not far from New-York.
Attached Image

ArelaV In the panorama, mine lacks one frame on the left for symmetry, or cut off on the right, also for symmetry, for I did not see anything that I shouldn’t cut to the right.

Nikon , no, photo paint can not ... There is a theme "sharing experience", there I laid out a simple and convenient program for pasting panoramas.

DnD_designer , the statue to the right collapses, on the first page of this topic BombilCalabasov wrote how to quickly and efficiently fix this with Photoshop.

Recluse , Photos are just lovely! But there’s still one drawback, I’m sitting with the PDA ... Please read the forum rules, because I’m not the only one I'm sitting with it ... But the photo is just super =)
I generally keep quiet about the rest of the “guests” of the forum, I have a 5-minute load on my PDA, to which I thank them so much ...

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 17/08/20, 8:17