USB On The Go (OTG) - discussion | [Technology]

Rep: (42)
USB On The Go (OTG) - discussion

Attached Image

OTG Technology Description
In our age, the age of technology, any information generally stored in electronic form, whether it be text files, photos, music, movies, ID As a general rule subject to storage acts usb flash drive. But for its use need a device with usb port, such as a computer, which is not always the case at hand, as opposed to the phone / smartphone / tablet, etc .. So how do you connect a USB flash drive and other devices (mouse, keyboard, joystick, printer, etc.) to our cellphone / smartphone / tablet etc. This will help us otg cable. What is OTG?
USB OTG (On-The-Go) is a further expansion of the USB 2.0 specification, designed to easily connect USB peripherals to each other without the need to connect to a PC. For example, to models of smartphones and phones that support USB OTG, you can connect some USB devices. Usually, these are flash drives, keyboards, mice, and other devices that do not require additional drivers.
Pinout and pin assignment
Attached Image
The first contact is power supply +5 Volt. Together with GND, it provides power for the device to be connected (flash drives, memory cards, etc.)
The second contact is Data-.
The third contact is Data +.
The fourth contact is an OTG contact. It closes with GND to transfer the smartphone / (any device supporting OTG with a similar pinout) to the host mode - supply to the voltage connector.
The fifth contact is the GND (Ground) contact.
Theme Assignment
Not all devices support OTG and, as a rule, support is not indicated in the specifications, so I created this topic. The topic will be a list of regular phones and smartphones that support this feature or do not support it.
Since there are a lot of phones and smartphones and I am not able to give a complete list due to the lack of information about support, let's do this: you answer the questions by numbering the list like mine:

1. Mark your device (fully).
  2. Does OTG work? (Yes it works, no it does not work). The phone is supplied with additional power or it works without additional power (i.e., you simply connect the OTG cable to the smartphone, or you have a Y-cable, the third end of which you connect to the power supply (computer port, external battery, USB hub that is connected power supply, etc.).
  3. The version of android with which you work OTG, or vice versa - does not work.
  4. What firmware do you have on your smartphone factory (stock) or third-party (custom)?
  5. The name and version of the kernel with which OTG works / does not work. Kernel stock or custom?

You can also write that I managed to connect via OTG: a USB flash drive (specify the file system), a mouse, a gamepad, etc. Upload photos, videos, descriptions, etc.
Next, a list will be compiled, which will be constantly updated. Please do not stand aside and help in the common cause. Answer the question from me +: happy: and: thank_you:
P.s .: if you notice that the model declared under the spoiler "Yes" does not support otg, please inform.

Useful

Supports OTG(initial otg support)
  • Acer:
    Acer e700 trio// version of android 4.4.2 with kernel 3.4.67 //

• Alcatel:
    Alcatel IDOL X// version of android 4.1 //

• ASUS:
    ASUS Fonepad 7 ME175CG 3G 8Gb// version of android 4.4.2 with the kernel 3.10.20, build KVT49LWW_FonePad-V5.4.2-20140822 //
    ASUS MeMo Pad ME302KL 32Gb// Android version 4.2.2 //
    ASUS PadFone Infinity 64Gb A80// Android version 4.1.2 //
    ASUS ZenFone Max Pro M1 (ZB602KL) 4 / 64Gb

• DEXP:
    DEXP Ursus 8EV// version of Android 4.2.2 //

• Digma:
    Digma LINX ATOM 3G

• Explay:
    Explay fresh
    Explay Informer 702// version of android 4.0.3 //
    Explay N1 Plus
    Explay vega

• Fly:
    Fly iq450// Android version 4.0.4 //

• Highscreen:
    Highscreen Boost 2

• Honor:
    Honor 9 lite// LLD-L31 stock Android 8.0

• HTC:
    HTC Desire 501 Dual Sim// Android version 4.1.1 //>>>
    HTC Desire 601
    HTC One// Android version 4.2.2 //
    HTC One Mini 16Gb
    HTC One S
    HTC One X// Android version 4.2.2 //

• Huawei:
    Huawei Ascend Mate// version of android 4.1.2 with the kernel 3.0.8.-00832-gb0648a9 //
    Huawei CPN L09

• ImPad:
    ImPad 8901

• Jiayu:
    Jiayu G2F
    Jiayu g4// Android version 4.2.1 //

• Lenovo:
    Lenovo K6 (K33a48)
    Lenovo K900// version of android 4.2 //
    Lenovo P770
    Lenovo P780// Android version 4.2.1 //
    Lenovo S860// Android version 4.4.2 //
    Lenovo Vibe S1

• LeEco:
    LeEco Le Pro 3

• LG:
    LG Google Nexus 5// version of android 4.4.4 //
    LG Optimus G F180L// Android version 4.1.2 //
    LG Optimus G Pro F240// Android version 4.1.2 //
    LG Optimus G2 D802// version of android 4.2.2 with kernel 3.4.0 //

• Meizu:
    Meizu MX2// Android version 4.1.2 //

• Micromax:
    Micromax Canvas A94

• Motorola:
    Motorola Moto G// Android version 4.4.3 //

• Nokia:
    Nokia 701
    Nokia 808
    Nokia C6-01
    Nokia C7-00
    Nokia E6
    Nokia Lumia 720
    Nokia Lumia 730/735// Windows 10 Mobile //
    Nokia Lumia 800
    Nokia Lumia 900
    Nokia N8
    Nokia X2-00
    Nokia X7
    Nomi i5010 Evo M

• Pipo:
    Pipo w1
    Pipo w2
    Pipo w3
    pipo W4
    Pipo w5
    pipo W6
    pipo W7

• Prology:
    Prology iMap 7275 Tab// Android version 4.1.2 //

• Samsung:
    Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 Neo// to mount the flash drive you need to install Total Commander //
    Samsung Galaxy J1 mini
    Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9200// Android version 4.2.2 //
    Samsung Galaxy Note N7000// version of android 2.3 //
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100// version of android 4.1 //
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900// Android version 4.4.2 //
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005// version of android 4.3 //
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C
    Samsung Galaxy S 2 I9100// Android version 4.1.2 //
    Samsung Galaxy S 3 I9300// Android version 4.0.4 //
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Active// Android version 4.2.2 //
    Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500// Android version 4.2.2 //
    Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
    Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930FD
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1// Android version 4.2.2 //
    Samsung Galaxy Tab E (SM-T561)

• Sony:
    Sony xperia acro s// Android version 4.0.4 //
    Sony Xperia C// Android version 4.2.2 with kernel 3.4.5 //
    Sony Xperia E3// Android version 4.4.2 //
    Sony Xperia Go ST27i// Android version 4.1.2 with kernel 3.0.8 //
    Sony Xperia GX// Android version 4.1.2 //
    Sony xperia m// Android version 4.1.2 //
    Sony Xperia Mini PRO SK17i// Android version 4.0.4 //
    Sony Xperia P LT22i// Android version 4.1.2 //
    Sony xperia s// Android version 4.1.2 //
    Sony Xperia SL// Android version 4.1.2 //
    Sony Xperia SP// Android version 4.1.2 //
    Sony Xperia SX// Android version 4.1.2 //
    Sony Xperia Tablet Z// Android version 4.2.2 //
    Sony xperia u// Android version 4.0.4 //
    Sony xperia v// Android version 4.1.2 //
    Sony xperia x// Android version 6.0+ //
    Sony Xperia XA// Android version 6.0+ //
    Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
    Sony Xperia Z// Android version 4.2.2 //
    Sony Xperia Z Ultra// Android version 4.2.2 //
    Sony Xperia Z1
    Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
    Sony Xperia ZL// version of android 4.1 //
    Sony Xperia ZR// Android version 4.1.2 //

• Sony Ericsson:
    Sony Ericsson Live With Walkman// version of android 2.3 and 4.0.4 //
    Sony Ericsson Xperia Active// version of android 2.3 //

• S-Tell:
    S-Tell M900i// Android version 4.2.2 //

• Turbo:
    Turbo X6 Z// Android version 4.2.2 //

• Uhans:
    Uhans A101

• Ulefone:
    Ulefone s8 Pro

• Xiaomi:
    Xiaomi Mi2S
    Xiaomi Mi3W// Android version 4.4.2 //
    Xiaomi Mi5S
    Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime// version 3/32, stock Android 6.0.1
    Xiaomi Redmi 4A// Android 7.1.2, stock
    Xiaomi Redmi 6A
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X// Snapdragon 625 3/16 stock MIUI9 Android 7.0 //

• ZTE:
    ZTE 967s / ZTE skate2// Android version 4.2.1 //
    ZTE V5 Red Bull V9180// Android version 4.3.2 and 4.4.2 //
    ZTE v987

Supports OTG, but ...(customization is required, or there are other nuances)
  • Asus:
    Asus memo pad hd7(requires additional power or connection via hub>>>
    Asus nexus 7(Requires installation of custom firmware Cyanogen Mod 11)

• Digma:
    Digma Plane 7.3 3G(OTG with external power supply does not support, but there is a chip, if you solder another cable on the 4th microusb port and put a button between the 4th and 5th contact, then you can successfully use the charging and release device, but not at the same time, turn on the button off, turn off the button goes to power)

• Highscreen:
    Highscreen Spark(extra power required)
    Highscreen Boost 2 SE(the wireless mouse works right away, and installing an additional program is required to mount the flash drive)

• HTC:
    HTC Desire 620G(requires custom firmware, more detailshere)
    HTC Desire 626G(Root and file creation required. Read morehere)
    HTC Desire 626G +(Root and file creation required. Read morehere)
    HTC Incredible S(custom firmware required, on the drain // android version 4.0.4 // does not work)
    HTC Sensation XE(version android 4.0.4., core - SebastianFM, requires additional power)

• Huawei:
    Huawei Honor U8860(OTG implemented inCM12)
    Huawei Nova Lite 2017 (SLA-L22)// works after the OTG through Ruth

• LG:
    LG Google Nexus 4 E960(a side kernel is required, for example, Franco (as an addition, it is possible to install the OTG recovery version (more reliable and stable, which works in the recovery menu), for simple copying / transfer between media) and additional power)
    LG Optimus G4 H522y// external power required.

• Micromax:
    Micromax D320// external power required.

• Motorola:
    Motorola ATRIX 4G// // 2.3.6 android version (requires external power supply)
    Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX xt912(only the keyboard and the mouse work and only with external power supply via the OTG-Y cable)

• Nokia:
    Nokia N900// to support OTG, you need to install a custom kernel and a program for managing OTG

• Philips:
    Philips Xenium S386// you need to add and edit the file android.hardware.usb.host.xml. Read morehere

• Samsung:
    Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100(Android version 4.1.2, for connecting powerful devices, additional power supply is required)
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190(additional power supply is required, details on the link >>> )
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini(Requires installation of custom firmware from Cyanogen Mod with installation of custom kernel f4ktion>>> )

• Sony:
    Sony xperia sola(it is necessary to update Android to version 4.0.4)
    Sony Xperia P(version 4.1 android, flash drive up to 2 GB works, but it needs to be mounted by third-party programs)

• Sony Ericsson:
    Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray ST18i(Root rights and installation of the program for mounting are required, for example USB Storage Manager>>> )

• Xiaomi:
    Xiaomi Redmi 4 Pro// work only stick

Does not support OTG(there is no support at all, or only at the moment, but it will probably appear)
  • Alcatel:
    Alcatel M-Pop
    Alcatel One Touch 4030
    Alcatel One Touch 5042D POP 2// version of android 4.4.4 with kernel 3.10.28 //
    Alcatel One Touch C5 5036D// Custom Android 4.2.2 (allegro slim) with linux kernel 3.4.5 //
    Alcatel One Touch Idol 2 Mini L 6014x
    Alcatel Pixi 4

• Bravis:
    Bravis A504 Trace

• Digma:
    Digma Linx A401 G3

• Explay:
    Explay diamond// version of android 4.2.2 with kernel 3.4.39 jenkins @ scm-builder1 # 1 tue mar 18 //

• Fly:
    Fly FS502
    Fly iq4410i

• Gigabyte:
    Gigabyte GSmart Mika M3// version of Android 4.4.2 stock with kernel 3.4.67 //

• Highscreen:
    Highscreen Alpha R// stock 3.4.5 4.2.1 V07 //
    Highscreen Pure J

• HLT:
    THL w100// Android version 4.2.2 //

• Honor:
    Honor 6a DLI TL20// stock android 7.0, kernel 3.18.31 //

• HTC:
    HTC Desire 310 dual sim// Android version 4.2.2 //
    HTC Touch 2
    HTC Wildfire S

• Huawei:
    Huawei Ascend G300 U8815
    Huawei Honor 3C

• Keneksi:
    Keneksi wind
    Keneksi flora
    Keneksi solo

• Leagoo:
    Leagoo M5

• Lenovo:
    Lenovo A390
    Lenovo A1010a20
    Lenovo S720
    Lenovo S820// Android version 4.2.1 //
    Lenovo Vibe Z K910L// version of android 4.4 //

• LG:
    LG L7 p705
    LG L9 P760// Android version 4.1.2 with kernel 3.0.31 //
    LG L90 D410// Android version 4.4.2 //
    LG Optimus L5 E612
    LG Optimus G E975

• Microsoft:
    Microsoft Lumia 1520// Windows Phone 8.1 //

• Philips:
    Philips Xenium W8510
    Philips W732
    Philips W832

• Prestigio:
    Prestigio MultiPhone 3400 DUO
    Prestigio MultiPhone 3540 DUO
    Prestigio MultiPhone 4040 DUO
    Prestigio MultiPhone 4044 DUO
    Prestigio Multiphone 4055 DUO
    Prestigio MultiPhone 4300 DUO
    Prestigio MultiPhone 4322 DUO
    Prestigio MultiPhone 4500 DUO
    Prestigio MultiPhone 4505 DUO
    Prestigio MultiPhone 5000 DUO
    Prestigio Multiphone 5044 DUO
    Prestigio MultiPhone 5300 DUO
    Prestigio Multiphone 5400 DUO
    Prestigio MultiPhone 5430
    Prestigio Multiphone 5500 DUO

• Samsung:
    Samsung Galaxy 580 GT-i9800
    Samsung Galaxy Ace 3// Android version 4.2.2 //
    Samsung Galaxy S Advance// Android version 4.1.2 //
    Samsung Galaxy S Duos
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini// version 4.2.2 with android kernel 3.4.0-933422 se.infra@SEP-129)) # 1 SMP PREEMPT //
    Samsung Galaxy Star Plus GT-S7262

• Sony:
    Sony xperia miro

• Vertex:
    Vertex Impress One

• ZTE:
    ZTE Blade 3 (T220)

• MTS:
    MTS 970

On most models with OC android supporting OTG, an android version 4.x.x is installed with a kernel version 3.x.x (versions can be viewed in the settings). But it happens that even with these characteristics there is no OTG support, therefore, if this function is important to you, then it is better to check its availability before purchasing.

Post has been editedbitas1998 - 31.05.20, 10:39
Reason for editing: Added new devices

Rep: (10)
Help me find an affordable analogue of the microcircuit in the USB power SOT23-5 package labeled I21T
LPW5206 / SY6280AAC / AP811 - I can’t find it on sale yet, it's long and expensive from the Chinese.
Advise a replacement

By the way, the converter 3.3v ->5v used available in all stores LM2731

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been edited1paha11 - 26.01.13, 15:08

Rep: (3)
Good evening. The other day, I became interested in USB otg for my nexus 4. The problem is that I don’t know how many ohms to set the resistor to 4 and 5 contact. 4 pda write that 10 ohms. For MHL you need about 90 kOhms! I took the otg adapter from the tablet Tab 1 from my brother. The multimeter shows the resistance of the resistor only in 2000k mode, where it gives the number 0.2. At 200k and below shows nothing, that is, it gives a unit to the left.

I can not figure out how many ohms you need for a circuit.

If you think about it, then each device eats an amp as much as it needs. Yes, and each device has a certain amount of voltage output. Then the resistance can be chosen according to the school formula I = U / R. You need to find out the voltage that the nexus 4 gives out and calculate the maximum number of Amperes you need. Calculate the border taking the example of HDD.
There will be resistance.

But it seems to me that everything is easier. Is it so?

Rep: (1955)
51095 @ 18.03.2013, 23:32 *
The multimeter shows the resistance of the resistor only in 2000k mode, where it gives the number 0.2. At 200k and below shows nothing

Conclusion - it means there is no resistor. Unless, of course, everything is measured correctly.

Ahah) I measured exactly the resistor)
otg Samsung tab 1
Attached Image

Rep: (1955)
51095 @ 18.03.2013, 23:59 *
Ahah) I measured exactly the resistor)

Well, judging by the above, I wanted, but I could not ...))
What color stripes on it?http://www.radiodetali.com/article/resistor/resistor.htm

Rep: (36)
I think that there is no need to put a 10 Ohm resistor, it is enough just to bridge the 4 and 5 pins of the connector

There, in order not to burn the device. Or put the toggle switch, but it is not convenient

Rep: (20)
51095 @ 19.03.2013, 09:21 *
There, in order not to burn the device. Or put the toggle switch, but it is not convenient

The Chinese do and do not burn anything, you burn.

Rep: (2)
It so happened, I became the proud owner of this device

Attached Image

CRESTA CTP 810

And it seems to work well for its money ($ 100), but a sad defect was discovered (or the manufacturers might have conceived it). There is a full USB connector (OTG) on board that immediately wanted to connect a USB flash drive, Screw, 3G, etc. but unfortunately the tablet saw only the mouse and keyboard, and when connecting other devices, it hung tight or did not react at all. (((

In this topic, I want to describe how I achieved a normal connection of flash drives, and any other devices.

Inside, the animal turned out to be an ordinary Chinese, even though it was produced by a Dutch company.
Attached Image

After a detailed study of the insides of the device, it turned out that the power coming to the port is not at all 5 volts but just 3.7. (sad)

It was possible to make external power from a flash drive from charging (there was just 5 in.) As described in many forums. But then the flash drive can only be used stationary, and this is no longer good.
Rummaged through the Internet and not finding the scheme of the device, he decided to make a dc-dc converter (from 3.7 to 5) and place it inside the animal.

The board itself could be soldered, but it was too lazy to go for the details, so I took the converter's handkerchief from portable charging. We unsolder the board itself and see where the contacts go. On those contacts where the battery is soldered, you must submit 3.7 and where the connector gets 5 in., Everything is logical.
Attached Image

That's the way a miniature circuit for charging, it is suitable for our case
http://me1.at.ua/publ/1-1-0-5

But the finished version
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__788...rSearch=booster

Solder the input (3.7 in) shawls to the tablet ("+" and "-"). You can solder to the same USB (I will be powered by the WI-FI module, it was also 3.7 in.) We tilt the USB connector of the “+” connector from the native power supply. I just cut the track with a stationery knife (at any time you can solder everything back as it was). And solder the exit handkerchiefs to this leg (at the exit, I soldered only “+” Since the minus is common).

Attached Image

Attached Image

Hooray! The connector is now 5 volts.

Everything is now left to put the scarf inside. Its envelope allowed to shove it between the battery and the mat. Board and secure on double-sided tape.
We collect and check. Immediately after connecting the flash drive, she blinked happily, and the system recognized the Flash drive. Profit The 3G USB modem was also tested, which the system determined without any complaints.

Attached Image

There is no complete process, everything is shot after installation. Sorry for the quality of photos.

On other devices, you can repeat a similar operation, also with a mini USB, look for instructions on disassembling your devices on the Internet.

All that is written here is not an instruction, the author is not responsible for the damage done to your device.

My first post, do not kick much.

Post has been editedbitas1998 - 29.03.18, 18:54
Reason for editing: Hid images under spoiler

Rep: (426)
1. LG E960 Google Nexus 4
2. Yes, with external power, with a different core
3. 4.3
4. Stock
5. 3.4.0-perf-gf43c3d9 # 1

Rep: (40)
1. Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
2. YES for low-power devices, if there is an active (with additional power) USB-hub - all other peripherals.
3. 4.1.2 stock.

Rep: (426)
Boris 777,
Correct the information, please, on the nexus 4. I misunderstood the essence of the answers by the points:
3. Android version - does not matter, but you can activate it even on the stock firmware.
5. 3.4.0-perf-gf43c3d9 # 1 - This is a stock kernel, which I have installed, and which does not support OTG. We need another, for example the core of Franco.
And as a supplement, it is possible to install the OTG recovery version (more reliable and stable, which works in the recovery menu), for simple copying / transfer between media.
Otherwise, everything is OK. Once again, I apologize for being misleading. ;)

Rep: (42)
Arman Kirakosyan , thanks for the help, thank you very much: thank_you:

Rep: (50)
Boris 777 @ 09/07/2013, 01:24*
1. Mark your device (fully) and OTG support (yes or no
2. OTG works with external power or not (additional power is supplied to the phone or not)
3. The version of android with which you work OTG, or vice versa does not work
4. What firmware do you have on your smartphone factory (stock) or third-party (custom)
5. The name and version of the kernel with which OTG works / does not work and the kernel is stock or custom.

Tablets rolled?
1. Sony xperia tablet Z
2. Without any special stages
3-5 Any stock.
+ smartphone
1. Sony xperia S
2. Without any special stages (but not all pulls)
3-5 Any stock

Rep: (0)
Try SY6280 price 0.5 Evra in my tablet, the isolation of the USB power on it is basic.

Rep: (30)
ADD to the cap
OTG is missing:
Prestigio Multiphone 5044 DUO
Prestigio Multiphone 5400 DUO
Prestigio Multiphone 4055 DUO
Prestigio MultiPhone 5300 DUO
Prestigio MultiPhone 4044 DUO
Prestigio Multiphone 5500 DUO
Prestigio MultiPhone 4322 DUO
Prestigio MultiPhone 4500 DUO
Prestigio MultiPhone 5000 DUO
Prestigio MultiPhone 4505 DUO
Prestigio MultiPhone 4040 DUO
Prestigio MultiPhone 5430
Prestigio MultiPhone 4300 DUO
Prestigio MultiPhone 3540 DUO

Posted on 10/21/2013, 5:13 PM:

NOTE: on most models with OC android that support OTG, Android version 4.x.x is installed with kernel version 3.x.x (versions can be viewed in the settings). Perhaps these characteristics are the minimum requirements for otg work, although I may be mistaken.
You can be wrong. I have no Android v4.1.1 kernel version 3.4.0 OTG

Post has been editedAndroider v4.1.1 - 21.10.13, 17:14

Rep: (879)
Arman Kirakosyan OTG can not be called, because it is not supported by "iron". they deceived the nexus, he thinks that he is connected to the BB (at the same time the power to the flash drive is fed through the Y cable).

Rep: (12)
Sony Xperia C stock firmware on Android 4.2.2 with kernel 3.4.5 is a contact!

Rep: (2)
Philips Xenium W8510 OTG is missing. There are many reports that this OTG model does not support, there is no support for OTG in the official specification. Support in the MTK MT6589 processor itself: --- (Google translation from the bourgeois forum) OTG is supported, but depends on if it is included in the OS. Not all phones with these chipsets will be included.

With the help of a tambourine, I did not see people who raised OTG on this model-mention, I dug up the whole Internet.

Rep: (49)
OTG is missing:
Lenovo S720
Philips W732
LG Optimus G E975

OTG works:
1. Xiaomi Mi2S
2. Without add. power supply
3-5 Any stock.

1. Lenovo P780
3-5 Any stock.

1. Sony Xperia U
3-5 Any runoff from Android 4.0.4, but does not work with all connected devices, sometimes you have to reboot the device.

Post has been editeddbish - 24.10.13, 08:58

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 13/07/20, 13:36