TP-Link TL-WR741ND - Discussion | [wifirouter] Discussion, settings, problem solving

Rep: (1979)
TP-Link TL-WR741ND- Discussion

Attached Image

The forum decided to post images under the spoiler Attached Image

A photo
Attached ImageAttached Image
Description
TL-WR741ND - is a combined wired / wireless network device that provides shared Internet access and combines the functions of a router and 4-port switch. This router uses 802.11n technology and is compatible with all devices that support 802.11b and 802.11g standards. It provides data rates up to 150 Mbit / s, which is significantly superior to devices based on the rate of 11g standard, and allows you to enjoy applications such as streaming video, IP-telephony and online games anywhere in your home or office. Experience all the benefits of 11n technology with TP-LINK wireless devices!
Specifications
Hardware
Ports 4 10/100 Mbps LAN port
1 10/100 Mbps WAN port
Buttons Quick Protection Setting Button (QSS)
Reset button
External power supply 9V DC. current / 0,6A
Standards of wireless data transmission IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b
Antenna 5dBi detachable omni-directional antenna
Size (WxDxH) 174 x 118 x 33 mm
Parameters of the wireless module
The frequency range of 2.4-2.4835 GHz
Skoroct signaling 11n: up to 150 Mbit / s (dynamic)
11g: up to 54 Mbps (dynamic)
11b: up to 11 Mbps (dynamic)
EIRP (Wireless Power)<20dBm (EIRP)
The sensitivity of the (receiving) 130M: -68 dBm at 10% PER
108M: -68 dBm with 10% PER
54M: -68 dBm with 10% PER
11M: -85 dBm at 8% PER
6M: -88 dBm with 10% PER
1M: -90 dBm at 8% PER
Wireless functions Enable / Disable broadcast, WDS bridge, WMM, Statistics
Wireless protection 64/128/152-bit WEP / WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK
Software features
WAN Connection Type Dynamic IP / Static IP / PPPoE / PPTP (Dual Access) / L2TP (Dual Access) / BigPond
DHCP Server, Client, DHCP Client List, Address Reservation
QoS (Quality of Service) WMM, Bandwidth Control
Port Forwarding Virtual Server, Port Launch, UPnP, DMZ
Dynamic DNS DynDns, Comexe, NO-IP
VPN pass-through PPTP, L2TP, IPSec (ESP Head)
Access Control Parental Control, Local Control, Host List, Access Schedule, Rules Management
Network security (firewall) DoS, SPI firewall
Filtering by IP Addresses Filtering by MAC Addresses Domain Filter
Binding IP and MAC addresses
Management Access Control
Office in place
Remote control
Other
Certificates CE, FCC, RoHS
Package Contents TL-WR741ND
1 removable omnidirectional antenna
Power Supply
Information disc
Quick Installation Guide
System Requirements MicrosoftВ® WindowsВ® 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista в„ў or Windows 7, MACВ® OS, NetWareВ®, UNIXВ® or Linux.
Environmental Parameters Operating Temperature: 0 ℃ ~ 40 ℃ (32 ~ 104 ℉)
Storage temperature: -40 ℃ ~ 70 ℃ (-40 ℉ ~ 158 ℉)
Humidity (operating mode): 10% ~ 90% non-condensing
Humidity (during storage): 5% ~ 90% non-condensing
http://www.tp-link.ua/...&model=TL-WR741ND#spec
Firmware
useful links

Topic Curator: Topic with no curator

Post has been editedM | A | G - 04.04.20, 23:57
Reason for editing: manual recovery

Rep: (7)
ahadzzz @ 03.11.2014, 00:41*
Who knows what the problem may be? Or are there ways to find her?

Change the wi-fi channel of the router and the width of the stream

Rep: (360)
* Moiis
In theory, yes ...
The purpose of the firmware update or change the official to third-party?
The firmware process is simple, first the firmware file is uploaded to the router, and only then the router is flashing itself.

I want to update: rolleyes: Since the purchase, it has not been updated since May 2013. And if you replace the antenna from 5dBi to 8dBi the signal quality will improve? or just a radius?

Post has been editedMoiis - 15.01.15, 22:27

* Moiis
Special arrival should not wait when replacing the antenna.
And the firmware is better to change to third-party.

* -SunLion-,
namely what? And what are the advantages of third-party firmware?

* Moiis
for example dd-wrt

Rep: (0)
I used WR741ND v4 for about 10 months without the slightest criticism of it ... but nothing lasts forever. About two weeks ago, the beginning of persistently disappearing the Internet connection via WiFi channel while the PC connected via the LAN quietly sees the Internet. WiFi is only connected to the lenovo s650 smartphone (at first it was all about it).
WiFi can simply shut down for some time that my network is not visible, may be absent when the visible network of Internet and it is impossible to enter the router menu with the phone. Off / on WiFi on your phone or leads to the fact that the router is invisible, visible but the router receives from his ip does not come out well, and for a change yet have a connection. The phone without problems konekt to barely smoldering signal (-90 bd) sometimes see an open network. By tomuzhe noted that the signal power from the router has become less and even near connection with the router rarely exceeds 11 mbps.
The manual registration of the ip of the phone, gateway and dns in the phone partially helped against the Internet dump, but it became less likely to disconnect the router’s signal strength.
The router has the latest Russian official firmware, dhcp is configured to issue three ip by Macs, the WiFi connection class is the author, the width of the channels is also static channel (changing channels did not affect the problem).
If koto knows how to solve such a problem or write down its reason, I will be very grateful.

* Boyarinc,
Try to replace the power supply of the router, as well as disassemble the router and see if there are any swollen capacitors on the PCB.

Post has been edited-SunLion- - 27.01.15, 08:39

Good day to all!!! Sori for offtopic! But the break the Internet (may be difficult digging of course))) and a problem to solve your can not have the device tp-link wr741nd, he burned wan port, alter on openwrt, pernaznachil port, set up, but the mind can not bring the matter is if a router is connected PC via cable, on your tablet, your phone is connected to the router can not, unless the contrary is first connected by wi-fi and then turn on the PC, the PC is left without Internet, do not want the router to work more than one consumer out if who faced - please help! What am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance!!!
M
Check outForum Rules!
4.5. Creating duplicate messages and topics is prohibited.
If you mistakenly created a topic or message in the wrong section where you planned (or realized the wrong choice), do not create similar topics or messages in another section. Contact the moderator - he will transfer your topic or message to the correct section.

Post has been edited-SunLion- - 12.02.15, 21:21

* Tocamak
Difficult to say remotely.
Lay out at least logs for clarity and a link to the instructions on which the port reassigned.
Option for dd-wrt -TP-Link WR1043nd - Discussion (Post -SunLion- # 37842882)

Post has been edited-SunLion- - 16.02.15, 08:23
Reason for editing: Link

Rep: (82)
If anyone came across - I ask for help! What am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance!!!
Most likely the plug is here / etc / config / network
And just do it, countryman, the network is full of information. Some native TP-Link firmware have the function of a bridge between the LAN and WAN with the help of it can be solved.
On openwrt seehereandhere
By the wayHEREThe person solved the problem on the native TL-WR741ND firmware.
ButHEREDescribes the option of obtaining the Internet through the LAN ports on the OpenWRT firmware TP-Link TL-WR741ND through commands.

Post has been edited-SunLion- - 16.02.15, 08:21
Reason for editing: Combined posts

* -SunLion-,

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately the change of power supply did not help, the problem remained, but didn’t disassemble it because the warranty period had not expired.
But the decision is still found: I stitched a third-party firmwareDD-WRT 04-18-2014-r23919 and now 2 days no WiFi connection failure between the router and the smartphone.
Initially, I installed the latest version 12-22-2014-r25697, but it blocked ping between LAN ports, and it was impossible to use a cable connection between a PC and a TV.
P.S. Oh, there are not enough messages on the forum to put a plus sign.

* Boyarinc,
It is necessary to look at the settings, it does not block anything.

* -SunLion-,
I read several pages on various forums dedicated to this topic - they say everywhere that in DD-WRT 05-23-2014-r24118 there is an error in the operation of LAN ports, they do not see each other in general, but in the direction of WiFi-LAN everything is in order, IP respond without problems. Apparently, this error passed to all subsequent versions of DD-WRT, or at least the last two versions of 2014, which I first tried.
Of course I would like to deliver the latest version but I did not find a solution to the problem.
However, I didn’t notice the difference between the latest versions of DD-WRT and 04-18-2014-r23919, except for the working LANs and a slightly different translation, the load on the router's processor, the quality of WiFi and the packet delay is the same.

* Boyarinc,
I have 1043 v1 and stood 25697 since the release (12/22/2014) for 1.5 months, nas, player, tv and PS3 are connected to the router by wire, this problem was absent

* -SunLion-,
PutDD-WRT 02-04-2015-r26138 On your WR741ND V4.22, the problem immediately arose again, the LANs do not see each other ... you can see that the programmer did not take into account something in the scripts.
After a brief search on the DD-WRT forum, I found a solution. The problem was that there was no VLAn between LAN 1-4.

Global attributes:
enable_vlan: 0

solution (can someone come in handy so as not to look for yourself):
In the menu of the router: Administration / Commands
enter the code:

swconfig dev eth1 set enable_vlan 1
swconfig dev eth1 set apply

(eth1 - LAN interface)

Click Save Startup Parameters and reload the router.
After restarting there is ping between LAN ports, packets are passing))

* Boyarinc,
As an option, you can go to the hidden web page of the router settings interface
192.168.1.1/Vlan.asp
and do the same through a graphical interface.
(192.168.1.1 - address of the router)

Post has been edited-SunLion- - 20.02.15, 06:39

* -SunLion-,
I went to /Vlan.asp, even before the console commands nashol, only it is not clear how to configure.
LAN 1-4 ports are ticked in VLAN 0, the destination over the bridge is NO. Earlier, I changed my assignment on - LAN, so nothing came of it.

Rep: (53)
Greetings.

How on this router to prohibit by poppy address or ip (with ip connection by poppy) to connect the computer to the network? Suppose there is filtering in the wifa, and if the villain has a wire stuck in the lan port? How to be?

* DiKatz
Well, if someone has physical access to the router ...
As an option - limit the number of ip addresses issued by the router and bind each to a specific device by MAC.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 17/07/20, 22:25