TP-Link TL-WR741ND - Discussion | [wifirouter] Discussion, settings, problem solving

Rep: (1982)
TP-Link TL-WR741ND- Discussion

Attached Image

The forum decided to post images under the spoiler Attached Image

A photo
Attached ImageAttached Image
Description
TL-WR741ND - is a combined wired / wireless network device that provides shared Internet access and combines the functions of a router and 4-port switch. This router uses 802.11n technology and is compatible with all devices that support 802.11b and 802.11g standards. It provides data rates up to 150 Mbit / s, which is significantly superior to devices based on the rate of 11g standard, and allows you to enjoy applications such as streaming video, IP-telephony and online games anywhere in your home or office. Experience all the benefits of 11n technology with TP-LINK wireless devices!
Specifications
Hardware
Ports 4 10/100 Mbps LAN port
1 10/100 Mbps WAN port
Buttons Quick Protection Setting Button (QSS)
Reset button
External power supply 9V DC. current / 0,6A
Standards of wireless data transmission IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b
Antenna 5dBi detachable omni-directional antenna
Size (WxDxH) 174 x 118 x 33 mm
Parameters of the wireless module
The frequency range of 2.4-2.4835 GHz
Skoroct signaling 11n: up to 150 Mbit / s (dynamic)
11g: up to 54 Mbps (dynamic)
11b: up to 11 Mbps (dynamic)
EIRP (Wireless Power)<20dBm (EIRP)
The sensitivity of the (receiving) 130M: -68 dBm at 10% PER
108M: -68 dBm with 10% PER
54M: -68 dBm with 10% PER
11M: -85 dBm at 8% PER
6M: -88 dBm with 10% PER
1M: -90 dBm at 8% PER
Wireless functions Enable / Disable broadcast, WDS bridge, WMM, Statistics
Wireless protection 64/128/152-bit WEP / WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK
Software features
WAN Connection Type Dynamic IP / Static IP / PPPoE / PPTP (Dual Access) / L2TP (Dual Access) / BigPond
DHCP Server, Client, DHCP Client List, Address Reservation
QoS (Quality of Service) WMM, Bandwidth Control
Port Forwarding Virtual Server, Port Launch, UPnP, DMZ
Dynamic DNS DynDns, Comexe, NO-IP
VPN pass-through PPTP, L2TP, IPSec (ESP Head)
Access Control Parental Control, Local Control, Host List, Access Schedule, Rules Management
Network security (firewall) DoS, SPI firewall
Filtering by IP Addresses Filtering by MAC Addresses Domain Filter
Binding IP and MAC addresses
Management Access Control
Office in place
Remote control
Other
Certificates CE, FCC, RoHS
Package Contents TL-WR741ND
1 removable omnidirectional antenna
Power Supply
Information disc
Quick Installation Guide
System Requirements MicrosoftВ® WindowsВ® 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista в„ў or Windows 7, MACВ® OS, NetWareВ®, UNIXВ® or Linux.
Environmental Parameters Operating Temperature: 0 ℃ ~ 40 ℃ (32 ~ 104 ℉)
Storage temperature: -40 ℃ ~ 70 ℃ (-40 ℉ ~ 158 ℉)
Humidity (operating mode): 10% ~ 90% non-condensing
Humidity (during storage): 5% ~ 90% non-condensing
http://www.tp-link.ua/...&model=TL-WR741ND#spec
Firmware
useful links

Topic Curator: Topic with no curator

Post has been editedM | A | G - 04.04.20, 23:57
Reason for editing: manual recovery

Rep: (0)
I do not know what the problem is in the router or phone, but decided to create a theme here.
I bought, set up, 2 iPads, 2 computers and poor nexus 4 (android 4.3), the flight is normal and I was even surprised that everything was without any special problems. But the next day I noticed that the phone was connected but the Internet was not working (even entering its settings by entering 192.168.0.1 does not enter), although everything else is connected and there is an Internet connection. Restarting the router and the phone did not help. The next day, everything was connected to the Internet, but the same problem again in the evening.
In the settings dhcp ip changed the initial and the final ip so that the router did not give the address of the body that he had before, and such as the Internet emerged. Then he decided to re-set the old ip, and as expected, this phone is assigned a non-working internet ip and no again. Then he decided to once again change the ip to Inet appeared but this time put the validity of the address 1 minute. Exactly one minute internet disappeared although iPads all summer. Next, I put the work to the maximum and ip manually set ip on the phone, there was an Internet. Then again, I set automatically obtain addresses, phone has been assigned to the old non-working ip but this time the Internet has already earned. Turn off, I turn it again no wifi. In the end, I was confused how the system works. Why iPads and Comp as that drummed on everything that I was doing (in all cases they had internet). Please tell me what the problem is.
I apologize for the spelling and punctuation, I was in a hurry)

Post has been editeddolbydigital5.1 - 29.08.13, 00:18

Understood ?? if not, here is the linkhttp: //savagemessiahzine.com/2013/08/17/111620/
there it is specifically described that yes how)) In general, we are waiting for 15.10 ...
There is really another problem with wi-fi, but so far I have only noticed on tp-link 1043 (2 pieces), when connected, it puts the router on the paddles ....

That's the thing, after flashing to dd-wrt, the computer stopped seeing the router at all, the maximum it achieved (after clamping the reset button in the off state and turning it on with the button pressed) the computer saw the router, but nothing more ... I can’t enter the menu , neither flash nor like in any firmware ... can anyone come across ...

Rep: (2)
mc_vlad what firmware flooded?

Rep: (97)
ddvrt ip can change the start.
741 are very different revisions, you did not slam it, not with your release then?
In general, they have a heater inside, dullness due to overheating is not uncommon.
Shl. And dhcp they have a glamorous threshing floor from them and now.

Rep: (1)
Good afternoon, such a problem, a stationary system unit is connected via a cable from a wi-fi router, the fact is that when you use the Internet through this computer, the signal but the air on other devices falls off, the problem appeared after switching from win7 to win8

Rep: (2729)
when you use the Internet through this computer, the signal but the air on other devices falls off
Wrongly configured something in the router itself.

I have this problem, the router gives you an Internet connection, but does not want to use the cable (it worked for almost two years, everything was ok). And one more, the empty port flashes.

Can anyone come across this, thanks in advance.

Rep: (-1)
Right now I have to etogo 2 of the same burned

Ports they burn physically. As an option in the computer in the properties of the network, give speed not automatically, but for example 100 or 10 mb duplex \ half duplex and see if it’s ping \ connection

Rep: (2)
WI-FI router forFTTB: TP-LINK TL-WR741ND

The problem is this: About 5 devices work on it,very often the signal stupidly disappears, helps to turn off / on the router, and then all over again.
I called technical support, changed the port from the wire, but nothing helped. I took from my friend the same modem, it seems the same thing ...
Before that, there was an ADSL Wi-Fi router, everything was fine.

For your note: The only thing that changed in the router is a more enhanced antenna (also TP-LINK)
The firmware in the router is the last. With a direct connection of the wire to the computer, everything works without disruption.
Noticed that the simultaneous load from the devices can lead to a breakdown ... but this is not accurate.
PS Neighbors assert that they have everything ok with ethernet ...

Who knows what the problem may be? Or are there ways to find her?
I would be very grateful for help !!!!!!

Post has been editedahadzzz - 10.03.14, 23:54

Good afternoon, many dear forum users!
Question # 1

I downloaded the source, which files do I need to edit to change the name of the web interface!?

Question # 2

How and what needs to be changed so that this (future firmware) works only under one provider (let's say lock it up)?

thank you in advance

Ahadzzz, change the router. True. Budget 800r. sea.

Rep: (5)
Good day, tell me how to check on the performance of the router? I did that in this do not understand. The fact is that if you connect the cable to the system unit Internet is, and when you connect the router, the router in the menu is written nastroyek cable is not connected, which subtract what you need from the command prompt, type ping192.168.1.1, black window opens and after a few seconds closes when you turn off the router in this window is written "no response", familiar advised to call the support provider, there may be a lock set. We moved to another apartment, before the router was working fine, when cables are trying to master the router to connect, but it did not work, and for the first time you set up the router was able to connect a third day at random.

Post has been editedmain_acount - 03.09.14, 09:42

* main_acount
Like that -TP-Link TL-WR841 (Post # 33965797)(ip you also 192.168.0.1 so do everything exactly)
Manual for your router -http://www.tp-link.ua/…uide_1910010660_EN.pdf

Hello. Help is needed! Something happened to my TP-Link TL-WR741ND router. It worked fine, and now when turned on, the first 2 LEDs light up. After a couple of seconds, the Wi-Fi LED, the first computer and the Internet light up. Although the cable is not inserted in any of the ports. To the web interface can not connect either by cable or WI-FI. Can I do something with it or just throw it away?

Maxon_88 @ 09/03/2014, 19:38*
something can be done with it

Reset, and if possible, reflash, if it does not help then to the dump.

Reset does not help. And I don’t know how to reflash how to log in to the web interface.

Rep: (360)
* Maxon_88,
Do not connect to the wifi network?

Rep: (7)
Is it possible to flash the router using an android device with a lan output?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 08/07/20, 1:07