TP-Link TL-WR841 - Discussion | [wifirouter] Discussion, firmware, problem solving

Rep: (1990)
TP-Link TL-WR841N / ND- Discussion

Attached Image

The forum decided to post images under the spoiler Attached Image

A photo:
Attached ImageAttached Image
Description:
Wireless TL-WR841N router is a combined wired / wireless network device intended for use in small and home offices. Using 2T2R MIMO technology, TL-WR841N allows you to create a network with ultra-high data transfer speed, thanks to which it is possible to use online high-definition video, using IP telephony and online games without delay and connection breaks. The device is made in a stylish case and is equipped with a WPS button to quickly install WPA2.
Specifications:
Offsite specifications

Hardware
Interface 4 10/100 Mbit / s LAN port
1 10/100 Mbps WAN port
Buttons Quick Protection Setting Button (QSS)
Reset button
External power supply 9V DC. current / 0,6A
Standards of wireless data transmission IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b
Antenna 5dbi * 2 fixed omnidirectional antennas
Dimensions (WxLxH) 192 x 130 x 33 mm
Parameters of the wireless module
The frequency range of 2.4-2.4835 GHz
11n signaling speed: up to 300 Mbps (dynamic)
11g: up to 54 Mbps (dynamic)
11b: up to 11 Mbps (dynamic)
EIRP (Wireless Power)<20dBm (EIRP)
Sensitivity (reception) 270M: -68 dBm with 10% PER
130M: -68 dBm with 10% PER
108M: -68 dBm with 10% PER
54M: -68 dBm with 10% PER
11M: -85 dBm at 8% PER
6M: -88 dBm with 10% PER
1M: -90 dBm at 8% PER
Wireless functions Enable / Disable broadcast, WDS bridge, WMM, Statistics
Wireless network protection 64/128/152-bit WEP / WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK
Wireless network 64/128/152-bit WEP / WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK
Software features
WAN connection type Dynamic IP / Static IP / PPPoE / PPTP / L2TP / BigPond
DHCP Server, Client, List of DHCP clients,
Address Reservation
QoS (traffic prioritization) WMM, Bandwidth Control
Port Forwarding Virtual Server, Port Launch, UPnP, DMZ
Dynamic DNS DynDns, Comexe, NO-IP
VPN traffic pass PPTP, L2TP, IPSec (ESP Head)
Access control Parental control, local control, list of nodes, access schedule, rule management
Network security (firewall) DoS, SPI firewall
Filtering by IP Addresses / Filtering by MAC Addresses / Domain Filter
Binding IP and MAC addresses
Management Access Control
Office in place
Remote control
Other
CE, FCC, RoHS certification
Scope of Delivery Wireless Router TL-WR841N
External power supply
CD with materials
Quick Installation Guide
System Requirements MicrosoftВ® WindowsВ® 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista в„ў or Windows 7, MACВ® OS, NetWareВ®, UNIXВ® or Linux
Environmental Parameters Operating Temperature: 0 в„ѓ ~ 40
Storage temperature: -40 в„ѓ ~ 70 в„ѓ
Humidity (operating mode): 10% ~ 90% non-condensing
Humidity (during storage): 5% ~ 90% non-condensing
Firmware
Useful links:

Post has been editedstp101 - 24.12.20, 02:53
Reason for editing: OpenWRT 19.07.5 V8, V11

Rep: (247)
Mac Guru @ 04/06/2014, 23:29*
On wifi wedges?
And while watching a video, sometimes everything goes crazy on YouTube))

In general, I flashed it (updated), while everything seems to be fine, test

Rep: (5)
Good day. This poblemma cuts speed when watching IPTV on TV.
Tell me what you can do? Can reflash it with something.

Rep: (2)
There is a routerTP-link WR841NDconnected to an Internet via PPPOE dynamic ip. A computer with a printer is connected to it. Task: to use the printer from any device through the Internet. The router has the no-ip service installed. But how to use it? Help who can ...

Post has been editedShoore - 28.04.14, 18:33
Reason for editing: moved from closed topic

Rep: (2735)
OffhandI see an option only with raising the VPN on a computer with a printer.

Grentan @ 04/28/2014, 6:04 PM*
connected computer with printer
The computer is superfluous, the router can print server.
Grentan @ 04/28/2014, 6:04 PM*
The router has the no-ip service installed. But how to use it?
Here is, for example, and below.

Rep: (1)
Which region to choose in the settings for the best signal or not?http://prntscr.com/3szhnr
Picture

Post has been editedpostal-crazy - 15.06.14, 12:14

Rep: (17)
Who solved the problem with a sharp speed 841N v.8 on the wafer
There is an Internet 80 / 80mb real speed on the wafer 20/26 (Kyivstar Ukraine)
The router is flashed with the most recent prosh .... head already broke!

Rep: (2)
People, I have a problem. It was always, but it took it only now. Suppose I sit on the Internet via Wi-Fi. It seems everything works, but after some time glitches begin, and then no sites are loaded at all (the question mark appears on Windows near the Wi-Fi icon) and simply does not load sites on the phone and tablet, but it is connected to Wi-Fi. In the settings, everything is worth the right, firmware from the website of the site is the newest. Helps with such a problem only rebooting the router. And now, when the Internet is hung, the yellow question mark appeared, I tried to insert a cable in the lan lapto from the LAN port. And then everything works as it should. But the Wi-Fi does not work. And now only reboot will help. How to fix, people? Or all life to suffer? V8, Connect Beeline Russia L2TP

Rep: (97)
Mcrival who decided - changed the router. 89 on wifi from this you will not wait. And without the knowledge of your devices that are connected and even more so ..

Sister bought tplink tl-wr841n V8.
Provider AIST Togliatti (PPTP).
They tried to raise PPTP - which is on their native firmware, and that on DD-WRT to no avail.
(only the ip of the internal network is received by the stork 10.10.10. *).
There is a cyclic connection, but it does not connect.
What is a device marriage? DD-WRT cannot be flashed to the sink (I found the firmware, but it does not work).
If you carry in the service in this form - would they say that they themselves broke and did not guarantee the case?

Rep: (0)
Good day, about 2 years ago there was such a problem as the loss of the Internet, the speed drops.
Tariff declared speed = 100 mb. Through the cable produces 100 mb.
The actions I carried out: There was a first 741 router and there was another laptop (asus), it all started on it.
I changed the laptop (not because of this), the problem remained the same. I changed the router to 841, the problem remained the same.
The same problems if I connect up to my neighbor 2 floors above.
He has a different provider.
As a result, I changed the router, I changed the laptop = I did not get any result. I repeat, it gives out 100 mb from the cable.
Help out, comrades. I do not know what to do, for 2 years, such anguish: (

* FromJoker,
Real download speed via WIFI = connection speed to the router / 2.
In other words, if you connect 54 Mbps, the download speed will be approximately 23 Mbps / 8 = 2.9MB / s.
How much do you have ?

Right now, I'm sitting, everything is fine with the Internet, yesterday I downloaded a torrent of 7mb / sec. It works fine, gives out at speed test = 70mb or more, and it can not be more than 1 mb. min 5-10 with torrent via wi-fi.
Changed modes between 11 g only, 11 bgn, 11 n, works best - 11 g only

Post has been editedFromJoker - 14.08.14, 23:07

Good evening! Tell me, are there any differences between TP-Link TL-WR841ND and TL-WR841N (except for removable antenna), and which one is better to take?

Post has been editedShoore - 16.08.14, 02:50
Reason for editing: combined

Rep: (2735)
Attached Image

sorry if not there ..

I can’t get into the settings of the router, I tried the domain tplinklogin.net and 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1
nothing opens up.
In the network settings, I set up to receive everything automatically, it was, I have been sitting for a long time with the dir300.
I tried it and scoring it, as it’s googled in one of the instructions:

The IP address can be selected from the range 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.254. For example, 192.168.1.100;
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0;
The main gateway: 192.168.1.1;
Preferred DNS server: 10.0.0.1;
Alternate DNS server: 10.0.0.2.

still does not go into settings
maybe the copy is not working caught? - tell me how to determine it ..
I noticed that, as the instructions say, at least 4 lights should be on or blinking on the router, I only have 2 e
- power (lit)
- the router is working (flashing)
and nothing else, but according to the instructions, another 2e should be
- WLAN (Is it a wire with an internet connection to the router? - enabled)
- LAN (is it from the router wire to the computer? - enabled)
(when you turn on the power, they all light up, ie, apparently with light bulbs, though everything is fine)

In general, I have an akada, with a MAC binding, I guess that I need to bend it to the router, but I don’t get to the settings, there are no problems with the dir300 (I didn’t have it, I turned on it, I went from the browser, I popped it and it worked), I tried Lanovsky's wire is even from him, in case the one with the new one is bad, but nothing has changed ..

a patient -http: //www.tp-link.com.c...tails/? model = TL-WR841N

Post has been editedprostoya33 - 02.09.14, 01:26

maybe the copy is not working caught? - tell me how to determine it ..

On the network card to register:
ip 192.168.0.100
mask - 255.255.255.0
Press "win + r" to enter cmd, then execute the ping 192.168.0.1 command, if you receive a transfer in ms, then the modem must be accessible via ip 192.168.0.1, and in the browser go to this ip
If you do not receive a response in ms, then press "reset", perhaps the modem is suspended or reconfigured to other IP.
In the manual, his native address is exactly 192.168.0.1.
http: //www.tp-linkru.c.…r_Guide_1910010905.pdf

I tried everything, it looks like a dead switch in it initially, the light bulbs just do not light up when connecting wires, i.e. all ports do not respond to them, of course there is no ping either.
reset did too, did not help, will carry it back ..

Rep: (8)
Gentlemen, tell me not a professional.
I want to upgrade the router to a newer firmware, since recently the connection has often begun to fall off. Only physical shutdown-power button helps.
Is it possible to reflash a router without a physical connection to the computer, or is it necessary to connect it via a computer cable?

Gevgeny71 @ 09/05/2014, 11:21*
Is it possible to reflash a router without a physical connection to the computer, or is it necessary to connect it via a computer cable?

You can and wifi, but preferably on the lace.
If your wifi signal "does not break constantly" and is stable, then you can flash it.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 03.01.21, 03:54