TP-Link TL-WR841 - Discussion | [wifirouter] Discussion, firmware, problem solving

Rep: (1979)
TP-Link TL-WR841N / ND- Discussion

Attached Image

The forum decided to post images under the spoiler Attached Image

A photo:
Attached ImageAttached Image
Description:
Wireless Router TL-WR841N - is a combined wired / wireless network device, designed for use in small and home offices. Using a 2T2R MIMO Technology, TL-WR841N allows you to create a network of ultra-high data transfer rates, making available on-line viewing of high-definition video, using IP-telephony and online games without the delays and disconnects. The device is made in a stylish package, and is equipped with a WPS button for quick WPA2 security settings.
Specifications:
Offsite specifications

Hardware
Interface 4 10/100 Mbit / s LAN port
1 10/100 Mbps WAN port
Buttons Quick Protection Setting Button (QSS)
Reset button
External power supply 9V DC. current / 0,6A
Standards of wireless data transmission IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b
Antenna 5dbi * 2 fixed omnidirectional antennas
Dimensions (WxLxH) 192 x 130 x 33 mm
Parameters of the wireless module
The frequency range of 2.4-2.4835 GHz
11n signaling speed: up to 300 Mbps (dynamic)
11g: up to 54 Mbps (dynamic)
11b: up to 11 Mbps (dynamic)
EIRP (Wireless Power)<20dBm (EIRP)
Sensitivity (reception) 270M: -68 dBm with 10% PER
130M: -68 dBm with 10% PER
108M: -68 dBm with 10% PER
54M: -68 dBm with 10% PER
11M: -85 dBm at 8% PER
6M: -88 dBm with 10% PER
1M: -90 dBm at 8% PER
Wireless functions Enable / Disable broadcast, WDS bridge, WMM, Statistics
Wireless network protection 64/128/152-bit WEP / WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK
Wireless network 64/128/152-bit WEP / WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK
Software features
WAN connection type Dynamic IP / Static IP / PPPoE / PPTP / L2TP / BigPond
DHCP Server, Client, List of DHCP clients,
Address Reservation
QoS (traffic prioritization) WMM, Bandwidth Control
Port Forwarding Virtual Server, Port Launch, UPnP, DMZ
Dynamic DNS DynDns, Comexe, NO-IP
VPN traffic pass PPTP, L2TP, IPSec (ESP Head)
Access control Parental control, local control, list of nodes, access schedule, rule management
Network security (firewall) DoS, SPI firewall
Filtering by IP Addresses / Filtering by MAC Addresses / Domain Filter
Binding IP and MAC addresses
Management Access Control
Office in place
Remote control
Other
CE, FCC, RoHS certification
Scope of Delivery Wireless Router TL-WR841N
External power supply
CD with materials
Quick Installation Guide
System Requirements MicrosoftВ® WindowsВ® 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista в„ў or Windows 7, MACВ® OS, NetWareВ®, UNIXВ® or Linux
Environmental Parameters Operating Temperature: 0 в„ѓ ~ 40
Storage temperature: -40 в„ѓ ~ 70 в„ѓ
Humidity (operating mode): 10% ~ 90% non-condensing
Humidity (during storage): 5% ~ 90% non-condensing
Firmware
Useful links:

The curator of the topic isN.o.F.a.c.e.

Post has been editedstp101 - 23.05.20, 01:24
Reason for editing: Bin firmware image (openwrt 19.07.3) to fill the stick 16 mb, version 8

Rep: (12)
JaguarRUS @ 11/19/2013, 6:18 PM*
In order not to flog a fever test speed without a router

not, on a straight-through twisted pair, everything is fine .... the speed is as it should be ..... the case, as it turned out, in the other - it went into the settings of the WFi adapter and found only a / b / g standards in the advanced settings ... Although in the technical characteristics of the laptop, work in the standards b / g / n is indicated ..... somehow it turns out this way ... (((I think you can fix it with firewood (they are still 2008 or 2009), or you will have a module change.....((

Rep: (46)
Error code: 26106 The subnet IP address is different from the subnet IP address of the LAN.
I'm a noob

Rep: (0)
Good day dear acquired the other day Router (router) TL-WR841ND V8
connected by cable to a computer but began zavizanie pages on a computer with video at all is even worse, as if for WIFI I tried to download the app to the play of market 600 kb waited for about 10 minutes, he thought yet thought up to download, a good signal indicates, at the same time on your computer nothing rocked and watched. speed provided by your ISP 2megabit.Tip WAN - PPPoE. IP- dynamic. without a router on the line if you connect all otlichno.kovyryal tincture on YouTube and viewed various tips like all the rules, how to fix this problem advise?

Post has been editedbodua - 30.01.14, 10:01

Rep: (97)
Change the firmware of the router.
Change the settings of the router. No one knows what you did there.
Changing the router is not the best choice.

Shl. Read the connection type. Do you have a router configured on both machines correctly?
What version of firmware do you have?

Post has been editedMac Guru - 30.01.14, 13:14

V8 firmware. for setting up and over the car (connected one) like this was, (originally set up for the automatic version and via cable) I found that all the sad work (brake was awful) joined also on wifi phone to check how things are the same as only then I started to pick the settings are not changed the situation. (In tinctures befits channel that will not interfere with me, the country chose not to Russia and Japan. Signal at 40 MHz and all) symbolic setting, everything else is left as is, and what else you can do I do not know!

Rep: (3)
And I swore on the provider that I have no declared 20 megabits. in the end, it turned out that if the laptop is connected to the router via a cable, the speedtest gives out 20-25 megabits, and if through a wifi, laptop is nearby, then 5-15 megabits, or even less. on sensations, before this was not. I updated the firmware, changed the channels, b, d, n, changed - there’s no use. what else can you try?

Change the laptop. Does it have a chip with 54 or higher megabytes of bandwidth? This is not a network on the side of the cable, and that 90 will give in theory.

Posted on 02/06/2014 13:17:

At 54 somewhere 7-9 will be. At higher speeds, jumping can be.

Rep: (2)
how to make a real ip? just connect with your ISP? Or how can I make it so that the router's ip is constant? required for multiplayer game in COD4 MW.

Dear forum users!
Good day!

I have on the window catches the Internet from work. I want to take him to the apartment. I bought TP-LINK TL-WR841N for this router and I want to configure it as a repeater. I use the instruction:
http: //help.netbynet.r...-tl-wr841n-tl-wr841nd/

1. I connect to the wi-fi network of the router from the list of wireless networks;
2. I go to the menu of the router 192.168.0.1
3. in the Wireless menu, I tick the Enable BDS Bridging checkbox; I click Survey and find the network I want to relay;
4. in the menu item DHCP Setiings put a checkmark DHCP Disabled

According to the instructions after this, the Internet should be configured, but after that I cannot connect to the router’s network.

Has anyone encountered this? How can you still configure the TP-LINK TL-WR841N router as a repeater?

Rep: (4)
After connecting the router as a repeater to another access point, the IP address should change to 192.168.0.XX.
To find out the new address, use a special utility.

Tell me what is better to choose TP-LINK TL-WR841N or QTECH QDSL-1040WU?

Rep: (12)
Alexanderasalex , tsavk2 In this router there is no possibility to work in the wireless client mode, and I generally keep quiet about the repeater. And so if on the topic, a bespontovy Chinese router, which on Wi-Fi works a maximum of 3-4 MB / s. And BP ZHUTKO !!! is writing. Squeak disappears only in a serious load.

Hey. Poke, pliz, which firmware is better (DVT or OVT) for the purpose of viewing online content and IP TV (foreign providers) on the PPTP protocol? Now - the last of the firmware revision 8.

Inspired by links to topics where someone did manage to configure the TP Link WR841 N router to work as a repeater,

http: //forums.techguy.…-wr841nd-repeater.html

I decided to follow their example and install Open WRT. Used tips from here:

http: //vplessky.blogsp…-tp-link-wr1043nd.html

Changed IP TP link to 192.168.0.2, went to System Tools ->Firmware Upgrade, chose the file from the local disk with the firmware openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr841n-v8-squashfs-factory.bin, but after the upgrade the router page stopped loading. Pressing the reset button for 10 seconds leads to nothing.

Looks like I messed up my router.

However, the question is valid: tell me which device can be used to pick up wi-fi and distribute it?

Rep: (3)
Tell me please. The provider gave me a free TL-WR841N router by setting it up itself, i.e. I put the wires in it and everything works. But this reptile (provider) flashed my router so that I could not flash it myself, even the program from the disk is not installed. The question is, how can I change the firmware without access to the system tools?
P.S. Through the router, my Internet is distributed to everyone for free.

Need help, bought this router, when 15 devices are connected to wifi, the rest stop connecting. Default settings, only the name and password for wifi changed. The settings associated with manual limitation of connections are not found. Can this be fixed, or is this a "feature" of the router?

People help bought the router I set it up according to the instructions that comes with the web interface, clicked on the quick setup. In the computer there is a connection. But when I connect via the phone (I connect, it writes, the connection is established, the Internet does not load on the phone) I seem to connect to the WiFi and there is no Internet.

Rep: (2729)
Kirlka @ 04/05/2014, 2:00 pm*
Internet on the phone does not load
Not exactly the topic, but some tipsAndroid + PC = Internet (Post # 6976795)worth trying.

Post has been editedShoore - 05.04.14, 18:19

Rep: (247)
Hi guys tell me.
The router loads the video in a strange way, sometimes very quickly and the quality is good and sometimes terribly slow and twitching, I tried different operators in different offices, identical behavior. Sew?

On wifi wedges?
And while watching a video, sometimes everything goes crazy on YouTube))

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 17/07/20, 16:59