TP-Link TL-WR841 - Discussion | [wifirouter] Discussion, firmware, problem solving

Rep: (1987)
TP-Link TL-WR841N / ND- Discussion

Attached Image

The forum decided to post images under the spoiler Attached Image

A photo:
Attached ImageAttached Image
Description:
Wireless TL-WR841N router is a combined wired / wireless network device intended for use in small and home offices. Using 2T2R MIMO technology, TL-WR841N allows you to create a network with ultra-high data transfer speed, thanks to which it is possible to use online high-definition video, using IP telephony and online games without delay and connection breaks. The device is made in a stylish case and is equipped with a WPS button to quickly install WPA2.
Specifications:
Offsite specifications

Hardware
Interface 4 10/100 Mbit / s LAN port
1 10/100 Mbps WAN port
Buttons Quick Protection Setting Button (QSS)
Reset button
External power supply 9V DC. current / 0,6A
Standards of wireless data transmission IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b
Antenna 5dbi * 2 fixed omnidirectional antennas
Dimensions (WxLxH) 192 x 130 x 33 mm
Parameters of the wireless module
The frequency range of 2.4-2.4835 GHz
11n signaling speed: up to 300 Mbps (dynamic)
11g: up to 54 Mbps (dynamic)
11b: up to 11 Mbps (dynamic)
EIRP (Wireless Power)<20dBm (EIRP)
Sensitivity (reception) 270M: -68 dBm with 10% PER
130M: -68 dBm with 10% PER
108M: -68 dBm with 10% PER
54M: -68 dBm with 10% PER
11M: -85 dBm at 8% PER
6M: -88 dBm with 10% PER
1M: -90 dBm at 8% PER
Wireless functions Enable / Disable broadcast, WDS bridge, WMM, Statistics
Wireless network protection 64/128/152-bit WEP / WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK
Wireless network 64/128/152-bit WEP / WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK
Software features
WAN connection type Dynamic IP / Static IP / PPPoE / PPTP / L2TP / BigPond
DHCP Server, Client, List of DHCP clients,
Address Reservation
QoS (traffic prioritization) WMM, Bandwidth Control
Port Forwarding Virtual Server, Port Launch, UPnP, DMZ
Dynamic DNS DynDns, Comexe, NO-IP
VPN traffic pass PPTP, L2TP, IPSec (ESP Head)
Access control Parental control, local control, list of nodes, access schedule, rule management
Network security (firewall) DoS, SPI firewall
Filtering by IP Addresses / Filtering by MAC Addresses / Domain Filter
Binding IP and MAC addresses
Management Access Control
Office in place
Remote control
Other
CE, FCC, RoHS certification
Scope of Delivery Wireless Router TL-WR841N
External power supply
CD with materials
Quick Installation Guide
System Requirements MicrosoftВ® WindowsВ® 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista в„ў or Windows 7, MACВ® OS, NetWareВ®, UNIXВ® or Linux
Environmental Parameters Operating Temperature: 0 в„ѓ ~ 40
Storage temperature: -40 в„ѓ ~ 70 в„ѓ
Humidity (operating mode): 10% ~ 90% non-condensing
Humidity (during storage): 5% ~ 90% non-condensing
Firmware
Useful links:

Post has been editedstp101 - 09.11.20, 21:00
Reason for editing: Restoration work of the router (the loader) TP-LINK WR841ND V8.4 via JTAG.

Rep: (9)
Herzz @ 07/17/16, 00:47*
And how does the router to the problem?
All sites open without a router!

Rep: (444)
Dr.DZEN @ 07/20/2016, 07:28*
All sites open without a router!

So check the router settings!

Rep: (9)
HERZZ @ 05/20/16, 14:34*
So check the router settings!

Previously there were no such problems, the settings did not change. Just one day he stopped working fine.

Rep: (186)
News about chinese loader BREED

1. Works on Sabz V.7 (Breed R840).Read more.
Verified on Sabz V.7 with flash 16MB
Attached Image

2. Availablea new versionloader R899 [2016-07-06]

Rep: (83)
There is a router 841n v8.3. Only nutrition is burning. The firmware on the programmer did not help. What are the ideas?

olehua @ 21.07.2016, 18:38*
The firmware on the programmer did not help

How to start happening? Indication there is?

* Herzz,
After all, only the power is on. The reset does not react

Even I noticed at once very hot percent. Through 10 seconds it is impossible to keep a finger. I think was over the router

Post has been editedolehua - 21.07.16, 21:32

* olehua,
Aukro on his way.

Rep: (0)
Prompt please, Polish into Russian, you can change this firmware (wr841nv11_wr841ndv11_ru_3_16_9_up_boot (151126))?
I read somewhere that it is necessary some other stitching.

Prompt please, today acquired the TP-LINK TL-WR841N v10, set up and noticed that all the games are not playable ping, in what could be the problem?
PS: directly through the cable all ok

Serega-gtashnik @ 22.07.2016, 18:57*
Ping is not playable,

Torrents turned off and all be ok.

Off.

* Serega-gtashnik,
In numerical terms, a ping? With the router, and without
What type of connection?

Rep: (186)
And with the router, it is desirable in the numbers on a game server / Google / Yandex from the router and devaysa connected from it.

Herzz @ 22.07.2016, 23:26*
In numerical terms, a ping? With the router, and without
What type of connection?

Ping from the router: 40-90 sometimes jumps to 500-900, and sometimes becomes normal 28. Internet Beeline (l2tp). Now all miracles started after the restart speed dropped to 1.5 Mb / s (it was 4-5) Ping also prygaet.Bez router: stable 26 Ping.

Rep: (12)
What version of the iron is better now take? V 8, 9, 10.
Repeater, and Bridge is the same thing?
I want to take another 841n netis or 3 antennas to vayfay covered the entire area. For from one signal to the street (which I do not have passes, moving to another place is not an option, it's not the same)

Post has been editedCrazy frog80 - 23.07.16, 06:18

Rep: (23)
Crazy frog80 @ 23.07.2016, 05:53*
What version of the iron is better now take? V 8, 9, 10.

If you are not going to indulge in a custom firmware, the v10 / v11. If you are going - the v9. Although v10 / 11 (?) Is a DD and OpenWRT, but underneath proca frequency is reduced to 100Mhz.
Netisami not used, so here I can not say

Rep: (115)
Once upon a time I had a router TP-link WR841. He worked in his time with the cable internet, good at his job. Distributed would continue WiFi, but I moved to another apartment, cable internet there until the lead, and a piece of iron lying around. I used 3G from MTS is through a smartphone, through the usb-modem. Obviously uncomfortable, especially given that the Internet is needed not only on the laptop.

Thought - but great if on the WR841 was a USB-port for connecting a modem (there are routers). And one day it dawned on me ... Well, actually, all or almost all modern processors are used for such devices have in the USB 2.0 architecture. So somewhere on the board of the router should be undiluted USB.

Said - done, google to help. So it turned out. In addition it turned out that my WR841Nv8 have a complete copy of the gland (except for USB - port) MR3420v2. In addition it turned out that supplement the USB-port can be easily and WR740 (741). Yes, yes, the same ones that tons of shares distributed Internet providers of cable.

So. completion is simple, but includes the hardware and software.

Hardware. Need to solder thin "a hair" to the terminals of the processor D + and D-. The WR 841 - this is the hardest part. Really small ... in 741 - there are all much larger than thin wire are soldered to the thicker and have it displayed on the connector. Be sure to drop of glue to fix the transition of hairs in the wire to the board (so as not to break off later).
5B to supply easily made from 9-12V supply via a router or the like stabilizer 78L05 current up to 500mA.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Software. Without changing the firmware even quite working over USB useless gland. And here it is necessary to define the task. If the minimum program - using 3G modem - all just there. Each of these low-end models (more precisely, each of the hardware versions) has a more expensive clone with soldered USB. Enough to change the firmware and use. Although it is not all just (manufacturer-something about you care ..)

If there is a program on the use of a maximum of USB in full, namely:
- 3G / 4G modem as a primary or backup channel of Internet.
- video server using multiple webcams
- connect the printer and scanner (print skanserver)
- connect a large stick or screw - fileserver
- or a combination of the following ...

then there is a way to alternate firmware. I recommend OpenWRT. Connect to the obtained USB-hub, connect the USB flash drive into it, setting up her mount when booting the router. And having a large amount of do want that file system. Inside the router a favorite Linux.

As I said, despite idetichnost iron, it can not be so simply go to the admin panel and select the firmware rourtera by a similar model with USB pick up and fill it. Firmware technique in my case look like this:

1) Factory Firmware 841v8 ->Openwrt (Via adminku- well, everything is simple, attached)

2) OpenWRT ->official firmware 3420v2 (With truncated beginning 517 * 512 bytes filled through router in scp, dropped to it under ssh and with proapgreytil "sysupgrade -n -F code.bin")

Firmware using sysupgrade

If you have already installed OpenWRT firmware, you will need to download the new firmware image to the router in the folder / tmp (eg using scp, or WinSCP) called code.bin, and then connect to the router via the console and run the following command:

sysupgrade -n -F /tmp/code.bin

If you want to save the settings on the router, you need to remove the "-n" option before flashing. But one should be careful with this option because image size can vary, so some stored settings may not work correctly. -F option allows you to flash the way from the other models.

Important! The flash can last a few minutes, the router will automatically reboot, so please be patient.

If the firmware name does not contain the word "boot", it means that you can use this image to flash (see. below, the methods can be sewn router)
If the firmware name contains the word "boot", it means that in addition to the firmware update is in the form of devices loader. In this case, it is necessary to cut off the first part of the image, or find a different version of the firmware without a loader.
An example of an image comprising the word "boot" - mr3420v2_en_3_13_27_up_boot (121206) .bin

Pruning first 0x20200 bytes of the original firmware:

dd if = tplink_boot.bin of = tplink.bin skip = bs = 257 512
To flash the router is an original way, you can use tftp or MTD method, but in no case do not sew through the Web-based interface. Otherwise you run the risk of "brick" instead of a router.

A source:https: //wiki.openwrt.o.../toh/tp-link/tl-mr3420

I think you can fill in a non-native firmware and immediately after FTPD. Be sure to not boot (or yourself cut off 257 * 512 bytes beginning). I could not get...

Another small retreat unobvious over the 3G modem. We can say for publicity.

First, I connect a modem. Yes it works, but not as fast as we would like ... to seek more successful place, with the best reception. Uncomfortable ...
Then it dawned on me again. Remote antenna. Render the receiving point on the street! Said - done, it was acquired by the outdoor antennaPHA-2100

Thorough nest my Chinese modem does not have, so we had to in the body of the modem to do a neat hole and connect to the service connector. The result exceeded all expectations:
Attached ImageAttached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedstp101 - 24.09.18, 13:41
Reason for editing: Pictures under spoiler

This problem we have. En masse started to refuse to exit the Internet routers TP-Link. Picture this - connection to the device has on everyone, but without access to the internet. I have a very old subject 841N and 340g. So the old plow !!! And with the 841st has done everything - and re-sewn and hand restored settings and saved through. Catch, that the matter of substituting dns and on one computer has become the main 138.201.48.175, and alternative 8.8.8.8. After cleaning and reloading the router it came unreachable message to the network 169.254 ..... True to that computer and Trojans found killed. But a router - in any way, though manageable and accessible. What ideas, friends? winsock reset, flushdns also ...

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 19/11/20, 14:01