WIFI | discussion, problem solving

Rep: (2180)
Wi-Fi Questions / Answers
Selection of network equipment | Setting up networks, Internet access and network equipment | Guide Networks and Equipment
Attached Image
Theme Rules
  • Do not break spelling, write correctly.
  • Do not distribute unverified or false information!
  • Messages violatingForum RulesandRules section "My computer"will be deleted!
  • Do not impose your opinion - just recommend!
  • When answering the topic justify your answer. Otherwise, the message can be regarded as stuffing posts and deleted! And the author of the post is punished in accordance withRules section "My Computer"
  • Warez software for PC, as well as the OS itself, is forbidden on the forum!

5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.

5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the buttonPicture.

Wi-Fi: unobvious nuances (for example, home network)
Why wifi doesn't work well and how to fix it | Part 2
There are more links
Connectify (PC) virtual Wi-Fi access point
Local network between PDA and PC via wi-fi
Carrier Access Point Bandwidth Testing

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 07.08.19, 20:19

Rep: (69)
destroyerrus Yes, I need it .. Please explain how you managed to set it all up. Specifically on XP

Rep: (5)
all that could be written is written above.
Stop Wireless Zero Config (net stop wzcsvc), and then go to Start->Control Panel->Network Connections->Wireless Connection, then right click to go to Properties->Install->Protocol->Have Disk and then point to the directory where you unzipped the VirtualWiFi Binaries. Click on "Continue" when warned about driver signing. This will install VirtualWiFi. Rename the added virtual miniport to "VirtualWiFi MM SSID" where MM is the mode, and SSID is the current network SSID. Then install the VirtualWiFi service using: "VirtualWiFiSvc.exe -install". Finally, for VirtualWiFi to work correctly across reboots, add an entry for network name, i.e. "VirtualWiFi MM SSID" in C: \ Windows \ VirtualWiFiData.txt.

After that, we start shamanizing with virtualwifi addnetwork -ssiddestroyerruscom1 -mode Ah -wep enable -key Abcde
And the expression "no work skills in a com. Page" is in my opinion inappropriate here because you just need to put your values ​​instead of the bold places. 1 - ssid, 2 - ah: ad-hoc is - infrastructure 3- wep enable or disable 4- key - key for wep; if some terms are unknown - google and wikipedia to help. Unfortunately, I can’t help anything else - it turns out some kind of monologue.

Post has been editeddestroyerrus - 30.12.09, 22:55

I installed win7 yesterday; everything works fine except wi-fi, the connection is fine but it writes without access to the Internet, to both the encrypted and open access point (sometimes but very rarely connects without problems), although there is a second computer connected to the Internet with XP fully. Reinstalled the wi-fi driver but the result is the same.

What do you advise? What could it be?

Rep: (331)
And no one will tell you how best to configure a wi-fi router for maximum bandwidth on budget routers like D-Link Dir320, Asus 520GC (U) ...?
Personally, I have an Asus 520GC, 54mbit / s (and in turbo mode all 125mbit / s) is declared real, I see 2.4mByte / s (~ 19mbit / s).
I understand that service packs take the rest, etc., climbing in the settings I saw a lot of items a little incomprehensible to me (the same RADIUS) or for example checking various certificates, keys, etc. etc., according to the logic of things, each "bites off" his own ... Is it realistic to raise something like a firewall that would filter out "unnecessary" packets and at the same time ensure security.
Of course, I want a lot, I understand that I can’t make a "tsiska" from a "dead" transmitter ... But? ...

I heard a lot about the "firmware from Oleg", is it worth it?

Rep: (9)
54mbits / sec (which are by standard) in reality 3mbytes / sec and this is the norm,
encryption does not affect the speed in theory
about a firewall which would bite off excess packets delusionally)

Rep: (938)
SlayerNik @ 17.2.10, 22:38*
encryption does not affect the speed in theory

If the decryption is hardware, it is not affected.
Martofsky @ 17.2.10, 21:40*
And no one will tell you how best to configure a wi-fi router for maximum bandwidth

If at home, so I turned off all the encryption and I registered only the MAC addresses of devices that are allowed to connect.
Usually there are few devices at home and they do not change very often. There are no special secrets at home. And traffic is unlimited - even if someone sits for free, it’s not a pity.

Rep: (1962)
Marvi @ 18.2.10, 0:24*
even if someone sits for free, do not mind.

And if someone rubbed the system on a beech? Or change the password on the router? :)
I would be careful ...;)

Rep: (9)
and I have enough WPA PSK, once configured and forgot

Pasha_550 @ 17.2.10, 23:36*
I'd be careful ...

Well, if you consider that I want to repair computers for all the neighbors, then most likely they should be wary. ;)
And in order to change the password on the router, you must first get into it by entering the old password. And I have it far from default.

Rep: (1962)
Marvi @ 18.2.10, 10:19*
And I have it far from default.

Phone number? Date of Birth? : D

I have encryption enabled, the mas address table, the low-power channel selected, etc. To break - you have to tinker.

martofsky
http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=14-00-007695
Who unsubscribed in the branch - the speed is approximately the same. For the firmware from Oleg - xs, decide for yourself.
http://wl500g.info/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Pasha_550 @ 18.2.10, 11:15*
Phone number? Date of Birth?

Schazz ...: D
Not, well, imagine, a man sat on a free channel.
So use and be silent in a rag.
Why break it? It’s worse for yourself.
Well, maybe some really MD. : sveta:

Tell me how to find out the entered WPA2 password?

Rep: (-2)
Is it possible to connect a computer with a Wi-Fi adapter and Windows XP 32 bit directly to a Windows 7 64 bit laptop? Do not use an access point?

VASA111 @ 11.4.10, 22:04*
Is it possible to connect a computer with a Wi-Fi adapter and Windows XP 32 bit directly to a Windows 7 64 bit laptop? Do not use an access point?

Sure you may! There are complete instructions on how to do this, including with screenshots)

Rep: (-2)
Is Adna even possible? : blush:

Rep: (0)
Faced with the problem of setting up waffles on XP, I searched here on the forum, there were no similar topics.

in general, I installed Windows XP XP GameEdition and 7 ku on the HP 311c, everything plows for sevens without firewood (wi-fi in plan), there is a dir 300 router

on XP I downloaded firewood from hp "Broadcom wireless network driver" there is also a "Broadcom wireless LAN driver", I tried both of them, the result is one, I connect to the network, enter the password and get stuck on getting the network address.

In services included "Wireless setup"

What is the problem? Thank you in advance)))

I have a question. The last two days I can’t connect. Writes Access is limited. Help, advise how to fix it?

Rep: (8)
Amsi, connect to what? I would like to see a more detailed description of the problem.

Question: blush: I bought an access point, connected it, it works, the laptop sees the network, connects, the Internet plows, BUT my network is accessible to everyone, how can I make a password and allow only this laptop to use the network? (OS 7 is on the computer)

Rep: (8)
FFEHOT @ 3.5.10, 12:31*
Question I bought an access point, connected, it works, the laptop sees the network, connects, the Internet plows, BUT my network is accessible to everyone, how can I make a password and allow only this laptop to use the network? (OS 7 is on the computer)

The answers to your questions are in the manual for the router.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 26/07/20, 19:32