WIFI | discussion, problem solving

Rep: (2185)
Wi-Fi Questions / Answers
Selection of network equipment | Setting up networks, Internet access and network equipment | Guide Networks and Equipment
Attached Image
Theme Rules
  • Do not break spelling, write correctly.
  • Do not distribute unverified or false information!
  • Messages violatingForum RulesandRules section "My computer"will be deleted!
  • Do not impose your opinion - just recommend!
  • When answering the topic justify your answer. Otherwise, the message can be regarded as stuffing posts and deleted! And the author of the post is punished in accordance withRules section "My Computer"
  • Warez software for PC, as well as the OS itself, is forbidden on the forum!

5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.

5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the buttonPicture.

Wi-Fi: unobvious nuances (for example, home network)
Why wifi doesn't work well and how to fix it | Part 2
There are more links
Connectify (PC) virtual Wi-Fi access point
Local network between PDA and PC via wi-fi
Carrier Access Point Bandwidth Testing

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 07.08.19, 20:19

Rep: (106)
iMax
Problems in Wi-fi bkb or something else ... (Post # 3324921)

Rep: (7)
how to configure the waffle so that the network was, to throw files between laptops?

Rep: (3)
Should be allowed to the general use of the Internet connection properties (or the "master SETUP Network"), in your case, the interface enter 192.168.1.1, the wine if it is, then register on the laptop in the properties of tcp / ip and the DNS gateway (gateway will address ( 192.168.1.1) dlinkovskogo interface configured on the computer through which will razdavtsya Internet on your laptop, then put this DNS (DOMAIN nAME sYSTEm), this system converts hostnames to ip addresses (for convenience and not just names are easier to remember than ip). after these settings must all earn, if not earned something you did wrong. If something still nepoluchetsya download CCCPROXY, everything is very easy to configure! MAIN NEZABUDTE POKE port in IE that will use the proxy.

Rep: (69)
Despite the sarcasm and skepticism of some people, I still found a program for creating virtual wi-fi adapters with physicalWIN-XP

UtilityMicrosoft VirtualWiFiallows you to raise several virtual Wi-Fi adapters with different settings in the system if there is only one physical device. Thanks to this, you can simultaneously connect to several wireless networks using only one WLAN card. This development from Microsoft, perhaps, deserves respect.

Only here is the problem, I can’t figure it out, can someone tell me what and how to do?

Specifically, after installing the program, a folder appears in C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Research \ Microsoft Research Mesh Virtual WIFI \ VirtualWiFi

In which there are several executable .exe files but they do not start, something is launched through the command line but I don’t understand what .. Help ..

Screen NOT MY! he appeared in the folder with the installed program!

Attached Image

Attached fileMSRMesh_VirtualWIFI.zip(12 MB)

Rep: (938)
FRIKERSNA @ 12/28/09, 9:14 p.m.*
Despite the sarcasm and skepticism of some people, I still found a program for creating virtual wi-fi adapters with physical for WIN-XP

Forgive my sarcasm and skepticism, but for God's sake point a finger at the post where you were looking for a "program for creating virtual adapters"?

Judging by the screenshot, this utility is controlled from the command line.
To get started, run "VirtualWiFihelper /?" and look what kind of certificate he will give out.

On various sites they wrote to me that this is not possible and the fact that I wrote it here is just to show what was in my experience ..

Here is a screen

Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedFRIKERSРќA - 28.12.09, 23:12

FRIKERSNA,
How interesting! It turns out that they wrote to you on different sites ... And with a claim, you are as if to us.
Anyway...

In general, so. On the first screen. VirtualWiFihelper - serves for obtaining information. Now it’s not so interesting.

On the second screen.
Installation:
VirtualWiFi install -wep [enable / disable] -auth [open / share] -key [WEP key] [switch_time wait_time is_adaptive]
______________- encryption [on / off] -authorization [open / separate] -key [key itself] [time_through which switch wait_time adjustment_ possibility]

VirtualWiFi unisntall is a service removal.

VirtualWiFi addnetwork - add a network. It starts with the parameters:
-ssid<ssid>-mode<AD: IS>-wep [enable / disable] -auth [open / share] -key [WEP key] [-switch<switch_time>-wait<wait_time>-isadapt<is_adaptive>]
I mean:
network identifier<the name itself>-fashion<point-to-point or access point>-encryption [on / off] -authorization [open / separate] -key [key itself] [time through which switch<ms>wait_time<ms>customizability<0 or 1>]
VirtualWiFi removenetwork - network removal. Parameters in the screenshot.
VirtualWiFi changeparams - change network settings. The parameters are clear again, see the screenshot.

: thank_you: Thank you very much, but I don’t understand what and how to write ..: blush: Alas, I’m not familiar with the command line ... How can I create a virtual adapter without additional protection functions, etc.?

FRIKERSNA @ 12.29.09, 3:44*
How can I create a virtual adapter without additional security features, etc.?

Let's try to blind.

1. First, start the service:
VirtualWiFi install -wep disable -auth open 500 500 1
(here about the times I’m not at all sure)
2. Add the network:
VirtualWiFi addnetwork -ssid FRIKERSNA -mode AD -wep disable -auth open -switch 500 -wait 500 -isadapt 1

That's kind of like that ...

I highlighted your example and pasted it into the command line but something still didn’t work ((

Here is the screen, what am I doing wrong?

Attached Image

FRIKERSNA,
I did not go to the folder where these programs are located. And when launched from the root of the disk, Windows cannot find them.

First go to the program folder. Like this:
open the command line and write in it
cd C: \ VirtualWiFi \ Binaries
and then run the rest of the commands.

The only thing is that I just drag and drop the VirtualWiFi.exe file into the command prompt window,put a spaceand paste your exampleinstall -wep disable -auth open 500 500 1and press enter

Rep: (1409)
FRIKERSNA @ 12/29/09, 16:27*
I highlighted your example and pasted it into the command line but something still didn’t work ((

it seems like, in addition to everything else, the command line does not like to be copied to it. It is advisable to prescribe there hands if I do not confuse anything.

FRIKERSNA @ 12/29/09, 18:20*
I just drag and drop the VirtualWiFi.exe file into the command window

Well then! And I didn’t know that it was possible. Thanks for the science!

In general, right. The error you have is that on the same command line you are trying to run two programs at once.
You can do this: after dragging and dropping, you delete VirtualWiFi.exe and paste in my example.

But personally, I usually go to the program folder, and from there I launch it.

Posted on 12/29/2009, 19:16:

Izmalkoff @ 12.29.09, 19:06*
the command line does not like to be copied to it.

So the fact of the matter is that this is not copy-paste.
Just take the exe-shnik in Explorer and drag it to the window with the command line. This is a discovery for me.

Does not work((

Please write a complete example, and I just paste it into the command line and press enter

And is there an easier way to create a virtual adapter?

FRIKERSNA @ 12/29/09, 9:16 p.m.*
Does not work((

What does he write?
I can’t write a complete example, because I see this program for the first time in my eyes. I can only help in debugging.

Post has been editedMarvi - 29.12.09, 21:55

Rep: (5)
Please write a complete example, and I just paste it into the command line and press enter

RTFM
1) netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode = allow ssid = "SSID" key = "PAS $$ KEY" keyUsage = persistent (console from admin .. naturally a demonstrative example)

2) netsh wlan start hostednetwork (works ONLY if the driver supports virtual wifi)

netsh wlan set hostednetwork [mode =] allowed / disallowed - enable or disable network usage

netsh wlan set hostednetwork [ssid =]<SSID>[key =]<passphrase>[keyUsage =] persistent / temporary - setting network parameters, where SSID - SSID-identifier of the network; key - network security key (password) used by the network; keyUsage - indicates whether the security key is permanent or temporary

netsh wlan show settings - shows network properties and its status

netsh wlan show hostednetwork settings = security - displays the security settings of the hosted network, including the password specified in key when configuring netsh wlan set hostednetwork

netsh wlan start hostednetwork - start hosted network

netsh wlan stop hostednetwork - stop the hosted network.

And is there an easier way to create a virtual adapter?

Virtual Router turns any Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 Computer into a Wifi Hot Spot using Windows 7's Wireless Hosted Network (Virtual Wifi) technology.Attached ImageAttached fileVirtualRouterInstaller.msi(1.01 MB)

Connectify is a free Windows 7 application to turn your Wi-Fi enabled personal computer into a wireless hotspot to share your Internet connection, and create wireless networks on the fly with your friends, co-workers and other devices. Connectify can even share Wi-Fi networks which you are currently connected to with a single Wi-Fi card.
Attached Image
Attached fileConnectifyInstaller.exe(846.81 KB)

Any card can do "Ad Hoc" mode, and Windows 7 certified cards can also do "Access Point" mode (see below).
These devices are known to be compatible:

* Atheros AR5005G / AR5005GS (as in the TP-Link TL-WN651G)
* Atheros AR5006EX (mini-PCIe card with driver version 8.0.0.171)
* Atheros AR5007EG with 8.0.0.238 firmware
* Atheros AR5009 802.11a / g / n WiFi Adapter
* Atheros AR9285
* Broadcom 4310-series (in many Dell laptops)
* D-link AirPlus G DWL-G510 Wireless PCI Adapter (driver version 3.0.1.0)
* Dell 1510 Wireless N adapter, Broadcom version, with Broadcom_BCM43xx_5.60.18.8_win6x.exe fromhttp://wikidrivers.com/wiki/Broadcom_BCM43xx_5.60.18.8
* Intel 5100/5300 (with latest drivers from Intel's site, version 13.0.0.107) * Version 1.0 incorrectly identifies these cards. We are working on fixing support for these cards.
* Netgear 108 Mbit WG311T
* Ralink RT2870 (in many 802.11n USB dongles)
* Realtek RTL8187B (Win7 driver ver.1178)
* Realtek RTL8187SE (with the drivers that came with Windows 7)
* Realtek RTL8192u with 1370 (Beta)

still look here (Intel My WiFi)http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResu...el%C2%AE+MWT%29
(before downloading, look at compatibility, etc)
One of the special features of MS Virtual WiFi, compared to Intel My WiFi, is the maximum number of connected clients, up to 100.

Post has been editeddestroyerrus - 30.12.09, 01:04

for XP: if virtualwifi install fails, then do the following Stop Wireless Zero Config, and then go to Start->Control Panel->Network Connections->Wireless Connection, then right click to go to Properties->Install->Protocol->Have Disk and then point to the directory where you unzipped the VirtualWiFi Binaries. Click on "Continue" when warned about driver signing. This will install VirtualWiFi. Rename the added virtual miniport to "VirtualWiFi MM SSID" where MM is the mode, and SSID is the current network SSID. Then install the VirtualWiFi service using: "VirtualWiFiSvc.exe -install". Finally, for VirtualWiFi to work correctly across reboots, add an entry for network name, i.e. "VirtualWiFi MM SSID" in C: \ Windows \ VirtualWiFiData.txt.
warning the next question
I am unable to uninstall VirtualWiFi. Nothing seems to work. Is there a brute force method?
A: Yes. Go to the Windows registry using Start->Run->"Regedit". Note that you will be modifying the registry at your own risk. It is always better to save a copy of the registry before modifying it. From the registry, look for all entries having VirtualWiFi, and delete them. This is better done in safe mode. Also run "VirtualWiFiSvc.exe -remove" to remove the service. We have provided an easier way to delete these registry entries. Follow these steps: (i) Run "VirtualWiFi uninstall" (ii) Reboot your machine (iii) Run "RegDelete". Note you will have to delete one entry manually, which is prompted by RegDelete. (Iv) Reboot, and you are all set! However, please use RegDelete carefully. Check carefully the entries that RegDelete prompts! It should not belong to another program, and correspond to README.txt in the RegEdit directory under Sources.

Post has been editeddestroyerrus - 30.12.09, 02:09

Something I finally got lost .. I do not know where to start now ...: blush:

To start with the question: is it exactly necessary?

On XP, I connected the BB with win7 (AH) with n130 XP, downloadedsavagemessiahzine.comafter which the second hanged himself tightly. The download time for accounting on a netbook has increased 3-4 times. WEP - ALREADY NOT ENCRYPTION !! Connect new SSID through com. p. - heme ... oh.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 10.11.20, 10:44