WIFI | discussion, problem solving

Rep: (2185)
Wi-Fi Questions / Answers
Selection of network equipment | Setting up networks, Internet access and network equipment | Guide Networks and Equipment
Attached Image
Theme Rules
  • Do not break spelling, write correctly.
  • Do not distribute unverified or false information!
  • Messages violatingForum RulesandRules section "My computer"will be deleted!
  • Do not impose your opinion - just recommend!
  • When answering the topic justify your answer. Otherwise, the message can be regarded as stuffing posts and deleted! And the author of the post is punished in accordance withRules section "My Computer"
  • Warez software for PC, as well as the OS itself, is forbidden on the forum!

5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.

5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the buttonPicture.

Wi-Fi: unobvious nuances (for example, home network)
Why wifi doesn't work well and how to fix it | Part 2
There are more links
Connectify (PC) virtual Wi-Fi access point
Local network between PDA and PC via wi-fi
Carrier Access Point Bandwidth Testing
Wiki

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 07.08.19, 20:19

Rep: (69)
Interested in such a question, near my house there is a free wi-fi access point, the laptop connects to it without problems. BUT sometimes it happens - I click to connect - the connection is written (a minute or two), and then it writes - Connection is missing or restricted, and this can happen at any time of the day or night, and after a while it can itself write n connected and everything is ok, But it happens that it does not connect for a week!

What could it be? Is this something with my laptop or is it a problem at this point? If you can in more detail.

And another question is how realistic it is to crack the protection of a wi-fi network. : blush:

Rep: (9)
The access point may be overloaded and the new user cannot connect. And why break it - because it is already open for access. And for hacking there is a special software. Only not all types of protection at this stage break quickly. I doubt that there will be a desire to select the network key for days.

So I continue to ask the questions) And I have accumulated quite a few))

1. Is it possible to create a local network between the PDA and PC via wi-fi? If so, how and what programs are needed for this?

2. Is it possible to use a PDA as a wi-fi receiver on a PC via usb?

3. If I create a wi-fi access point on the PC, how many computers can connect at the same time?

4. What is the range of wi-fi between two laptops? (About)

5. Software to really increase the range of the network?

6. How to make it so that only those PCs that I previously allow can connect to my PC? (Options)

7. They say there are external antennas for wi-fi networks that increase the radius of receiving networks, how much they increase and in what radius can I see the networks? (minimum / maximum)

8. If I create a local network between computers and open access to one folder, (is it safe?) Can I bypass protection and get access to the rest of my system folders?

9. Can I receive internet via wi-fi and transfer it further in the same way via wi-fi? (without additional equipment) And if only with additional equipment, what kind?

10. Can I distribute internet via wi-fi if I get it by cable myself?

I hope for your help in clarifying these issues.

Rep: (1704)
FRIKERSNA,
There are a lot of questions indicating that you are completely unaware of this and expect that they will write a special article for you, and then, when you gain knowledge, another one and another.
I suggest you use the search engine, say, Google, and find ready-made manuals for beginners. And when you gain knowledge, and you have questions in particular, you are welcome, we are happy to help.
In case you do not know how to use search engines, type the addresses (optional) google.ru, yandex.ru, etc., and type in the search box, say, "WiFi how to configure" or "WiFi home network" or "WiFi Internet", etc. In the list of received, see and read. Everything is already written and chewed.

Thank! Why, then, in general, your site if everything can be found in a search engine?

And if I didn’t understand anything at all then I wouldn’t be able to correctly formulate my questions ....

once again I was convinced that this resource is not for me, since on the remaining resources I respond absolutely adequately and normally to the questions I have asked .....

: beee:

Rep: (1704)
FRIKERSРќA @ 19.2.2009, 16:51*
Thank! Why, then, in general, your site if everything can be found in a search engine?

I will explain, and you try to understand. If you answer all your questions not laid out anyhow, but with benefits, you need to write an entire article. This is a very big job, which is usually well paid. And I just offered you options for accessing information that was written for a bribe, but provided to the public freely.
Now the second. If you did not understand anything, you would not ask questions. Just the degree of your understanding, according to the questions, is so fragmented and non-systematized that I, for example, having many years of experience helping newcomers, understand that it does not make sense to answer your (current) questions, because after the answers you will start asking questions again, and we will answer again ... AND ALL THIS IS ALREADY, IS MULTIPLELY DESCRIBED AND UNDERLINED.
You are still a little good at communicating on the forums and on the internet at all, so take my friendly advice: use search. Find the information you need there. For example, when you are a beginner, ask us about something, we just go to Google and type FOR YOU keywords, and find the information for you. But we do it, if the question is one, or even two. If a request for a study, holding the entire evening - thank you :) you in response to published recommendations on how to do it yourself.
Take advantage of my search advice, learn it, and believe me, after a while you will remember me with good. For this advice.
And to chew your questions, by the way, perfectly scattered, repeatedly discussed and absolutely not occupying anyone, is simply not interesting.
Good luck.

P.S. And generally be more modest. If the resource is not for you, leave quietly and with dignity, and not in the style of the market;)

Post has been editedslimest - 19.02.09, 18:17

Rep: (168)
Help, urgently need help !!! Vobschem something yesterday namuti with WI-FI connections, now such crap, a laptop when connected to Wi-Fi writes "access only local area network" and does not want to connect to the Internet. A computer instead of one network (S4809) finds three networks: S4809 1, S4809 2, and S4809 3. (All three are connected to the Internet). Is it possible to somehow completely reset the wi-fi connection? I at least connect to the network.

Rep: (938)
Alex93,
Well, at least you would have written how the grid is organized.

Marvi, Well, the apartment has a Wi-Fi router, and it distributes the Internet to the built-in Wi-Fi in a laptop and computer.

Alex93,
What kind of router?
What is the axis on the laptop?
Is the laptop visible from the computer?

In general, it seems that you did not try to connect to the existing grid with a laptop, but on the contrary, created several grids on it.
That is, the laptop is trying to organize these your left grids.
Try to remove all the grids on the laptop.
And then do a search for available networks.

Marvi @ 13.4.09, 16:31*
What kind of router?

D-link DIR-300
What is the axis on the laptop?

All on whist
Is the laptop visible from the computer?

not

Try to remove all the grids on the laptop.
And then do a search for available networks.

Finds one network. Connect I enter the password and again "Access: only local network"

Alex93,
It seems that your laptop does not connect to the router.
On the router itself (if you go through the web interface) can you see the connected laptop?

Rep: (7)
Wi Fi Everything you wanted to know, but were afraid to ask A. K. Shcherbakov.rtf.zip

Attached files

Attached fileWi_Fi________________________________________________.__._________.rtf.zip(687.46 KB)

Marvi @ 13.4.09, 17:07*
if you go through the web interface

What is it like?

Alex93 @ 13.4.09, 20:48*
What is it like?

Read the manual. A lot of interesting things you will find.
Page 14 and on:

Attached files

Attached fileManual_DIR_300_A1_rev_1_0_EN.pdf(3.86 MB)

Rep: (7)
Marvi @ 14.4.09, 0:16*
Read the manual. A lot of interesting things you will find.

Same eggs only in doc

Attached files

Attached fileManual_DIR_300_A1_rev_1_0_EN.doc.zip(2.75 MB)

Rep: (40)
Girl - play with channels
Alex93 - try to reset the DNS, get a new IP, finally contact your ISP.

artars,
More closely ... Comp
Alex93 @ 13.4.09, 13:03*
Connects to the Internet from all three
Problems only with a laptop.
So your advice is not in cash.

Rep: (40)
Marvi,
He also writes "a laptop when connecting to a Wi-Fi, writes" access only a local network "and does not want to connect to the Internet." I advised to do it on the "laptop".

Rep: (10)
a question,
there is a computer with an internet connection using the PProe protocol, there is a laptop with wifi, the D-Link DWA-110 usb adapter is included in the computer, it scored static addresses in the computer 192.168.1.1 in the laptop 192.168.1.2, got the network, the computer and each other's laptop see. I shared "Shared access and connection to the Internet" on my computer - there is no Internet :(
tell me something is not completed? or did something wrong?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 10.11.20, 10:46