Portrait

Rep: (192)
Portrait as a genre of fine art

Attached Image

The theme is devoted to portrait photography and painting.
In this topic we post our work, we share our experience.

Introduction
Portret (fr. Portrait, from the obsolete portraire - “to depict”) is an image of this or that person, produced by means of painting, engraving or sculpture, as well as a photographic image or a verbal description (in particular, in literature).
Depending on the size of the image, portraits of the portraits distinguish the head (when only the head is shown on the shoulders), chest, waist, generation and full height.
Regarding the pose of the represented figure, they distinguish profile, “from the face” (en face), three-quarters of a turn to the right or left (en trois quarts) and the so-called an profil perdu, that is, depicting a face from the back of the head, so that only part of the profile is visible.
Useful

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 02.02.19, 20:06

In the sunshine
Attached Image

BombilCalabasov @ 07/10/07 09:30:50
kochrob, "In the sun" - a great job! The only thing you could find fault with is that the frame is a bit perezagat, especially from above. I would like a little more space from the top to the left. And the quality is great! Soft light, worked hair ... och. Ho! But most of all, of course, like emotions! Clean and bright. Put 5 even despite the frame tightness ...

Odeann @ 07/10/07 10:35:51 PM
kochrob, the photo is really cool and very lively, although gjxvte is confused by the shade of the wall ... it is a little bit somehow ..
(I’m just an amateur, not even less than an amateur, so I can’t fight competently. This is all just my opinion.)

Post has been editedkochrob - 22.07.07, 00:38

Rep: (114)
Portrait? Portrait .... What is not a portrait under the pencil? Not perfect, duck and I'm not a magician :)
Attached Image

BombilCalabasov @ 07/10/07 10:18:29 PM
Miocker, not a bad experiment, but I didn’t like the emphasis on the nails ... Somehow predatory happened ...

Miocker @ 07/10/07 10:39:48 PM
So after a woman!

Kochrob @ 07/10/07 10:53:28 PM
Miocker, the main thing in this portrait - nails. Color them with color or something.
Attached Image

SD Alone @ 07.07.07 12:20:09
What kind of plugin is this? Give a link, if not difficult.

Miocker @ 07/11/07 10:20:46 PM
This is not a separate plugin, all standard photoshop.

Post has been editedkochrob - 22.07.07, 10:09

Rep: (38)
Portret (s).
A reflection of modernity in the lost and frozen future of the past pre-revolutionary reality. Or vice versa.
Attached Image:
Attached Image

Other photos from the same series.
Attached Image:
Attached Image
Attached Image:
Attached Image
Attached Image:
Attached Image

BombilCalabasov @ 07/10/07 10:18:29 PM
Odeann, the idea is good, but we still have to work on the implementation ... As sketches - not bad, but no more. Include sepia - it does not mean to make a good portrait. What a terrible black shadow from the nose? bottom left portrait - generally uzhos! (may my Albanian forgive me)

Post has been editedkochrob - 22.07.07, 10:10

Rep: (204)
Attached Image:
Attached Image

Attached Image

Kochrob @ 07/10/07 11:36:26 PM
Inexpressive photos. The black-and-white face is out of focus; attention is distracted by a hand in the foreground. No idea. And so not that even the name of the photo is not given.

Kochrob @ 07/10/07 11:36:26 PM
Uncle in color - the same. More suitable for a photo from a family album - This is my mate Vasya, and this is our dad.

Slid @ 07/10/07 11:41:51 PM
it is a relic of compression, not a focus error) The only thing is that it’s just lacking contrast.
PySy: and I like my grandfather)

BombilCalabasov @ 07/11/07 08:11:35
I also liked my grandfather more. The photo portrait is of high quality, but obviously - “scared”. If the person did not want to pose, then this should not be seen in the picture. If you were posing, you should have chosen a more expressive frame. And so it happened: "Well, why are you again with your Nutcracker climb ?!" And the emotions on the face, and the movement of the hands.
The boy also turned out "scared." It seems to be emotions, but they are aimed at something outside the picture, so the picture seems incomplete, as if something is cut off, something important, the story center. This is the most important disadvantage. Well, the quality is almost not enough.

Post has been editedkochrob - 22.07.07, 10:10

Brother
Attached Image

Many empty around his brother. Poorly chosen point shooting - from the top. Because of this, there were shady dips in place of eyes, deep facial shadows. Two basic rules for children's fotorafii - snimat to match the child's growth or lower, and focus on the eyes. Children's portrait "without eyes" - the marriage (mostly). Reducing point shooting can be achieved has been emphasizing the prospects not only expensive, but also the line of the horizon, by the roadside, which would make the work volume. Another nemalovazhnayadetal, which is not obraschayue majority of fans - the color compatibility of the background and the object. Here, as an example, Laid-open the competition work BombilCalabasov. It is worth a closer look.
... forgot to say about cropped hands. So can not be cruel to the children.

BombilCalabasov @ 07/12/07 07:22:21
You have made a wonderful premiere of what is called an "American portrait": the face is clearly in the center of the frame, shot to the waist, no work with the background. The exposition automatics did what it could - it did, the autofocus worked, but the main computer - the head of the photographer - was clearly not involved in this work.
Flesh [ZLO], yes, the stick is clearly superfluous.

Post has been editedkochrob - 22.07.07, 00:50

Rep: (30)
Light and shadow
Attached Image

I didn’t edit anything, although the straining glance could have been a glossy light source ... I just liked the light ...
Here is a member of the back could be covered up.

BombilCalabasov @ 07/12/07 07:22:21
Yes, stick down with obviously superfluous.

Post has been editedkochrob - 22.07.07, 00:51

Rep: (620)
Attached Image

Portrait? (:
In general, comrades, I’ll tell you so - shooting yourself on a digital camera without a tripod with a timer of 10 seconds is fun, but not easy)))

BombilCalabasov @ 07/13/07 08:15:21
what can I say. Of course, this is - Portrait. For visual qualities, this is much more than a simple photo. Still, this is more related to computer art, IMHO.

The story and its embodiment - beautiful! Female portrait, shot, women tend, as it were, leads men into confusion, if not - in awe. Very different view of the image at all other means of expression. I have some reason to this work suggests the name "Queen of Flirting". There is something so innocent in the expression of the face and eyes, romantic in these gold butterflies, but the gloves on his hands, and pahitoska negligee say that in front of us is not an innocent creature. This explosive mixture innocence and passion gives extraordinary appeal portrait (at least for the male part of the audience).

The only thing I did not understand was a dark spot in the LNU. There was something here that we did not want to show? It is hard to believe that this is a banal oversight ...

"5 stars" without reservation.

Marlena @ 07/13/07 09:00:19
mmm ... getting five stars from you is a small victory for me Moreover, I am a bad photographer (well, what can I hide there)), and all that is good here is the possession of FS on a solid four)

About of LNU - composition) Just not a very good perspective turned out, in the sense that the horizontal line (the mouthpiece), a tall, linear accelerator and was a bit overloaded. So I tried this business balance (plus to not put the brightness on the monitor - it is strange - in theory there is covered background teksturki gray-beige and black spot is not uniform). Just my favorite layout - the division of the grid into 9 parts, but with the hand I was told that here would suit the cruciform layout, but I'm a little miscalculated - in the source code body here as badly cropped from the bottom, would I still have a couple of centimeters in stock I would certainly be all lined up in a different way)

Post has been editedkochrob - 22.07.07, 10:20

Attached Image

Slid
Court of the location of objects - a portrait of a cat. and why is the face so yellow - shot with incandescent bulbs without a flash? By the way, the model also needs to be cooked - the color of the lipstick absolutely falls out of the gamut of the entire image.

Flash to the ceiling + diffuser.

Just the colors did not really like the source code - the “telephone” ones turned out a bit

I like light haze like that in such cards delicate colors, something like that
Attached Image
Although this treatment is of course an amateur (:

Marlene filter case is not Diffuse Glow? I love this filter, but often I don’t work with him. It feels like the camera automatics cannot handle the exposure at all.

Let's try option number 2
Attached Image

Marlena @ 07/14/07 6:55:24 PM
I almost do not use filters, these are overlay methods (in my processing))

I prefer your second variant, in my opinion, this is the overlay of a bleached photo with a light blur in the overlay mode, ne? Definitely better source (as for my taste), as already noted - the colors are too "phone" on the original version

It was just that the photograph bribed me with tenderness, I wanted to add a shimmer and a pinkish hue to it, hence the method of processing.

Marlene, almost guessed)
in fact, there are two layers, the upper one is discolored and I do not remember with what transparency; on the lower lip color is corrected and Diffuse Glow + is applied on both layers with correction curves.
and the reason for the unsharpness is banal JPEG with its compression, all the more it was not the source that was stinging, but already correcting the photo.

Post has been editedkochrob - 22.07.07, 10:21

Rep: (620)
And one more portrait (?)
I do not know where he has more space - here or in collages. On the one hand, this is a photo of my friend made by me. The processing by itself is also mine (by the way, for comparison I can lay out the source code)), but the tree - Stock - did not find at myself something as textured. Eyes, by the way, the same girlfriend)))

So - Dryad, the spirit of the tree.

Attached Image

and the option is a little bigger
Attached Image

Marlene,
Something with your hand you namudrila - a young girl, and the brush like an elderly. Do you think that the eyes are not sitting? Look closely: the lines of the hair, the shoulder and the brush, the backs of the nose are slanting and form a semblance of the letters V. And the line of the eye of the tree is almost strictly vertical. It was interesting if the model covered part of the lower eye with its brush.

Marlena @ 07.14.07 20:36:37
are you about the eyes of the tree? There, the tree on the source is simply that where you want to plant your eyes, they will be like an appliquГ©, therefore such an arrangement ...

Marlena @ 07.14.07 20:36:37
As for the hand - well, the idea was just that. Dryad - it is very dependent on its tree, according to mythology. When something happens to a tree, the dryad dies with it. The tree is old, and her hands are no longer young, only the face is alive and young, with which she clings to her patron ... somehow

Post has been editedkochrob - 22.07.07, 10:22

Rep: (11)
Walk through the canals in St. Petersburg.
Attached Image

Here, rummaged in the archives. From St. Petersburg frames.
Mood.
Attached Image

kochrob, um ... but a little tweak? I do not like the "mourning" frame on the right-bottom, nothing is justified. The color balance just went to Magenta, you can easily remove it ... I would remove the extra space from above. And the mood is not bad, this very Sadness is felt. Even the fact that the frame is so tightly clamped on the layout is not so bad. Powered by this frame.

kochrob , BombilCalabasov , almost everything has already been said, so I'll just try to finish it in the shop.

Attached Image
done in haste, so sorry for the quality of performance

Nah, will not do. On that though with defects but a touch of sadness was. And the detailing here has removed all this.

Post has been editedkochrob - 22.07.07, 10:24

Do not bite
Attached Image

Rep: (114)
And what are you doing here, eh? :)
Attached Image

BombilCalabasov @ 08/09/07 11:40:07
Miocker, very good shot! Almost immaculate! I don’t know, intentionally or accidentally, such a trimming was performed with “cutting off” of the head, but in this case it turned out to be very relevant. The boy as it looks into the frame to the viewer. Loved it! Solid 5!

Post has been editedkochrob - 14.10.07, 22:50

Rep: (2166)
I don’t know if this can be considered a portrait, a lot of distraction and the reflection of the sea in the car, and the mountain, and the car itself, but I like the picture:

Attached Image

portrait with dandelions
Attached Image

BombilCalabasov @ 08/09/07 11:40:07
not a bad portrait, except that framing is a little “not even”: it would be a little to press it to the right-top. And so it seems that the baby falls out of the frame to the left.

Post has been editedkochrob - 14.10.07, 22:52

Attached Image

Rep: (0)
Just go pee ...
Attached Image

Photo was taken on Victory Day

Attached Image

BombilCalabasov @ 09/06/07 10:30:38
Good picture, soulful ... But it could have been done better! Pay attention: part of the face is overexposed and not readable - this is bad. How could this be avoided?
Option one: remove this frame with bracketing at least +/- 1 step. Then out of three, one would surely turn out.
Option two: if the camera has the function of spot metering, then it was necessary to turn it on and make metering in the face. Or even on his own palm, substituting it under the sun in the same way as the face of the illuminated photo.
Option three: It was enough to slightly shift the frame down, then the dark space above, which dragged part of the exposure, would take a much smaller space in the frame and would allow the automation to calculate the overall exposure of the image more correctly.
Option four: shoot in RAW. As a rule, when converting from this format, you can always pull up such small flaws in the exposure.

Post has been editedkochrob - 27.10.07, 23:16

"Talk of generations"

Attached Image

Rep: (3)
Girl

Attached images
Attached Image

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 13/07/20, 19:59