TP-Link TL-WR740N - Discussion | [wifirouter] Discussion, firmware, problem solving

Rep: (1990)
TP-Link TL-WR740N- Discussion

Attached Image

The forum decided to post images under the spoiler Attached Image

A photo:
Attached ImageAttached Image

Description:
TL-WR740N is a combined wired / wireless networking device that provides access to the Internet and combines the functions of the router and the 4-port switcher. This router uses 802.11n technology and compatible with all devices that support standards 802.11b and 802.11g. It provides data transfer speed up to 150 Mbps, which significantly exceeds the speed of devices on the 11G database, and allows you to enjoy such applications as watching video, IP telephony and online games, anywhere in your home or office. Feel all the advantages of 11N technology together with TP-Link wireless devices!
Provides data transfer rates up to 150 Mbps
CCA technology improves wireless network performance by automatically preventing channel conflicts
WDS support for expanding your network
One-touch QSS quick setup
The priority function ensures the quality of sensitive applications such as video viewing and calls over the network
SPI firewall support and access control features
WPA / WPA2 encryption support
Full compatibility with devices that support the standards 802.11b / g / n

Specifications:
Hardware
Ports 4 10/100 Mbps LAN port
1 10/100 Mbps WAN port
Buttons Quick Protection Setting Button (QSS)
Reset button
External power supply 9V DC. current / 0,6A
Standards of wireless data transmission IEEE 802.11n *, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b
5dBi antenna fixed omnidirectional antenna
Size (W x L x H) 174 x 118 x 33 mm
Parameters of the wireless module
The frequency range of 2.4-2.4835 GHz
11n signaling speed: up to 150 Mbps (dynamic)
11g: up to 54 Mbps (dynamic)
11b: up to 11 Mbps (dynamic)
EIRP (Wireless Power)<20dBm (EIRP)
Sensitivity (reception) 130M: -68 dBm with 10% PER
108M: -68 dBm with 10% PER
54M: -68 dBm with 10% PER
11M: -85 dBm at 8% PER
6M: -88 dBm with 10% PER
1M: -90 dBm at 8% PER
Wireless functions Enable / Disable broadcast, WDS bridge, WMM, Statistics
Wireless protection 64/128/152-bit WEP / WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK
Software features
WAN connection type Dynamic IP / Static IP / PPPoE / PPTP (dual access) / L2TP (dual access) / BigPond
DHCP Server, Client, DHCP Client List, Address Reservation
QoS (Quality of Service) WMM, Bandwidth Control
Port Forwarding Virtual Server, Port Launch, UPnP, DMZ
Dynamic DNS DynDns, Comexe, NO-IP
VPN pass-through PPTP, L2TP, IPSec (ESP Head)
Access Control Parental Control, Local Control, Host List, Access Schedule, Rules Management
Network security (firewall) DoS, SPI firewall
Filtering by IP Addresses Filtering by MAC Addresses Domain Filter
Binding IP and MAC addresses
Management Access Control
Office in place
Remote control
Other
Certificates CE, FCC, RoHS
Scope of Delivery TL-WR740N
1 fixed omnidirectional antenna
Power Supply
Information disc
Quick Installation Guide
System Requirements MicrosoftВ® WindowsВ® 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista в„ў or Windows 7, MACВ® OS, NetWareВ®, UNIXВ® or Linux.
Environmental Parameters Operating Temperature: 0 ℃ ~ 40 ℃ (32 ~ 104 ℉)
Storage temperature: -40 ℃ ~ 70 ℃ (-40 ℉ ~ 158 ℉)
Humidity (operating mode): 10% ~ 90% non-condensing
Humidity (during storage): 5% ~ 90% non-condensing
Firmware
Useful:

Topic Curator: Topic with no curator

Post has been editedstp101 - 21.09.20, 17:51
Reason for editing: OpenWrt 19.07.4 for TP-Link TL-WR740N: V1, V2, V3, V4, V5, V6

Rep: (0)
Good evening. Tell me, if I have a version of the router on the box 4.25, what firmware should I download? 4.20 or just 4? And then 4.25 did not meet.
And advise where you can clearly read how to increase Internet speed on wi-fay, since the cord is 70 MB, and the air is about 13, although in the connection properties 54 MB ... I saw many articles on the network, but there is a specific advice and did not find how to get those notorious 150 MB, as indicated on the box.

Eminent85 @ 08.29.2014, 22:25*
Good evening. Tell me, if I have a version of the router on the box 4.25, what firmware should I download? 4.20 or just 4? And then 4.25 did not meet.

Put 4.20 from 03/14/2014
TP-Link TL-WR740N Firmware

Post has been editedniseig - 13.09.14, 23:44

Good day to all, I have a TP-Lonk TL-WR740N router.
There is a problem of the following plan: in the apartment of 3 computers all are connected to this router by paccords. but when 2 of them work and I turn on the third all the Internet break and no one gets it until I turn off one cord (patchcord), and such trouble does not depend on the computer, for whatever computer I connect with the third is always the same. works with two computers with 3 writes to ALL three "connection is limited or absent. Net speed is 100 megbit. please tell me how to cope with this trouble.

* Kayrik2011
Layout the router and computers.

That's what they asked for as far as I understood.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedctich - 20.09.14, 21:11
Reason for editing: spoiler

* Kayrik2011
Here you have no problems.
But what about other computers for settings?

when 2 any computer works you turn on the third and the Internet falls. absolutely any components, it is logical to assume that it is not in them.

* Kayrik2011
I can assume that from the operator’s side there is a limit of up to 2 mac addresses with ip.
Try to ask a question in their technical support, since the network mask on the router is / 24, which means there can be no conflict over ip.

Rep: (3)
Who is using this model for a long time, tell me. Does it cut the speed from 100 Mbits over the wire? In online games there are no jambs because of it, if there is a connection through the wire? How does it catch wi-fi and what speed does it give at a distance of 5-10 meters or through a wall? Well, in general, how does it work?

Post has been editedSergik495 - 25.09.14, 13:50

Rep: (19)
Sergik495
100 I do not know, 50 honest issues on the latest firmware. In games on the wire jambs are not noticed.
The waffle sometimes does not always work correctly (as a state employee in any way), on the "4".
There are no problems through the wall. 5-10 will take.

Comrades dear, there is no password to such a device, I want to reflash - but I can not enter.

How to reset the factory settings? Reset pressed - does not help. thank.

* besemen,
http://www.tp-link.ua/…_QIG_7106503883_EN.pdf

Rep: (149)
I can assume that from the operator’s side there is a limit of up to 2 mac addresses with ip.

If the Internet comes to the router, then the operator’s hardware "sees" only one MAC address - the address of the router.

I want to connect Sonya ps3 to a media server via DLNA, via wi-fi. Before that, there was a d-link dir 300, everything worked. On the tp-link wi-fi catches the prefix in the Internet goes, but does not see the media server. Last firmware.

but the media server does not see.

Maybe there should be a port forwarding: scratch_one-s_head:

What does port forwarding mean?

Did so:
https://yadi.sk/i/JTml8WsSc28xW
On the console, the following parameters:
https://yadi.sk/i/pFQAPd06c293U

It did not work (((

Rep: (1)
The people are not who did not try to install dd-rwt or openwrt, I would like to know if it does not add stability to the signal, etc.

Rep: (70)
Hello, I ask for help.
TP-LINK WR740N router, directly from the ISP cable, distributes the Internet. Connecting from an Android device, there is a connection, but there is no internet.
I reset the settings of the router, entered ip, dns, gateway provider, there is a connection, there is internet, but for about 30 minutes. Then again the situation with the connection is OK, there is no Internet. The second day I was tormented by the settings of the router, the channels, there is already no strength and ideas. Advise whom to contact, or who is the culprit, or what can be done?

PS: I had two weeks to do everything, and at first everything was fine, there were no delays, I watched online movies online, and two days ago I felt like it was shaky.

Rep: (361)
* phoenix_gm
what provider?
Is DHCP configured on the router?
the router receives the settings from the provider
As an option, find out if your provider has a MAC address binding
phoenix_gm @ 10/21/2014, 11:11*
Reset router settings, entered ip, dns, gateway
what are you driving in?

Post has been editedvadim_1984 - 21.10.14, 23:05

Full version    

Help     rules