TP-Link TL-WR740N - Discussion | [wifirouter] Discussion, firmware, problem solving

Rep: (1990)
TP-Link TL-WR740N- Discussion

Attached Image

The forum decided to post images under the spoiler Attached Image

A photo:
Attached ImageAttached Image

Description:
TL-WR740N is a combined wired / wireless networking device that provides access to the Internet and combines the functions of the router and the 4-port switcher. This router uses 802.11n technology and compatible with all devices that support standards 802.11b and 802.11g. It provides data transfer speed up to 150 Mbps, which significantly exceeds the speed of devices on the 11G database, and allows you to enjoy such applications as watching video, IP telephony and online games, anywhere in your home or office. Feel all the advantages of 11N technology together with TP-Link wireless devices!
Provides data transfer rates up to 150 Mbps
CCA technology improves wireless network performance by automatically preventing channel conflicts
WDS support for expanding your network
One-touch QSS quick setup
The priority function ensures the quality of sensitive applications such as video viewing and calls over the network
SPI firewall support and access control features
WPA / WPA2 encryption support
Full compatibility with devices that support the standards 802.11b / g / n

Specifications:
Hardware
Ports 4 10/100 Mbps LAN port
1 10/100 Mbps WAN port
Buttons Quick Protection Setting Button (QSS)
Reset button
External power supply 9V DC. current / 0,6A
Standards of wireless data transmission IEEE 802.11n *, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b
5dBi antenna fixed omnidirectional antenna
Size (W x L x H) 174 x 118 x 33 mm
Parameters of the wireless module
The frequency range of 2.4-2.4835 GHz
11n signaling speed: up to 150 Mbps (dynamic)
11g: up to 54 Mbps (dynamic)
11b: up to 11 Mbps (dynamic)
EIRP (Wireless Power)<20dBm (EIRP)
Sensitivity (reception) 130M: -68 dBm with 10% PER
108M: -68 dBm with 10% PER
54M: -68 dBm with 10% PER
11M: -85 dBm at 8% PER
6M: -88 dBm with 10% PER
1M: -90 dBm at 8% PER
Wireless functions Enable / Disable broadcast, WDS bridge, WMM, Statistics
Wireless protection 64/128/152-bit WEP / WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK
Software features
WAN connection type Dynamic IP / Static IP / PPPoE / PPTP (dual access) / L2TP (dual access) / BigPond
DHCP Server, Client, DHCP Client List, Address Reservation
QoS (Quality of Service) WMM, Bandwidth Control
Port Forwarding Virtual Server, Port Launch, UPnP, DMZ
Dynamic DNS DynDns, Comexe, NO-IP
VPN pass-through PPTP, L2TP, IPSec (ESP Head)
Access Control Parental Control, Local Control, Host List, Access Schedule, Rules Management
Network security (firewall) DoS, SPI firewall
Filtering by IP Addresses Filtering by MAC Addresses Domain Filter
Binding IP and MAC addresses
Management Access Control
Office in place
Remote control
Other
Certificates CE, FCC, RoHS
Scope of Delivery TL-WR740N
1 fixed omnidirectional antenna
Power Supply
Information disc
Quick Installation Guide
System Requirements MicrosoftВ® WindowsВ® 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista в„ў or Windows 7, MACВ® OS, NetWareВ®, UNIXВ® or Linux.
Environmental Parameters Operating Temperature: 0 ℃ ~ 40 ℃ (32 ~ 104 ℉)
Storage temperature: -40 ℃ ~ 70 ℃ (-40 ℉ ~ 158 ℉)
Humidity (operating mode): 10% ~ 90% non-condensing
Humidity (during storage): 5% ~ 90% non-condensing
Firmware
Useful:

Topic Curator: Topic with no curator

Post has been editedstp101 - 21.09.20, 17:51
Reason for editing: OpenWrt 19.07.4 for TP-Link TL-WR740N: V1, V2, V3, V4, V5, V6

Rep: (0)
Help properly configure TP-LINK TL-WR740N. On my router, the settings indicator is constantly flashing, so it should be?

Rep: (1005)
fedulaev, here everything looked? http://www.tp-linkru.com/article/?faqid=92

Rep: (1)
In general, the problem appeared after reinstalling Windows, the settings of the router did not change until reinstallation, and now I cannot enter them, I enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and it gives me this

Post has been editedMczloy - 24.04.13, 20:39

Hello, please help. the problem is ---
I have a wifi router described in the subject! I want to distribute my Internet by wi-fi. I have an Internet connection through a 4g modem, but this is not particularly important, the point is that my Internet connection is via a computer. Here is the sequence of my actions:
I connect the 4G modem to my PC, then I connect the router to the LAN port and then to my PC (as it is easy to guess), then I enter ip 192.168.0.12 in the LAN settings (for example) and after that I can enter the router’s web interface, but Here are the next steps I do not know exactly! help me, I tried a lot of things. describe, perhaps, step by step what to do and where to connect and where to enter what, respectively.

(additionally)

I have a wi-fi dwa520 dlink receiver and I can enter the web interface through it even if the settings are automatic. there to click auto-detect, then it defines a static ip. here is a small snag-- I have a non-static ip in the modem, it changes often !! in general, in 4G modem, the login and password are worth it.
In general, explain step by step what to poke and whether it is necessary (if statically determined) to find out some data from the provider and in general the provider is obliged to give such data or may not give? thank you in advance!!!
P.S. I often see your forum when I get on Google for such issues, so I think that if they can help it is only here)))

Rep: (2735)
I connect the 4G modem to my PC, then I connect the router to the LAN
About the same story
As I understand it, you have a bb, which has no waffles. You insert the Internet whistle into the BB and want to distribute the Internet through a router using a wired connection from the computer to the router (I hope that when setting up the connection, you meant that the wire should not be plugged into the LAN port of the router, but in the WAN)

Rep: (24)
I bought a router for the action. It is worth the firmware provider "Ilim-Telecom", which does not allow to reflash. The provider itself does not suit me. I want to jump on the other, and untie the router. How can something be done? Below are the screenshots of the settings of the router, they are radically different, and there is no point on flashing there. Firmware Version: ITK WIFI ROUTER Barrier Breaker r37018 / LuCI Trunk (svn-r9844)
Attached Image
I bought a router for the action. It is worth the firmware provider "Ilim-Telecom", which does not allow to reflash. The provider itself does not suit me. I want to jump on the other, and untie the router. How can something be done? Below are the screenshots of the settings of the router, they are radically different, and there is no point on flashing there. Firmware Version: ITK WIFI ROUTER Barrier Breaker r37018 / LuCI Trunk (svn-r9844)
Attached Image

Found a terribly difficult instruction, in English. language and, to restore the standard firmware. If anyone can help me figure it out, I will be grateful and fill it up, and I think many can come in handy.
Here is the instruction:http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr741nd#back.to.original.firmware

Rep: (5)
The same router is available with version 4.23. Is it possible to do authorization on it with 802.1x? If there is, I would like instructions and download links.

Probably, I'm completely new and just stupid. Here, I did everything, the Internet works on the computer, directly connected to the router, both smart cards are connected via wi-fi, but, as a fact: the smart browser does not load pages))) connection shows))) what's the matter?)))

Rep: (849)
vamphelena The phone connects to the Wi-Fi network, but the Internet does not work (browsers do not load anything and the market does not open

Help the modem, but then there was no reaction, it starts up and all the diodes are flashing in revenge, I press reset, it turns on the diode lock, it does not see the computer, I dialed 192.168.1.1 zero, in which problem?

Rep: (849)
ser.fast, try to dial 192.168.0.1

ser.fast, try to dial 192.168.0.1

I tried not to go for revenge, or the diodes were on or the lock was on, and always, it’s like 1 hour somewhere and it’s not even showing dsl or wifi

Rep: (3)
Help the modem, but then there was no reaction, it starts up and all the diodes are flashing in revenge, I press reset, it turns on the diode lock, it does not see the computer, I dialed 192.168.1.1 zero, in which problem?

Yesterday, the trouble was encountered, the constant was struggle with TPLink WR740N V4 times 3 per week hangs and only the reboot helps. Here Wivde that appeared a new firmware on the official. The site TPL, download, stood up the configuration, put it through the web interface to flash, it reached 100% and hung, hung for 5 minutes, I decided it to a manual off, and then on, but after I saw the flashing "garlands" on the modem, all the LEDs are constantly mined 2 seconds POWER burns, after the rest light up for a couple of seconds and again from the beginning. If you press and hold the reset, the Sappora of seconds hangs in the POWER Summation and the castle, after again gerble. Not in one LAN does not see the network in general, only for a couple of seconds when you press the reset. What to do?
Opened found the connector for firmware via SERIAL PORT found the date the old cable was soldered, and what's next, he still does not see it.

I sewed a third time, everything is okay. With firmware, you need to connect with an ethernet cable!, If you connect via a wafer, then there will be a scribe.
The link is pretty clearhttp: //www.tp-link.com.c...nload/? model = TL-WR740N
When flashing, the IP for access to the router changes. By default, it will be if memory serves 192.168.0.1, login and password: admin, then you can change as you wish.

Post has been editedvgalanov - 25.05.14, 14:28

Rep: (4)
KeyRea1 @ 04/27/2014, 1:27 PM*
KeyRea1

Here is the link, I think it will help, a lot of TP-Links raised this way;)
http://inkindly.ru/201...81%D0%BB%D0%B5-dd-wrt/

If after incl. the router lights up and when the reset button is pressed, the lock lights up, it is possible to flash without unzipping; and read the logs, there the router writes what it needs, download the firmware, rename, specify the path and the next request will start downloading the firmware, will load and reload for a long time, then reboot itself, and that's it. the router came back to life

My Wi-Fi router (TP-Link wr740n) periodically loses the Internet and no longer finds it. If you connect the Internet directly to your computer, wire from the wall, everything works and nothing is lost.
Actions taken by me:
Reboot the computer
Resetting the settings and reinstalling all the software that came with the router
Tried to put primary dns 8.8.8.8,
and of course pinged.
Answers from the gateway and dns go, but from third-party sites (Yandex, Google) do not go.
With grief on the floors, the Internet can be returned. I do not understand how. I reset settings, reboot, install software from disk five times, reboot. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Often the loss of connection occurs when playing Stalker Misery, as I managed to notice (but the Internet sometimes disappears when playing other online games). Before it was not, there were no problems with the Internet, as established (three days ago), these dances with tambourines began.
Please help.

Rep: (12)
And why software from the disk? I use these discs as cups for cups, but I don’t know how to look like software from them for a long time))))
8.8.8.8 In the proposure router as Secondary DNS, and the primers remain providers (register with handles and on experimenting which if there are two of them, you need to leave ... Sometimes the provider can suggest) sometimes helps to put the Static IP instead of Dinamic IP. (This is all done in order if the provider has a switch on the roof or where he is burning there and can not be adequately in DHCP it is all possible) But the DNS is prescribed manually even useful. And all this is prescribed in the router, and your software from the disk in the scrap it is just an extra operative eats .... Of course there is an option that you have viruses on a computer (because software with disks use, then the Widows system). I recommend downloading any Linux distribution and burn it to the disk Yes Yes on your favorite blanks and loads from it without installing on a computer (if you want to drink, Durgy meals from your screw), and then watch how the network behaves under Linux if the closes stopped demolition Your broom))) And the recorded dweller to help you)))).
If the cliffs remain, try this piece of iron on another provider. It did not help anyway - to the store for a new piece of iron is more interesting)))
Linux example: ubuntu lts any live DVD.

Forgive me if where it is not clearly written, this t9 on the android is naughty)))

Post has been editedpoohcoolguy - 18.07.14, 18:14

Everything is working. The problem was in the cord from the Internet. The latch broke and the wire did not fit snugly against the socket. Tied, everything works.

Help the guys to flash the 740n link; the lock is on, and checking through the browser doesn’t come.

Post has been editedSanich84 - 09.08.14, 12:54

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 02.01.21, 21:08