Windows 8.1 | [windowsos] discussion

Rep: (2729)

Description
    Windows 8.1 - the operating system Windows NT family of manufacturing by Microsoft, the next time the output of Windows 8 and to Windows 10. It is designed for workstations, personal computers, and portable devices; version, designed to solve the problems of server - Windows Server 2012 R2. Compared with Windows 8 is a series of updates and changes in the GUI. Windows 8.1, as well as Windows 8 is focused on the sensor PC, but do not preclude the use of classic PC.

The main task of Windows 8.1 is to improve functions that are essential to employees of various companies and enterprises. Among the updates that provide Windows 8.1, it is indicated, including, more convenient file synchronization, improved authentication system for access to corporate resources, simplified connection to the printer via Wi-Fi and NFC. Also, the Windows 8.1 users will be able to set up your device so that it is immediately displayed when you turn on your desktop, bypassing the startup screen. Updates will some improvements in the work of the 11th version of Internet Explorer.

What's new about Windows 8
useful links
Installation and Update
Customization
Backup and Restore

Post has been editedM | A | G - 02.06.20, 18:26
Reason for editing: Updating headers

Rep: (60)
Shoore @ 07.03.2013, 14:56*
Aero will not be without

+1.
Anyway, even if you turn off the subway in eight many interface elements made in the style of the metro look eerily poor.
Metro - IMHO one of the greatest Feil microsoft.

Rep: (168)
Metro did not exactly shut off, it will spit in all those who had already napokupat applications ihnem store.
In general, why they are interested in the app store for a desktop system do? In Makos any, in yubntu something like this is, in Androyd have even been simbiante. Generally somewhere other than its Windows it still is not.? Closer integration with social networks, I would like to again, 21 in the courtyard of the Internet is no longer a rarity.
I poyuzat yubuntu bit and was pleasantly surprised. Unified notification system, integration with Skype and icq, applications directory with their easy installation, even with the cloud has some settings stored there. Sorry for herself stupid system. I would like to like, and from windose, but in this direction and do not itch ...

Post has been editedAlex93 - 08.03.13, 18:01

Rep: (77)
Alex93
I'll surprise you if I say that in their store for the metro, desktop software for Windows is also on sale?

Alex93 @ 08.03.2013, 19:00*
Metro does not shut off exactly

The first big an update for Win will already beopportunity to turn it off. For in its present form it has caused in users of a sea of ​​hatred that was seen by Microsoft.
Alex93 @ 08.03.2013, 19:00*
I would like to like, and from windose, but in this direction and do not itch ...

Exactly. but it seems to be straight out of the skin to make the climb and for the company and for the same AXIS phones that I think there is probably the worst idea ever visited them. In any case, the interface for thephones By default, your computer is already something unhealthy to say the least (sorry mate forbidden). I'm not talking about the interface itself, as such, which does not have a small portion of people sickened.

Don willy
This aversion herd instinct rather than personal opinion of each. Just once someone first wrote that shit OS and the remaining stupidly began to repeat it, nepoyuzav. And then went self-hypnosis and everything.

Rep: (433)
oZEROth2008 @ 09.03.2013, 16:31*
Just once someone first wrote that shit OS and the remaining stupidly began to repeat it, nepoyuzav. And then went self-hypnosis and everything.

The standard excuse: drag:

oZEROth2008 @ 09.03.2013, 14:57*
I'll surprise you if I say that in their store for the metro, desktop software for Windows is also on sale?

Very surprised. All programs that I met there were commonplace references on the developer site. Their purchase means maykrosoftovskih account is not possible, the program is not tied to this account is not updated with standard system tools.

} {uMuK
no one has repealed the herd instinct)

Rep: (55)
oZEROth2008
Do not confuse the herd instinct of common sense, first, only the first time you can follow. Many people do not like the interface sharpened by the touch operation on the stationary machine and you have no way to verify that these large tiles comfortably under a standard pisishnyh Management Claudia / mouse, rather than the classic desktop, which looks more like a work environment than vin8 interface, more like interface payment terminals.
oZEROth2008 @ 09.03.2013, 16:31*
and the remaining stupidly began to repeat it, nepoyuzav.

Becoming the second system poyuzat with another week, I realized that focused on the sensor interface in my statsionarnike not needed, but more 8ka from 7ki fundamentally nothing special is no different (except that in the details), so 7ka quite satisfied.
PS: it is right now, just such a fashion went, all rushed to the interface for sensor cut (win8 + metro / ubuntu + unity), even where it is not needed, you just have to endure, and all will return to within reason.

Post has been editedEagleXTX - 09.03.13, 23:33

EagleXTX
Desk someone has canceled or something? Or you can not find how to get to the desktop? Or perhaps you hotkeys can not learn, which is not so much, for permanent use?

Post has been editedoZEROth2008 - 10.03.13, 14:00

oZEROth2008
You should not consider themselves smarter than others. Desk did not find the problem, the problem is that it is secondary, primary and metro, and access to certain features of Windows did not very convenient, such as call features "My Computer", ie click Start on the clave (and it is, I personally usually pushed away, it would not hurt), then Right-click on an empty space underground, then all the applications, then the properties of "My Computer." What makes access to the standard functions of Windows (Control Panel, Administrative Tools, etc.), only through the exit in the subway, I personally do not understand ?! And over time, in the "Application" accumulate such a dump of the icons to find out there is that the move will not be so easy.

And yes, there where you saw the purchase and download of conventional applications? For example I find in the Market Google Chrome and see only the "Go to the publisher's Web site."

Post has been editedEagleXTX - 10.03.13, 15:03

EagleXTX @ 10.03.2013, 15:51*
properties of "My Computer"
Computer Properties for centuries called by Win + PAUSE. My Computer customize (change desktop icons) - to display on your desktop.
In general, in this dispute, I'm on your side, why, despite all the charm Eight prefer the previous version. But the guys are not Mincer and comparison of the axes, but simply light a flame about, for example, hotelok or rumors about what will be new in the next version.

Shoore,
I can assume that 9ke will attempt to reach a compromise between the sensor-driven interface and standard, and most likely a normal desktop drank.

oZEROth2008
Well no.
I metro aversion causes for well-founded and purely personal reasons.
I liked aero, voluminous application icons, and of all sorts of decorations interface. Artist Win7 interface.
And then a simplified interface to all theoretically possible, is not enough unless the black and white make for a complete zen.
And it reminded me of another movie, where the hero came to the future where everything is terribly stupid downs, and that's where he came to the hospital at the reception at the nurse was about as the same interface. That's just the film was the year 2004, and then it was funny. But now predicted comes true but not in 500 years. And yet, yes, I have the impression that haunts the underground - the interface to Down's syndrome. To God forbid do not overload the brain of excess a button or extra flourishes.
In addition, it in my opinion is simply not aesthetic.
Plus it functional forso PC though not very good - it is the interface for the phone. But let's really not going to interfere with the sweet salty? On phones will let a single interface on the PC and all the other.
So no herd mentality.
And I'm not the only one. And if a lot of people do not like it does not mean that these people have a herd mentality, which means that it is not really like the thing is not good.
You are here for example there would have been sorry, feces? No? I am of the herd mentality?

Post has been editedDon willy - 10.03.13, 15:15

In general, of course if they have built in the metro wide customization (it is like to 5 html-based e ?!) .. I think people would have liked (or even just squares and rectangles without any possibility of this diversity depressing) :)

Rumors: The Windows Blue will be the desktop

Alex93, copy-paste : D

Shoore @ 17.03.2013, 20:49*
copy-paste

* Put it on ubuntu jump and went for vodka ...

Rep: (1304)
oZEROth2008 @ 10.03.2013, 15:00*
Desk someone has canceled or something? Or you can not find how to get to the desktop? Or perhaps you hotkeys can not learn, which is not so much, for permanent use?
No one, moreover, did not cancel the possibility of shipping the system directly into the desktop mode, if you really do not like Metro;)
eg Calling the "My Computer", ie click Start on the clave (and it is, I personally usually pushed away, it would not hurt), then Right-click on an empty space underground, then all the applications, then the properties of "My Computer."
Win-pause, or pravklats the icon "My Computer" is no longer in vogue?
What makes access to the standard functions of Windows (Control Panel, Administrative Tools, etc.), only through the exit in the subway, I personally do not understand ?!
Bring the mouse to the right edge of the screen and click of the left button settings - it is difficult?

Rep: (1)
I 8ke to neutral, it is now I should not complain.
By the tiles used, but the period of adaptation I broke all my records (almost all new Oski mastered quickly, but then ...). What really liked it, so it's an app store, it is a pity that they are so far few and miserable. Most annoying is that in the user selection screen procedure users varies depending on who last used, so far from it burns the soft tissue. And transparency: it was removed (yes, I CEP).

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 27/08/20, 17:57