How to remove ads | We remove ads in games, browsers and other applications

Rep: (0)
We remove ads in iOS

Instructions for devices withjailbreakand without!

Ways in which jailbreak is required are marked with a marker.[J]
For instructions on how to get a jailbreak for your iOS, see this section:
[FAQ] Guide to instructions for jailbreaking

Method IEditing the hosts file ( / etc / ) [J]
Description
  • This list contains the most popular advertising networks. . On the Internet you can find files with a large number of records, but most of them are irrelevant, because contains one-day sites, temporary sites in India, China, etc. It makes no sense to install such a hosts file with a huge number of lines (20,000 or more) - advertising is unlikely to become smaller, and the Internet is guaranteed to run slower.
    Therefore, I post my file, which contains frequently encountered advertising platforms:

Link to download ( Mirror ) There are no viruses!

Installation Scheme:
• Download the filehosts
• Drop into the directory/ etcthrough anyfile manager
• Reboot.

Stay tuned! Files are periodically updated!

Note
  • After installing the filehostsin a programmeCydiaYou may encounter the following "surprises":
    1. In Cydia, there are empty windows after blocking ads
    2. Sometimes descriptions of tweaks disappear.
    This is due to the fact that the owners of the repositories deliberately insert advertising into the description.
    Therefore, by blocking one, the other is blocked.

There are no options for solving these nuances!
    Or use Cydia to the fullest with viewing ads
    either usehostswith empty space, while risking discarding the description of the packages.

• How to download hosts file directly from iOS device? We will need:

• ProgramPuffin web browser+ file manager (Filza file manageroriFile)
      Attached Image
      Attached Image
      Attached Image
      Attached Image
      Attached Image
      Attached Image
      Attached Image
      Attached Image

Next, copy the downloaded file to the folder/ etc

• Safari + programCloud Mail.Ru+ file manager (Filza file manageroriFile)
      In safari
      Attached Image

Go to your account on mail.ru (in your mail), after which
      Attached Image

Next, go to the "Mail.Ru Cloud"
      Attached Image
      Attached Image
      Attached Image
      Attached Image

Attached Image

Next, copy the downloaded file to the folder/ etc

Note: if you do not have mail.ru, but are on other sites (say, yandex or gmail), you can also use the cloud:
      Attached Image

How to catch advertising yourself
  • How to "catch" ads on sites on the device itself:
    • Clear the cache in Safari (Settings application)
    • Turn on wifi
    • Open the application we need, advertising goes
    • We press on advertising opens Safari
    • Go to the cookie (Application Settings, Safari, Add-ons, Site Data)
    • We see the sites that have opened when the advertisement appears, add them to the hosts file

• How to "catch" advertising sites on the PC

Method II Download fromCydia Firewall ip . [J]
Description
When opening applications with ads, a tweet window of FirewallIP pops up, click on "deny all . As a result, the Internet connection for the program is blocked, which means that the advertisement does not load.
Learn more about tweak work intopic

How to disable spontaneous opening of AppStore using tweak:
To block such advertising
- Turn on tweak
- Open the application. Next comes the message "allow / deny access to the Internet"
- See the address with the advertisement in this message, copy it and paste it into your filehosts
- After the previous item FirewallIP can be disabled

Method III Remove advertising images from the program folder
Description
It often happens that advertising is installed along with the program itself, and is not downloaded from the iAd server.
Therefore, through anyfile manageryou can go to/ User / Containers / Bundle / Application /the application we need(on iOS7 firmware and below the path/ User / Applications /), find these files with an advertisement and delete (most often these are files with the png extension).
So, for example, I removed ads from Ubooks-Free, Business Books.

Method IV Installing an extension for Safari
>iOS9
In iOS9, it became possible to install extensions for Safari, including ad blockers. Install them is not difficult. Download the desired application from the AppStore, then go to Settings в†’ Safari в†’ Content blocking rules and turn on the downloaded blocker.

1. Adguard(more about the programon the developer's site) - allows you to use both built-in filters and customize your own.
    Adblock multi. Very nice interface, support for Russian, Ukrainian databases, protection against phishing and spam sites and requests. Quite affordable price compared to its competitors.
  2. Blockbear. Fresh program from the developers of the famous VPN service TunnelBear. Does not block ads on Russian-language sites. And so pretty nice interface, the ability to customize the white list, delete social buttons, etc.
  3. Purify. The program is good, cuts advertising (scripts, images, banners). But it has a small Russian database of sites to block. Sometimes hard blocks, even what is not necessary. Also, minus the application is the high price (220 rubles)
  4. 1Blocker. The application has a rather nice interface, but does not block all advertising (on some Russian-speaking sites, it still skips). Also cool feature is to create your own lock options.
  5. Crystal. The application is good, but the base is very small, on the Russian-language sites advertising misses almost all. Also no settings. But the price is quite affordable (29 rubles)

There are also applications: adblock, adguard, LemonBlock, 1Blocker, HeyBlocker !, AdFence, Ad Clean, Adblock All, Ad Blocker, AdsNoMore
<iOS9 [J]

Download fromCydiatweakAdblocker [J]

Tweak helps to save traffic and increase the speed of loading pages, killing ads.
Works in ALL browsers (Safari, iCabMobile, Puffin, Opera Mini, etc.), as well as in applications,
in which browser browsing is integrated (UIWebView).

You can also add your own filters and block ads on the fly.
(we make a long tap on the image that we want to remove, click on + AdBlocker Rule)

Adblockeris a complete analogue of the extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera on PC,
even base takes from one source: siteEasylist

Method V Remove iAd (Apple's advertising platform)
for devices withjailbreakth [J]
Semi-automatic way
Download and install the programiAdRemover!

If suddenly you decide that you want to bring the iAd platform back, just delete this tweak.
Manual mode
Delete the following folders from the system:
com.apple.iad.adlibd
iAdFramework.axbundle
iAd.framework
iAdCore.framework

for devices withoutjailbreak-but
- Open Safari and go to the sitehttp://www.cydiahacks.com/iads.html
- Click on the link "Disable All iAds"
- There is an error "Can not install the program because the certificate for" cydiahacks.com "is invalid.
Do not pay attention to the error, just click onOK
- Open the application that contained the iAd advertisement and you will see that the advertisement has disappeared!
After rebooting the device, you must repeat the procedure!

Consequences: in most free applications from Appstore annoying ads will disappear.

Method VIWe remove advertising through the programFlex [J]
Description
Tweak is designed toselfcreate various modifications to the programs. Also havethe ability to download ready-made solutions (patches) from the cloud . Therefore, it is possible to block advertising in applications without certain knowledge in programming - for this we go to the Flex cloud (in the program itself), select the desired program, find the patch blocker, download and activate it

Moreover, I created a themeReady-made patches for Flex - change iOS to unreplaceable! where you can see the desired ad blocking patch and in case of its absence make a request for development.

If you want to create ad blockers in Flexby myself , here is a small instruction:
How to make a patch yourself

Immediately warn the wayNOT FOR ALL! We need a minimum understanding of programming
Open flex, then add the application you need, then you need to find our ad, you can do it like this:
In the search for creating a patch, we look for the value of iad, banner, ad (abbreviation advertisement), add these values ​​to the patch, then check the operation of the program.

The specific value responsible for advertising in each application is impossible to say, because it all depends on the developers themselves. So, let's say, in some applications, I removed ads by finding the value of baner (that is, with one letter "n", and not with two). Everything is individual, so I wrote that the flex removal method is not for everyone

Method VIIWe remove advertising in programs by changing the access rights to the Caches folder [J]
Description
What is the access rights, read the topic [FAQ] Access rights and ownership
- Go to the folder with the program (/ User / Applications / YOUR_PROGRAM /)
- We are looking for a folderCaches
- Expose the rights to it (Read, Run)
The program will try to load ads into the Caches folder, but it won't work because we put a ban on data recording.
Attached Image
Attached Image

Method VIIIRemove ads in Safari (Pop-Up banners) by turning off JavaScript
Description
- Go to the program "Settings"
- Go to the menu item "Safari"
- Next, click on the "Add-ons"
- Deactivate JavaScript switch

Note! JavaScript will stop working on sites! Totally! Those. spoilers, pop-ups, etc. will not open

Method IXRemove ads in Safari by changing the DNS server
Description
1. Go to the program "Settings"
2. Open the WiFi settings
3. Choose your network
4. In the column DNS we enter one of the following addresses:
An article on this topic(in English)

Attached Image
Attached Image

Note!
- List of blocked sites, etc.until not very big!
- The Internet with this method will work slightly slower,
because DNS servers on your network are usually faster than DNS servers from the list above.
- If in the browser does not open any page you need,
in this case, remove the DNS and try again.

X wayWe use HTTP Proxy
Description

These methods are not a panacea, some advertising will still not be able to be removed.
and nothing can be done about it ...

Material prepared:
directorgeneral

--------------------
See also topics:

✰✰ READY PATHS FOR FLEX -CHANGE IOS TO UNKNOWNABILITY! ✰✰
✰✰ Hide extra menu items in the "Settings" ✰✰
✰✰ Change the system fonts in iOS. PUSH! ✰✰
✰✰ Increase call history! ✰✰

Post has been editeddirectorgeneral - 19.05.17, 10:56

Rep: (13)
how would all this stuff in keenetic ... :(

Rep: (77)
It is a pity that for all methods except the third you need a jail.

Rep: (114)
CommWarior I think Apple would hardly voluntarily allow them to remove their own bread - iAd .

Although, of course, something developers could come up with without jailbreaking. For example, integrate the Adblocker extension into browsers.
I think for programmers iCabMobile, OperaMini or GoogleChrome it was very easy ...

Rep: (1695)
Repo URL:http://exilecom.altervista.org/cydia/
Tweak - RemoveAds
By Exile.90 (iCleaner)

Also removes ads :)

Post has been editedT0ugh - 26.01.13, 21:23

Rep: (33)
T0ugh
The tweak you are talking about does what is indicated in the header (onlyMethod I, the other ways this tweak does not apply).
Moreover, the file that contains more records in the header and, last but not least, is sharpened more under the Runet ...
Therefore, I recommend to download the hosts file from here, and not from the specified repository!

Post has been editedbasy56 - 27.01.13, 10:28

Rep: (1695)
basy56,
I will use this method. Thanks for the information!

Post has been editedT0ugh - 14.02.13, 03:51

Thank!

Rep: (105)
Tell me, is it possible to get rid of advertising somehow without a Jail?

George Colton,
Only what is specified in the third method!

Plus, in ios 6.1, you can slightly limit the output of the displayed ads in applications from the Appstore, but even setting a limit, advertising is still annoying, so the best way out of this situation is all jailbreaking. :)

Hello ... maybe it's just me so stupid ......... therefore I ask for help. You can specify the full path to these folders that you need to manually remove from the latter method.

ppova
What's the problem to download and run a script that will automatically do everything?

And then, at least you would indicate the firmware version ...

Rep: (105)
basy56, Is iFile from sidium indicated there? Just the one that in the AppStore can not get into the system ...

George Colton,

Of course, it cannot, but if you open iFunbox on your computer, then if memory serves me, access to applications from the AppStore appears!

In any case, the capabilities of the device without jailbreak are severely limited, so I would still recommend putting it on and removing unnecessary advertisements without unnecessary trouble using all the methods from the header;)

Post has been editedbasy56 - 19.02.13, 10:21

Rep: (255)
iSeven ,
I want to buy AdBlocker tweak, but not very flattering reviews about it. Allegedly, then removes advertising, it does not remove. I would like to know your opinion (because you indicated it as one of the ways to combat advertising), is it worth buying it?

Post has been editednirotub - 19.02.13, 12:15

Rep: (120)
Nothing helps. I can not remove ads from Google, in a couple of applications, maybe some other ways during this time appeared?

And, yes, the antivirus responds to the host file in the header, what can it be? How many times I edited it manually and threw this file from the iPhone to the computer and back, this was not

3. Open the application we need, advertising goes
4. Click on the ad opens Safari

In my case, the app opens

Post has been editedldsn - 19.02.13, 18:47

that it does not work in 5 ways, the terminal is installed, ifunbox does not open the port. MobileTerminal does not understand the commands from under the spoiler either.

Post has been editeda.k.74 - 19.02.13, 19:25

ldsn,
1. The five ways indicated in the header are not a panacea, some advertisements really cannot be removed and nothing can be done about it ...

2. With regard to advertising has already been said the following:

File name look in the archive! hosts .. and now go to windows:

C: \ Windows \ System32 \ drivers \ etc

What file do you see? Correct hosts (the name is exactly the same as in the archive).

The name of the threat in your antivirus indicates that you are downloading a file that in his opinion supposedly changes the system (see above)!

But the file is not intended for Windows at all, but for IOS! Therefore, your antivirus swears in vain ...

PS1 Use normal antivirus :)

PS2 If you do not want to give up this antivirus, then at least read what he writes to you :)

PS3 If someone is afraid to download, open ios iFile, in which rename the filehosts(by the address/ etc /) athosts.txt, open this file through a text editor and add the line127.0.0.1 rpetri.ch. Save the file, rename it back tohosts. Do respring / reboot and voila advertising in the Activator is no more.

By analogy, you can ban any site :)

Source here

How can a line consisting of the ip address of the system (127.0.0.1) and the addresses of the sites (which need to be blocked) harm Windows? Moreover, this file (hosts) is not executable and what is even more interesting is designed for IOS !!!

It is the same as installing two operating systems on a computer (Linux and Windows) and then saying that Linux files need to be deleted, because they are viruses in windows ...

Doesn't it smell like idiocy ?!

Source here

3. Safari opened on firmware ios4 - ios5.1.1. Starting from version 6, when you click it, the AppStore opens immediately.
Therefore, to block such advertising, you can use TweakFirewall ip:
- Turn on tweak
- Open the application. Next comes the message "allow / deny access to the Internet"
- See the address with the advertisement in this message, copy it and paste it into your hosts file
- After completing the previous item, FirewallIP can be disabled :)

Good luck!

a.k.74,
is openSSH worth it? Judging by your description no ...

Post has been editedbasy56 - 19.02.13, 19:30

Rep: (120)
How can a line consisting of the ip address of the system (127.0.0.1) and the addresses of the sites (which need to be blocked) harm Windows? Moreover, this file (hosts) is not executable and what is even more interesting is designed for IOS !!!

So what it is about, it's strange why the antivirus reacts to it. As already said, I repeatedly came across a host file, and transferred it to a computer and back - the antivirus was silent. Again, they offer to download ARCHIVE and not one file of hosts and this archive is downloaded to the Comp! ...

Use normal antivirus

Would indicate which normal ... Nod 32 in normal is not included?

If you don’t want to refuse this antivirus, then at least read what it writes to you

Ok, read and even googled - Trojan Qhost

Trojan Qhost copies its file (s) to your hard disk. Its typical file name is Trojan.Win32.Qhost.d.exe. Then it creates a startup key in the registry with the name Trojan Qhost and value Trojan.Win32.Qhost.d.exe. You can also find it in the process list with the name Trojan.Win32.Qhost.d.exe or Trojan Qhost.

ldsn,
again you are for your ... If you doubt that this file is clean, do all the actions on your gadget. IOS chats for viruses :)

And then judge for yourself, the file was downloaded 249 times and not a single complaint. Your first. Is it paranoia?

Would indicate which normal ... Nod 32 in normal is not included?

No, it is not included, read the links to posts that I gave you and you will understand that only this antivirus swears (Kaspersky, Dr. Web, etc. are silent).
I will not say anything bad about Eset Nod 32, for this there are relevant topics.
Let me just say that you can not trust him in matters of security, especially when it comes to ios.

Post has been editedbasy56 - 19.02.13, 20:02

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 07/06/20, 19:30