FAC for Online Newspaper | the usefulness of different

Rep: (192)
FAQ on the Online Newspaper

Attached Image

Here will be collected answers to your questions related to the features of photography techniques, secrets that you share.
If you have a question and you did not find the answer here - CREATE a new topic separately with your problem. Moderators will then transfer here the most interesting and important.

Useful

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 14.08.19, 16:22
Reason for editing: renewal of caps, edited DarkJS

EXIFs save pls when processing.

Flesh [ZLO] 06/21/2007 19:13:03
pmaker, why do you need exifs so much?

It is unpleasant that the work that won in the 1st competition is questioned in relation to authorship. Here everyone is believed in the word. But pmaker, right. Saved EXIF, at least, will save you from such raids.
EXIF (English Exchangeable image file format.) -.. Standard, allowing you to add images and audio files for more information, comments on this file describing the conditions and methods of its production, authorship, etc. are widely used in connection with the advent of digital cameras. The information recorded in this format can be used by both the user and the various devices (e.g., a printer for direct printing from the camera). EXIF standard is extremely flexible (for example, allows you to save your receiver with GPS coordinates filming locations - this possibility is not used in domestic cameras), and allows for extensive development - as a rule, cameras are added to the file information that is specific only to that particular camera. Correctly interpret this information can only program from the camera manufacturer.

The format developer is Japan Electronics and Information Technology Association (JEITA).

These parameters can be viewed in image viewers, graphic editors and special programs:
Windows
Windows Explorer (Windows Explorer) - built-in multi-purpose shell. Call - My computer or open any folder. Enable display of detailed details of each file. After right-clicking on the column headings, select the displayed columns.
ACDSee (version 6.0 and higher) is a popular image viewer. Call: View / Properties / EXIF.
IrfanView (with EXIF ​​plug-in) is a free image viewer. Call: Image / Information / EXIF ​​info.
Photoshop (version 8.0 and higher) is a popular graphic editor. Call: File / Browse / Metadata.
FAR (with JpgExifViewer plugin) - file manager. Call: F11 / Jpeg EXIF ​​Viewer
XnViewhttp://www.xnview.com/
Aidsoid Viewer is a free image viewer. Call: Information / EXIF.

Unix / Linux
digiKam
Eye of GNOME
F-spot
GIMP (with Exif Browser extension)
gThumb
GQview - Challenge: Edit / Properties / Exif Data
Gwenview
ImageMagick (display) - Challenge: Miscellany / Image Info
jBrout
XnViewhttp://www.xnview.com/
A source:http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/EXIF

This post has been edited by kochrob on 07/01/07 12:09:32

SD Alone @ 07/01/07 7:00:54 PM
Also TotalCommander from version 7 with the plugin Lister (which already allows you to watch pictures). Down there is a camera icon and an EXIF ​​inscription.

Well, actually Opera too EXIF ​​shows a bit

Flesh [ZLO] 07.07.07 09:42:35
kochrob, SD Alone, pmaker, gentlemen, please tell me how, after cropping a photo in Photoshop, well, and reduce the size of the photo to leave exif? Thank you in advance.

SD Alone @ 07/02/07 10:13:24
Exif disappears, if Photoshop is worth, mine, the seventh or lower versions, all CS already save exif. Of course, if you do not rub it with your hands

Flesh [ZLO] 07/03/07 11:11:34
ABOUT! Exactly, if I do through "save for the web", then exif is rubbed ...

Post has been editedkochrob - 03.07.07, 17:26

R. Mihalych @ 07/01/07 3:23:18 PM
Lord experts!
Advise what program of photoshop is better to start using? I am new to this business, and therefore I would like to start with something not very messy and complex.

Man Without A Face @ 07/01/07 15:24:34
Photoshop

Speaking of the latest photoshop:http://mediatory.ru/faq49_faq_171_0.phtml

mur-mur-meow @ 07/01/07 23:00:04
AdobeВ® PhotoshopВ® Elements 5.0

Slid @ 07/02/07 7:08:11 PM
CS / CS2 if there is a rich collection of plugins and CS3, if you are not going to use plugins. Under CS3, many plug-ins just do not go, but CS3 is more convenient in operation (but this is just my point of view). At the very PC and laptop are CS and CS3.
My advice: put yourself a CS and buy a book Photoshop CS. Bible user author Dick McClelland.

Rep: (209)
How to properly resize?

As a rule, after reducing the physical size of the photo, it looks "zamylenny", not sharp. This is especially noticeable in the case when the resulting size does not have a direct multiplicity to the original, i.e. when the number of pixels does not decrease exactly in 2 - 3 -4, etc. times.

What can be done in this case?

The easiest way: apply a filter from the Photoshop program called Sharp. This filter increases the contrast at the transition and visually makes the picture more sharp. BUT! The action is pretty rough. Such photos are often criticized for being "reharpened" ...

I use a more subtle way:
1. After reducing the size of the photo, press Ctrl + A (select all) Ctrl + C (copy) Crtl + V (paste into a new layer)
2. Next, in the properties of the layer on the Layers tool, select the mode "Overlay"
3. In the filters, select Other - HightPass; in the parameters window set Radius = 0,5mm - OK
4. Press Ctrl + Shift + E to merge visible layers.

Compare with a simple "Sharp" - the effect is more subtle, but very noticeable!

software for working with RAW

Mur-mur-meow @ 07/31/07 23:44:46
aperture, lightroom
IMHO the aperture for the photographer is optimal
http://www.apple.ru/aperture/

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom v1.1 Full Version (30.2 MB + cure) is takenhereandhere

Portable Adobe Lightroom 1.1 Portable version. (16.9 MB)
swinghereandhereorhere

Slid @ 08/02/07 7:39:43 PM
is ready:Adobe Photoshop Lightroom v 1.1 30 MBThe program itself and the key to it. All working

gabby @ 08/03/07 18:47:26
Capture One PRO 3.7.7 (2007)timeandtwoandthree

Slid @ 08/08/07 8:07:30 PM
Here is another review of the converterLightzone

Rep: (30)
A wonderful program for gluing photos into a panorama ... today I sat down, experimented from the window, glues with a bang and without seams ... Literally 2 mouse clicks.
Here's a photo, I didn’t reduce it because it is still hard to look at the PDA ... who is interested in general (click on the picture to see the full size)<a href = 'http: //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/dl/post/80429/img-43554-img-43543-Stitched_002.jpg 'title =' user link '>img-43554-img-43543-Stitched_002.jpg: </ a>
Miocker @ 09/09/07 3:23:30 PM
Didn't you try PTGui Pro? Interested in panoramas, stumbled upon the sitehttp://qtvr.by.ru/NewQTWR/navigator.htmfound it, screwed it, as advised Smartblend, impressed! And the size is small.
Attachment PTGui Pro + Smartblend

Attached files

Attached filePanorama_Maker_3.0.rar(19.67 MB)

Post has been editedkochrob - 07.10.07, 02:45

Rep: (1703)
How to make a blend. Even the patterns are on the site :)
http://www.lenshoods.co.uk/

Theme "photo archive organization" in one file

Attached files

Attached file______________________.zip(208.59 KB)

Post has been editedkochrob - 30.11.07, 23:41

Rep: (7)
Remote control codes from Olympus and Canon for Novii Remote
Tried on Olympus E410, should work with Canon EOS 300D, 350D, 400D

Attached files

Attached filephotocamera_RC_nrd.zip(1.78 KB)

Rep: (93)
A good overview of the information storage services on the mobile review

Not ours
Our

Perhaps some of the information is already a bit out of date, but much is still relevant.

D1G1taL @ 03/10/08 20:15:27
I bought you external puff ..
Ask questions:
1. How do I know the following when I make a portrait
When to put the flash at 90 degrees (In the ceiling)?
When the flash is 90 degrees, when to remove the lens (Reflective screen)?
When I direct the flash to the head-on position, do I always need to remove the softener?
2. When photographing a portrait in principle, never direct a flash "in the forehead"?
3. Is the TTL mode fully automatic?
4. pilot button - i press and blink flash, zafig need it?
5. When for example I photograph a person, and the sun falls on him completely, then the flash should be used to get a shadow and soften the light falling on the object?
Thanks in advance!

when i make a portrait

Directional forehead flash "will kill" the shadow, make a flat face, leave overexposure on the protruding elements of the face: cheekbones. nasal bridge, frontal mounds. Therefore, if you shoot in a room and you can not "put" light using multiple sources, it is better to direct the flash at the ceiling (usually white) and mount (or push) the reflector (shade). The main pulse is reflected from the ceiling will fill light reflected from a peak - will add luster eyes, smooth out the shadows. You should always pay attention to the color of the walls and ceiling, as the reflected light from them is already painted, which in combination with pulsed light color and falling from the window (often passing through the colored curtains) can create such a complex range of spots on the face, which is not eliminated by any means.

Is the TTL mode fully automatic?

It all depends on the mutual understanding of camera electronics and flash.
The TTL mode is called so, because when determining the illumination of an object, the luminous flux passed through the optics of the camera and the photosensitive elements of the camera are used.

Through connector camera transmits information about the flash exposure parameters: aperture and shutter speed value and shooting distance. Based on the data flash approximately defines the desired value of the light pulse, and when using a slow speed and synchronization "second-curtain" - a necessary delay time of the lamp. At the moment of shooting camera photosensitive element detects illuminance of the object and disables the flash at the desired level. TTL-mode completely eliminates the need to configure both the camera and the flash.

Most flashes designed for use with cameras equipped with zoom lenses, in addition to the leading number, are also characterized by a variable scattering angle. To change the scattering angle, moving the reflector inside the flash using a servo drive is used, for an additional effect, you can change the design of the diffusing glass. This function is achievable in all modes, but the best effect can be achieved when using a multi-pin connector and TTL mode.

Pilot button - I press and flash flash, zafig need it?

This allows you to evaluate the pattern of the shadow created by the flash on the object.

When for example I photograph a person, and the sun falls on him in full

In this case, the flash should be located on the opposite side of the sun to soften the harsh shadows.

Here are some links
http://ifotograf.ru/1007.html
http://photo-element.ru/ts/flash/flash.html
http://foto.potrebitel.ru/data/4/93/131.shtml

Added @ 11.03.2008, 00:18

When I direct the flash to the head-on position, do I always need to remove the softener?

This is a lens that allows you to use a flash with wide-angle lenses.

Post has been editedkochrob - 29.03.08, 22:29

Rep: (324)
The question is:
Why on the manual, with external or built-in flash, shutter speed more than 200 is not set?

Rep: (156)
Probably because the frame at high shutter speed - light (turns white)

iPryanik ,
And why tady in the priority mode of the aperture, put so much shutter speed? (I always almost on the manual, but it became interesting) while I flash and in TTL and manul ((what tell?

D1G1taL @ 05/19/08 00:06:45
shutter speed greater than 200 is not set?

no more, but shorter than 200. with a shorter shutter speed, only part of the frame will be lit.

kochrob ,
Doctor, why is this nonsense sober? O.o Do not dock automation?

Rep: (5)
Is it related to flash sync time? In theory, we need support for shorter flash exposures. For all offices, this is said to be sort of different, on Olympus this is FP mode.

I will explain on the example of the work of vertical blinds.
Flash will be evenly lit picture only when the shutter is fully open and light strikes the entire frame. For each type of camera has a minimum time of this discovery. For older cameras (such as Zenit E) is equal to 1 \ 30 seconds - this is the maximum speed at which the shutter can move. The principle of operation is that the place is closing shutters at the edge of the frame. Pressing a shutter curtain starts earlier and is moved to the opposite edge of the frame opening completely. Then (say you are on the minimum sync speed 1 \ 30 seconds), the second shutter after 1 \ 30 rushes seconds after the first closing frame from the light access. That is, for each portion of film (matrix) of light falls exactly 1 \ 30 seconds. More kortokie exposure (ie the exposure time) achieved by the fact that the first shutter is retreated not to the opposite edge, but not stopped some distance from the second, thus forming a gap between the edges. Then the two curtain began to move together horizontally along the frame. Do you realize the maximum while driving this gap remains constant and equal to 1 \ 30 seconds. The narrower the gap, the less light (ie exposure) hits the frame (matrix) per unit time. Thereby achieving faster shutter speeds. If KATHOEY in some of the moments of movement flash fires gap (a light pulse time is very short) that will lit only one portion of the frame, in front of which this gap was. In the photo you see on the general background of the dark vertical lines of light.
I apologize for the possibly confusing explanation. But "... don't shoot the pianist - he plays as best he can." Now, I hope, the principle of flash synchronization in the second curtain should become clear.

Added @ 21.05.2008, 11:41

Satory @ 05/20/08 12:01:10
on olympus this is FP mode

The flash emits pulses according to the speed of the gap between the blinds. Naturally, the power (guide number) in this mode decreases.

Slightly correct our leader ...
The amount of light caught on the photosensitive element (film, matrix) is determined by two characteristics: the intensity of the light flux (in the closest approximation - a diaphragm) and the duration of this light exposure (exposure). This, so to speak, is an introduction that was worth mentioning again ...

1. First, let's talk about the shutter speed, more precisely - about the types of valves
If you do not consider all the exotic, all options can be divided into two types: central (FLAP) and shtorochnomu (gap). The central shutter is placed either behind or inside the lens and works like the diaphragm: a few petals open, letting light and immediately shut down. Closures of this type are used in a compact camera or a large lenses for cameras shirokoplenochnyh or formatted. Gap (shtorochnye) closures have been applied in the SLR (film and digital). Among them there are two sub-types: horizontal (earlier - Lined now - metallic) and vertical (metal, sometimes - lyamelnye). Pro operating principle of a horizontal cloth shtorochnogo Shutter colleaguekochrob He described in some detail. Indeed, since Shutter speed - constant, the lighting time can be controlled in only one way: by setting the interval between the movement of the first and second shutters. Those. short exposures by the photosensitive member moves literally slot and a completely open shutter box ( "Zenith", for example) is on only one exposure / 30c. It is for this exposure in such devices and is set synchronization with flash, which is triggered only when the first shutter is fully opened. If you tried to shoot with the flash at a fast shutter speed, then the frame is exposed to only a short section of the frame area, which was open at the time of firing.
The situation with vertical slit gates (currently used in most devices) is somewhat better: the movement time along the short side of the frame is significantly less, the mechanism can be made easier and less inertial, therefore the situation when the frame field is fully opened is achieved at much shorter exposures: 1/200 for example.
The principle of the flap shutter is easy to understand by looking at the horizontal window blinds. Such closures are used, as a rule, in film cameras, when film loading goes through the back cover. In the film mirrors, when it is necessary to gain access to the matrix through the landing hole for the lens, horizontal metal curtain valves are used.
In general, everything is simple with the central closures: there the entire field of the frame is always lit by definition, but here another factor begins to affect ...

2. Flash pulse duration
If you look at the distribution of the amount of light from the flash at the time, it turns out that the form of such characteristics will not be nearly rectangular. Those. there is time until the ionization of the gas in the flask was gaining momentum, and then - until the power applied to the electrodes of the flash lamp is exhausted, and, of course, we will see a decay process. So, the trick is that the flash of the declared capacity is given only for a certain time. If the shutter speed will be much shorter than the pulse time (at the central gate, for example), the photosensitive element will get only part of the light flux necessary for the normal exposure, and as a result we obtain underexposure. This is also the reason that, for synchronization used with the flash exposure is not shorter than 1 / 200c even for the central gate.

By the way, to solve the problem with a flash sync shutter speeds on older cameras used technology "stretched" pulse when using special electronic circuits made lamp glows from the beginning of the first movement of the shutter until the completion of the second movement. Most often, this flash mode called FillIn ( "fill light"). For example, the so-worked (and works well, so far, by the way) built-in flash my OLYMPUS iS-3000 "Portrait" mode, where it is necessary to highlight the shade from the sun.

Well, something like that ... It seems that I did not invent anything "from myself" ...;)

Post has been editedBombilCalabasov - 27.05.08, 08:40

BombilCalabasov ,
kochrob ,
Thank you friends.
I have another question now. I updated the carcass.
And now, when shooting now the sky is pinkish, grain appears on ISO 640-1250. and noticeable. I thought from the transition to the 30d, he is supposed to hold better than 350k. Or maybe it's in the glass case?
For example, I took shutter speeds 1/30 and f8, and I set 1000, and it turned out like this:Attention traffic
Attached Image

D1G1taL , no, miracles do not happen ... on small matrices, a sensitivity greater than 400 will always produce grain. At least at the current level of technological development.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 26/07/20, 19:09