TP-LINK TL-MR3040 - Discussion | 3G / 4G Portable Wireless Router

Rep: (2520)
3G / 4G Portable N Series Wireless Router, powered by internal battery
TP-LINK TL-MR3040

Attached Image

Overview:
Compatible with HSPA / UMTS / EVDO 3G USB modems
Built-in 2000 mAh battery for extended use
Four operating modes for different situations: 3G router, portable access point, WISP router / client, wireless router
Wireless connection speed up to 150 Mbps for high-speed sharing and increasing signal coverage
Added support for 4G LTE USB modems: Megaphone / MTS Huawei E392, YOTA LU150

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links, or throughQMS.
Those wishing to become a curator, please write a request to the topicI want to be curator, having previously read the topic header and all materials for curators.

Post has been editedctich21 - 10.09.14, 20:25
Reason for editing: creating a header

I took it yesterday for a bundle with the Huawei E392. In stationary mode, it works fine, I connected 4 existing devices. With the modem, I earned it on the old firmware, updated it on the officially supported 4G.
In the evening I will try in combat conditions, namely on the road. Let's see how it will behave when switching 2G / 3G / 4G.

In short, everything is fine as long as there is 4g coverage, I drove through the whole city without problems, but outside the city to 3G with a new firmware does not want to connect at all. I can put it in different settings for connecting to 3 and 4 g from a megaphone, and in the settings of the router you can enter only one. It is necessary to look that in the firmware from enthusiasts ..

It was possible to connect in 3g mode. However, for this, I had to first set the modem network only 3G on the BB. It seems that the router does not know how to switch modem modes ..

Rep: (27)
I would like to review in the networks of MTS ....: rolleyes:
The megaphone still sometimes just loses the network, I'm not talking about the Internet.

Kensay-Imp @ 11.26.2012, 13:29*
in MTS networks ...

we do not have 4G from MTS ..

Rep: (14)
Where can I read how to flash this device, and where to get alternative firmware?

sakura2,
http://forum.tp-linkru.ru/viewforum.php?f=233

Rep: (14)
And do not tell me where the custom firmware is?

sakura2,
Here is a description of the installationhttp://forum.tp-linkru.ru/viewtopic.php?f=...d163e1df3ce74a0there and links, of course you need to understand what you are doing. I have set up an open page before this post, so it turned out to be without a webmord, it barely rolled back to the official one ..

Rep: (81)
Who met the battery. increased capacity?

tikoly
External ak you to help.

Rep: (920)
details of setting up the router TL-MR3040 for Yotahere
The E3276 works great with the out of the box TL-MR3040. no dancing with a tambourine. for Yota it is naturally required to unlock the modem

Post has been editedMuxa52 - 08.01.13, 05:40

Rep: (1)
Dr_SAT @ 12/04/2012, 00:03*
I have set up an open page before this post, so it turned out to be without a webmord, it barely rolled back to the official one ..

Hello! And do not tell me how to roll back? Thank!

Keep the question)Dr_SAT, Your help can be worth its weight in gold!

vvp-56,
Sanbmx

with the help putty I set the admin password, with the help of winscp511 I uploaded the firmware to the modem, with the help putty I have requested it. I don’t remember the exact commands, I have to search ..

Attached fileputty.rar(1.51 MB)

Attached filewinscp511setup.zip(4.55 MB)

Dr_SAT,
Ok, thanks, I will try!

I completely forgot! And on BB, it is desirable to have some OS, XP? And then I'm on the 8-ke now, compatibility problems will not be?

Post has been editedvvp-56 - 15.01.13, 12:37

vvp-56,
I did on 7ke, there were no problems, throw the firmware in the TEMP folder.

Dr_SAT,
And please tell me more, put the firmware in the temp folder, open Putty, enter cd / tmp, and then what command? How to specify the path? wget, and what's next, nothing happens. Thank!

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 07/07/20, 19:10