> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

Catalog of Android programs

В® SGS3 Easy UMS | Mounting an external memory card as a removable drive on your PC

Rep: (38)
SGS3 Easy UMS
version: 1.8

Last update of the program in the header:20.11.2012

Attached Image

For the operation of the program requires root user rights.

Short description:
Mounting an external memory card Samsung Galaxy S3 as a removable drive on your PC.

Description:
As it is known, in the ICS firmware and above lost the opportunity to mount the memory card as a removable drive on your PC. Instead, there was the MTP, which is not always easy to use. SGS3 Easy UMS corrects this misunderstanding, allowing to mount the external (only outside!) Smartphone memory card as a removable disk.
To do this, install the application, run, connect your smartphone to your computer and click UMS mode button. When this external card is unmounted in the device. Upon completion of all the necessary actions pull out your smartphone from your computer and click the button Mount card. To switch back to the MTP mode, press the button MTP.

Developer: Kopfgeldjaeger
Homepage: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1711009
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...jaeger.donation

Russian interface: Not

Download:
version: 1.8 Attached fileSGS3-Easy-UMS-v1.8.apk (63.46 Kb)

Download APK

Change history
- added support for third lun file, should work with GT-I9305 (Intl LTE version) now

- fixed recognition failure if "mount" output contained "on" as the second column (e.g. Siyah kernels)

- fixed code so that it (hopefully!) Works with recent CM10 versions again
- made some error messages clearer
- drop of "beta" name does not actually mean much by the way, but I think it looks a bit cleaner this way and does not make a difference

1.5beta
- added support for CM10 sd card paths (/ mnt / external_sd and / mnt / sdcard1)

1.4beta
- added alternative method for users without s3c-usbgadget (may work on US versions)

v1.3beta
- rewrote the whole logic
- now opens Play Store entry of BusyBox if it is not yet installed
- notifies user if device seems to lack s3c-usbgadget module
- notifies user which apps are accessing the extSdCard
- generally better and more precise error messages

v1.2beta2
- added info about busybox requirement (maybe this will be removed later)
- added link to donation app

v1.2beta
- Automatically tries to unmount extSdCard before starting UMS mode. This will fail if some app is accessing it, so just wait or cancel that app if you know it and try again - possibly several times. This prevents the potential data loss with previous versions.
- It now checks the location of the extSdCard device. This should help with compabilty, e.g. for US versions.
- Added some log output and toasts (2s delay)
- Added link to this thread and version number in app
- It's a beta so please beware, but I think the worst probable thing that can happen is that it does not work (e.g. it does not start UMS if it can not unmount the extSdCard).
- Dammit, the whole day is already over

v1.1
- Added option for going back to MTP

v1.0
- Initial release

Past versions
version: 1.7 Attached fileSGS3-Easy-UMS-v1.7.apk (63.38 KB)

version: 1.1 Attached fileSGS3_Easy_UMS_v1.1.apk (9.05 kb)

Post has been editedzin-renat - 24.11.12, 17:44
Reason for editing: the application is updated to version 1.8

Rep: (25)
Only SGS3 or on the second go too !?

Rep: (0)
Mr.DROID @ 12.11.2012, 21:42*

the second such a program is not needed, there is a built-in switch in the system: rofl:

When I used to use this program seems to me that I have a USB flash drive automatically remount, ie UMC mode when the phone is disconnected from the USB flash drive I've seen a conductor, now I have to remount it. Can someone tell me what my problem is and how to solve it? : Sveta:

Post has been editedUnitas - 15.11.12, 15:02

Mr.DROID @ 12.11.2012, 21:42*

in S2 there is a full-time function. In addition, the configuration program Siyah Kernel - ExTweaks have such a function.

Unitas @ 15.11.2012, 15:57*
When I used to use this program seems to me that I have a USB flash drive automatically remount, ie UMC mode when the phone is disconnected from the USB flash drive I've seen a conductor, now I have to remount it. Can someone tell me what my problem is and how to solve it?

I always had to manually mount the flash drive. Perhaps in the newer versions have removed this feature.

No, I use the latest version, unfortunately I did not notice when this feature is missing. Generally it is auto-mounting is quite logical.

Unitas @ 17.11.2012, 14:04*
No, I use the latest version, unfortunately I did not notice when this feature is missing. Generally it is auto-mounting is quite logical.

It would be logical if the program would be no Mount card button. And on the contrary it is quite logical that the automounter not. :)

zin-renat @ 17.11.2012, 17:15*
It would be logical if the program would be no Mount card button. And on the contrary it is quite logical that the automounter not.

you have the initial stage mazahizm: rofl:, is usually characteristic for programerov

Rep: (52)
Unitas @ 15.11.2012, 15:57*
When I used to use this program seems to me that I have a USB flash drive automatically remount, ie UMC mode when the phone is disconnected from the USB flash drive I've seen a conductor, now I have to remount it. Can someone tell me what my problem is and how to solve it? : Sveta:

I confirm: In version 1.1. automount works wonders, and @Mount SD @ button did not exist. After flashing at JB with a full discharge I installed the latest version 1.7. - and here's some confusion: Now no automount at all. Moreover, the number of bugs / failures when mounting has increased dramatically. And what is most unpleasant - if suddenly disconnecting the cable from the phone and the PC you forget to press "mount SD" - the body had no qualms and no you do not dull lives without notifying extSdCard. Nasty absence automounter seen when trying to access any infe on the card.

Return all back !! 11 В©

alexsrg @ 19.11.2012, 19:22*
I confirm: In version 1.1. automount works wonders, and @Mount SD @ button did not exist. After flashing at JB with a full discharge I installed the latest version 1.7. - and here's some confusion: Now no automount at all. Moreover, the number of bugs / failures when mounting has increased dramatically. And what is most unpleasant - if suddenly disconnecting the cable from the phone and the PC you forget to press "mount SD" - the body had no qualms and no you do not dull lives without notifying extSdCard. Nasty absence automounter seen when trying to access any infe on the card.

Return all back !! 11 В©

Well, I think it was done for a reason. Apparently this is due to some sort of special or restrictions in JB.

Rep: (52)
zin-renat @ 21.11.2012, 08:39*
Well, I think it was done for a reason. Apparently this is due to some sort of special or restrictions in JB.

I have now on S3 stands zhelebob ofitsialka Russian JRO03C i9300XXDLJ4 (i9300XXDLID firmware) 4.1.1 with Ruth and SGS Easy UMS Version 1.1 with two buttons - UMS and MTP. And all chudnenko works.

Post has been editedalexsrg - 23.11.12, 18:15

alexsrg @ 23.11.2012, 19:14*
I have now on S3 stands zhelebob ofitsialka Russian JRO03C i9300XXDLJ4 (i9300XXDLID firmware) 4.1.1 with Ruth and SGS Easy UMS Version 1.1 with two buttons - UMS and MTP. And all chudnenko works.

In principle not unreasonable. Judging from the ravine, innovations regarding Version 1.1 are mainly related to the support of various modifications S3 (US, 9305) and the CM10. So, if version 1.1 is working properly, it may be updated on really does not make sense, especially in the 1.8 I even sometimes manually mounts not the first time.

Rep: (21)
It does not work with a scriptTyts- Mod for fat32 Sd Card for custom kernel
and the coreTyts- SiyahKernel S3-v1.8

falls at the beginning insettings - memory - turn off the memory cardAnd then to make Easy UMS - UMS mode. Unfortunately not mounted back. I have to restart.

This is correct?

Rep: (70)
regardless of the version is that the discs to chop off, if you copy a few movies may crash at any android 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 tried it helps to reboot again, how to enable the drive. file size less giga, flash drive veils 32, 32 gig, tel 9300 aut-Swiss.

Post has been editedswwin - 13.01.13, 18:21

And it is possible that for any ONE X ??
and it as a portable player is visible, before to the latest firmware was ok!

Rep: (468)
elmar508 @ 15.01.2013, 07:13*
And it is possible that for any ONE X ??

while only custom rekaveri and mount out usb

Rep: (414)
Great program! Very helpful at work when needed to throw the phone 3 firmware file service (she rar-archive and the body did not want her to unzip). At work, just Ubuntu and the phone does not connect with it in a standard way.

Who knows why I have not the program is not running on the same computer? I SG3 firmware 4.1.1. Ruth. Maybe more rannuyu put the firmware which has a mount mode in the firmware itself? I have to second the galaxy such problems nebylo. ((So I think to roll back to an earlier androyd.

Rep: (3585)
0024 @ 18.01.2013, 11:17 *
Who knows why I have not the program is not running on the same computer?

It does not work to connect an external USB drive or internal? Inner say at once - never work.
Also here are the recommendations for windows 7
  1. On your Windows 7 computer you will see it will try to install "SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device" as one of the drivers and fail * this is normal *
  2. Go into Device Manager on your computer, right click "SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device" and select "Properties"
  3. Click on the "Driver" tab and click the "Update Driver" button, a prompt will then come up
  4. Select "Browse my computer for driver software", then select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" on the next screen
  5. Select "USB Mass Storage Device" as the new driver from that list and finish up that install
  6. At the end you will see something like this on your computer - Screenshot Here
  7. Windows will install final drivers automatically and a new "Disk drive" will show up on your computer, this is your external SD card on your device

Also, try to put the kernel from the Siyah, there is built, can be directly put in the memory settings USB-drive as the default action (this item appears settings).

Post has been editedclever_man - 21.01.19, 10:20

about the core thanks porobuj. and windose my XP on seven really works.

So I have and should Siyah-1.8.8 firmware version 4.1.1 I9300XXDLD. Or you can specify in more detail the way where you can tick the phone was defined as a USB-drive

So I have and should Siyah-1.8.8 firmware version 4.1.1 I9300XXDLD. Or you can specify in more detail the way where you can tick the phone was defined as a USB-drive

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 13/07/20, 20:21