Iron Reviews | computer hardware reviews from members of the forum, and not only

Rep: (2177)
Iron reviews

SOS! пїЅ | Selection of network equipment пїЅ | Build a non-gaming PC / Computer for work | Iron reviews | HDD selection and discussion пїЅ | Problems with BB пїЅ | Overclocking talk пїЅ | Discussion flash drives пїЅ | Network setup пїЅ | Search software for PC пїЅ | PC software catalog | Antivirus пїЅ | Windows vista пїЅ | Windows xp пїЅ | Discussion Ubuntu Linux пїЅ | Windows 7 пїЅ | Hackintosh on PC пїЅ | Smoker "Tehnotrepalki" пїЅ

Attached Image

You purchased a new component for your PC and you wanted to tell about it? Write a review. If you use copying from other resources, specify them, respect the work of others.
Use benchmark programs carefully and at your own risk. Or alternatively, monitoring utilities.
No discussion. If you really want to discuss, Welcome toSmoker "Tehnotrepalki"
Auxiliary programs:
3DMark 11 Advanced | Cinebench | GPU-Z | CPU-Z | HDDLife | AS SSD Benchmark | HD Tune

Reviews

• Here are just reviews. Everything else will be deleted without warning.
  • Do not break spelling, write correctly.
  • Do not distribute unverified or false information!
  • Instead of the words "Thank you" usePicture
  • If you have less than 15 messages - click on the button.Pictureon the message where you were helped, and write thanks.
  • Messages violatingForum RulesandRules section "Technotrepalka"will be deleted!
  • Do not impose your opinion - just recommend!
  • Warez software for PC, like the OS itself, is not welcome on the forum!

Post has been editedM | A | G - 16.06.20, 23:28
Reason for editing: Dell UZ2315H Multimedia Monitor Review

Asus Radeon HD 7770 Review

Name:Radeon HD 7770
Purpose:Display Control and Screen Display
Power Consumption:80 watts (PCI Express 3.0 x16 + additional 6 pin power supply from the PSU)
Sizes (LxWxH), mm:215 Г— 100 Г— 35 mm
Contents of delivery:CrossFire cable, DVI to D-Sub adapter for connecting a monitor, instructions and a disk with firewood.
Computer requirements:Power supply from 450 watts (good manufacturer)
Approximate price:Took over 175 green
Warranty:3 years (from the store where he took)
Manufacturer country:Taiwan
Official website of the manufacturer: http://ru.asus.com/

Asus P8H61-M LX + IntelВ® PentiumВ® Processor G840 + 8GB (Kingston KVR1333D3N9 / 4G 2x4GB) + 2 screws + 17 inch monitor. All this is powered by FSP ATX-450PNF
Vidyuha big, climbed right in, while tightly closing the SATA2 connector on the mother (thank God there are 3 more, the photo is attached). It occupies 2 slots, not double slot, but by volume. I had to change a little bit the connection of the hard drives.
When launching, Windows shouted at the second screw that it was the whole “4 removable disks”. But something there "thought" and decided to eat firewood (already installed) and offered a reboot. The next time you started it was type-top.
Immediately I tested it in a "ferocious" games - Battlefield 3 (Multiplayer). Settings exposed on at least for a good FPS at a resolution of 1440x900 (the maximum resolution of my monitor). Heating above 60 is not observed, the FPS - an average of 40-45 (and often was 60), the exhaust from the power supply during the game barely warm. Set high and setting the minimum smoothing - FPS did not fall. There were, of course, glitches with subsidence fps, but this optimization of the game, I think. The video card is really quiet, eats little, though, and it requires additional. 6 pin power. For reference - PCI Express 3.0 works fine on 2.0

Foty
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Test in 3DMark

Pros: 1. Energy efficient (450 watts power supply is enough) 2. Silent 3. Low heat 4. Powerful, as for its category

Cons: Only the price))) But this is temporary, vidyuha just went on sale.

Overview and testing of the Intel Core i5-3450 processor on the Ivy Bridge core
The review is completely copied from easycom.com.ua. For which they are very grateful.

Model- Intel Core i5-3450
Marking- SR0PF
CPU socket- LGA1155
Clock frequency, GHz - 3,1
Maximum frequency in Turbo Boost, GHz - 3,5
Factor - 31
Bus frequency, MHz - 100
L1 cache size (These Instructions), KB- 4x32, 4x32
L2 cache size, KB- 4x256
L3 cache size, KB- 6144 (6 MB)
Core- Ivy Bridge
Number of cores / threads - 4/4
Instruction support- MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE3S, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, EM64T, VT-x, AES, AVX, AES-NI
DMI- 5.0 GT / s
Power supply, V- Not more than 1.38
Power dissipation, W - 77
Critical temperature, В° C - ...
Technical process- 22 nm
Technology support- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology, Enhanced Halt State (C1E), Execute Disable Bit, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, Intel Virtualization Technology (Intel VT-x), Intel Flex Memory Access, Intel Fast Memory Access, Intel HD Graphics 2500, Intel Trusted Execution, SMEP (Supervisor Mode Execution Protection), PAIR (Power Aware Interrupt Routing)
Built-in memory controller
Maximum memory capacity, GB - 32
Types of memory- DDR3-1333 / 1600
The number of memory channels - 2
Maximum bandwidth, GB / s - 25,6
ECC support- Not
Intel HD Graphics 2500 integrated graphics core
Computing conveyors, pcs - 6
Operating frequency, MHz - ...
Maximum frequency Turbo Boost, MHz - ...
The amount of memory used, GB - ...
Supported APIs- DirectX 11 (Shader Model 4.1), OpenGL 3.1
Interface- Intel FDI (2.7 GT / s)
Proprietary Technologies- Intel Quick Sync Video, Intel InTRU 3D, Intel Clear Video (ACE, TCC, STE), Next Generation Intel Clear Video Technology HD
HDCP support- There is
Video decoding acceleration- Coding: H.264, MPEG2; Decoding: MPEG2, WMV9 / VC-1, AVC; Dual video decode

Not so long ago there was an official announcement of processors manufactured according to the 22-nm process technology. This event has produced considerable response in IT-sphere, because initially the public expected major changes in the level of productivity, which is primarily due to changes in the very architecture of the transistors. Briefly new items have the following changes: transition to a thin (22 nm) manufacturing process; the use of 3-D transistors (TriGate); integration into the PCI Express 3.0 CPU controller; improved performance of the graphics core; implementation of additional regulations aimed at improving the security of the system. More clearly, this information is presented in the slides below.
Attached Image
Attached Image

Appearance and packaging
Attached Image

The appearance of the package does not stand out for any delight and fully corresponds to the overall design, which is used for Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 processors of the second generation, and now the third one.
The manufacturer emphasizes the key features of the model, namely:
  • The presence of 4 cores and the execution of tasks in 4 threads;
  • Support for Intel Turbo Boost 2.0;
  • Support for Intel Smart Cache;
  • Dual-channel memory controller integrated into the CPU;
  • Dual channel DDR3 memory support;
  • Availability of a three-year limited warranty;
  • Availability of integrated graphics core Intel HD Graphics 2500.

Attached Image

The new generation of processors has been upgraded graphics core. So when you meet the name Intel HD Graphics 2500, you should understand that this is an updated video core of the Ivy Bridge processor with support for DirectX 11, but it is not the maximum performance. Maximum performance is currently provided by Intel HD Graphics 4000, which is equipped with top-end solutions from the Intel Core i5 / i7 families.
As usual, a white sticker is placed on the upper side cover with the indication: processor model (i5-3450); nominal clock frequency (3.10 GHz); cache size (6 MB); processor socket (LGA 1155); indication of TDP of the processor (77 W), serial number and product code.
Included with the CPU Intel Core i5-3450 are: the cooling system, the processor itself and instructions for installing the processor, which also contains information about the warranty and a proprietary label indicating the processor family.
Attached Image

As a complete cooling system uses the familiar cooler E97378-001. It has successfully established itself as a quality solution that is capable of providing a normal temperature regime of the CPU. As for the design, it has not undergone any changes.
Attached Image

On the heat distribution cover, as is the case with any other CPU, the model, processor clock frequency, marking and place of production are indicated (Malaysia).
Attached Image

On the back of the processor is placed a contact group of the socket LGA 1155. If you remember well the appearance of the central part of processors based on the Sandy Bridge architecture, you will easily be able to distinguish between products made of 22-nm and 32-nm process technology. As for the potential for an upgrade, the problems of representatives of the owners of Sandy Bridge is not as new items will work on motherboards with Intel chipsets 6th (if the manufacturer has prepared the necessary firmware) and Intel 7 series. The same applies to the use of the previous generation of processors based on the new motherboard chipsets.
Attached Image

The characteristics of the tested Intel Core i5-3450 processor are confirmed by the auxiliary utility CPU-Z.
According to her testimony, we see that the processor is made according to the 22-nm process technology. The voltage on the core is 1.104 V, while the processor clock frequency at the time of reading was 3110 MHz. As for the other characteristics, they remained unchanged.
Attached Image

The processor's cache memory is distributed as follows: 64 KB of the first-level cache memory per core, of which 32 KB is used for data caching and as much for instructions; 256 KB of second-level cache per core and L3 cache is common to the entire processor, and its volume is 6 MB. This distribution tells us about the maximum relationship with solutions based on Sandy Bridge architecture.
Attached Image

The built-in dual-channel DDR3 memory controller is capable of supporting both DDR3-1333 and DDR3-1600 modules, and in case of emergency, overclocking fans can easily see how it works with DDR3 modules at frequencies up to 2133 MHz and even more. However, this will most likely have to purchase a motherboard with an appropriate set of system logic that allows you to perform such operations. So when building a system, you can proceed from your "finance".
Attached Image

Despite the stated frequency of 3.1 GHz, in the event of a system load with a solution to a rather serious task, the CPUs of the Intel Core i5 / i7 families support Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology, which allows you to automatically temporarily increase the clock frequency (within the allowed CPU temperature). You can see that when 4 cores are loaded, the clock frequency rises to 3.5 GHz.
Attached Image

Comparing i3450 with other processors in different applications
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

The test results we can see the differences in the level of productivity of the representatives architecture Ivy Bridge is about 3-5%, which is primarily due to the difference in clock frequency of 200 MHz. So the choice of a particular embodiment of the CPU is largely dependent on the tasks to be solved. Additional impact could have a pricing policy, which at the moment is difficult to say anything because the wholesale price of the manufacturer (or rather the difference in cost) is not always reflected in retail prices. If we analyze the price of the manufacturer, then the $ 20 difference in price (which amounts to 10%), the difference in performance of the order of 5% seems unconvincing. Thus, CPU Intel Core i5-3450 looks more attractive.
If we compare with the novelty of the closest representative of the second generation, the Intel Core i5-2400 processor, then, as in the case of the Intel Core i5-3550, there is no reason for an immediate replacement. Processors have an approximately equal level of performance, and as for the differences, they do not exceed the threshold of 6-8%.
The most interesting picture is obtained when analyzing the performance of AMD Phenom II x6 1100T, which still pleases with a higher level of performance in mathematical calculations. So in some cases, you can consider this processor as a competitor in terms of computing power.
Performance evaluation of the integrated graphics core Intel HD Graphics 2500
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

According to the results of tests it is clear that fundamental changes in the performance there, which is not surprising. CORE i5-3550 Intel and Intel processors CORE i5-3450 as close in characteristics, and a slight drop "Power" graphic Intel HD Graphics 2500 core for the test is explained CPU at 200MHz clocked processor cores. The rest of the conclusions remain the same. Despite the fact that we tested Intel's processors can not boast performance iGPU, with the decision of typical office / server tasks it can handle without problems. As for the more serious (game) problems, demanding, without installing a powerful graphics card would be difficult to manage. In case if you collect the budgetary system, and you want to "on board" was a good graphics core, it is necessary to pay attention to the range of AMD APU.
Overclocking
Attached Image

Due to the fact that, in our model is available with locked multiplier, the only way is recessed CPU acceleration setting mode Turbo Boost 2.0, with several possible and improve productivity by increasing the frequency of the system bus from 100 MHz to 105 MHz. Actually, this approach is no different from the acceleration familiar Intel Core i5 series CPU, based on the Sandy Bridge architecture. Thus, we were able to increase the frequency of the Intel CORE i5-3450 CPU to the level of 3885 MHz, thus to ensure the stability of the power system had to slightly increase to 1,248 V.
Attached Image

Thus, by increasing the clock frequency by 25%, an average performance increase of only 7%, which is not the best indicator. Therefore, we come to a completely logical conclusion that this solution is not the best suited for overclocking, as clock speed increase commensurate with productivity gains. However, it is worth remembering that any acceleration of this kind of lottery in which to predict the end result is quite difficult. So it is quite possible that using a different sample of the acceleration may give some other capacity increase, although it is unlikely that the difference will be significant.
Energy efficiency analysis
Attached Image

Well, the results of measurements of power consumption Intel CORE i5-3450 processor, we see that for the neighboring models is almost the same, and the differences are easily explained by the difference in the minimum clock frequency. Test CPU, both in general and Intel CORE i5-3550, perfect for workstations, run all day problem solving, such as support for the work of a small network or the distribution of banal "torrents". Due to the fact that the differences in the level of energy consumption between the second and third generations within the same family, are minimal, it is advisable to replace the relatively "old" Sandy Bridge is not seen. If this option is quite critical, you should pay attention to the data processor families that have the symbol "T" or "S" in the name, indicating that reduced power consumption.

Findings:
According to the results acquaintance with Intel CORE i5-3450 processor, we can say that it is sufficient CPU performance, which is suitable for gaming and workstations, which faces quite demanding tasks. Of course, for a gaming PC, you need the installation of a powerful discrete graphics card, but with ordinary, so-called office tasks, integrated Intel HD Graphics 2500 core will cope fine. To draw an analogy between this model and the Intel CORE i5-2400, the novelty will provide the owner of a few great performance, even for her, and would have to pay a little more. In terms of price / performance ratio, the decision looks more attractive than Intel CORE i5-3550, because when the difference in the value of the order of 10% of the difference in speed is 3-5%. In the experience of the study near the older model can confidently say that for a more complete disclosure of the CPU capacity, it is desirable to equip the system at least DDR3-1600. CPU overclocking potential is low, so the best seen him use it at nominal parameters. From the standpoint of energy efficiency, this model is perfect for systems operating 24/7 or close to it, and considering productivity, it is well suited as a CPU entry-level server.

Post has been editedGloomy - 23.11.12, 13:57

A4Tech X7-G100 Gaming Keyboard Review

Attached Image

Features:
  • Membrane
  • Somewhere in 2 times less than a regular keyboard.
  • Increased weight compared to a conventional keyboard, for greater stability
  • 62 "silent" buttons
  • Rubber keys W, A, S and D.
  • 4 interchangeable labeled panels for Counter-Strike / Battle Field 2 / Call of Duty 2 / Half Life 2.
  • Water resistant
  • USB interface with Plug & Play

Of.sayt

And now, in fact, the review itself. Simply put, impressions of use.

I saw in the store, decided poklatsat, try. While going, a week passed and the keyboard was gone. Well ... money is small ($ 12), ordered. The first impression, when opened and saw - skepticism. : D Small and not all buttons. Yes, and located outside the box. There are no Russian letters. The keyboard resembles Malevich’s “black square”. : shok: Oh well.
Firewood 7-ka pulled up herself and immediately, nothing else needs to be installed.
He took the keyboard exclusively for Battlfield 3. Therefore, interchangeable panels with inscriptions set aside, they are unnecessarily. We do not look at the keyboard, before pressing the button, during the game? ... And so you can kill. ))
Keys had a little reassign, they are very non-standard and press are not the ones we need. The keyboard is really stable on the table, as claimed by the manufacturer, and not riding to and fro. The hand is convenient, although the space below the buttons (to hand) could do and a little more. Russian letters do not need, I do not print on the G100. To do this, there is another. The buttons are not as tight as on a conventional keyboard, and at first it was uncomfortable. Rather, because of the habit. Because, somewhere, over an hour or two was simply delighted and wondered "how I could play on a normal ..." Now a regular keyboard is inconvenient for me.
W, A, S, D are rubberized and slightly higher than others. They are easy to detect by touch. Fingers do not slip. Nice stuff. The rest - low profile, the course is short and almost silent. Although, if you are emotional and sharply and hard hit the keys, here any keyboard will seem very loud. )) That's up to the buttons F1-F12 reach, not lifting your fingers from the keys, it is difficult ...

Pros:
  • Comfortable (although it takes some getting used to)
  • Rubber buttons W, A, S, D
  • Compact
  • The bag in the kit (nafih need it ... although nice)
  • Low cost
  • The main keyboard is not killed during the game

Minuses:
  • Requires getting used to (but worth it)
  • F1-F12 located far away (not critical)
  • No buttons for macros (although they are not needed nafih, but it would be nice)

Actually, the conclusions: the keyboard is very comfortable, the impressions are only positive. And minuses, if by and large, are insignificant. So, a very good keyboard, I recommend for gamers.

Foty
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

Rep: (2948)
I had to collect a computer with a very limited budget. I wondered about buying the cheapest and normal power supply. The choice fell on the Q-Dion QD450. Apparently, the decision was played by the fact that there are rumors saying that its manufacturer is the omnipresent FSP !! This is not a rumor! There is not much information about him on the Internet. Such power supply units are installed in some Vento and FSP enclosures. So I decided to write a review.

Externally, the block looks exactly the same as the PNR oversub budget. Grilled stamped. But there are significant differences. For comparisonI apologize for the quality of the photo!:

PNR 450
Attached Image

QD450
Attached Image

The differences are obvious: The capacitance of the input capacitors is 240 microns for QD, against 800 in parallel for PNR, the filters are in place for both, the varistor, the thermistor are present. Manufacturer of capacitors - input - CapXon (2 pcs. 120 micron 400V, 85 C. Connected in parallel). The rest is CapXon and Teapo. All at 105C. To be honest, I didn’t even expect to see high-quality capacitors in such a low-power BP

Attached Image

Very embarrassed by the size of the transformer. In comparison with the PNR of the same power in QD - it seems to be a midget. In size, I would give it a maximum of 370 watts !!!. Instead of a diode assembly QD is satisfied with typesetting diodes. The radiators are small, but the elements are securely bolted to them with a bolt using thermal paste. Soldering is great. No snot.
The fan is the most common, but pleasant trifle - covered with a plastic lining to distribute the air flow:

Attached Image

The metal of the case is thin, but it does not bend in the hands, the power button is absent. Wire size - 20AWG.
Motherboard manufacturer - really FPS

Attached Image

Judging by the labeling, BP and other facilities are assembled on this platform.
Unfortunately, there was nothing to load this BP. The assembled config, under S & M consumed no more than 200 watts. The voltages remained unbreakable - 11.98, 3.31, 5.1 volts, respectively. According to subjective estimates, it works quieter than PNR. Exhaust - cold.

My conclusions: When the budget is very limited, and the choice is worth it: buy Gembird, Codrgen or Q-Dion - then take QD boldly and without hesitation. At least it's not scary to include it,fully fledgedPSU - since all the filter parts, capacitors, chokes are in place, and have very good quality for such a budget solution (the PNR has no unsoldered elements much more). In this case, do not forget - the power indicated by the manufacturer is too high.

Wires: 2 Sata on one lace, 2 Molex on the other, 4pin and 24pin (non-separable), and 6pin for PCIe

Another ultra budgetary -FSP350-60APN. I don’t see any sense to rewrite it with TX and see its photo - it’s in the standard OEM attire of a series of blocks from FSP - it looks exactly like the previously considered Qdion except for one - the network button appeared !!! :) The price of this BP is somewhat higher than that of the mentioned Qdion, but what has changed inside? Here's what:

Attached Image

Immediately striking quality and very neat installation! They did not even save on the hardware for the board - it is installed on high metal barrels, and not on plastic ones.

Attached Image

Attached Image

The surge protector is completely unsoldered. Both chokes and varistors and fuses are present. There is also a varistor in the high-voltage part, after the rectifier. The network wires were threaded through the ferrite ring, which was a bit surprising - the third wire - the grounding would also be threaded through a separate ring and bolted to the BP case with a M5 nut bolt (!) - they also did not save on this! On the board there are no unsoldered elements.

Attached Image

This PD equipped APFC, but has no presence FullRange. It works only in the networks of 220 - so, do not worry about the compatibility with the UPS. Applied at the input 180 microfarad capacitor CapXon at 420B. When declared by the manufacturer of the PSU efficiency of 80% - sufficient capacitance. The rest of the capacitors also CapXon and Teapo - very well made quality. Chip participating in the APFC could not see - it is located on the daughter board, which tightened to shrink. The diode bridge is now located on the radiator - generally with other elements of APFC. Main transformer for imposing a power dimensions radiators are well developed. All elements are fastened with thermopaste

Attached Image

Monitoring circuit - Weltrend WT7527 monitors voltages 3.3, 5 and 12V and works out protection against short-circuit. On a separate scarf attached to the radiator, the fan speed regulator is assembled - the sensor was pushed between the radiator fins and filled with hot melt adhesive. Standard fan - Yate Loon D12SM-12 (1650 rpm, 33 dB max), based on sliding bearing.

Attached Image

By subjective standards, it works quietly.

The cables are thin - 20AWG - but for this power of this section with the head. There are 20 + 4 main, 4pin CPU, 2 molex, 2 sata, 1 floppy connectors. The length of the laces is not sufficient to assemble a PC in large cases.
There is no possibility to carry out a full load of power supply - my load stand is not ready yet. Under the load of the office and display PC, all voltages are normal and far from deviation.

Conclusion: this BP I received an excellent rating, because for ridiculous money you can get excellent quality BP. After holding a similar product in the hands of the conscience does not even allow to look into the side of Gembird-like BP.

This is so .... a parody of the reviews, but it was interesting for me to look under the hood of the cheapest BP: sveta:

Post has been editedWSonic - 03.05.15, 22:45
Reason for editing: Ashipko

Again I was given the task of replacing the power supply in an old office PC (AMD ATHLON-64 3200+ \ 200Gb \ GF6600 \ 1g RAM). The task was one - as free as possible :)

A 300 watt power supply is the minimum that can now be found on the market, and more is not necessary. The above-described Q-Dion costs almost 600 UAH, and take some deluxe ...never!!!!
After a brief search, I stumbled upon an interesting variant - Enhance ATX-2030FA for 300 with UAH kopecks (it turns out that before the price increase it cost 120-150 UAH). The manufacturer does not need PR - a serious office, making BP from the cheapest to the highest level and power. Own production. What in the end for the money I got?

The characteristics indicate the presence of passive PFC:

Attached Image

The case is the same as for nonameovskih BP for three pennies:

Attached Image

Normal gray box with 80mm propeller and stamped grille. He picked up doubted - was the game worth the candle?
An autopsy showed what it costs!

PFC really is:
Attached Image

(They saved on metal - yes, but they made stiffening ribs in the form of longitudinal stampings on the body. So, nothing bends in the hands)
The board is soldered almost completely (one choke is clamped in the filter):

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Everything is unsoldered. Installation neat. All Teapo and Su'scon capacitors - in general, I regarded it as a prize in the lottery!
Varistors, thermistors, fuses are available in full. Even the network button behind: lol:
The “brain” of the block is the microcircuit SC6105. For her, the possibility of protecting voltages from increasing and decreasing, protection against overload, protection against short-circuit (checked - there is :))

Loved one little thing:

Attached Image

The temperature sensor is present, in addition, it is not too lazy to glue to the radiator with hot melt.
Pinwheel 80mm - but I would not call it noisy. Against the background of the AMD box cooler, it's not audible at all.

By wire - it's sadder here. Only one CATA, 4 Molex, 24 pin, 4 pin. But in principle, for the money - it does not matter. The wires are all tightly fastened every 5cm :)
I did not torture him with tests - there was no need. Measurement of voltages under load described by the PC showed the following voltage 12.32 \ 5.1 \ 3.29. Everything was quiet and stable. The exhaust is cold.

More complete version of the reviewhere, but as you can see, since then this BP has been changed for the better.
Great BP for a penny. Weak, noisy, with a small number of connectors - but full-fledged, solidly fused with elements of an "adult" power supply. And for the missing SATA connectors there are adapters.

What is the result of this story. Yes, I'm allergic to noname power supplies (how many computers died from them ... :(). But you can always find a way out. If there is a desire.

By the way, this PSU is also suitable for modern PCs - it will be enough for PCs based on any APU from AMD (without a discrete video card) and even will be enough to build an initial gaming PC with G3220 + gtx750 (without ti) \ r7 250 (without X) .

Post has been editedWSonic - 21.05.15, 13:16

Rep: (9)
Amd Radeon HD 7750 / RX 250X
Attached Image
Description :
    Video card is taken into account in ASUS
    Specifications
  • Graphics processor
    AMD Radeon HD 7750
  • Data bus
    PCI Express 3.0
  • Video memory
    GDDR5 1GB
  • CPU frequency
    820 MHz
  • Memory frequency
    4600 MHz (1150 MHz GDDR5)
  • RAMDAC
    400 MHz
  • Memory interface
    128-bit
  • Resolution
    D-Sub Max Resolution: 2048x1536
    DVI Max Resolution: 2560x1600
  • Interface
    D-Sub Output: Yes x 1 (via DVI to D-Sub adapter x 1)
    DVI Output: Yes x 1 (DVI-I)
    HDMI Output: Yes x 1
    Display Port: Yes x 1 (Regular DP)
    HDCP Support: Yes
operating system : Windows XP 7
Homepage : https://www.asus.com/r..s/HD77501GD5/overview/
Opportunities
  • Exclusive GPU Tweak utility for monitoring and configuring video card parameters;
  • AMD Eyefinity technology;
    Graphic bus PCI Express 3.0.
Additional screenshots

Technology
GCN Architecture
The basis of the most advanced and versatile video cards is a fundamentally new architecture.
AMDEyefinity technology
Full immersion in the world of multi-monitor gaming
AMD App Acceleration
Watch movies, videos, games and applications in HD with incredible speed and performance
AMDHD3D technology
Open the third dimension with computers supporting 3D4
AMDCrossFire в„ў technology
All the power of several video cards for extreme 3D games in high resolution
AMDPowerTune technology
Raise the bar for performance and efficiency with dynamic power management
AMDZeroCorePower Technology
Allows the AMDRadeon в„ў video card to consume almost no idle power

Overview
We continue to acquaint our readers with video cards based on a new family of graphics processors AMD Radeon 7000 (Southern Islands) microarchitecture Graphics Core Next. Today after the mass gaming graphics card the Radeon HD 7770 the ASUS Direct CU, in our test lab got graphic accelerator ASUS Radeon HD 7750 (ASUS HD7750-1GD5), the example of which we will explore the features of the graphics chip Cape Verde Pro (Radeon HD 7750). AMD is positioning products on the Radeon HD 7770/7750, as available to every gamer graphics cards, allowing you to enjoy all the latest games with API DirectX 11 support, albeit not at the highest image quality settings, at a resolution of 1920 x 1080 (Full HD). In addition, the new architecture Graphics Core Next, the peculiarities of which we covered in one of our previous materials, allows effective use of discrete graphics cards from AMD Radeon 7000 line for a wide range of "non-game" tasks, from video encoding to mathematical calculations and archiving files.
The younger version of 28-nm graphics chip Cape Verde traditionally received the prefix Pro title. In comparison with the "full" kernel Cape Verde XT (Radeon HD 7770), considered GPU has received a number of significant simplifications that allowed to install on the decision it recommended price level graphics core 9. Cape Verde Pro (Radeon HD 7750) "lost" two CU-block of 10: The number of texture units was reduced from 40 to 32, a stream processor - from 640 to 512. The number of ROP-blocks remains the same and is equal to 16. Frequencies GPU and memory was lowered to 800 and 1125 (4500) MHz, respectively, and remained 128-bit video memory interface.
Also note that the newcomer is equipped with one gigabyte of GDDR5 memory standard, and its typical power consumption must not exceed 55 watts, which is why video cards based on GPU Radeon HD 7750 is not equipped with a connector for additional power supply. Given that the "reference" design Radeon HD 7750, developed by AMD engineers also involves the use of monosyllabic cooler, in our opinion, the novelty may be interested not only thrifty gamers, but also the owners of the productive class of miniaturized systems (HTPC).
So, we go from theory to practical testing. As we mentioned above, today the ASUS Radeon HD 7750 (HD7750-1GD5) graphics accelerator, equipped with a gigabyte of GDDR5 video memory, came to our laboratory.
ASUS is positioning the considered video card as slightly overclocked manufacturer, however GPU frequency was increased relative to the standard total of 20 MHz, and the memory operates on the effective frequency of 4600 MHz, which is only 100 MHz exceeds recommendation AMD engineers. Because the factory increasing the frequency can not be called significant, graphic accelerator ASUS Radeon HD 7750 (HD7750-1GD5) does not apply for TOP, because it is hardly the "overclocking" will be felt in the real applications, however, the positioning of the graphics card on the market as "overclocked" It allows you to install it on a slightly higher price. As for the other specifications of the Radeon HD 7750 the ASUS shown in the table, there are no differences from the reference sample is not here. About used a proprietary cooling system, which identifies the product among many similar solutions, we describe in detail in the relevant section of our review, and begin acquaintance with the graphics card ASUS Radeon HD 7750 with the study of traditional packaging.
The packaging of ASUS Radeon HD 7750 is made in a familiar and recognizable style for ASUS graphics accelerators. Its front side is decorated with logos of technologies supported by the video card and some of its characteristics. Particular attention is attracted by the large “GPU Tweak” inscription, which indicates the presence in the package of delivery of the proprietary utility of the same name intended for overclocking and “advanced” control of the card's operating modes.
On the reverse side of the packaging, the manufacturer placed the main specifications of the video card in 12 languages ​​(including Russian), a brief diagram of the connection of displays with various interfaces, as well as an advertising description of the key features of the video card.
A list of system requirements for the computer on which you plan to install the Radeon HD 7750 the ASUS, situated on one side of the package. Based on the recommendations on the box, the power supply in such a system must have a capacity of at least 400 watts and be capable of delivering up to 40 A through line 12 B. Taking into account that none of the existing 400 V power supply 40 will not be able to issue through the chain A 12, here we are clearly faced with a typo. Given that the peak power consumption of the video cards does not exceed 75 W, in our view, even high-quality power supply of 350 watts for solutions based on the Radeon HD 7750 will be sufficient.
The bundled ASUS Radeon HD 7750 graphics card matches the budget status of the product and contains only the most necessary accessories for operating a graphics accelerator:
Disk with drivers and utilities;
Instructions for installation and operation of the video card;
DVI-to-VGA adapter.
As well as to the "reference level" sample set for the image output interfaces represented ports of DVI-I, HDMI 1.4a (with the possibility of transmission of 7.1-channel sound-and 3D-images) and DisplayPort 1.2. Given the availability of bundled with the card of another adapter, the user should not have any problems connecting to her monitor, plasma display or projector. It is important that the solutions based Radeon HD 7750 supports the work with monitors and LCDs ultra high resolution (7,680 Г— 4,320 pixels) that at the present moment is a good groundwork for the future. Also recall that by supporting technology AMD Eyefinity 2.0, graphics accelerator to the subject can be connected to 6 monitors total resolution up to 8192 x 8192 pixels, but to connect more than three devices for outputting images need to purchase additional active adapters.
The ASUS Radeon HD 7750 PCB is made on a black textolite, and the design and arrangement of the elements on it as a whole repeat those for the “reference” sample developed by AMD engineers.
The power supply stabilization scheme is based on the 2 + 1 phase formula using a simple APW7098 PWM controller manufactured by Anpec Electronics. As we mentioned above, the video card under test is not equipped with connectors for additional power, and, therefore, consumes no more than 75 watts in load mode.
The reverse side of the PCB is almost devoid of elements with the exception of a few components of the VRM module.
In the case of the Radeon HD 7750 graphics processor, AMD does not provide for the integration of several video adapters for joint graphics calculations using the CrossFireX bridge, and support for this technology is provided only at the program level.
This is what the Cape Verde Pro graphics chip looks like, made according to the standards of the 28 nm process technology, which is the central part of the video card in question. As we have already mentioned, in the version for the Radeon HD 7750, it includes 512 unified processors and 16 rasterization blocks, and the data exchange between the graphics core and memory takes place via a 128-bit bus.
In previous articles we have already noted that recently GPU-Z utility allows you to determine a characteristic of the graphics chip as ASIC Quality. A high value of this parameter indicates a low supply voltage and allows GPU hoped for the best overclocking potential with air and liquid cooling. At the same time for acceleration experiments using extreme cooling methods (liquid nitrogen, helium, dry ice) is better suited to low rate video ASIC Quality. In our case, ASIC Quality value was 69.4%.
The video memory of the GDDR5 standard with a total volume of 1 GB is typed using four 256 MB chips manufactured by Hynix. The chips are labeled H5GQ2H24MFR T2C and, according to the documentation, can operate at an effective frequency of up to 6 GHz. Considering that the memory in the video card under test, even with a slight factory overclocking, works at 4600 MHz, it makes sense to try to speed it up in the process of manual overclocking.
The cooling system of the ASUS Radeon HD 7750 video card has a rather attractive appearance and, unlike the “reference” cooler, occupies 2 slots.
Under a plastic case with an integrated 80 mm fan that supports the PWM control method, a medium-sized aluminum radiator is hidden, in contact with the graphics core through a layer of thermal paste. The memory chips and power elements of the power supply system do not have contact with the main radiator and are not equipped with additional cooling, which does not seem to be a critical drawback, given the low level of power consumption and heat dissipation of the considered solution.
To assess the effectiveness of the applied cooling system, we conducted our standard test suite using the FurMark utility. We carried out tests in two cooler operation modes: automatic control and maximum fan speed.
In automatic mode, with a continuous maximum load, the temperature of the graphics core did not exceed 60 degrees, which is a very good result. At the same time, the fan worked at only 33% of its power, producing a slightly noticeable noise level.
After we set the fan speed to maximum and tested again, we recorded a decrease in the maximum GPU temperature by 12 degrees, however, the noise level emitted by the cooler significantly increased and began to stand out against the general background of the system.
In the absence of load, the frequencies of the graphics core and memory are automatically reduced, which leads to less power consumption and heat dissipation. The cooler in this mode works at only 10% of the maximum power, almost without making any noise.
In our opinion, the use of a dual-slot cooling system for a video card based on the Radeon HD 7750 seems to be an overkill, given the low heat generation of the 28-nm Cape Verde Pro chip and the focus of this solution on ordinary gamers who are not too enthusiastic about overclocking and optimizing additional parameters. At the same time, installing a compact single-syllable cooling system would significantly expand the list of compatible cases and motherboards.
According to test results, the video card ASUS Radeon HD 7750, which is based on the graphics chip, code-named Cape Verde Pro, showed a very positive result, but at the same time giving up to 20% "big" solution based on Radeon HD 7770. In promotional materials, experts AMD is compared to the Radeon HD 7750 video cards based on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti, which at the present moment are very attractive balance between price and features. According to the results of the tests, even with the current, somewhat overestimated the cost of graphics cards based on the Radeon HD 7750 (0), they are really a serious contender for the GeForce GTX 550 Ti. In most cases, the performance difference between these products is quite small, however, in applications with support for DirectX 11 graphics card from the "red camp," looks much more preferable, while not in the newest and most demanding games and benchmarks we see the reverse situation. At the same time we should not forget that the strong advantages of Radeon HD 7750 is the architecture Graphics Core Next, a very low power consumption and support for many modern technologies and standards, including Microsoft DirectX 11.1, PCI-E 3.0, AMD HD3D, Eyefinity 2, ZeroCore, PowerTune.

Overclocking
Acceleration RX 250X

Attention! Everything is done at your own risk!

To overclock the ASUS Radeon HD 7750, we used the utilities MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 14 and the ASUS GPU Tweak. With their help, we were able to overclock the graphics core to a frequency of 932 MHz (an increase of 12%), and the effective memory frequency was 4808 MHz (an increase of 6.8%).
The revealed overclocking potential is not a surprise for solving the budget level. It cannot be called outstanding, but even such an increase in frequencies entails an increase in productivity.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Despite the fact that the increase in the frequency of the graphics core was quite an impressive 12%, the increase in the frame rate in practice was on average about 5%, which can be primarily explained by the low bandwidth of the video memory. Most likely, the 128-bit width of the GPU-memory bus is the bottleneck that limits the performance of the Radeon HD 7750.

Drivers are looking forhere

Post has been editedVinsulation - 10.08.17, 15:21
Reason for editing: Adding the Overclocking section

Rep: (18)
I do not know whether to write here.
Does the motherboard EliteGroup P4VXAD rev.3 support an Intel Celeron G 1820T processor?

If it does not work, then there are still such processors:
Pentium 4 2.8 GHz
Celeron D 2.4 GHz
Celeron 2.0 GHz
Celeron D 320 2.4 GHz
Which one is more powerful?

Rep: (0)
[/ spoiler] people who know what it is?

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Rep: (630)
Schoolchildren))) food flop

Please rate the assembly and tell if the components fit together. I plan overclocking RAM, and Vidyuhi. I would be extremely grateful to answer.
Power supply Aerocool 500W Retail KCAS-500W
MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC Video Card
Western Digital WD Caviar Blue WD10EZEX 1TB Hard Drive
Case Aerocool Cs-1101
Motherboard MSI B350M BAZOOKA
Samsung Original M378A5244CB0-CRC 4Gb DDR4 2400MHz RAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 BOX processor

Branda LaPiovra @ 12/13/17, 17:02*
I do not know whether to write here.

Not here, does not support

Please rate the assembly

Assemblies are evaluated here:Build a gaming PC

Epicfetus @ 02.21.18, 21:44*
people who knows what it is?

This is offtopic: offtopic:

This post will not really matter, or rather did not matter. And in general he would rather not discuss, because everything is already purchased, but rather to provide the information that is difficult (if not impossible) to find about accessories. Discussions are welcome in this way to identify my mistakes, or, on the contrary, a reasonable solution, not impose mats I)) for future buyers))
So. I have collected the following system:
Processor Intel Core I7-8700K BOX
M / P Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI
B / P 1000W Super Flower Leadex II Gold (SF-1000F14EG)
V / K Sapphire PCI-Ex Radeon RX 580 Pulse 8GB GDDR5 (256bit) (1366/8000) (DVI, 2 x HDMI, 2 x DisplayPort) (11265-05-20G)
RAM 16Gb DDR4 3000MHz Patriot Viper 4 (PV416G300C6K) (2x8Gb KIT)
Cooler be quiet! DARK ROCK PRO 4
SSD Couple

There were difficulties in the fact that the processors now require a very hot and dimensional cooling. Otherwise there is a risk constantly howling (-their), cooler (s) or throttling or output processor / thermopaste (and further opyt same processor) of the system. On the other hand now the aesthetics component paying decent attention, and therefore do not want to push in sistemnik prehistoric species RAM strips - you want a decent heatsink or even illuminated, but still a decent amount. Here and begin suffering - many coolers covered portion of slots for RAM, so that in the best case, there can be inserted only strips without any design, or even nothing at all will not fit. Or should we cast in order to turn the cooler. And there is no guarantee that will fit a graphics card. I ran across these reviews that some people had to put a video card in the second PCI-E slot. Now it is not so critical, but generally not great. To solve this problem you need to know the linear dimensions of the components. But they are often hard to find, but some options are unlikely to be found at all. Part can be approximately calculated from the proportions of the picture. I did so in particular when choosing a cooler. Like the cooler more efficient so that it can operate at a lower speed (by the way, b / n treated with decent power from 750W for the same reason, and kilovatnik turned because 750 th run out on the market ((and in respect of this producer were . best reviews) chooses a TDP of 200W, on the assumption that a request for a particular processor 95W - is likely when simple words, I opted for a minimum of two-time supply of heat dissipation The choice was between the air-cooled and liquid-plus the first.:..
- zero probability that the system will fill in and short-circuit. Yes, good fluid does not cause an immediate fault, but that no one will sit and look into the body all the time - and not leaking Is there anything?
- 1/3 cheaper and more with the same or slightly more effective (for performance)
- I do not have to think where to stick the two-piece radiator
Of the minuses:
- overall very CPU in the area
- may overlap with neighboring slots processor
- can not get into the adjustment housing
- heavy - can exceed 1 kg - the whole load on the motherboard. And in my case, to be repeated transportation system. And, most likely, in the assembled state.
Pros LSS:
- kind of like a much more compact in the processor and does not create serious difficulties for placement adjacent components, as well as a near-zero risk that will not go down in height
- I did not compare the mass, but in any event the pump weighs less than a hefty tower cooler, and therefore does not create a burden on the motherboard
Minuses:
- as mentioned above, is the risk of leakage (such as reviews consistently across), must be somewhere to shove two-piece radiator cooler with significantly more expensive
- in case of damage repair the pump probably will be more expensive or impossible

In the end, I chose the tower cooler air cooling. And it was necessary to solve the problem with the placement of the RAM and graphics card. I counted and realized that any such cooler will cover at least part of the RAM. Information about whether it rotated 90 degrees is possible, I have not found. It was not clear how to choose the RAM - I wanted to take a little overclocked to myself not to bother it at least at the start. And these trims come with radiators. And how do you know whether they vlezut? As a result, I came across a review where a person wrote specifically about the same die and about this cooler - they fit together.
Here are all the possible dimensions:
- height RAM strap DDR4 3000MHz Patriot Viper 4 (PV416G300C6K) - 40 mm. Of these, 10 mm - the height of the radiator above the board. After installation in the RAM slot die rises above the lid of the processor 35 mm. The stock cooler under the be quiet! DARK ROCK PRO 4 about 3-4 mm. Radiator covering cooler 1 bar, cooler and fan - 3 and the remaining point is lower. When installing there is only one zakovyrka - fan wires coming down and so we had to turn the fan at 90 degrees. Then all climbed remarkably.
- the height of the cooler be quiet! DARK ROCK PRO 4 on the motherboard 171 mm. But cooling mosfetov cooler rises quite close tubes.
- ran across holivary that manufacturers are beginning to save on the thickness of the PCB of the motherboard. In motherboard thickness of ~ 1.5 mm - I do not know a lot or a little.
- video card in this configuration arises freely and the first PCI-E.

Now a little about the individual components. That is to say, small faq on who he kept these glands in their hands and gathered them into a coherent whole.
Well, talk about the processor is nothing special, except that it really is not any cooler or thermal compound. Just a stone in a small box. But like so it should be a three-year limited warranty.
But on the cooler there are some frequently asked questions. For example the fact that often in coolers curve outsole. In my case, the sole first zapolirovat pretty well, although with a mirror chromed not compare. On the scientific accuracy of curvature, I do not pretend. The technique I have the following: take the line (I take usually a metal of stroymagazina - they are usually of high quality), are putting it in turn to the same surface (roughly flat on the eye) - if both sides give the same "evidence" line is suitable for measuring plane. That's the line showed a very slight deviation from the plane of the sole of the cooler. I is measured diagonally. In the photos the result looks worse than it actually is. Sole radiator large and fully covers the processor, so even with the stock. Thermal paste supplied to 1 - 1.5 times. Obviously not, "Vodicka" consistency.
The ribs are strong enough with careful handling. I do not bent neither. The cooler is mounted on the motherboard is quite simple. The big drawback (although it will be at the absolute number of similar products) - in the instructions there is no hint of the bolt tightening torque and mounting directly on the motherboard. And you do not know whether it has permission or excuse to time, whether on the contrary you are pulled and there is a risk that the loads and vibrations happen eventually something bad. Furthermore, the two bolt fixing "beam" are short length. I kind of screwed one to it to attach it securely and do not jump out at further manipulation, but then I could not have a second screw bolt on the opposite side - he does not hold. I had gradually weaken first. As a result, there is no certainty at least in an approximately uniform fastening the cooler. I decided to delay as long as the cooler has not ceased to crawl under the "yoke".
Another part of the disaster called the difficulty in installing the fan on the heatsink, breakage of the mounting brackets. I did not break a single one. In fact, there are suspicions that these people do not just hand curves, and they grow from ZDTS actually their arms crooked curves rising from the curve ZDTS. If the bracket to pull over the middle, you can break anything. But it is necessary to press slightly on the corners - and voila. Everything snaps elementary. Although at first I would have been pulling clamp pliers! Those. actually build and install the cooler for 10-20 minutes.

A few words I would like to say about the power supply. It runs quietly. However, upon application of power can be caught very thin and, frankly, annoying squeak. It is unlikely that it will be heard in closed sistemnike unless sistemnik not turn to someone the power supply, but it can be heard in an open system. Disappears only when you disconnect the power supply board (not just the computer itself)

On the motherboard, I drew attention to the fact that although most of the components manufacturer tried prisobachit smoothly and gently, but in some places there are noticeable flaws: the distance between the components are different, the capacitors are rotated differently. It's more of a niggle, but for such a sum would be desirable "horse with straight teeth" ...

I Corps took a Cooler Master HAF X - guys, be careful when buying! In the flat area of ​​at least 150 square meters can not get this machine!))))

System until collected in an open testbed. The paper has not yet been tried. But some impressions left already. I already have an old computer on the Intel Core I7-4770 with box-ovym cooler modestly vidyuha on hdd and 400W power supply. So even with the closed case, this system is much more loud than the new open booth! I did not measure the instrument, but the ear twice, ie SIGNIFICANTLY.
In the new system coolers working at minimum speed, occasionally almost goes into standby mode. I hope that in case there is sufficient cooling for quiet operation as well.

If my reasoning is, obvious mistakes, ask them to explain to other people do not make them.

Images in the application will help clearly understand the dimensions of the components, their relationship with each other.

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image