> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

LG G2 - Discussion | Smartphone 5.2 "

Rep: (2478)
DiscussionLG G2
PictureLG G2 D802, D800, D801, D803, D805, F320S, F320K, F320L, L-01F, LS980, VS980, D802TA
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Firmware 4.x пїЅ | Cloudy firmware пїЅ | CM11 firmware (Android OS 4.4.X) | power usage пїЅ | Camera comparison пїЅ | Modification of software and decorations пїЅ | Club owners пїЅ
User manual in Russian, ua, kz, eng - Attached fileLG-D802_CIS_UG_Web_V1.0_131024.pdf (36.73 MB)

Features and innovations LG G2
Modifications and differences models LG G2
Reviews

Owners reviews LG G2

firmware JellyBean & Kitkat
Lollipop Reviews
MicroFAQ
Service menu LG G2 D802 3845 # * 802 # - Service menu LG G2 F320 3845 # * 320 #

Q: from Lollipop wireless drive mode over WiFi deleted?
A: yesand there is
A:another option

Q: How to connect Android and PC over WiFi?
A:options to choose from

Q: How to turn off the smartphone by double-tapping, if on the screen the application and not the desktop?
A: you need to double-tap on the notification bar

Q: How to enter recovery using buttons?
BUT:Everything is very simple.

Q: Speaker is quiet and poor quality. at all so?
A: no,need to keep in front of the ear

Q: How much RAM / ROM?
A: RAM 1.81gb / 1.01gb, 24.4gb ROM available

Q: how to increase autonomy?
A: Disable "Network location", automatic data synchronization

Q: Because of the scratches on the glass of the camera, the pictures are muddy. what to do?
A:choose the appropriate solution

Q: Is the lid heavily greased?
A:read review

Q: Does he have ice notification?
A:Yes there is

Q: How to check the screen when buying?
A:in the service menu

Q: How to enable network mode only LTE (LTE Only)?
A:in the service menu

Q: which player is better to listen to flac 24/96 and 24/192?
A:Dead beef

Q: no files are transferred via WiFi Direct
A:try using SuperBeam

Q: in G2 two speakers or one?
A: one,behind the right speaker grille, for the left microphone

Q: Eurotest phone, LTE is enabled only through the menu service. can be corrected?
A:Yes, flash the official firmware, instruction in "Useful links"

Q: "contacts on her sim card were great and mine was small ..."
A:This is the old sim card

Q: G2 does not see a USB flash drive connected, what should I do?
A:To beginwithformatting

Q: do not unlock the screen by pressing double tapa
A:make update touch firmware

Q: how to remove error 941 in google play?
A:->

Q: How to enhance the weak signal of GPS satellites?
A:can this guideor bythis description, stillinformationandstillandstill

Q: Are there any extraneous noises in the conversational dynamics of a software or hardware problem of a smartphone?
A: no
A: some help replace SIM cards or switch to another operator. (no fixes or patches)

Q: Does the LG VS980 have FM radio?
A: no
4G connection and setup LTE
Useful links and solutions
Solving the problem with the access point on the V30a-SEA-xx
Getting root WITHOUT PC
Processsensors.qcom zhrun found?
Processsensors.qcom or not?
List of applications that can be removed, disabled, etc.
How to free up phone memory without root
Android OS FAQ
Tips to improve power saving devices on Android OS
The data transfer rate of our device
Discussion on the availability of LTE networks and connection to them
Solutions to connecting to LTE with Galaxy S4 examples
Solving the problem with LTE in Megaphone
The second solution to the problem with LTE in Megaphone
Information about Rostest and EAU
Version LS980 is optimal for Ukraine
Display brightness
Display color temperature
LG G2 recording from the line without root
Quality of conversational dynamics G2
Adjusting the color temperature of the G2 screen to warm tones
XDA section on LG G2
Energy Optimization
Remove the cover
Miracast
How to know the class of PVS processor
Link for downloading stock firmware by IMEI
Expanding the menu when you press the power button. RTH required
Full "LG-D803 LG G2 service manual"
Solving the MMS problem on Korean F320 models
To work "Ok Google" you need to disable LG OnScreen Phone
How to remove the annoying and interfering live message: "activation of the speakerphone" (self service). Model LS980
Description of the mod and program XCam LG Settings, disconnecting the noise in the camera, with an example of a photo
Service manual for model 802 - mirror
activate voice dialing from the headset
GPS fix
All service / engineering codes that "should" work on the LS980
The reason is not working radio on different modelsthankSerge_G
GPS tuning
Comparing G2 with other smartphones
GPS fixFrom userCbip
Fix with 3g cdma on ls980
Solving the problem with GPS

Poll results
Attached Image

There is no curator in the subject. If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).
Prior to the appointment of the curator, on filling the caps, contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editednonlocal - 14.02.18, 20:36
Reason for editing: Curator

Rep: (271)
Vidos
Video reviews

Advertising

Text Reviews

Comparisons

miscellanea

Poll results
Attached Image

Post has been editedassasa - 27.01.14, 10:59

G2 will be installedworld's thinnest full HD LCD matrixwith 2.2mm thickness and only 2.3mm wide frames
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Photo of a Korean with a cover removed and a 2610 battery
Text link
Judging by the photo of the cover at close range, the cover is made of rough polycarbonate, the same as it was on the LG Nitro, and not from glossy shiny plastic

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Comparing frame sizes and LG OG and G2 sizes

G2 camera modules on the left, G Pro on the right
Attached Image

Rep: (143)
Top and side frames worthy of applause! Really very thin. But the bottom one could have been cut ... But even without that, G2 is quite comparable in size to SGS4 and One (which have smaller screens) !!!

Attached Image

I would very much like to see LG's top-end smart card with a screen of 6-6.5 "with similar ultra-thin frames ...

Post has been editedfedor82 - 25.12.13, 11:54

Rep: (1775)
nicknice
I would say above something else

But for a lie there is another opinion ..
http://android-tornado.ru/neus/2011-lg-g2.html
quote from there:
The LG G2's screen is so stunning when watching Full HD videos that
It is very difficult to instantly not fall in love with this smartphone. The LG G2 is all on
top level!

Post has been editedstarr2012 - 13.08.13, 12:36

Rep: (3816)
LG Optimus G2 looks very nice against the background of competing graduates of autumn 2013:
Attached Image

Particularly pleased with the ratio of the screen area to the area of ​​the "muzzle" of the device itself. It can be seen that, for example, Sony Z1 completely merges the device from LG on this parameter! For movies and photos - very important. : yes2:
For the sake of justice, it should be noted that the on-screen buttons will eat off a portion of the usable screen area in normal applications and games. Here on this point, LG Optimus G2 lags behind Samsung.

Post has been editedsparta - 11.09.13, 21:13

Audio Zoom demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpsXdMeN8Ak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsv74cUjEbs

evenings on a farm near the Bosphorus:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u0P8g-r7Aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYnRDuzaa94

Post has been editedkara puz - 17.09.13, 17:55

ShadowScale,
While choosing between G2 and Note3. The difference in price steers unequivocally (10t.r.), but apparently the decision will have to take while keeping both devices in their hands. While I am between two lights, and if the G2 screen turns out to be brighter, I'll take it!
In the picture from the review, the G2 looks great:
Attached Image

Post has been editedsparta - 21.09.13, 19:09

Rep: (3)
So, in the hands of s4 (I have a month) and g2 (came yesterday), I can not decide what to leave for myself and what to give to my wife)))
I chase the day, they are almost the same.

Pros s4:
Filling
normal buttons (maybe a matter of habit, but ...)

Pros of g2:
The camera ... oddly enough, but it will remove generally better.
Focus sometimes works longer, but much more accurately than S4
Screen! Much whiter and brighter than s4
Fast, no lags, as in s4

Cons g2
Screen buttons! Did not like, eat the usable screen area and it becomes smaller than in s4 (in applications)
When pulling out of the feed, double tap on the screen does not work immediately, you have to hammer it several times, if it just lies side by side, then everything is normal.

Their work time is almost the same for both.

But the brightness of the screen and the camera - of course in favor of the G2.

1. Why G2
About samsung
Actually there was no such intention to buy this device (G2) today. Just on the way I drove into the Samsung salon to turn the SGN3 in my hand.
a) Screen . Pentyle is completely invisible there, but what embarrassed me is that the maximum brightness of the N3 corresponded to 80% of the brightness of the HTC One (compared side-by-side). Yes, N3 is brighter than sgc4, but not much, only 10%. For me it is not enough (see signature). Two devices on the snapdragone 800, presented in the showcase, differed in a shade of white (noticeably on a white fill).
b) Ergonomics . Samsung is in the hand well, - the cover is so apparently driving. And, if I took it, it would be the first device for which I would not buy a case. Buttons, unlike sgs3 and 4, are pressed with a better tactile response (rather than “wadding”). For one hand too big.
c) Sound . The sound of the melody from the internal test of the device was not pleasant, - the sound is not clear, there is a small chatter. Of course everything is at full volume. Perhaps I find fault, because on hand and already used to the sound of the HTC One.
d) Camera . Here I was in for a surprise! After removing the bright white showcase, with dazzling white lighting, I got the following:
Attached Image

It is clear, if I got such a "coffee" white balance in low light, but there was more than enough light in the cabin.
To check, I immediately took a snapshot of my HTC One from the same point, and got the result that is quite consistent with what I see with my own eyes:
Attached Image

d) Feather . I was very impressed with the reviews that you can recognize the data in touch directly from handwritten notes. Useful feature. But it was not there for me (my handwriting). I honestly (for the first time in a hurry, and then tried to) 5 times trying to feed a pen the word "Hello", but Samsung did not understand me (get "When" + gibberish). But I realized that without this feature without the need to pen me because not an artist, and on the map to draw the arrow or circle can be a finger, small precision. Numbers are recognized, "Hurray."

About LG G2
a) Screen . Screen size - "in the apple." Colors are 100% natural and at the same time bright. Brightness like the HTC One, which means the screen will be readable in the sun.
b) Ergonomics . In his hand like a glove. The rear location of the buttons does not cause discomfort. Accidentally press the key on will not work. Turn on the phone, lying on the table, pressing on top of it will not work, because the power button on the sides is specially protected by protrusions (~ 0.5mm), and the phone lying on its back rests on them, and not on the button.
Press on the power button with your finger so that the device “jumps out” of the face in your hands, it also does not work, - the button is of moderate rigidity with good tactile feedback.
Slam a camera with your finger in the process of adjusting the volume by accident - it is necessary to try, because the camera is separated from the buttons by a well visible to the touch partition. The volume buttons are soft, but they will not press themselves.
And finally, the fact that there are no buttons on the sides finally allowed me, while holding the device in my hand, to hold the steering wheel of the car with both hands at the same time. With the buttons on the sides it was impossible:
Attached Image

In order to turn on the device, you do not need to knock on it at all, as is done in some reviews. It is enough to gently touch the center of the off screen with a finger pad twice. And to turn it off, it is not at all necessary to look for free space on the screen, you can double tap on the status line and the device will turn off.
c) Sound . The volume of the external speaker in the player roughly corresponds to that of my HTC One. Of course there is no bass, due to which the sound is not so deep. Unpleasant distortion is not noticed. Speaker speaker test is not yet possible.
d) Camera . White balance is normal. After the purchase, the G2 immediately returned to the Samsung salon and took off that very showcase:
Attached Image

Night photos, as I was asked, also made. Lay out in the next post (along with photos from the same point on the HTC One).
e) Price . This is the most pleasant against the background of Samsung requests. The difference is about 10 thousand rubles. pocket does not pull.

That is why G2 is my choice.
Examples of night photos lay out today, on issues in the header - tomorrow.

Post has been editedsparta - 24.09.13, 00:11

Rep: (73)
Looked today machine. What can I say? The device "just fire" (s)!
Screen.
The picture quality is just great. Detailing, color rendition, angles - everything is fine. About the brightness I will not say, because indoors looked at full brightness without a car.
Sound.
Speaker. Pretty decent. At full volume, let's put it with the Samsung, which is set at 80 percent.
Call signal Normal. No yelling, not quiet, not loud. In the pocket will be heard (if the signal is assigned to "squeaky" or ringing)
Headphones. I listened to bits from HTC sensation. Expecting something more. (separate chip, etc.). Quality - on a solid four. I didn’t really like the frequency response, but there is an opportunity to turn the equalizer. Volume - 90 percent of Samung (c4 asset).
Camera.
I'll be brief. This is the best camera on the phone I've seen. Making allowance for the fact that there was an artificial light, I imagine that the sun will be just a masterpiece.
I compared right there cameras and pictures of Notes 2, C4 Active, Sony Z1, ZL, ZR.
Out of competition - G2 leader for today.
Battery.
I studied the device for about an hour and a half. Of these, 20 minutes in a circle spinning 2 HD video. Battery sat on 10 percent !! And this is taking into account the unstuck battery from the box. Very worthy.
Buttons.
I like it. Very comfortably.
The device is very light (compared to Not 2 :)).
The only negative that stopped me from buying was my memory. Well, you can not make a device with 24 GB of free memory without a card. Very sad.
Modem will be version G2 pro with a card. I will wait.
Everything IMHO of course.
and maybe the device will rant)

2. G2 camera. Night shot.

There are a lot of interesting chips in the camera, but the main thing, which is very important and I liked it, is that with tapas on the screen, the smart not only focuses at this point, but also adjusts the exposure. Similarly done in the HTC One. Why then write about it? Because for example in Sony ZL this is not at all. I did not check how with this in the Samsung.
Frames are made ~ 22-00. Rain, darkness, black wet asphalt. The place is the Bolshoi Theater. Specially traveled to Bolshoi despite the rain, so that everyone could repeat the shooting of the same well-known place and compare it with their results.
At the same time shot on HTC One, which is positioned as having a light-sensitive matrix.
The first frame - LG G2, the second - HTC One:

Overall plan

a) without specifying the point of focus on the frame:
Attached Image
Attached Image

b) the focus is indicated on the tree:
Attached Image
Attached Image

c) the focus is indicated by tap on the theater:
Attached Image
Attached Image

Pointer (without specifying a focal point):
Attached Image
Attached Image

Lantern (without specifying the point of focus):
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedsparta - 24.09.13, 01:53

= BOBAH = 24.09.2013, 03:42*
The question is still on the camera: how are things going with shooting in very poor light? Is it possible to focus the object using the flash?

3. Focusing in total darkness
In total darkness G2:
- turns on the flash at ~ 50% brightness;
- keeps it on while the body is focused;
- shoots with 100% flash.
Frames in focus all.

Advanced by camera
It is possible to turn off the shutter sound. But this is not interesting, but the fact that you will alwaysknow the momentwhen the camera took a picture. On HTC One, when shooting without sound, I'm not always sure that touching the screen "worked."
In the LG G2 at the time of shooting the frame, the device marks this event a brief (like a flash) increase in screen brightness.
For the first time I was even surprised: in the afternoon it seemed to turn off the flash, but the flash was)).

Post has been editedsparta - 24.09.13, 03:22

Rep: (112)
Charged completely last night and left at night with ...
3G is on, Wi-Fi is connected, Google sync is on, Viber and Watsup are on, Skype is running, local folder synchronization with the dropbox folder is every 4 hours.
After 7 and a half hours of sleep - the balance is 100% !!! I admit of course that this battery controller does not correctly estimate the residual capacity, but ... In general, I will see, drive and torment what will remain in the evening.

Rep: (22)
sparta thanks for the photo. As a comment, the adjustment of the exposure to the focusing point is also in my ancient HTC Desire Z 2010. :) Not new.

Yesterday I tried to get the difference between the FV-5 and the standard camera. Did not work out. :) But noted one moment. With manual focusing (and it was done for my taste weakly, in fotik in this mode the mode of increasing the center of the frame is 5 times to make it easier to focus) because of the feeling that the noise level is less. Either autofocus constantly misses in fact, and I can hit it more accurately on a small screen. :)

olegvp, Yes, I also have 100% of the night. By the evening of yesterday, there were 16. :) And this is taking into account a small charge from USB during the day. The lower the percentage, the faster it melts.

PS: I figured out the PC Suite prog. Complete software that puts the phone, do not need to put. We download firewood from the LG site, from there PC Suite. First, we put firewood, connect the phone - everything is OK. We install PC Suite - and we see our device. :)

Post has been editedAlexR77 - 24.09.13, 07:36

4. Display brightness

The maximum brightness of my copy is437 cd / m2 . Anything above 400 should be sufficient for sunny weather.
Attached Image

Minimum brightness (brightness slider on "0") -8 cd / m2 . At night, not blind.
The contrast (determined by the light on the black fill at maximum brightness) corresponds to that on the HTC One (compared visually) and is at an acceptable level.

The dependence of the display brightness on the position of the brightness slider in the settings (measured by i1Display Pro colorimeter):
Attached Image

Post has been editedsparta - 24.09.13, 08:45

Rep: (185)
AlexandrKiev, PC Suite allows you to make full backups of the device. This is such an iTunes light. To copy it is not needed.

Backups are created by the smartphone itself, after which they can be copied to a computer with a regular connection

Tell me how you after this HTC One? don't take if sizescreenandthe camerain the calculation?

This is exactly why G2 was taken. Software discuss useless - an amateur. Is that the guest mode in G2 is important to me.
Here is a photo next:
Attached Image

5. Battery. Film

The initial charge is 91% (not specifically with 100%, to exclude the initial non-linear segment).
The brightness is 50% (adjusted in a regular player separately from the rest).
Volume: ~ 2/3 maximum (minus 5 clicks from the maximum).
Airplane mode (who knows how much someone eats up the network - for repeatability and independence of the result).
Movie: 1 hour, MKV, 720p.
MKV is often used; 720p is because 1080p weighs a disproportionate amount.
Details later, because now at work.
Final charge 82%
TOTAL: It’s 9% viewing in 1 hour.

Screenshots:
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedsparta - 24.09.13, 14:29

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 13/07/20, 12:12