Lenovo IdeaPad G580 | [Notebook] Cheap beech with a comfortable keyboard

Rep: (80)
Lenovo IdeaPad G580 - Discussion
Windows 7 | 15.6 "| Intel | Pentium B940 (2.00 Ghz) | Celeron B800 (1.5 Ghz) | 2.0 | 4.0GB
Windows 10 � | Windows 8-8.1 � | Windows RT and software � | Windows 7 � | Android | Remix OS � | Linux on tablets � | Change the operating system � | Search programs � | Antivirus � | Ambulance tablet owners � | Ambulance laptop owners � | IT smoker � | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

A photo
Attached ImageAttached Image
Specifications
CPU
3rd generation Intel® Core ™ i7-3520M
Intel® Core ™ i5-3210M 3rd Generation
3rd Generation Intel® Core ™ i3-3110M
Intel® Celeron® B830 (1.80 GHz, 2 MB cache)
operating system
Windows 8
RAM
4 GB, 6 GB, 8 GB DDR3
Video card
Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Intel® HD Graphics 3000 Embedded Graphics Card
Additional NVIDIA® GeForce® GT635 Graphics Card (2 GB)
Additional NVIDIA® GeForce® G710 Graphics Card (1 GB)
Dimensions
339 x 230 x 33.8 mm
Optical drive
DVD burner with dual layer support
Camera
Built-in webcam 0.3 MP
Display
15.6-inch high-resolution widescreen display (1366 x 768) with an aspect ratio of 16: 9
Weight
2.2 kg
I / O ports
1 USB 3.0 port
2 USB 2.0 ports
Combined sound jack
VGA port
HDMI port
Rj-45
Card reader "2 in 1" (SD, MMC)
Storage devices
Hard disk 500 GB, 750 GB, 1 TB (5400 rpm)
Wireless interfaces
Ethernet network card: 10 / 100M
WiFi 802.11 BGN
Bluetooth® 4.0
Keyboard
AccuType Keyboard
Battery life
Up to 6 hours (with 6-cell battery)
Safety features
Veriface Face Recognition Software
Data Recovery System OneKey Recovery
Software options
Pre-installed applications
Adobe® Reader®
BaiDu SearchBar
Google for Notebook
Instant reset
Lenovo AppWiz
Download Optimizer Lenovo EE Boot Optimizer
Energy Management System Lenovo Energy Management
Lenovo ReadyComm
Lenovo Solution Center
Magic share
Microsoft® Office 2010 (for activation, you must purchase a product key)
McAfee® Antivirus
Data Recovery System OneKey Rescue System
ooVoo
PowerDVD
Power2go
Poketalk
ReadyComm
VeriFace
Windows® Live Essential
Youcam
The composition of the pre-installed software may vary depending on the region.
Useful links:
Drivers
Reviews
Bios

Topics Curator:WinSSLioN

Post has been editedWinSSLioN - 09.06.20, 15:10
Reason for editing: Celeron 1005M Compare - Core i7-3630QM HT

We had to buy a laptop for home, vosnovnom for printing and to able to show the video, but big enough. In general it was a difficult task, given the scope of budget 10000r, and the choice was between a complex between amd e series and intel celeron. But since I already have a computer with sandy bridge, and especially liked the video accelerator HD3000, like as not strongly heated. NU and probably in favor of the purchase of this particular laptop lay its staffing peripherals such as usb 3.0 (though 2 pcs) and hdmi, as well as stereo speakers, nearly all beech trees for this price one speaker.

The main advantage it seemed to me when you buy it just marginal housing in other reviews wrote that you can even get to the CPU simply by removing the rear cover, alas, it is not that you need it to replace the thermal grease disassembled. But g580 was much stronger and less bends under load, which is good when you carry, say when he is taken with one hand. Pleased that more design loops compared to the 560/570 series, and now they seem to stronger, there is no feeling that the lid will fly away from the root. With all the ease of opening the lid, open the lid at the beginning, in the middle it opens it is more complicated, but in my instance it can with a small movement of beech lean more very unpleasant. When the lid is closed, it goes to the very bottom and pops, it seems that the screen could crack. Design of course like all lenovo very boring and in principle the same as two or three years ago, except that it may be noted that for its filling is very thick and has a lot of space. By the way his weight pleasantly surprised, not much different from the netbook with a similar screen size, but as the power supply, which is generally weightless to me. NU and the main disadvantage of any manufacturer, is that only the lower part of the lid mat, the rest of the glossy, apparently the Chinese feel that the gloss adds toughness and high cost, I had noticed this many manufacturers.

According to the technical performance is difficult to say something, we can just say that the drive is set such that I only saw in the 90s, when reading the disc wildly vibrates and makes a noise, dual-layer discs are recorded. The processor heats up to a maximum of 50 degrees in the non-intensive applications, the cooler is not noisy, actually heating mode is similar to my processor i5 sandy bridge. The touchpad recognizes a few movements, scrolling is implemented though not very much, with the edge of the touchpad should be done with a finger. In the second slot immediately delivered 4GB of RAM, spent just over an hour by the plant charging lived WINDOWS installed and active use of 4 hours, which is not bad for a budget notebook.

I haven’t done tests in games yet, I don’t even know what to check.

Photos will be later.
characteristics of my specimen
Laptop screen
Screen size in inches:
15.6 "
Screen resolution:
1366×768
LED backlight screen:
there is
Screen surface:
glossy
Laptop configuration
CPU:
Intel Celeron Dual Core B820
Processor frequency:
1.7 GHz
The number of processor cores:
dual core
RAM:
2048 MB, DDR3
Graphics controller type:
integrated
Graphics controller:
Intel HD Graphics
Storage devices
HDD capacity:
320 GB
ODD Type:
DVD-RW
Card reader:
yes, support SD / MMC
Laptop communications
Wi-Fi technology support:
Yes, 802.11 b / g / n
Cable Network (RJ-45):
10/100 Mbps (Ethernet)
Laptop connectors and interfaces
USB 2.0 ports:
USB 3.0 ports:
D-Sub Connector:
HDMI connector:
Laptop operating system
Operating system:
Free dos
Multimedia features
Webcam:
built-in
Webcam resolution:
0.3 MP
Built-in microphone:
there is
Headphone / Microphone Jack:
combo connector
Acoustic system:
stereo speakers
Laptop keyboard
Laptop keyboard color:
the black
Numeric keypad unit:
there is
Features
Bag included:
missing
Laptop battery
Battery Type:
Li-ion
Number of battery cells:
6 cell
Battery capacity:
4400 mAh
Battery power consumption:
48 Wh
Battery voltage:
10.8 V
Maximum battery life:
5 h
Laptop case
Body Material:
high quality plastic
Color solution:
dark brown
Outer surface:
glossy
Inner surface:
glossy
Dimensions (WxDxH):
376 x 245 x 34.5 mm
Weight:
2.6 kg

real photos
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

all drivers in one place
Drivers are designed for windows 8 x64
driver wi fiAttached fileAtheros_AR813x_AR815x_2.1.0.13.zip(5.68 MB)
followingAttached fileAtheros_wifi_10.0.0.221_W8.zip(41.52 MB)

chipsetAttached fileiata_cd_11.7.0.1013.exe(11.81 MB)
Attached fileINF_allOS_9.3.0.1026_PV.zip(3.95 MB)

software for intelAttached fileIntel_mei_8.1.20.1336.zip(54.44 MB)

audio driverAttached filewin64_15288.part1.rar(70 MB)
Attached filewin64_15288.part2.rar(65.9 MB)

touchpad - download the latest version from the official website of the synaptics company
video driver - download the latest version via the update center

Post has been editedRC_Gremlin - 14.01.13, 15:36
Reason for editing: adding drivers

Rep: (99)
RC_Gremlin, And how about a laptop with noise? What is the cost of a Wi-Fi adapter?

Rep: (2)
Join the discussion a little bit off topic: I Z580. About Lenovo can say that the quality is very good, is in the top 5 selling Nout among HP, DELL, ASUS, ACER. The design is very taste, especially white. The disk was divided into C with volume 420 GB and 26 GB Capacity D on which setups were wood and stock bend. But now the question is: standing on Win7 HB ultimeyt rearranged, but the D drive (predvaditelno throwing off the wood C and formatnuv). Whether it is possible to draw some media control interface buttons of HB? It was simply convenient Pts (pop-up window, eg by pressing Fn + F5 opened window with a choice of what to include: WiFi or BT) in a new windsurfing this is not present, may need to string some software from Lenovo to set the interface come from?

Posted 10/10/2012 at 21:03:

TwistedAndy @ 10/09/2012, 11:18 PM*
RC_Gremlin, what about a laptop with noise?

Intellectual fan, noise control
This is from the sticker, and by experience in games it does not make much noise even at high temperatures (i3 2300 MHz, Intel HD 3000 + Nvidia 630m)

TwistedAndy @ 10/09/2012, 9:18 PM*
RC_Gremlin, what about a laptop with noise? What is the cost of a Wi-Fi adapter?

It works very quietly, the noise level at 60 degrees rises a little, but you need to try to warm it up. wi fi atheros adapter with n protocol support.

waplike @ 10.10.2012, 22:03*
Intellectual fan, noise control

That's just what I did not notice.) Stupidly high speed at a certain temperature.

And now the question: It was Win7 HB rearranged to ultimate, but to the D drive (after first throwing off the firewood in C and formatting it). Is it possible to pull out the media button control interface from HB? It was just that Pts was convenient (a window popped up, for example, when you click Fn + F5, a window opens with the choice of what to include: WiFi or BT) in the new Windows, this is not there, maybe you need a thread to install software from lenovo?

I don’t know, I didn’t have this on the disk with firewood, no auxiliary prog, pure firewood, I updated everything else through the driver genius.

It should probably be added that the matrix is ​​better than in hp 6b54er, the viewing angles delight, and especially horizontally, but the colors and brightness are weak, the pixels are the same. The quality of the speakers is nothing special, but loud enough to watch a movie on a laptop in order to arrange it on my own at 3 meters.

Post has been editedRC_Gremlin - 11.10.12, 13:26

About the matrix, but I'm probably not in the topic. I have another laptop. Viewing angles in comparison with the HP ProBook 4530s are simply gorgeous, even the glossy screen does not glare strongly. And I have the speakers "Dolby Home Theater", if you have the same, the sound quality is very good + speaker panels in the full length of the laptop. By the way realtek

Post has been editedwaplike - 11.10.12, 14:02

waplike @ 11.10.2012, 15:01*
About the matrix, but I'm probably not in the topic. I have another laptop. Viewing angles in comparison with the HP ProBook 4530s are simply gorgeous, even the glossy screen does not glare strongly. And I have the speakers "Dolby Home Theater", if you have the same, the sound quality is very good + speaker panels in the full length of the laptop. By the way realtek

It seems to be stated on the case, but there are only two of them, although quite large ones.

RC_Gremlin, I have very long, all along the 15.6 'screen

RC_Gremlin, I have Pts long, all along the 15.6 'screen

This means most likely another beech model, only the filling changes from the price.

Rep: (4)
also took the g580 for 8990 in the expert.

Post has been editedLiam_Howlett - 15.10.12, 07:49

Liam_Howlett @ 10/15/2012, 08:45*
also took the g580 for 8990 in the expert.

Well, as there is no slowdown in the interface?

Rep: (14)
In this new Windows there is no, maybe you need to install a thread from Lenovo to create an interface?

When I bought, there were disks with firewood and Windows. When the installed Windows was demolished, it delivered software from the manufacturer (lenovo g560). You can also swing firewood from the lenovo website

Rep: (0)
Lord I also bought this model in Yulmart in Vladimir for 10650 riders — quite pleased with the device for such money! Preloaded W7HB, quite a lot of programs from Lenovo. I think the model justifies the means, it works perfectly silently! WiFi suite!

Lord I also bought this model in Yulmart in Vladimir for 10650 riders — quite pleased with the device for such money! Preloaded W7HB, quite a lot of programs from Lenovo. I think the model justifies the means, it works perfectly silently! WiFi suite!

Can you please make the disk image an acronym.

I have the following hardware: Core i 5, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 500Gb, 15.6 inches and all this for a little money 18900 in Euroset

So I installed windows 8, the laptop began to work even faster, usb 3.0 is more secure. Video subsystem more brightly, the main difference is noticeable in loading time. There were no problems, mine did not even install firewood from the Lenovo website, downloaded from the driver genius and through the update center in Windows.

TestedCounter Strike: Source
The Steam version of the game, the last one to date, has 4 GB of memory added to the laptop, it costs windows 8 enterprise x64.

Maximum settings in the built-in benchmark:
Attached Image

All the settings are unscrewed to the maximum, it is quite possible to play, but sometimes there are jerks, it is not completely bad for a beech, which is sold at a netbook price and does not heat up and does not make noise.

Same settings, but anti-aliasing is disabled and anisotropic filtering is reduced to 2x:
Attached Image

Here, as a strange picture twitched and clearly sags the number of frames

Turned off anisatropic filtering to trilinear and turned off buffering:
Attached Image

Now more than playable, there is a margin for anisotropic filtering and smoothing. The picture goes very smoothly.

Counter Strike: Go
Then I didn’t tease the game and the computer, turned on the game with bots and tested on the config with all the low and high textures.
Attached Image

The game runs fast, a drop in frames below 35 and lag bali are noticed only when a bunch of bots came out of the opposing team (6 people).
Attached Image

I did not see the difference, I concluded that the main problem is our artificially slowed down processor, it can turn out what to do with it in the future.

Also suggest that you can test further, there is still l4d, l4d2, splinter cell conviction, metro 2033, serios sam 3.

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 17.01.13, 11:50
Reason for editing: [/ SPOILER]

TestedSerious Sam 3: BFE
And so the game itself set the settings, the resolution under the screen:
Attached Image

That's what I saw first in the game, I think those who played on a more powerful PC, the game was remembered differently, but on the box there is a picture for a word of similar quality.
Attached Image
Attached Image

In general, the number of frames from 30 to 50 pleases.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

In general, it is clear from the built-in counter what kind of fps in the loaded moments of the game, but nevertheless you can play more or less calmly. Not too bad for a typewriter I did not expect, five years ago Intel had integrated graphics much worse.

My advice to those who want to play a bit is to add 2000-3000r and buy a laptop either with the same processor or with a built-in video discrete video, the result will be much better compared with geforce 610 and 520 (one chip) at work. While hd 4000, what is in the processor I5 and i7 will have the same results or even the geforce 630.

For more impressive results due to the features of the embedded video, I recommend to buy two fast and 4GB modules, this will be enough for the next 3 years. I have two of them, but they are different and at the same time they are asymmetrical, which slightly lowers the speed and adds lag (the same situation was on the older processor).

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 17.01.13, 11:52
Reason for editing: [/ SPOILER]

Good day!
Three months ago, I got me on the mountain G580 model with 630 cards, 4 meters of memory, 2.5 Gigahertz, without a system. Sam put Win 7 Ultimate 64 and added a bar to 4 meters Samsung. Everything fell without problems. Well, he hesitated for me 5-7 times a day to throw BSOD! :-( The most annoying -. Systematics no, every time a new bug in the game time may fall out, or maybe at work, or maybe even during downtime ... Firewood are fresh all except of the BIOS - stupidly did not know how to update . no conflicts, no viruses, have a great desire to get a sledgehammer. :-(
Help not to make a crash test ... Mozh, that missed where?
PS: In general, the model is not thrilled, not to say cooler - before this was Toshiba Satellite, it worked for 5 years without problems until it was drowned. And I was looking for a replacement for Toshiba, but it was not available ... :-(

-heretic-,
You have some of the memory modules of the battle, check it through mem test

I have this laptop quite noisy ... anyone faced with such a problem?

I have this laptop quite noisy ... anyone faced with such a problem?

Maybe the thermal paste just dried?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 17/07/20, 21:52