Wi-Fi HDD | Wi-Fi Winchester, which one will you choose?

Rep: (119)
PQI Air Bank - of the site
PQI Air Bank - inside
USB 3.0 / 2.0, 802.11 b / g / n, Ethernet 10 / 100M, FTPftp://192.168.100.1User пјљ root Password пјљ pqiab
500 GB / 1 TB
3000mAh Li-Po battery (Up to 8Hrs)
135x77x20,5mm 250g
PQI Air Bank + iPad Air + AVPlayerHD + FTP = the movie turns to ...

Openwrt would fasten ...

Post has been edited1806 - 15.04.14, 18:13

ADATA DashDrive Air AE800
Samba / WebDAV
Li-Polymer 5200mAh Power Bank
134x80x22mm 280g
review1,review2

Post has been edited1806 - 26.04.14, 07:02

Rep: (1)
horse1408 @ 10.25.2013, 02:29*
And what do you say about this model NEXTAV NX-H100

In general, I have a disk of a certain Chinese sharagi Freelander Wi10. Our compatriot described it here in detail here as taker.im / phpBB2 / topic / 142483-freelander-wi10-wi-fi-lan-usb-hdd-500gb
I found its analogues under different brands with slight modifications and, judging by the screenshots of the web interface and the Android interface of the program, my Freelander and this Nextav nx-h100 are twin brothers. And this is slag!

First, the pros:
- I have quite easily configured and working this thing in the access point mode. Tobish the device connected to the disk via Wi-Fi will not remain without the Internet, but will receive it through the disk
- in spite of the traditional battery for Shlakoka Chinese devices, this device has a battery for quite a long time, 4 hours somewhere, but I didn’t wait
- hangs much less than expected. Even rarely. But glitches are still there.

And now the cons:
- on this all the pluses end
- speed on Wi-Fi and even on LAN - g ....
- just junk software on Android, which does not support more or less normal audio / video formats, except pop
- there is no support for FTP, WebDAV, etc., but ...
- ... but there is SMB / Cifs, but there is little sense from it, and here I’ll stop at more detail, because if it weren’t for this, the device would somehow suit me.
I bought this device to listen to my large audio collection in Lossless (Flac, APE and some WV). Due to my audiophile hobby, several terabytes of such audio have accumulated in my home and there is neither time nor desire to convert it to mp3, and its morality dictates that there is no need to do that, in the 21st century, everything should work. After a long search, I bought this disc, which gave me the opportunity to upload 500gb of my favorite music collection to it.
It was supposed to listen through PowerAMP on Android and ... here it all began.
Native on these audio formats does not support. When you start the file, the software offers it first to the phone, which provides me with a bear service, as this spoils the whole point, for which the garden was bitten. By reference above, a person is posting the instructions, how can I use the SMB protocol, tobish through the plugin for Total Commander for Android. But this option did not help, since in this way anyway, TC cannot redirect the file to the player, offering it at first. I will not pay at once that due to the lack of support for the modern SMB protocol (disc supports only the compatibility of old NAS (LMV1)), or in any other software or file manager, except TC to a disk via the samba you do not give the answer (only Total Commander on Android supports This notorious lmv1). After that, the Cifsmanager prog was found, which says the samba ball as a regular folder in the system. And after prolonged dancing with a tambourine, everything became more or less steadily to work: Poweramp scanned the attached folder and lost music from it, essentially straight from the Wi-Fi disk. But this cifsmanager is still hemorrh ... There are all sorts of modules not only for different smartphones, but also for different nuclei on them, but to get them hard as it is not easy. And when I changed the smartphone, then the happiness of the cofsman and Cifsmanager I could not customize.
Then I found the Neutron player, which can play all these formats directly from Samba balls (by the way, in general, this player turned out to be much more powerful than PowerAMP, both functionally and in terms of sound quality), but here again this fucking LMv1, which Neutron does not understand can not bite. And at home with my server everything works fine, the music plays.

Therefore, dear, here is what I want to tell you: if you want to spend money on a wireless HDD, then in order to get a truly useful, flexible device and not throw away money, make sure of the following: the disk is not attached to the native software and omnivorous in terms of formats, for which it must support STANDARD network protocols, like Samba, NFS, etc. And not the ancient versions, but the modern ones.

Now I look at it:
1806 @ 13.04.2014, 23:40 *
interesting device without battery
SEMA StoryLink SHD-K9
SEMA StoryLink SHD-K9 manufacturer
FTP, SAMBA, WebDAV, DLNA
The device is interesting, the firmware is released, the current in Korea is $ 100 with delivery for a device without HDD (you need to install it)
There is Russian and English in the settings of the program for android, in the settings of the UI so far only Korean, maybe later will add English ...

It seems that according to the description there is support for the protocols, but there is no battery and spit - the car is not critical.

A big request, if anyone knows the personal experience of a disk model that is devoid of the problems described above, namely, it is mounted on SMB without any problems through any prog on Android, please let us know - I’m looking for one very much.
Thank!

Buffalo MiniStation Air 1TB Wireless Hard Drive
130x84x23mm 285g
Li-ion 3020mAh
Features:
Fully charge iPhone 5s charge
Directly connected to a PC or Mac computer
For multimedia streaming and more
Wi-Fi hotspot
Wi-Fi DLNA playback device
Free mobile apps for iOS and Android are available for download

Rep: (0)
Ask - ask.
In the FAQ

is it possible to use it in more detail?

Posted 05/05/2014 14:59:

is it possible to use it in more detail?

Another interesting SSD 128GB, but, thin and speedynews here: rolleyes:

Post has been editedveuop - 17.05.14, 20:18

guys, so which of all existing is the most budget? please advise!

Rep: (11)
Overview of six standalone Wi-Fi driveshere: yes2:

Rep: (8)
I read something and did not understand what to choose. Or today is not on sale high-quality drive with wifi?
I just need a screw that will always be connected via TV to which I can throw content from my laptop, but if there is a torrent built-in, then it's generally great.

Rep: (277)
* Rate93,
for this purpose, see better NAS + media player, if the TV does not know how to connect to the network and play content from there. Connect the NAS and media player to the router and you will be throwing the necessary files on the NAS over the network, and you will be downloading torrents directly to it. And wifi drives (at least those that I saw) are suitable for traveling or a car to have a small amount of data with them autonomously.

* ssergey,
And why is it so difficult, only NAS is not enough?

Rate93, if TV can work with the network, then enough

TV has no interface to connect to the network. The task is this in general: watch movies downloaded from Ineta on TV without constantly screwing. Here is an option with a connected screw through yusb and transferring movies via Wi-Fi to it from the laptop is perfect, but there are no such full screws as I understood.
Tell me that in my case the best?
* ssergey, Tell us how the NAT + media player scheme works, maybe there are examples of devices?

Rate93 @ 06.26.2014, 06:59*
how does the NAT + media player scheme work

1. The apartment has a network based on the Keenetic Giga router.
2. A D-Link NAS cable is connected to it (I don’t remember the model)
3. On NAS installed transmission (terrentokachalkal)
4. Twonky (media server) is installed on the NAS
5. Phillips media player connected to TV via wifi is connected to the router
With the help of the web-interface transmission I put torrents on download from anywhere in the world
I listen to music and watch movies from a laptop, phone, ipad

The same on TV through media player

For the initial setup, we had to spend some time and read different topics in different forums, but now this whole design works without problems for several years, like a clock.
HDD with wifi was safely delivered for slaughter to the nephew, since I did not find a real use for him

NAS drive to the TV at the same time yusb can not connect?

And the version of the media player with HDD and Ethernet will not suit me?

Post has been editedRate93 - 27.06.14, 04:11

Rate93 @ 06/27/2014 05:07*
NAS drive to the TV at the same time yusb can not connect?

no, no way
Rate93 @ 06/27/2014 05:07*
And the version of the media player with HDD and Ethernet will not suit me?

It is suitable, if you are not demanding, most likely when the torrents and viewing will be terribly slow down the picture. We need to look at what manufacturers now offer and how much to read reviews.

interested in "Toshiba hdtq112xcwf1 Canvio aeromobile 128GB USB 3.0 / WiFi wireless SSD". On ebee I asked the seller a question about the support of android 4.3 and 4.4, because The description says "Smartphone or tablet ... android version 2.3 to 4.2". And sorry for the noob question, but what is the difference between HDD and SSD external drives, except for speed and interface (there are two ssd-internal ones installed on the computer)?

aleksgood1961 @ 07/04/2014, 18:29*
What is the difference between HDD and SSD external drives?

IMHO, except for those listed by you - the main difference is that SSDs are not afraid of shaking and falling, consume less energy, very convenient if used in a car

After all, ssd has a much higher reading speed (I have a comp.watching from it for 10-12 seconds. Win7 64bit), and the wifi distribution speed will still be limited to the wifi characteristics themselves and not the 6 Gb interface properties.

Colleagues, you need a disk that adequately works on storing and editing office files when working with an ipad.
As I understood, WebDAV can help me here.
Does anyone have experience that works adequately?
I bought a piece of iron in China, I could not get it to work on WebDAV.

Shl. I read the topic.
Found only ADATA DashDrive Air AE800

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 12.01.21, 21:06