Build an ultra-compact PC | Assistance in the selection of components

Rep: (2178)
Building an Ultra-Compact PC

PC assembly instructions

Attached Image

Attention!
  • In this topic we discuss only the selection of components forcompact computers (mini ITX) - for individual components and peripherals have specialized topics. If in the process of selection of components from questioning any questions regarding assembly or some of the components of the assembly, it is possible to ask questions in this topic and not go into the profile. All discussion and persuasion in their arguments with each other who helps select components questioner, conduct cultural and polite. And without fanatstva! Otherwise, the administration reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to punish holivar.
    Also, cases of abuseUser moderation.What has repeatedly warned in the themes. Check out the cases in which you can use this tool.
    We would like to mention an item fromforum rules.Although all know it should be (agreed upon registration).
    5.4. It is forbidden to use reputation for revenge or similar occasions. Reputation is not a means of fights!

Due to the fact that the cases of the use of reputation as a violation of this paragraph, moderation of such incidents will be tough.
  • Selection of a ready-made solution only in the section.All-In-One, Mini PC, nettop
  • If the computer is assembled for work, the discussion should be conducted in the subjectBuild a non-gaming PC / Computer for work
  • If you are building a computer for games, the discussion should be conducted in the subject.Build a gaming PC
  • If you need to collect the cheapest computer, the discussion in the topicBuild a Super Budget PC
  • Questions to improve the existing computer in the subjectUpgrade / Improve your PC
  • Discussion in which specific store to buy components for the computer carried in the subjectWhere to buy spare parts for PC and other equipment , the nuances of buying in foreign stores are discussed here: Club lovers overseas shopping , questions of warranty service and other legal issues here: Service, exchange and return of PC and other equipment
  • PC problems - here we solve the problems with the PC hardware
  • How to quickly collect information about current equipment and show it in the subject

Where to begin
Since when assembling an ultra-compact PC, paramount attention is given to the dimensions of the PC and its appearance, it is necessary to begin the assembly by selecting the case. The body must be chosento you personally. Next, selecting one or more options for buildings, you can ask in the subject.
In the application indicate the following:
  • Model of the selected case
  • Tasks for which you need a mini PC
  • Purchase budget in store currency
  • Shop \ city for pricing
  • If there are any parts for PC that you plan to use - their exact models (for example, power supply, monitor)
useful links
Topics on the choice of components

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedKOT-BE3DEXOD - 02.01.20, 16:07

Rep: (2221)
Dimsml, As a rule, the video adapter is integrated into the laptop platform. Only the processor, HDD can be replaced, the RAM is increased.
In very limited limits.
Everything else is only in the SC and only for similar parts (components).

Rep: (112)
The fact of the matter is that I mean the desktop poppy, where do you think everything is packed so tightly?

Rep: (2221)
Dimsml, Apple has its own psychology of selling computers and upgrading it.
Type - our computers for the elite, collected in a balanced way, their minimum upgrade.
Let's just say that a complete replacement of the laptop is assumed rather than its upgrade.
Therefore, you can make a maximum of integrated devices.
Still plays the role of advanced and glamorous design Macs.
For him, too, take the money.
In general, a similar laptop with characteristics for Windows can cost a thousand or a couple of dollars cheaper than its apple counterpart ...
Here you have to choose - what is really needed ... Glamor or functional?

Rep: (112)
Dimsml, poppies are upgraded. Do not repeat nonsense for those who saw the poppy only in the pictures

Type - our computers for the elite, collected in a balanced way, their minimum upgrade.
Let's just say that a complete replacement of the laptop is assumed rather than its upgrade.

You contradict yourself, but I immediately said the upgrade is so complex that it is almost unreal, and to go with your hands to such an expensive devise - IMHO nonsense

Rep: (1064)
With the usual desktop from poppy, everything is fine upgrade, including video. With the mini - in general, too, there is something to replace.
But the question is not about that at all. The topic is devoted, in fact, to the choice of mini bb :)

Rep: (230)
I sat on the shuttle for four years, of course the kor2duo is colder than p4, which I had, but the sistemnik was warming up very strongly, with relatively short uptimes, and not that really that little one.

Rep: (1)
My opinion is to assemble yourself in the Thermaltake Lanbox. Normal mATX comp.

Rep: (1064)
e-Ch !, and which platform model did you have? And most importantly - is it really quiet?

Rep: (230)
tab,
Well, I had an old, SB-61, when he bought (2003), the configuration was considered cool (not including graphics), as standing next to the monitor and you could hear everything, I would not say that it's very quiet, especially when I started to "think" (also basked much), the cow think with the noise and the temperature no such problems (cold stones), but due to construction (when welled BP I did understand) I doubt that they can just disappear: a little cooler (protsessornik with access to the rear + microscopic chipsetnik now most likely chipsetnik is just a good heat sink, cooled protsessornikom), poor ventilation, due to design fix almost impossible (and given that in the latest models on the front panel attached a screen it is clear that about any, even the smallest inteyk cooler can be no question). so I do not advise, and if you wear it will have, then just say it is too heavy.

Post has been editede-ch! - 01.12.08, 02:44

Rep: (246)
discuss familynettopAcer Aspire Revo R36xx
Attached Image
Attached Image

Those. R3600 data
Operating System * Genuine Windows VistaВ® Home Premium

* IntelВ® Atom в„ў 230 processor

NVIDIAВ® ION в„ў Chipset

RAM * Up to 4 GB DDRII SDRAM (two slots, dual-channel memory support)

Hard disk * Serial ATA II hard disk with a capacity of up to 500 GB or SSD hard disk with a capacity of 8 GB (depending on version)

Graphics adapter * nVidia GeForce 9400 with video memory up to 896 MB

Audio Adapter * HD Audio Adapter with 7.1 Sound System Support

Ports and connectors * Six USB 2.0 ports
* Universal 4-in-1 card reader
* Audio ports
* Connector for power supply
* Ethernet RJ-45 port
* D-Sub VGA port
* HDMI port
* eSATA port

Dimensions * 180 (L) x 180 (H) x 30 (W) mm, weight - 1 kg

Power supply * 65 W external power supply

Options (supplied ONLY with separate Aspire R3600 modifications)

* Webcam
* Nettop mount kit for VESA monitor bracket
* Joystick with spatial sensor

Those. R3610 data
Operating System * Genuine WindowsВ® 7 Home Premium

* IntelВ® Atom в„ў 330 processor

NVIDIAВ® ION в„ў Chipset

RAM * Up to 4 GB DDR2 SDRAM (two channels, two slots)

Hard Drive * Serial ATA II Hard Drive, up to 500 GB

Card Reader * MultiMediaCard (MMC), Secure Digital в„ў (SD) Card, xD-Picture Card в„ў, Memory Stick в„ў

Graphics Card * NVIDIAВ® ION в„ў (GeForce 9400)

Audio adapter * Built-in HD audio adapter with 7.1 sound system support

Ports and connectors * Six USB 2.0 ports
* Universal card reader
* Two audio ports
* Power supply connector
* Ethernet (RJ-45) port
* D-Sub VGA port
* HDMI port
* eSATA port
* Optical S / PDIF port

Expansion Slots * One Mini PCI ExpressВ® Slot

LAN adapters *:
* Gigabit Ethernet adapter with Wake-on-LAN support
* WLAN:
* 802.11 b / g

Dimensions and weight * 180 (L) x 180 (H) x 30 (W) mm, weight - 1 kg
ad-hoc
Power supply * External, 65 W

Manipulators * Wired (USB) or wireless keyboard and optical mouse

Useful links:
XP drivers (all in one archive)
Proven games
Disassembly

I became the happy owner of this baby (3610). I took it with Linux (the version with 1 gig, with 2 gigs ended).
First of all, I demolished the tench and installed the piggyback trim. And there began troubles - there is no firewood in the bundle, and on the site only for the seven. Many of these firewood naturally refused to work.
I had a great google. In this way, I posted an archive with firewood in a hat. The versions seem to be the last.
I will share my impressions:
1) Well, what can I say, compared to an ordinary system unit, it is just tiny. And very cute, it stands on my desk next to the screen (I did not dare to hang it on the screen and hide such beauty).
2) works very quietly. At low load it is generally inaudible, with active use, only if you listen.
3) for an unusual kid for 10k he is very smart. In terms of speed, I’m generally satisfied (it only remains to ram up the ram).
4) a rich set of sockets. A bunch of users, 2 of them at the end next to the power button, ideal for flash drives and other peripherals. Well, the card reader is very much in topic.
set up MPC and drove the HD720 - it goes perfectly, loading 3%

and now about the unpleasant ...
1) a waffle-lazha adapter. With the fact that he is G, I have still measured (in my hedgehog and it is worth it) BUT he does not support point-to-point mode! (Ad-hoc)
This is very sad, I did not expect this. Now I have to buy a point or an external adapter ...
2) there is not enough of another minijack on the rear panel (to connect the speakers). I didn’t have to get very upset, I have speakers. But those with a normal audio system will be uncomfortable

Nui I have a couple of questions ... is there any point in putting x64 Windows on the kid?

Post has been editedByak @ - 18.03.10, 18:02

Rep: (60)
Here is a mega-discussion of this device!http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=62:15454
Go and discuss.

Rep: (610)
Byak @,
Refer to the technicians techno replicators :)
And so quite an interesting machine. Maybe somehow I will change my dust collector for this))
* And in what price range is this device?

Oh, he found. 10 kilorubles?

Post has been editedDr @ ko_n - 20.03.10, 18:45

Rep: (59)
Quite amusing machine - plan to someday replace the home computer is a miracle, the good games do not interest me, consumes very little power and the price is delicious: blush: The only thing that confused, so it is the processor performance for everyday operational needs - not too little dual core atom (I plan to put windows 7)? Regarding playback of high definition video questions asked - like graphics card copes with this task. Upgrade to a baby in terms gland does not produce?

Rep: (1703)
Byak @ 18.3.10, 1:32*
Is there any point in putting x64 Windows on the kid?

I would not. Firstly, there will be no gain at all on the 64-bit version at home, and secondly there are driver problems.

set Khryusha trim

Waffle-crap adapter. With the fact that he G, I still measured (in my hedgehog and then it is worth it) BUT he does not support point-to-point mode! (ad-hoc)

Maybe that's why ad-hoc is not supported, that Windows is self-made? Let's say a server is cut down. I strongly advise - put a normal OSes.

Rep: (27)
It has long been looking for such things. I read the characteristics, in principle, for its price, it is not bad, very. If a computer needs a pure cinema to watch / internet surf - the most it, I am.

p.s. I wonder if you can make a hackintosh out of it? :)

Post has been editedArkin hgarod - 23.03.10, 17:06

Rep: (59)
Arkin Hgarod @ 23.3.10, 20:04*
p.s. I wonder if you can make a hackintosh out of it?

why not? It is even possible - only to get hold of the relevant woods - you get a kind of mac mini analog: spiteful: Yes, and without the hackintosh it looks quite good in the form of a multimedia center - I notice more and more often that it is taken as a home computer for surfing, working with documents, games acquire PS3 or XBox 360.

Dr @ ko_n @ 20.3.10, 18:43*
Oh, he found. 10 kilorubles?

10k is the cheapest equipment (like mine). There are wired keyboard and 1 gig frame.
for the same 11 but with 2gigami frame
for 13-2 gigabytes, wireless keyboard mouse, license of seven and it seems like a console like a Wii (I bought it separately)
Wildcrew @ 22.3.10, 14:12*
The only thing that bothers is the processor performance for everyday operational needs - is it too small for a dual core Atom (I plan to install windows 7)?

I drive on XP, no performance problems. For example, yesterday the fox, Asya Miranda, Player Aimp2, Garen and Priet were running in L4D through Garen on an Internet. And in the background of antivirus and other Labuda. So I think for everyday needs There will be enough zaglaz (only if for you the “daily” are not professional video-training or 3d-max-nito-nidragoe neprobyval.
slimest @ 23.3.10, 12:45*
I would not.

Thank you, you mnu soothed. but on the one hand, I read the theory and it is unnecessary obviously, but it's not so easy to get it with another 64 x 7
slimest @ 23.3.10, 12:45*
Maybe that's why ad-hoc is not supported, that Windows is self-made?
Unfortunately, no. Checked. Yes, and you could not check:
1) the floor assembly is on epeps 901 and on it I can create a point-to-point connection
2) the link in the first post (where the discussion is) has already been written that the adhoc really is not there.
So I want to take the adapter N of the standard with the adchos (nashol for 1300r, the declared Razyus in the room 50-100m)

And now the question is, how can you overclock it (atom330)? it’s good to have a convenient program in which it is easy to set up and remove overclocking (it is needed only in hard games)

Wildcrew @ 22.3.10, 14:12*
Upgrade for such a baby in terms of iron did not produce?

I just added another gig operatives (I plan to later purchase 2 strips of 2g each)
but in general the most interesting for me "modernization" - this devicecywee
but where do I buy it so and nenashol ...

Rep: (3)
I have an Acer Atom 230 2G Ram Vista HP + Cywee controller
Ad-hoc ability works Vista HP and Asus F3S Vista HP laptop
put Vista HP or Win 7 HP

Posted on 04/10/2010, 18:54:

Cywee stick (bullshit) is impossible to play, it gradually leads to the side, it is impossible to aim, in fact, I had enough nerves for 15 minutes
did not include it anymore

Piavia @ 10.4.10, 19:54*
put Vista HP or Win 7 HP

No thanks, I need an operating system and not ryushechki))Yes, and 100% is not in the case, if even in the wood there is no support for adchos
Ktoomuzhe in 3610 and in 3600 different wafer adapters (at least the firewood didn’t fit)

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 07/03/20, 7:31