Library organization on PC / reader | PC applications

Rep: (3983)
Library organization on PC and E-book (reader)
That is, the "library" - an orderly display of books (catalog).

1. MyHomeLib - is a program for managing collections of electronic books in any format. The program is absolutely free, its source codes are open.
Attached Image
Key features:
- convenient viewing of collections of books in the form of a tree list grouped by author / series
- ability to work with lists of books in tabular mode, sorted by any column
- display covers and annotations when viewing the list of books
- reading email. books in fb2, html, doc, txt formats without installing additional software (using AlReader 2)
- unlimited custom collections
- automatic import of fb2 from folders and zip-archives
- non-fb2 collection, the ability to work with any type of file.
- full FBD format support (import, conversion, editing)
- quick search by author, book title
- full search by author, title, series, genre, etc.
- sharing custom collections using inpx files
- customizable folder and file name patterns when exporting books from collections
- export of fb2-books in fb2.zip, txt, lrf format (using fb2lrf converter)
- quick connection of e-pub and pdf converters
- import / export of user collections in xml and inpx formats
- connection of user scripts for processing books (creating collections, converting)
- editable individual lists of genres of any level of nesting
- ratings and reviews of books, marks of reading
- work with groups of books (Favorites, For reading, etc.)
- the possibility of "two clicks" to connect other collections (Traum Library, etc.).

Working with the archives of the library Lib.rus.ec:

- support for fb2 and usr archives of lib.rus.ec library
- automatic update of book lists for archives Lib.rus.ec
- download reviews from the site Lib.rus.ec

Working with libraries on the engine Lib.rus.ec (Flibusta, etc.) in the on-line mode:

- download manager
- download books in the background
- automatic update of on-line collections
- download reviews from the site.

2. MyRuLib - A free (free and open) program for organizing a home library (collection) of electronic books in fb2 format.
Attached Image

Can be used to work with libraries lib.rus.ec and flibusta.net.

Created as a cross-platform alternative to the MyHomeLib and LibRusLib programs, it works in Windows, Linux and Mac.

3. freeLib - cataloger + EPUB / MOBI + OPDS / HTTP server converter
System requirements: MAC OS X, LINUX, WINDOWS
Attached Image

Key features:
  • Import library from inpx files
  • Send selected books to email
  • Save books to selected folder
  • Work with several libraries
  • Search and filter books
  • Additional processing during export
  • Work with custom libraries (based on fb2 / EPUB)
  • Built-in conversion to MOBI format (based onhttp: //www.the-ebook.o…/viewtopic.php? t = 26775does not require installation of python)
  • Built-in conversion to EPUB format
  • Convert fb2 / epub files without adding to library (drag & drop)
  • OPDS / HTTP server

Download here:https://sourceforge.net/projects/freelibdesign/

For Linux x64, you must install 32-bit libraries.
For Ubuntu: sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

Author -alnet
Checked - works on Win 7-8.1.

3. Libro - library manager / fb2 and epub file converter
Works under Microsoft Windows, MacOS, Linux.

To convert azw3, mobi, epub, kepub files and send by email (Send to Kindle), you need to install the fb2converter program and make the appropriate Libro settings, as described in the documentation. It is recommended to use fb2converter version 1.17 and higher.

Key features:
Manage the library of your books in fb2 and epub formats
Convert books to azw3, mobi, epub, kepub formats (requires installation of fb2converter)
Full-text library search using search query language
Built-in editor of book metadata - title, author, cover, etc.
Sending books with one button to a reader via USB, via e-mail (for example, through Amazon Send to Kindle)
Two modes of operation - library manager and converter (as GUI to fb2converter)

Project site on Github
Documentation
Download the latest version of the distribution

Is there some more
1. CaliberandLibRusLibbut they, PMSM, are not so functional.
2. Fb2converter - Library organization on PC / reader | PC applications
3. fb2mobi - Library organization on PC / reader | PC applications

If there are additions - welcome.

Post has been editedgabby - 12.04.19, 23:06
Reason for editing: Fb2converter - Library organization on PC / reader | Applications for pff2mobi - Organize a library on a PC / reader | PC applications

Rep: (373)
I upload books through this program:http://ebookstore.sony.com/download/But it only works with epub. Books in the FB2 format could not be thrown onto the rider through it, neither the prog nor the riader can see them. In this regard, the question: What do we use to throw and organize books in the format FB2 ?. Thank.

What do we use to throw and order books in the FB2 format?

I use MyHomeLib - everything is neat for daddies. I have a Sony PRS-T1 (CR) / 350 (eBA LLC), so there are no problems with the file system.

Rep: (61)
What do we use to throw and order books in the FB2 format?

fb2lrf
fb2pdf
Oh yeah, I almost forgot :-) fb2epub

Post has been editedkot28 - 25.08.12, 17:21

fb2lrf
fb2pdf
Oh yeah, I almost forgot :-) fb2epub

Everything works there!

Rep: (4)
I have been using for many yearsBookseer, You can catalog the files of various formats, browse, read, reading room with all the attendant features (bookmarks,% of reading, etc.). You can connect an external program to view different types of files, organize, create directories, grouped by subject, understand the archives, many formats, etc. Very comfortable and functional thing, essentially is a file header. Among the shortcomings well, probably, what example fb2 opens as a text file, and to view the full version it is necessary to connect an external program. Quite a file management functionality. In general try. Program for PC.

Post has been editedMikich221 - 14.11.12, 19:42

Rep: (96)
How to combine the same authors in MyHomeLib?

For example:
Ivanov Ivan
Ivanov Ivan Ivanovich

yorsh48 @ 11/23/2012, 00:19*
How to combine the same authors in MyHomeLib?

Correct metadata.

Rep: (96)
vadeus @ 11/23/2012, 07:25*
Correct metadata.

If you edit the author in the list of authors, then we get two identical authors, if each book, then it will be quite long. :(

And how to add a couple of books to this program, for example, if you completely update the library, all the books to which the tags are fixed are added

yorsh48 @ 11/23/2012, 8:00 PM*
And how to add a couple of books to this program, for example, if you completely update the library, all the books to which the tags are fixed are added

No You can add both single files and folders to MyRuLib.

Rep: (6)
Or maybe someone knows on the Internet the type of loops in the "clouds". Well, that the library was not on the computer and on the network.

Well, that the library was not on the computer and on the network.

In the sameFlibusteYou can read books online.

Rep: (61)
Well, that the library was not on the computer and on the network.

Well, for example:
Bookmate (http://bookmate.com/)
BookReader (http://bookre.org/)

Rep: (1)
Good day!
Please tell me what could be the reason.
I am trying to send the book to the device in PDF format, but the program creates only an empty folder. The convector is copied to the desired folder.
On another computer, everything works as it should. Distributions and convector are the same. System Winda XP.
And further. Sometimes does not want to download files giving errors, then connections, then something else. This is normal? Or do you need to change something in the settings?

Deniszh @ 01/28/2013, 10:57*
I am trying to send the book to the device in PDF format, but the program creates only an empty folder.

Which programm?
Fb2pdf will not work if Java is not installed on the PC.

Yes, it is this convector.
Java is installed.
If I drag the file to the shortcut as usual, everything is converted.
But I want the MHL to convert it automatically.
On one computer it turns out, on the other (necessary) no.

Deniszh @ 01/28/2013, 11:58*
If I drag the file to the shortcut as usual, everything is converted.
But I want the MHL to convert it automatically.

It means that not all files of the converter in MHL are thrown.

Yesterday I specifically took and completely copied the fb2pdf folder from the "working" MHL. Did not help. :(
And in general, it seems that Flibusta does not work. And Librusek does not allow to download anything.

Rep: (624)
Deniszh @ 01/29/2013, 06:17*
Librusek does not download anything.

gives librcusk. maybe not all, but gives. that's just
Attached Image

in the MHL settings, check carefully all the paths to the converters, to the target folder ... and more library properties. You did not download updates in the next time?

Well, in general, I did not succeed. I checked everything, all the paths are spelled correctly, I reinstalled the program.
I will convert the old fashioned way ...
Thank you who responded.

Hey. Much has been written about MyHomeLib and Library librusec. Question from beginner, so to say, all downloaded (special thank you to all who kissed the creation of this miracle, the end of life does not read ...), the program set. Being absolutely primitive to use their Kindle and its connection with the computer, I would like to do so: I am looking for the right book in the program (or find an interesting method of sticking), converts it into a mobi, pour through a cord on Kindle. Not very brilliant, but simple. How to do it ? And yet - those authors (and their books), genres that I like - they can be completely removed, to leave only the list that I would like to read?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 13/07/20, 19:42