Samsung GT-I8160 Galaxy Ace 2 - FAQ | Frequently asked Questions

Rep: (382)
Samsung GT-I8160 Galaxy Ace 2 FAQ
PictureFAQ � | Description | Discussion � | Purchase � | Accessories � | Firmware (OS 2.3.x) � | Firmware (OS 4.1.x) � | Firmware (CM10) � | Firmware (MIUI) � | Firmware development � | Club � | Embellishments � | Marriage �

Highly recommended for reading, for a better understanding of the material:Android OS FAQ , Glossary , Terms and jargon .

Rubricator - in the 2nd post of the topic.

When creating this FAQ was used material prepared by usersAlexisando and Dacket for what they thank you so much .

ps To DevFAQ without my knowledge to transfer forbid.

Post has been editedyod - 19.07.13, 19:30

Disassembly and touchscreen change instructions on the example of I8160P

Disclaimer:Takenfrom here, I just translated someone's work into Russian. I recommend reading the original as well. I am not a professional translator and could miss something. If you are not confident in your abilities, do not know where to buy a new touchscreen / tools, then it is better to contact the Service Center, let the work be done by professionals! This is an extremely painstaking procedure that requires accuracy and experience. In case the above site goes into oblivion, I attach a saved page with pictures in high resolution. Attached filei8160p-teardown.zip (19.11 MB)
Also, just in case, the official service manual from Samsung:Attached fileGT-I8160_Service_Manual.zip(12.55 MB)

Go!
From the author: Since I could not find any information on the Internet about how to change the touchscreen on my Samsung Galaxy Ace 2, I had to do everything myself, and I did it!
So, I decided to share my knowledge on the Internet through this article. I have a version of Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 with NFC, but I am 99% sure that everything will be exactly the same on the base version.
Of course, if you want to do it yourself, I do not bear any responsibility. I am not sure about the correctness of my actions, in general.
All I want to say is what I did as I wrote here, and fixing the phone cost $ 47.

1) We get the battery, SIM and SD cards. Unscrew the screws.
Attached Image

2) click on the "metal" edging. Gently snaps the rest of the clips. Moving around the edging you can hear the sound of snap-off clips.
Attached Image

3) Remove the back cover from the edging. "Click, click, click"!
Attached Image

We remove the back cover away.
Attached Image

4) Gently disconnect connectors.
Attached Image

Attached Image

5) We cleanspeaker. The author was wrong. In fact, it is a vibration motor. The speaker is located in the cover that you have already removed.Caution, because it is glued. I made it a big needle. Something similar should come up.
Attached Image

6) Raise the motherboard and disconnect the connector. Be careful not to damage it.
Attached Image

7) Put the motherboard in a safe place.
Attached Image

8) Carefully unscrew the screws holding the jack.
Attached Image

9) Gently snap off the connector.
Attached Image

10) Turning off the controller connector of the wheelbarrow, and gently pull it. Be careful, the controller is stuck to the thermoplate!
Attached Image

11) Gently poddevaem all 3 layers of the wheelbarrow so that "cling to the whole part", andnot get the pieces. Be careful not to mess up the display!
Attached Image

12) Carefully pass underthe very edge Tacha, so as not to damage the display!
Attached Image

That's all!
Attached Image

13) Congratulations, it's time to unpack the new touchscreen, and go through the manual in the reverse order.When you glue the new touchscreen, do not forget to plug the cable with the controller into the hole!
14) We cross our fingers in the hope that your phone will turn on.
Good luck, John.

Some kind of ad-libbing
1) Remove the screws and other metal objects away, so as not to close something extra or discharge the capacitor.
2) Wear rubber gloves.
3) When assembling, do not allow foreign objects inside.
4) Consider such a factor as dust when you glue a new touch. Then, it will not look very good under the touchscreen.
Regards, yod.

Post has been editedyod - 30.04.13, 17:45

Rep: (494)
How do I know if external_sd and sd_card are swapped?

After replacing memory in places, go to the task manager - long press the hardware key "home "-, click on the item "memory": USB driveandmemory cardshould be swapped as shown in the screenshot.
Attached Image

Post has been editedDacket - 03.05.13, 11:08

Over time, I began to mess up the headphone jack, how to fix it?

The fact is that in the jack of this model there is a feature: the screen leg (sleeve) of the headphones hangs in the air, while all other contacts are filled with plastic. Over time, it turns down (I happened after 7'and months of harsh use), which leads to poor contact on (-) headphones, and at a certain position of the plug, the sound is distorted. In the presence of direct hands to fix it is very easy!

Go!
1) We disassemble the device. We need to perform!only! items 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, from this instruction , exactly in the order in which I wrote here.
2) Jack is released: there are no screws, the connector is disconnected. It is glued with a weak glue. Carefully peel off, and zap. part numberGH59-12027A (this is in case you need to buy a new one) remains in our hands.
3) Now the fun part. Carefully turn down the contact minus, the same toothpick, screwdriver which you spun the phone also fit. This is how it looks in the new part:
Attached Image
4) For reliability, I pushed into this very hole (what is circled in the picture, of course) 2 tips broken off from a toothpick, 2-3 mm long.
5) Everything! We screw the jack into place, connect the connector, assemble the phone.
The whole procedure took me 15 minutes. Do not forget to install PowerAMP and enjoy great sound;)

Regards, yod.

Post has been editedyod - 29.06.13, 14:31

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 10/09/20, 12:59