> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Samsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III - Marriage and Repair

Rep: (1337)
Marriage and RepairSamsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III

Description | Discussion » | FAQ | Purchase » | Accessories »| Marriage and Repair» | Official firmware » | Custom firmware » | CyanogenMod 9/10 firmware and AOSP / AOKP firmware (OS 4.0.4 / 4.1.2) » | MIUI Firmware (OS 4.0) » | OMEGA Firmware (OS Jelly Bean 4. *. *) | Modified and stock kernels » | Editing system applications » | Modification of software and decorations » | Wallpaper » | Camera talk » | Discussion of the screen (display) | Wi-Fi setup and problems » | power usage | Games » | Club lovers » | EFS Recovery (IMEI) » |

When writing a question, please indicate the firmware version, the country of assembly and, if possible, the release / purchase date

Law of the Russian Federation "On Protection of Consumer Rights" of 07.02.1992 N 2300-1
Excerpts from Article 18 ZoPP about the exchange or return of goods

Marriage- This is a product that does not meet the quality standards, specifications and other regulatory and technical documentation, which was adopted by the country's legislative acts, technological rules of the enterprise or other similar regulatory documents.

Theme Rules
Before asking questions and claiming that you have a marriage, you should look at the topics: Samsung Galaxy S III FAQ and Android OS FAQ
Before publishing images, read the
How to work with photos on the forum.
Why was my post removed?
Friends, we all want our topic to be as informative as possible, and, at the same time, concise - there were no messages in it that had no practical value for the rest of the forum participants or newcomers.
therefore :
  1. Messages off topic of discussion (technical characteristics and features of the device operation) will be deleted.
  2. Messages that do not carry any meaning, and consist of monosyllabic statements: "Good!", "I'll try!", "When?", "Where?" - will be deleted.
  3. Messages with words of gratitude will be deleted.
    In order to express your gratitude, follow the Forum Rules:
    5. The reward system.
    5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.
    5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button.

The forum is a public place. Before turning to a specific person in a general topic, and not through the systemprivate messagesorQMS, think - will your message be interesting to other forum participants or will it just take up space?
useful links
Voting and polls
Attached Image
Attached Image

Free service does not apply to software (software) and drivers supplied with the product on various types of media (including, but not limited to, software preinstalled on the hard disk drive of the product), as well as the need to reinstall and configure BY.

Post has been editedMgalex - 28.02.17, 12:36
Reason for editing: Marriage and Repair

Rep: (254)
AllGooDGold @ 07/07/2012, 12:17*
While known:
1-micro crack back cover and rim
2-crackle sound
3-gap between the screen and the housing on one side
4 backlash / non-smooth stroke of buttons
5-zhor battery on some firmware (programmatically, specify when to fix)

1. IMHO of course, but this is the result of the owners' pens exposure. I doubt that somewhere they recognize it as a marriage.
2. There are such reviews, I have not personally met, although I changed four sgc3.
3. Can be considered a feature of the assembly. It is advisable to immediately look at the purchase. Of the 4 ss3, I had two with “slots”, but somehow it didn’t particularly float.
4. Button backlash is normal, there must be a tolerance in size, otherwise the buttons will jam. This is plastic. Metal tolerances are smaller (iPhone 4 / 4c), there is almost no backlash. But the sticking buttons like marriage already had several users.
5. This is definitely not a marriage. Reset / flashing helps, even if it happened and no third-party application is to blame. Incurable cases zhora Akum not met.

From myself I will add two personally noticed marriages, confirmed by the service (the devices were replaced with new ones):
1. Loud clicks from the main speaker when the sound amplifier is turned on and off, that is, at the beginning of any sound and 3 seconds after it ends, if no new sounds are played. The clicks are loud enough to be heard constantly with normal use and even not in complete silence. Very annoying.
2. Marriage display oleophobic coating. (Photo does not do, and in the photo is difficult to see anything). The essence of marriage is the presence in the areas of the screen where the oleophobic coating is not completely fulfill its function (or not perform). Marriage is almost not visible on the glass was wiped clean. But it is worth popolzovavshis apparatus that would remain on the glass sweat, grease and dirt just like these spots appear. There may be a variety of sizes. In places where these spots are very poorly wiped the dirt. For example, I always wear a phone in your pocket, do not use film naturally. Accustomed that the glass is always clean when pulled out the bodies of his pocket (he always wiped wonderful pocket of material). But in areas of these spots is always a dirty glass, especially infuriated the street and had a long time to rub the glass on a T-shirt, do have something to look at these spots. In addition, in these places a finger on the glass slides is much worse. Those who enjoy films, you can probably not much to worry about, but I have not seen the films (except matte), that would be so great to imitate such a useful work oleophobic coating.

Rep: (2)
There is a gap between the display and the case in the lower part under the Home button, as described above in the post, which is a feature of the assembly, the store didn’t unwrap the store, dust and small debris are collected, however.

Rep: (5)
Those who have a crack in the camera or flash or speaker. Check when closing and opening, does the body rub strongly in those places? Maybe you should choose a lofphone with a small gap, so that there is no load. Though there will be some dust.

Rep: (4)
About the "cracks" is nonsense, well, they can not just appear. They appear due to mechanical stress. It is with your checks when you close / open you get these "cracks".

What I have, that friend has this problem. Personally, I inadvertently removed the back cover, bent over the left upper edge, where the flash is. The result - a "crack" from the jack to the corner of the camera. A friend himself decided to check how strong this lid was and crumpled it in his hands: lol:

Marriage is to not call the language. Yes, the cover is fragile, but it is not a marriage. Yes, and there are "cracks" not on the lid itself, but on gloss enamel, it looks more like scratches that will appear on it anyway, it's gloss.

Personally, I have already ordered an aluminum cover for myself, $ 10 and no more scratches and it looks much nicer than gloss.

In the rest, while according to reviews, the number of marriages is extremely small. Recall only sgs or sgs2, there for a couple of weeks after the release was typed in the topic about the marriage of pages 50 posts. He handed over the first and second service, the first had problems with the speaker, the second had problems with the display. And right now, only 4 pages and then, most of the scratches on the glossy cover: rofl:

Post has been editedDEVIL095 - 03.07.12, 00:38

dima.2084,
Well, yellowness and so on, yes there is, but in principle it was no longer recognized as a marriage on sgs2. Although again, on sgs3 I do not see this yellowness, for example, in any case, such as it was on sgs2. And the problems with the display of sgs2 and without this yellowness were enough, incomprehensible spots on the display, similar to the traces of the sucker, he himself gave his own with such a problem, broken pixels, again I was lucky with this, and so on.

Secondly, it’s not worth being so critical, not all screen defects were recognized as the norm, but, for example, spots that are visible on a black background in total darkness and so on.

These identifications of yellowness and so on, I can not understand at all, well, yes, on a light gray background, if you look closely, it is noticeable that some part of the display slightly gives yellowness. Gentlemen, did you buy a phone in order to watch the days on the span only on a gray background?: D

Post has been editedDEVIL095 - 03.07.12, 01:35

Rep: (0)
Black spots on a dark gray background marriage, or so many?

Post has been editedr.hollenshead - 03.07.12, 02:39

Rep: (192)
DEVIL095 @ 07/03/2012, 01:25*
These identifications of yellowness and so on, I can not understand at all, well, yes, on a light gray background, if you look closely, it is noticeable that some part of the display slightly gives yellowness. Gentlemen, did you buy a phone in order to watch the days on the span only on a gray background?

So that's the trouble, that enough applications where use is gray, even in the same google play for example. And 2 weeks, I do not pay attention, but once noticed (actually noticed a week ago, but then copied to the fact that the interface below a gradient using the screen, respectively. Thought that this is by design), but now the eyes already permanently clings to this garbage. It began with the fact that some people complained about the dark spots on the black display in the dark, that's when the test set and it was then, and realized that there is a problem, and its gradient successfully masks.

Posted on 07/03/2012, 03:01:

r.hollenshead @ 07/07/2012, 02:36*
Black spots on a dark gray background marriage, or so many?

It is meant to consider a black background in a dark room? Yes, the screen in this situation resembles the starry sky, but this garbage is not visible in real life, because even with minimal external light, the screen is just black.

Rep: (16)
The device is completely satisfied; everything works fine, but after a while a small plastic creaking of the power button appeared, while this creaking only appears when you press the bottom of the button, when you press the top and closer to the center, there is no such sound. : huh:
Is it possible to remove this creak yourself or not?

Rep: (321)
Tunecc most likely the garbage got. I have a little creaks, you can hear if you bring it to your ear.

Post has been editedFrag-m - 03.07.12, 11:43

Rep: (1)
Took the body two weeks, last week noticed zalyaponuyu ovalnolnoy circle shape size of an egg, I thought just Cormany glass sweats vyterat constantly, then decided to wipe, and then rubbed his hand, this area immediately vydelelas. Since it was harder steranes finger prints and bad slides on the glass. Proddema realized with glass coated. The store refused to change to the next, say late notice and was sent to the SC, they said what they see in the first but on the guarantees promised to eliminate prlblemu, just how much Remon last did not say. I thought I know all marriages Samsung and there's a nasty surprise

Rep: (14)
inter_rock, most likely it is damage to the oleophobic coating, this occurs, but not often, is almost always recognized as a marriage for a short period of use.

Post has been editeddeadmz - 05.07.12, 15:22

Rep: (19)
I handed over my PCT Pebble Blue (purchased at the Samsung Gallery on Tverskaya) to the service (Pro-Service) with the following problems:
1. Large backlash play in the upper part on both sides
2. Sorinka under protective glass
3. Home button

They said the issue will try to solve the 48 hours passed ... 29.06 today comes SMS: SAMSUNG - "Welcome Your Appliances Samsung still being renovated We delema everything possible to reduce the repair period apologize!.." Here you have a VIP service. It is logical to assume that parts for the repair to be ordered from abroad, hence the delay in the timing, although the repair status (which can be checked on the website of Pro-Service) a few days ago has changed to "Pending spare parts for repairs to continue." Apparently replaced the rear cover.

PS: Before you take the phone to the service, I called the Samsung Gelerey. There they informed me that they would not simply exchange the device and that they should be handed over for examination. It is not possible to pass oneself for examination, only warranty repairs.

For all who have the following problems:
  • broken pixels on the screen
  • spots on the display in total darkness
  • mote \ dust \ other under protective glass display
  • scratches, cracks, uneven oleophobic coating on the protective glass Gorilla Glass 2
  • vague work (creaking, sticking, etc.) buttons Home, Power and Volume
  • the gaps between the display and frame
  • chips / cracks in the display frame

EVERYTHING these problems are treated ONLY REPLACEMENT here is this part of the body ->
Photo device disassembled
Attached Image

SHE IS NEDDIBLE! * Video confirmation *
Therefore, for example, if you want to change the protective glass with scratches, then you will change the entire front part of the device and the repair will cost you a pretty penny (if the repair is not under warranty).
The next option is also possible - after replacing the front panel because of the jamming Home button, you can get a device with a normal button, but with large gaps between the display and frame, and so on ...
K
In a hat

Post has been editedNoreg - 16.05.13, 13:01

Rep: (20)
I own too, passed today - tomorrow promised to return to suppliers - and me a new one! The unit "gray" firm .Horosho solid though and took expensive, but ... first butting (or rather not sellers, and Accredited Service Center, say the external action, the phone is bought 8 days ago), then came the director himself - look - said first time I see this, tomorrow will call after 15:00 will take away new ... Marriage olefrobnogo coverage if you hold your finger across the screen - clearly remains a place where non-uniform coating, or rather rough place, where there is no coverage olefrobnogo, but only prepared for his glass and this is manifested in the form of dark spots ... sorry gallery did .... By the way, the glass noticeably scratched, I sneaked S2 year, not a single scratch, and it has appeared ... Gorila Eye 2 --- full of crap, failure !!!

Post has been editedSemahko72 - 06.07.12, 19:31
Reason for editing: spelling ...

Rep: (-2)
Semahko72, scratches are most likely due to the lack of coverage, then probably like plastic car headlights - on top there is durable spraying on relatively soft plastic so that the blows do not prick like ordinary glass and at the same time do not scratch.

Rep: (8)
Yuriy2012 @ 07/07/2012, 16:42*
People please take a photo of these micro cracks on the lid.

Here are some snapshots. These cracks appear solely due to careless opening of the lid !!! It is worth slightly to give effort to one of the corners as voila, the micro crack is secured. Immediately you will not notice them, only at certain angles and normal lighting.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

I agree with all users about the HORRIBLE material of the case, this glossy plastic does not inspire confidence !!! It is better to immediately purchase another cover in order not to spoil the original one.

Post has been editedKirhe - 07.07.12, 21:14
Reason for editing: We hide the pictures under the spoiler. Not all users have unlimited internet!

DEADover @ 07/06/2012, 14:59*
SHE IS NEDDIBLE! * Video confirmation *

It is a collapsible :)
Proof of times -http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Front-Fra...r-/320935441390
and proof two -http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S-3...e-/150832462767
Cover-frame is quite budget, but the screen - not really!

Although, I agree, to disassemble myself is both inconvenient and scary.
I carry the phone in a silicone case for now.
I flew SGS I twice on asphalt, only the frame was wrinkled slightly, there were no cracks, there was a strong machine :)
SGS II didn’t fly to my asphalt, so I don’t know how strong it is :)

Rep: (0)
Good day.
I noticed the following nuisance on my device: with a white or gray fill of the screen in the lower part I see a pink tint.
I did not notice this on the display case in the store.
Tell me, does anyone else have such an effect and is it a marriage?

Rep: (192)
Criticman @ 07/09/2012, 13:06*
Good day.
I noticed the following nuisance on my device: with a white or gray fill of the screen in the lower part I see a pink tint.
I did not notice this on the display case in the store.
Tell me, does anyone else have such an effect and is it a marriage?

I have a yellow corner in yellow color, a strip somewhere in 1cm wide. I got it, today I took it to the official SC of Samsung, my aunt at the reception agreed that the bug is easily visible and it is not normal, the master looked out for a long time, blew his lips, took a photo, he says they will send a request to the Samsung. Account 3-day VIP support went, we are waiting, sir.

viewer2007 @ 07/09/2012, 14:38*
I got it, today I took it to the official SC of Samsung, my aunt at the reception agreed that the bug is easily visible and it is not normal, the master looked out for a long time, blew his lips, took a photo, he says they will send a request to the Samsung. Account 3-day VIP support went, we are waiting, sir.

In Pro-Service handed over? When I handed over my device with a speck of dust under the screen and a backlash, the master also blew his lip for a long time and began to fill in the pier, it is possible and not a warranty case (think of a speck of dust, and some kind of play), he said he would make a request and say that 48 hours. As a result, the device is under repair for 400+ hours. I am afraid that this VIP does not apply for repair periods, although I didn’t call Samsung about this ...: ph34r:
* Status of repair in Pro-Service, you can look atthis page

Post has been editedDEADover - 09.07.12, 16:56

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 20/10/20, 20:24